3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

Zane11

Oct 31, 2021
Forgive me for asking what has probably been said already, but this starting from scratch thing has taken me completely by surprise and is honestly just sad... Could someone point me to an older post or someplace that explains the reasoning behind starting over..?

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
wish I could have been in the Dev's head when he thought: "mhmm, my progress is a lot slower than I hoped for and fans are bugging me all the time to progress the story to get more lewd scenes. And to really tell "another story" as I promised.
Hey! I have an idea! Let me start all over, so they can wait even longer and make them relive the same old start of the story from DS! Bet they haven't had enought of that from all the mods they played. No new sex scenes for the next decade, and no new story ... but NEW ICONS! they will love it"

I wish I could have crushed that thought before it ever materialized.

firevoodoo

Aug 26, 2017
Forgive me for asking what has probably been said already, but this starting from scratch thing has taken me completely by surprise and is honestly just sad... Could someone point me to an older post or someplace that explains the reasoning behind starting over..?
Both DarkSilver and Aleksey90 are artists and not writers.

Both are perfectionists.

Both seems to be thrilled with the tech side of 3D art and bored with storytelling.

Reboot allows one to focus on creating of more ‘perfect’ art while not bothering with the story.

I predict DS will never finish Glamour and might do yet another reboot as well.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
There was no official statement about that. Maybe on discord, but not here.

It's possible to say a few things about what changed, but not about the reason. For the first half of the past year there was talk about replacing the old renders while continuing the game and then in autumn a complete rework was announced.

I can of course only guess, but I'd say that he wasn't happy with some design decisions (code, managing overlays and so on). Reworking the old renders would have meant to a) stick to the flawed system or b) havig two different systems running at the same time. Both is a pain in the ass, b) even more so. Remaking everything with the new one would make more sense from a programmers point of view. He already has a sh**tload of renders, but he needs to split them into overlays again. The new data structure seems to be a bit more straightforward and better organized and while there are actually more clothing options now, he has one image per option and not sometimes split top and bottom (bra, panties, 2 options for each ) and sometimes one overlay that handles the whole body (towel for example). It's a bit easier to handle with less potential for bugs.

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
Both DarkSilver and Aleksey90 are artists and not writers.

Both are perfectionists.

Both seems to be thrilled with the tech side of 3D art and bored with storytelling.

Reboot allows one to focus on creating of more ‘perfect’ art while not bothering with the story.

I predict DS will never finish Glamour and might do yet another reboot as well.
https://f95zone.to/threads/glamour-2016-v0-8-fix-5-dark-silver.1782/
Glamour was abandoned by DS before/while he started Big Brother.
Then he "Rebild*" the new Glamour combining with the Big Brother.

Hence, your prediction might come true :illuminati:

Alexisissy

Oct 8, 2019
Will there be an opportunity here, after an agreement with him, to put Lisa under Eric in the literal sense or again only in the abstract and we will only see a closed door?

firevoodoo

Aug 26, 2017
https://f95zone.to/threads/glamour-2016-v0-8-fix-5-dark-silver.1782/
Glamour was abandoned by DS before/while he started Big Brother.
Then he "Rebild*" the new Glamour combining with the Big Brother.

Hence, your prediction might come true :illuminati:
Notice how the plot always remains the same: ‘we are so poor, let’s fuck for money’, ‘let’s fuck to make bad things and problems go away for a little bit’ the rest is ‘let’s fuck just because’.

But progressive improvement of the visuals was and is always very evident.

First iteration of Glamour compared to Big Brother was, well…

But I clearly remember the vast difference between early and late visuals inside BB itself.

My personal theory of the ‘why’ DS abandoned BB was he reached such an artistic height he couldn’t realize himself inside BB visuals without breaking its coherency.

Reactions: OnlyFunz

Cainhurst

Feb 28, 2019
The art is really good but it sucks that BB seems to always get stuck in the same area. I just want one of these games to move forward with the plot.

Reactions: Chaosguy

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017

Zane11

Oct 31, 2021
There was no official statement about that. Maybe on discord, but not here.

It's possible to say a few things about what changed, but not about the reason. For the first half of the past year there was talk about replacing the old renders while continuing the game and then in autumn a complete rework was announced.

I can of course only guess, but I'd say that he wasn't happy with some design decisions (code, managing overlays and so on). Reworking the old renders would have meant to a) stick to the flawed system or b) havig two different systems running at the same time. Both is a pain in the ass, b) even more so. Remaking everything with the new one would make more sense from a programmers point of view. He already has a sh**tload of renders, but he needs to split them into overlays again. The new data structure seems to be a bit more straightforward and better organized and while there are actually more clothing options now, he has one image per option and not sometimes split top and bottom (bra, panties, 2 options for each ) and sometimes one overlay that handles the whole body (towel for example). It's a bit easier to handle with less potential for bugs.
Thank you for taking the time to explain. Though it seems no apparent reason is available. I'm not a programmer or artist, but in all honesty the points you listed sound to me a bit feeble (if true of course)..

Sadness abounds, it's like BB is cursed to never continue beyond the base game's content lol

ra

Jun 19, 2017
in my opinion he is exploiting his subscribers I have been following him for a while looking for a reason to be able to support him but today I can't find it I think he could have easily put these updates in the continuation of the game graphics new parts so he doesn't inspire me much confidence

ra

Jun 19, 2017
then I don't like the fact that with the game already quite advanced I started all over again and added only very few scenes I'm not convinced

Reactions: LucaNatoli

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
(quick update to Mod)

Rebuild Mod v0.01.02
https://f95zone.to/threads/big-brother-another-story-rebuild-mod-v0-01-02-onlyfunz.150953/

Change-Log
v0.01.02 for BBASr v0.01.00
  • Changed the way Hiding Clotheswork:
    • Once you Enable to "Hide Clothes with UI" in Settings, Hiding the UI also hides "Clothes" & "Watermark".
    • If you don't select to Hide Clothes in Settings, Hiding the UI only hides "Watermark", Clothes will be visible.
I wasn't aware of that "remove clothes" option when hiding the UI, that immediately explains why the renders lost the somewhat still realistic look, sprites are rendered out of the environment and the light on them just doesn't look as good compared to what it would be when rendered in the actual environment

probably could be improved with generating unique HDR backgrounds, but that might be a lot of fiddling and prone to problems, more trouble than worth, but also good enough excuse to start over after 6-12-18 months :KEK:

LucaNatoli

Sep 30, 2016
What in the sex penis is rebuild version? can someone give me a quick run down?
Sure, i'll do my best. A rebuild is when the dev becomes so lazy to write the story, so instead they scrap the entire game, remove all content and start over just to add some new clothing or a tad better renders whilst taking the game back to bare bones. They will usually try to justify the move by saying the 'coding ' is cleaner in the rebuild, or the 'coding' had errors in the previous versions, which is usually a smoke screen.
They could have at least kept all the content and applied the new clothing / renders over the old ones.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
then I don't like the fact that with the game already quite advanced I started all over again and added only very few scenes I'm not convinced
I wasn't thrilled about that either when I read about it months ago. By now I have made my peace with it. Let's see if the gameplay really will be smoother and the grind factor smaller, as promised.

Seems more of a tech demo.
It is.

Reactions: ra
3.10 star(s) 91 Votes