3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

Krugger

Aug 13, 2019
1. This game is complete new plot starting with Eric....
5. The Graphics or images are newly crafted as DS never released those..nor they belong to DS
Please note this fame belongs to alexey...He is trying hard to create or develop this game...

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
I request atleast read first post of the thread....it is completely new plot including Eric....
Dude, it's a legit question. Because at the moment, everything is word for word the same dialogue as the original (barring all family references). Including the inclusion of the annoying, pointless breakfast and diner conversations. So, it's easy to see how someone could ask that question since nothing new and original has been written (other than a step ladder).

As for your condecending reply, I did read the first post. The only mention that it's re-write is at the bottom, hidden under the dev note spoiler. Nothing at first glance even hints at anything other than a re-make of the original.

Also:
I dont know where you get that...."illegal copyright issues " ..
1. This game is complete new plot starting with Eric....DS aka Dark silver kciked out eric in start and closed the topic....so all new concept here..
2. Dark silver abandoned BB long ago...
3. Dark silver already in this forum and he never said anything..means he have no iusses...
4. only similarity Between this GAME and BB is back ground of story...
5. The Graphics or images are newly crafted as DS never released those..nor they belong to DS
1. There's no deviation of the plot yet, so that's not new. As I said before, it's word for word the same thing. That's not a new concept. If I re-wrote a book, and it was the same thing, word for word, except for the ending, it would still be plagiarism and copyright infringement.
2. Still his intellectual property.
3. DS was forced onto this forum because he had a large fanbase here (that he alienated through is attitude), and I doubt he browses here on a daily basis. I'd be very surprised if he knew about this project.
4. WORD FOR WORD THE SAME DIALOGUE. As well as the same models, location, names and events. That's not "background".
5. I draw a mean ass Spider-Man. Still doesn't mean I can publish a comic with Spider-Man. Making fanart is one thing, using the exact same assets of a game to make a new, "original" game, is a completely different beast.

So yeah, DS has ground to claim for copyright issues on intellectual property (never thought I'd use that word in regards to DS) and likeness of the characters.

Krugger

Aug 13, 2019
Dude, it's a legit question. Because at the moment, everything is word for word the same dialogue as the original (barring all family references). Including the inclusion of the annoying, pointless breakfast and diner conversations. So, it's easy to see how someone could ask that question since nothing new and original has been written (other than a step ladder).

As for your condecending reply, I did read the first post. The only mention that it's re-write is at the bottom, hidden under the dev note spoiler. Nothing at first glance even hints at anything other than a re-make of the original.
Well, I just thought it was a little bad that the game was in the same dialogues as the original. I expected an introduction and dialogues of their own, as for the script, I prefer to keep it as the original, after all, the developer can adopt many ideas throughout the game since Darksilver made a point of abandoning his own game instead of completing it after years.

Also:

1. There's no deviation of the plot yet, so that's not new. As I said before, it's word for word the same thing. That's not a new concept. If I re-wrote a book, and it was the same thing, word for word, except for the ending, it would still be plagiarism and copyright infringement.
3. DS was forced onto this forum because he had a large fanbase here (that he alienated through is attitude), and I doubt he browses here on a daily basis. I'd be very surprised if he knew about this project.
4. WORD FOR WORD THE SAME DIALOGUE. As well as the same models, location, names and events. That's not "background".
5. I draw a mean ass Spider-Man. Still doesn't mean I can publish a comic with Spider-Man. Making fanart is one thing, using the exact same assets of a game to make a new, "original" game, is a completely different beast.

