3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
The only alternative that I know of is Subscribe Star. Are there others? Are there any issues with using Subscribe Star vs Patreon? I stopped using Patreon a long time ago because of their stance on free speech. I do still support creators, but it's typically direct donations via paypal (not a fan of them either, but most people don't have other ways to donate setup.)
I have had no problems switching to SubscribeStar. Like you I dumped Patreon. Some devs have not migrated there. I support those that have taken that step.

Reactions: Manifold

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
The only alternative that I know of is Subscribe Star. Are there others? Are there any issues with using Subscribe Star vs Patreon? I stopped using Patreon a long time ago because of their stance on free speech. I do still support creators, but it's typically direct donations via paypal (not a fan of them either, but most people don't have other ways to donate setup.)
Funnily enough most of the issues you have with Patreon (which you've stopped using) are actually imposed by the payment processor - Paypal (which you're still using). I don't want to go into details, because this is not the right thread to discuss that, but do some research.

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Funnily enough most of the issues you have with Patreon (which you've stopped using) are actually imposed by the payment processor - Paypal (which you're still using). I don't want to go into details, because this is not the right thread to discuss that, but do some research.
True, but the irony being, you can just send a donation/payment with paypal, and they'll never know why you sent money there.

All you need to do, is setup a cheap website, saying your donation will go toward an unnamed development time of a game: Ie: you're paying time for the dev, without specifying a project, because there's actually no legal reason he has to mention what he is working on in details for you to "decide to donate to him" on his own website.

Hell, the dev only has to say (not actually needing to produce anything either) that is he also working on a non adult VN, and it's done. The reason Patreon has to clamp down on things to begin with, is because people describe exactly what they're doing there and even host their files there.

There is another payment provide ccbill (but there are many others), if patreon was willing to do things right, they'd just stop using paypal, and that'd be the end of it. The fault still lies with Patreon in the end :). Considering how much money paypal must be making off of it, they'd more than likely soften up.

Anyway, dev, stop using Patreon, there are other solutions nowadays ^_^

I'll finish with these words of wisdom for the day: Incest is Best

Reactions: IgorMkg83

JeffM80

Jun 21, 2017
All you need to do, is setup a cheap website, saying your donation will go toward an unnamed development time of a game: Ie: you're paying time for the dev, without specifying a project, because there's actually no legal reason he has to mention what he is working on in details for you to "decide to donate to him" on his own website.
I'm sure a page which doesn't mention the game people want to support will not turn any potential supporters away from pledging.

There is another payment provide ccbill (but there are many others), if patreon was willing to do things right, they'd just stop using paypal, and that'd be the end of it. The fault still lies with Patreon in the end :). Considering how much money paypal must be making off of it, they'd more than likely soften up.
Paypal is easy and familiar to a lot of people. I am far less likely to spend money on a website that doesn't offer it as a payment option because it's hassle free. Not using Paypal would lose Patreon far less money than allowing incest would gain them.

Reactions: Tor7

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
I'm sure a page which doesn't mention the game people want to support will not turn any potential supporters away from pledging.

Paypal is easy and familiar to a lot of people. I am far less likely to spend money on a website that doesn't offer it as a payment option because it's hassle free. Not using Paypal would lose Patreon far less money than allowing incest would gain them.

I'm probably not explaining myself properly there :)
Obviously, people would know what the dev is working on, if the dev is using a personal site, the dev could advertise the game on here for starters. It's just a very basic example.

As for Paypal/Patreon, of course they're not loosing money, since virtually nobody's moving away from it and keeps caving to their ridiculous censorship, instead of moving away ^_^.

Hell, they only need to go onto steam these days if they want to, sisterly lust is on it, so it doesn't look like Paypal's bothering steam much there :)

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
What is this update for again ?
We had 6.5 because he couldn’t put everything in 6.0
Then we had 10 fucking fixes so it could work.
Now we have what 6.6 because he couldn’t fit everything in 6.5 ??? But it’s delayed because Patreon isn’t happy with incest (why didn’t he planned this from the start knowing that EVERY GAME gets blasted).
0.7 won’t come out before Christmas I’m done this is a joke.

melkiy1987

Aug 13, 2018

do you have these screenshots share thank you in advance

• Haha
Reactions: keer

newone

Jul 3, 2017
The game crashes very often. Many random things causes crashing and Every time I open a memory it crashes giving me a screen with options at the bottom. Reload doesn’t do anything but giving me a reloading screen then going back, not fixing anything. The problem is present with or without the cheat mod. Is there a solution for this?

Speedy1505

Jul 1, 2018
The game crashes very often. Many random things causes crashing and Every time I open a memory it crashes giving me a screen with options at the bottom. Reload doesn’t do anything but giving me a reloading screen then going back, not fixing anything. The problem is present with or without the cheat mod. Is there a solution for this?
For crashes and crashes, the only way to help is to upload the LOG file "traceback". Otherwise, no one can guess what the problem is with you.

Reactions: Nemo56

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Make sure you have the latest patch installed, the first release of the latest updated was quite buggy indeed.
As was already stated in the previous post, post your tracelog using the spoiler function.
Only then there is a chance someone can help / fix the problem.

3.10 star(s) 91 Votes