3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

.Black Panther.

Jun 3, 2020
Some News:

About the game, I can only say that in the Remastered version of the game players will face almost a new game.
The changes in the game are not small.
The game will not be repetitive and boring for players who are worried about starting the game from the beginning.
Players will also see changes in the game process and this will not end only in the game images .

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
winterballoon:
I just saw the news. What does this mean as far as how long it will take

Aleksey90:
Another week or two

winterballoon:
what days of the game are gonna be in this update

Aleksey90:
The 1st update is the first game day. It is necessary to familiarize players with all the changes. If all is well, you can move on.

2dark2

Oct 22, 2017
winterballoon:
I just saw the news. What does this mean as far as how long it will take

Aleksey90:
Another week or two

winterballoon:
what days of the game are gonna be in this update

Aleksey90:
The 1st update is the first game day. It is necessary to familiarize players with all the changes. If all is well, you can move on.
If I got it right then.

It sounds pretty bad if the pace is the same as now, it will take several years to catch up with the current version on the progress

After the release of the new version, the main question will again be when it will be possible to get rid of Eric.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
If I got it right then.

It sounds pretty bad if the pace is the same as now, it will take several years to catch up with the current version on the progress

After the release of the new version, the main question will again be when it will be possible to get rid of Eric.
He should be able to reuse all of his existing renders. So even if he's completely changing the mechanics and a lot of the story, as long as the scenes from the current version are still going to be in there somewhere, those are basically already done. So progress on the new version should be a lot faster than the current version until it at least catches up to where the current game is. Just my 2 cents.

That could still mean he's adding stuff in between the earliest content and the current endgame stuff but he doesn't have to remake the existing renders. He doesn't have to redo the existing dialog much if at all. He just might move things around, add certain mechanics, insert new scenes in between the current progression, etc.

Reactions: greenymph

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
He should be able to reuse all of his existing renders. So even if he's completely changing the mechanics and a lot of the story, as long as the scenes from the current version are still going to be in there somewhere, those are basically already done. So progress on the new version should be a lot faster than the current version until it at least catches up to where the current game is. Just my 2 cents.
He was about to upgrade the early renders anyway, so he won't reuse all of the existing ones. The early ones looked a lot like the original BB, before he found his own style.

The hardest part however is always to get started, to get the game engine going (not renpy, but the framework his game is based on, stat management, clothing system and so on), which he apparently has done by now.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Ahh ok that will definitely slow things down if he's redoing all the renders, but yeah at least he doesn't have to reinvent the wheel. He's already got most of his story laid out as well as the code so progress should still be faster initially. He should be able to just copy paste a lot of his events and then only have to do minor tweaks to them if he's changing mechanics or something.

Entirely new scenes will still be slower though. If I remember right, he uses a lot of layers and sprites for his renders so he can still reuse some of his renders even if he's using different character models. The clothing for instance is rendered separately if I'm not mistaken. So changing the character model doesn't matter for the clothing as long as it's close enough that the clothing layered on top looks like it fits.

2dark2

Oct 22, 2017
I don't know very well the differences in technical part gen 3 and gen 8 but like some clothing models from gen 3 like no or don't fit gen 8

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
The clothing for instance is rendered separately if I'm not mistaken.
He won't updates ALL images, the later ones are already made with his new models and light model.

I am not entirely sure how he renders, but the layers always also include part of the character for smooth transitions/borders. Positioning the clothing parts might be more work than just letting the whole image render. Also when rendering he doesn't position small images. The layers all have a fixed size with most of the area being transparent. Debugging would be hell otherwise.

Also there are layers for characters posing differently. Lisa and Olivia by the pool, Lisa and Max on the bed have also changing poses and there are many more.

Let's take Lisa for example, when you open her door.
There are about 8-10 different poses I think. Shocked Front+Back / Covering Front+Back and depending on which part of her clothing is missing, she holds her hands differntly when covering.
There is the fully nude version, bath towel with optional headwrap, red bikini top, red bikini bottom, jeans, shirt, bathrobe, panties, bra ...

I think he renders each pose with each set of clothing once, then cuts out what he needs for differences, getting up to three layers (top + bottom + head) out of one rendering.
... and still thgat's a lot of renderings.

I think these are made with the new models already however, so he does not have to recreate them. I believe what will be upgraded are mostly the very old pics: Lisa in the bath, Alice at the pool or sunbathing and so on.

The new version so far looks, as if it's target was to give this game a new distinctive DNA, make it more different from the original.
Who knows ... maybe the critics get their will and the new version will be simplier than the old one with less variations. I would find that sad, but in the end it might increase productivity.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
There's tradeoffs either way. The approach he's using with layers reduces render time for things like multiple clothing options in the same scene but it also reduces realism by removing the ability to get some of the visual effects that you could get by rendering the entire scene as 1 image. Things like accurate shadows or reflections are not possible if important parts of the scene don't even exist for each separate render.

If I render the background separately then I can't show a girl's reflection in the window for instance because she doesn't exist in that render at all. Same thing with shadows. He partially addresses that by doing things like rendering the girls with whatever furnature they're physically in contact with like a bed or a couch. Enabling depth of field can also partially hide the lack of accurate shadows or reflections.