So yeah, DS has ground to claim for copyright issues on intellectual property (never thought I'd use that word in regards to DS) and likeness of the characters.
I followed the Aleksey90 project a little bit, he is also or was a BB fan, He did the identical renders of darksilver, dude, it was quite perfect, and then decided to take the darksilver game and try to build and finish it, since the game had been abandoned.
I don't know if darksilver didn't like it or was complaining, but after a while aleksey90 decided to create his own game in Ren'py version since Unity is a little more complicated.
I agree with you at one point, it’s a bit annoying that we copy a person’s project, it’s like copying a colleague’s homework. However darksilver abandoned his game instead of at least completing it. But that doesn't mean that people have to plagiarize their work, maybe you're right but on the other hand it depends, if you take the examples of the weapons, some weapons stopped being manufactured or were abandoned, and other countries ended up taking the model and making changes. It is the same thing that happens a little with this game, or better, with the title of the game. Even if any developer creates the same Big Brother game, identical, people will know whose author created the story and the original game. But you can make your own game, with the same narrative and script but with your own style, you can make changes or give new content, and then people will say, the BB of X developer is better. Anyway, I expected the author to at least change the dialogs a little bit, as you said, there are a lot of boring dialogues from the original game and that needed to be changed for the game to have a new face. In this, I fully agree with you, but about plagiarism, well, if the guy abandoned the project, maybe he must have solved it with the owner and reached an agreement, I honestly would have no problem if I abandoned the project and someone copied it.
There must be about three or two BB clones, they all didn't do very well, so I don't see why people fight. I hope the developer brings a great quality BB, as this work will be for orphan fans who were unable to enjoy the full content of the original game.

Reactions: bigmajo

balara

May 12, 2017

Also:

I agree with your statement till now ..but i will ask you to consider the version 0.3 ....i hope you remember where DS was when BB v.3 was released....
As i said "the background of story n chars are same" ..i think names location relations everything comes in background...correct me if i m wrong....
"Including the inclusion of the annoying, pointless breakfast and diner conversations." yep i hope we all know that to build a story we need to put some make ups...and if they are same wont it will be good that Alexey rather wasting his time on these background routine than spending time on developing new events...
we all know even with DS it took almost one year to reach stage where BB got enough amount of events...
i still remember and laugh ( no offence please ) when DS abandoned BB with Lisa still keeping her untouched...and most of fans with blue balls cried a lot not to abandoned....
With 2000$+ earning per month by DS means game reached to the level where we call it successful n popular game..
Even today you can find BB FAnArt thread with lots of arts sharing ...u can see lots of people tried with different MOds but no one got that quality of renders...
regarding "DS has ground to claim for copyright issues on intellectual property" as I remember DS said " he is fine if someone want to continue in his own way..He is abandoning BB ..."thats is why he FREELY SHARED BBV0.13 PUBLICLY COMPLETELY DECRYPTED GAME....he is now working on GLAMOUR..in which he will be continuing with MAx but i doubt He will introduvce ERIc due to shortage of time because practically it will take more than 3 years..as we all know how much time DS take to implement proper events.
Now if someone Dared to come up with New idea in exploring different path which DS originally never planned...so why few are crying so much..

PS: I always say. to all.this forum "f95zone" belongs to all of us...IT IS OPEN means NO ONE is forced to play every game...
e.g i do not like manga or hetai based games..so i never open those games...and i request same..IF YOU DO NOT LIKE PLEASE IGNORE that game..JUST DO NOT put any negativity...EVEN ANIMALS CLEAN THEIR PLACE BEFORE SITTING...iso please do mind and do not spread negativity AND SPOIL environment...ENJOY AND LET OTHERS ENJOY surfing the forum and threads..

Last edited:
Reactions: lexus

Mayonesa

Apr 2, 2020
So if the original maker of the game (DS) is still doing BB but inside his new game, shouldn't this game here be under the copyright?

I mean, this so called another story, is so far, the same. Same characters, same names, same relationships, same focus, same conversations, same events, etc. Adding a few things doesn't change that this is still the same game as the original. So shouldn't it have issues because of copyright? Some said that it's fair game since the original was abandoned, but since DS is doing this game again, inside of his other game, doesn't that mean that that point is nule? He was the one who had the idea, used the characters, made the story, made the events, and this so called another story, is just using the same that was made but with improved cg? Oh and 1 animated scene.

I'm not saying that DS would or should do something, I'm just curious, since it was his idea and well his game, that you are using to make profit, since right now there's nothing new. If it was you using the same characters in a different way since almost the start, then it shouldn't be a problem, but using even the same texts and events is weird.

