3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

MoiMoi

Jul 27, 2017
I can't make progress in ''stick or carrot'', it says that I have to make progress in ''schoolmate'' but I have already complete ''schoolmate''. Is this a glitch?

Jeno

Donor
Aug 27, 2017
To add my two cents to the debate of "take the time to do things right"... Yes obviously that is the way to go.
I really like what I see here a lot. Adding extra flair to the day-to-day is very important.
The way Aleksey has already improved the peeking for example is excellent. These are events you repeat a LOT. And now, you want to, since there's so many variations. So adding this kind of complexity should be entirely worth it.

Rendering new scenes with improved techniques or newer generation models is also obviously a good idea. However I don't think there's much value in re-doing most existing scenes. They are definitely more than acceptable already. The difference in visual quality between genesis 3 and 8 is almost not noticeable to me.

For me, Big Brother was basically the first "post-Patreon" game I ever played. It was the big one that inspired countless others to get into the business of making these games. It holds a special place for me and it's still a game I can sink so much time into. This remake is without a doubt the best one that's out there and a real testament to what the original game could/should have become.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Rendering new scenes with improved techniques or newer generation models is also obviously a good idea. However I don't think there's much value in re-doing most existing scenes. They are definitely more than acceptable already. The difference in visual quality between genesis 3 and 8 is almost not noticeable to me.
I agree - leave the existing scenes alone and focus on going forward.

I've seen a number of AVNs redo the hair and skin tone (tanning...) of characters so that it is easier to animate or better reflects where the story is now/simply improves the way various NPC's and the MC look.

If needed (and not used ad nauseum), they can simply drop in a narrative sequence... "Ann got a small bonus and decided to treat the ladies of the family to a nice spa day, including beauty treatments and a visit to a quality hair salon".

The only other issue is the timing of this change, so that there is no need to redo certain early repetitive sequences with the new models.

summerjo

May 9, 2017
So if the changes take place on day 1 as mentioned.
This version of the game is now trash, you will need to start everything over.

Or am I wrong?

The reason I am asking, brings up another question.
Will the first release be just an into? Or will it have some actual gameplay?
If the 2nd is the case, I don't see how a timely release is really possible.

Last edited:

BigRedRadio

Oct 8, 2022
Some News:

About the game, I can only say that in the Remastered version of the game players will face almost a new game.
The changes in the game are not small.
The game will not be repetitive and boring for players who are worried about starting the game from the beginning.
Players will also see changes in the game process and this will not end only in the game images .

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
winterballoon:
I just saw the news. What does this mean as far as how long it will take

Aleksey90:
Another week or two

winterballoon:
what days of the game are gonna be in this update

Aleksey90:
The 1st update is the first game day. It is necessary to familiarize players with all the changes. If all is well, you can move on.
No Kira preview :-( I'm a sad panda Other than that if it makes the game flow better, less grindy and less likely to unexpectedly close all your options because you picked the wrong choice on day 4 I'm all for it :)

thy43

Jan 30, 2019
I'd try if I understood the question. What is the latest hint in this opportunity and what does the walkthrough suggest?
School Girl : I can't progress in my mission. I stayed at the nipple show.
Lisa shows her boobs. does not progress any further. other missions are waiting for this mission.

BigRedRadio

Oct 8, 2022
Lisa shows her boobs. does not progress any further. other missions are waiting for this mission.
Not 100% certain but I think you need to talk to Kira next if you're where I think you are

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
So you don't know what the hint says and you also didn't check the walkthrough.

"show boobs": during homework?
Then your next step is to get good at foot massages with Alice.
Check the walkthrough for more details.

thy43

Jan 30, 2019
So you don't know what the hint says and you also didn't check the walkthrough.

"show boobs": during homework?
Then your next step is to get good at foot massages with Alice.
Check the walkthrough for more details.
How will I know if he has mastered foot massage? I constantly massage by the pool and in front of the TV.

Lgn332

May 23, 2018
The hardest part however is always to get started, to get the game engine going (not renpy, but the framework his game is based on, stat management, clothing system and so on)
Has he told which engine will he be using?

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Has he told which engine will he be using?
There was no word about that, but the framework is most likely Ren'py, that's what he knows how to use.
I was talking about what he has to write to get the game running. No one programs every step of the game manually. That does not even work for linear games anymore. You build something you can work on top of. This base is the framework/engine I was talking about. And if you disagree with the term, that's perfectly find, what a "engine" is and what not has been a topic for countless debates.

Reactions: Lgn332

LuciferPrometheus

Apr 30, 2020
I just hope this doesn't turn into where it all began. I don't mind the rework but am really worried about how long the whole thing will take.

Arata20

Jan 14, 2018
Oh, how long have i not been in this thread. It turns out that a remaster is already being developed lol.
A typical situation - do not know what to do? Start from begining.
I hope in a couple of years Alexey will start developing a remaster of the remaster.:KEK::KEK::KEK:

Reactions: evko

BDI

May 23, 2017
Oh, how long have i not been in this thread. It turns out that a remaster is already being developed lol.
A typical situation - do not know what to do? Start from begining.
I hope in a couple of years Alexey will start developing a remaster of the remaster.:KEK::KEK::KEK:
He did not need to revamp the whole game, all he should have done was add on to the game. This shows that he had run out of ideas.

3.10 star(s) 91 Votes