3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
As much as I agree with you on that its just a start and thing should get better( especially if he starts making better cash and can get a coder) we're at what? v.7bug fix official and v.8 unofficial? That's bad I don't remember any other game here that would go that high in bug fix version.

I'm sure that Aleksey is not stupid and knows all that. Its just that there's no other way to go right now. He's doing everything alone as best as he can. I don't think that whining more will change situation. The only thing that will change the situation is time and/or money.
It seems people already forget what a mess original BB was at the start.
BB 0.2 have 3 completely different version that you need to download from scracth+1 more with some bug fixes.
BB 0.3 have some bugs that stay in the game for 4-5 more updates
BB 0.4 leave us with some bugs that was never fixed

Reactions: maxbishup

victor659

Jan 9, 2019
Yes the memories was at the persistent file. If someone post a save file it is needed to include the persistent file as well.

This is a less grindy that the original version, no doubt about that. At the moment it can be a little over complicated and the bugs don’t help, but they are fixing the bugs, I’ve got all the memories by this point. Bugs are just a part of game development, even massive games with 1000s of Patreon shave bugs. This has a long way to go and if it continues to grow I’d expect the quality and speed of releases to improve in timel
Personally I haven't any problem with the quality of the renders and some of them I would say they are better that the original game. Also I don't have problem if there are some delays especially if the dev doesn't earn a lot of money from his game. The problem is on the coding/scripts and the complexity. I have played about 50 games and many of them with little support. Only 3-4 of them had similar or worse issues. As for the grinding I think that it is similar to the original. You may think that it has less grinding because it has less content but the skills % checks are increased with the same slow rate.

Probably the dev is trying to transfer the original game's code and mechanics to renpy. But the title says "Another Story" not "Renpy edition". He could keep the main theme and some other elements from the original game and make his own code/script from scratch. And if you are not a good coder you don't need to make a complex code. What makes a good game are the renders and the story/dialogues not the complex code and the excessive grinding.

hngg

Compress All The Things!
Modder
Donor
Compressor
May 26, 2019

Hey bro, thanks for the port.
I hope you will add ui hiding feature in the next update (or as fix update :p ;))​
Yep, I'm working on the update now. Swipe gestures to skip dialogue, hide UI, rollback, and open the save menu will be added, too. (y)

Edit - Done.

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Yes the memories was at the persistent file. If someone post a save file it is needed to include the persistent file as well.

Personally I haven't any problem with the quality of the renders and some of them I would say they are better that the original game. Also I don't have problem if there are some delays especially if the dev doesn't earn a lot of money from his game. The problem is on the coding/scripts and the complexity. I have played about 50 games and many of them with little support. Only 3-4 of them had similar or worse issues. As for the grinding I think that it is similar to the original. You may think that it has less grinding because it has less content but the skills % checks are increased with the same slow rate.

Probably the dev is trying to transfer the original game's code and mechanics to renpy. But the title says "Another Story" not "Renpy edition". He could keep the main theme and some other elements from the original game and make his own code/script from scratch. And if you are not a good coder you don't need to make a complex code. What makes a good game are the renders and the story/dialogues not the complex code and the excessive grinding.
You forget that here you can abuse save/load to get the result you want even with something like 5%.In BB you can't do that.So the grind for stats is not needed at all.
It is like cheating but more annoying. How many times you need to try with 5% chances to succeed? I don't like cheating and a little grinding to raise your stats is ok and make the game more realistic. But If you overdo it and "force" even the players that don't like cheating to cheat then you doing something very wrong with the game design and mechanics. Also grinding for stats is not the only problem. Most people's don't stuck because of low stats. A hint system / walkthrough is necessary to this game. Of course this is DS design but why not changing it? My opinion remain the same: It is an adult game so make nice renders (the dev is good at this), make a good story and dialogues (this is a little subjective but we are here because we like it) and keep the game mechanics and code as simple as possible. Now if there is a typo error in the script is not a big issue and normally doesn't break old saves.
I must be pretty lucky,i ttakes only 3 reloads.I remember how funny was in BB when with 98% i have failed a whole week( I mean I try each day once with 98% and the last day even with 99% and still-fail).Of course around 0.7 the max you can reach is 90%.Not anymore going to 100%.