Reflections in particular add a lot to a scene IMO, but they also significantly increase render time so unless you have a pretty powerful render rig they might not be worth it anyway. The practice I got doing my mod was done on a GTX 1050Ti and I saw render times ranging from simple renders in well lit areas without reflections that only took 20 minutes or so per image to low light scenes in front of a full length mirror which took longer than 8 hours per image to render. It's surprising how much difference light level and certain other settings makes.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
khumak

Good if it is but if I remember correctly in the summer there was a message about moving daz3d models to new versions with renders update

added a link to the news gen 3 to gen 8
https://f95zone.to/threads/big-brother-another-story-v0-09-2-03-aleksey90.43101/post-8360100
I hadn't seen that post. His comments about giving preference to clothing with built in morph options makes a LOT of sense and will save a HUGE amount of time. Manipulating clothing to make it look like a girl is taking something off or even doing something as simple as having someone pull a girl's panties to the side a little for some naughty access without completely removing them is a major pain in the ass.

Unless there are built in morphs, it either takes forever or it just looks really bad. That's why so many adult games simply make clothing magically disappear in an instant when there's a sex scene. The 3 hours worth of fighting to get that bra to expose her tits without clipping through her chest or something is just not worth it unless it has a built in morph that does it for you.

Reactions: Chaosguy

WankerDxD

Nov 11, 2022
All what i care about is staying in the same route of Original BB , I hope that they ask the Original Dev about what he was thinking/ planning for the unfinished opportunities .

And Alesky already did good work with Characters, same personalities and EXACTLY same Design without changing the face details.
( Maybe Kira , but she's more beautiful now )

kalik

Oct 14, 2017
Most of these big brother continuation sort of made sense when Dark Silver abandoned it, but with the story being introduced and integrated into Glamour all the big brother copies end up looking and feeling like poorly executed fan projects by talentless hacks.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Most of these big brother continuation sort of made sense when Dark Silver abandoned it, but with the story being introduced and integrated into Glamour all the big brother copies end up looking and feeling like poorly executed fan projects by talentless hacks.
Well, I like this poorly executed fan project by a talented hack. Ride on, Aleksey!

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Have you played the Max route in Glamour lately? It's terrible. Yes, you can fuck everyone but all of them are just mindless fucktoys. There's no story. The original BB is better than Glamour by far IMO. And Aleksy's BB is better than the original BB if you're only comparing up to the same level of progress. Kind of hard to compare a version where you can fuck everyone to a version where you can't yet.

Most adult games have questionable justification for a lot of the sex scenes but they at least try to give some kind of plausibility to it. Glamour doesn't bother with that at all for most of them. Ann actively encourages Lisa to fuck Max right in front of her and doesn't care at all if Max fucks her whole family. There's really no build up at all. You could argue about how plausible Max's conquest of each girl was in the original BB but at least there was some attempt at building up to it.

Lisa's path in Glamour basically amounts to this. Max tells Lisa he'd like to be her boyfriend. Lisa says ok, but I don't know what to do so lets ask Mom to give me some dick sucking lessons. Ann agrees but says if you guys want to fuck I want to watch so you have to do it in front of me. Done. Now max can fuck his sister right in front of his mom. Also, Alice becomes even more of an insufferable bitch than in the original BB.

Last edited:

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019
Have you played the Max route in Glamour lately? It's terrible. Yes, you can fuck everyone but all of them are just mindless fucktoys. There's no story. The original BB is better than Glamour by far IMO. And Aleksy's BB is better than the original BB if you're only comparing up to the same level of progress. Kind of hard to compare a version where you can fuck everyone to a version where you can't yet.

Most adult games have questionable justification for a lot of the sex scenes but they at least try to give some kind of plausibility to it. Glamour doesn't bother with that at all for most of them. Ann actively encourages Lisa to fuck Max right in front of her and doesn't care at all if Max fucks her whole family. There's really no build up at all. You could argue about how plausible Max's conquest of each girl was in the original BB but at least there was some attempt at building up to it.

Lisa's path in Glamour basically amounts to this. Max tells Lisa he'd like to be her boyfriend. Lisa says ok, but I don't know what to do so lets ask Mom to give me some dick sucking lessons. Ann agrees but says if you guys want to fuck I want to watch so you have to do it in front of me. Done. Now max can fuck his sister right in front of his mom. Also, Alice becomes even more of an insufferable bitch than in the original BB.
I agree, and I don't think DS ever had a plain to finish BB. I'm not saying he's talentless, but his main talent has always been ripping of supporters.

Cainhurst

Feb 28, 2019
I disagree. I enjoy both of them but Max is not a complete dick in this. The Max in Glamour is an absolute asshole. To me that is the biggest reason I prefer this version. I also like that the characters are generally more true to their character. In Glamour they just act based on what the plot requires of them. Also something about the lighting and models is better in this version. It is brighter.

Jax_iv

Dec 16, 2017

I made the mistake of thinking BadBobby and BigBrother were the same thing. (Cause lets face it, half the models are the same, and the storyline is extremely similar)

Unrelated - is this games current version radically different from walkthrough? Nothing seems to matchup so far, like I'm in the week after having met eric, and there's no bank or research bank option on computer...
Sorry to interrupt, but could you remind me of which game this picture is from. Just recently I remembered this game, but I couldn't remember its name.)

3.10 star(s) 91 Votes