Last edited:

victor659

Jan 9, 2019
You forget that here you can abuse save/load to get the result you want even with something like 5%.In BB you can't do that.So the grind for stats is not needed at all.
It is like cheating but more annoying. How many times you need to try with 5% chances to succeed? I don't like cheating and a little grinding to raise your stats is ok and make the game more realistic. But If you overdo it and "force" even the players that don't like cheating to cheat then you doing something very wrong with the game design and mechanics. Also grinding for stats is not the only problem. Most people's don't stuck because of low stats. A hint system / walkthrough is necessary to this game. Of course this is DS design but why not changing it? My opinion remain the same: It is an adult game so make nice renders (the dev is good at this), make a good story and dialogues (this is a little subjective but we are here because we like it) and keep the game mechanics and code as simple as possible. Now if there is a typo error in the script is not a big issue and normally doesn't break old saves.

Reactions: I'm pi2

redle

Apr 12, 2017
I find it hard to agree with the various arguments on game mechanics as they are presented. This development has taken an existing title that had popular success, and it tries to replicate most of the gameplay/mechanics as they existed in that popular version. Sure, the mechanics could be changed quite a bit from the original, but there's a lot more risk in whether those changes would be for the better or the worse. (Not claiming it couldn't be done different. Simply pointing out that the current design seems to basically follow the general principal of, "don't mess with success.")

Just gave the game a quick try (not played to the end of content yet). The biggest feature I noticed as lacking however is that money is not visible while the MC is using his computer. Considering every financial decision I have needed to make was through that computer, it is a rather significant oversight.

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019
I've always thought it ironic, how those of us responsible for 100% of support for this game, make up 0% of complaints. Those responsible for 0% of support, make up 100% of complaints. But the same ones are here every update to download (free of course)play, and complain. If the other games you get for free are so bug free, why play this one??????????

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
I've always thought it ironic, how those of us responsible for 100% of support for this game, make up 0% of complaints. Those responsible for 0% of support, make up 100% of complaints. But the same ones are here every update to download (free of course)play, and complain. If the other games you get for free are so bug free, why play this one??????????
I didn't think I would EVER have to do this but this comment REQUIRES me to call you a LIAR Maxbishup. I am KNOWN for complaining about the.. lack of Chocolate Chip Cookies. I am a supporter, and I COMPLAIN. So There. :whistle:

Just a thought.

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019
I didn't think I would EVER have to do this but this comment REQUIRES me to call you a LIAR Maxbishup. I am KNOWN for complaining about the.. lack of Chocolate Chip Cookies. I am a supporter, and I COMPLAIN. So There. :whistle:

Just a thought.
I stand corrected, 99.9/10%:alien:. But in my defense, aliens can't axially count. Here's how we call it, a few, some, most, all the fricking things. BTW aliens LOVE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES. Oh, and rubber bands, I mean how cool are those things.

Last edited:

Gaunt27

Feb 16, 2019
So I got Lisa to sleep without pants on, but I did it in exchange of helping with homework first which made her mad. Will having her do it the other way still make her mad?

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
I love the old BB game, in my eyes it has the perfect difficulty level and I think it is a crime to use cheats, mods or WT in this game. Only without it is a lot of fun. The game is a classic and will be played for many years to come. It has influenced all adult games and the carpal tunnel syndrome was a stroke of genius. I remember how I always waited for every update, unfortunately, the enjoyment was over after two or three hours and I had to wait another month for a new update. I've been supporting DS for 40 months with $40, although I'm not that keen on glamour, and now I see BB AS as a worthy successor, it's much easier to play (which will make many people happy). With the old game you had to do everything right the first days (here thanks to the credit nobody can fail). I am really impressed with BB AS, it has brought the old atmosphere back to life, which I thought was impossible, You are doing a fantastic job Aleksey90 and from 1.08 I will support you.
Screenshot_172.png Screenshot_171.png

Last edited:

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Yeah, so many complain about the number of bugfixes, that I have decided to wait, and only post finale bugfix from now on.
First, I want to thank you for posting the Bugfixes as they come out. Second, I think you should keep posting them as it both let's people play the game AND it helps with finding the Bugs that (EVIL Scum) Eric keeps hiding in the game. With the fixes available here more people play and find problems so they can be fixed more quickly.

Yes, there will be people who complain, but that will happen no matter what. :)

Just a thought.

P.S. Just wanted to add another complaint about the lack of Chocolate Chip Cookies. :)

Reactions: theCraven and keer

varus9

May 27, 2017
I seem to have gotten stuck like many others on starting the hand massage with Lisa. Followed the advice in this thread as best as I could, but still haven't gotten anywhere. Wondered if someone could take a look at my save and give some advice? Thanks

3.10 star(s) 91 Votes