Again just curious about the copyright thing, because I can't write a book, calling it Harry Potter: Another story, using the same plot as harry potter but changing a few things and expect profit from it, so shouldn't it be the same with this game?

Krugger

Aug 13, 2019
So if the original maker of the game (DS) is still doing BB but inside his new game, shouldn't this game here be under the copyright?

I mean, this so called another story, is so far, the same. Same characters, same names, same relationships, same focus, same conversations, same events, etc. Adding a few things doesn't change that this is still the same game as the original. So shouldn't it have issues because of copyright? Some said that it's fair game since the original was abandoned, but since DS is doing this game again, inside of his other game, doesn't that mean that that point is nule? He was the one who had the idea, used the characters, made the story, made the events, and this so called another story, is just using the same that was made but with improved cg? Oh and 1 animated scene.

I'm not saying that DS would or should do something, I'm just curious, since it was his idea and well his game, that you are using to make profit, since right now there's nothing new. If it was you using the same characters in a different way since almost the start, then it shouldn't be a problem, but using even the same texts and events is weird.

Again just curious about the copyright thing, because I can't write a book, calling it Harry Potter: Another story, using the same plot as harry potter but changing a few things and expect profit from it, so shouldn't it be the same with this game?
Darksilver is doing "Big Brother" inside of Glamour game, but he’s just doing it because in version 0.6 or 0.7 his audience didn’t like the male protagonist and so he decided to abandon the whole male protagonist project and create "BB" in short version. We all know that the work of his game is Darksilver's, and that in his old game he had abandoned it. Of course, this does not give you the right to copy his work, much less make money on it, but he abandoned the game for 3 years. With this absence of 3 years there were other games that tried to recreate the BB, there are two or three games so now that a developer decides to recreate the game in its version is accused of plagiarism and copying? what about the other BB clones, should darksilver have acclaimed for copyright? People want to play BB, not another game with other characters, with another story, or with another script. I just didn't like it to keep the same dialogues, while the remainder is fine.
Anyway, I'm sure Darksilver isn't even worrying about it and I don't think he even cares that Aleksey90 is recreating his game.
I see no reason for Darksilver to attack Aleksey90 claiming copyright. I also don't see why people attack Darksilver, he is pleased creating Glamour. And honestly, Glamour is a good game, what's bad about the game is that the game is very still and has a lot of grind. But the story and the script are good, the problem is that he is creating two stories in two games in one. So, you have nothing to worry about. The developer of this game is not attacking or insulting the author of his work.

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
How much new content since 0.2? I played the game and I just found a few new things. I would say this is a more polished 0.2 as the story didn't progress but things that were missing were filled out and we got the punishments and Alice's smoking.
It seems it's quite early for this game.

Mayonesa

Apr 2, 2020
Darksilver is doing "Big Brother" inside of Glamour game, but he’s just doing it because in version 0.6 or 0.7 his audience didn’t like the male protagonist and so he decided to abandon the whole male protagonist project and create "BB" in short version. We all know that the work of his game is Darksilver's, and that in his old game he had abandoned it. Of course, this does not give you the right to copy his work, much less make money on it, but he abandoned the game for 3 years. With this absence of 3 years there were other games that tried to recreate the BB, there are two or three games so now that a developer decides to recreate the game in its version is accused of plagiarism and copying? what about the other BB clones, should darksilver have acclaimed for copyright? People want to play BB, not another game with other characters, with another story, or with another script. I just didn't like it to keep the same dialogues, while the remainder is fine.
Anyway, I'm sure Darksilver isn't even worrying about it and I don't think he even cares that Aleksey90 is recreating his game.
I see no reason for Darksilver to attack Aleksey90 claiming copyright. I also don't see why people attack Darksilver, he is pleased creating Glamour. And honestly, Glamour is a good game, what's bad about the game is that the game is very still and has a lot of grind. But the story and the script are good, the problem is that he is creating two stories in two games in one. So, you have nothing to worry about. The developer of this game is not attacking or insulting the author of his work.
Like I said, I was just curious, I didn't say that DS would do something, or was concerned about this game or something as I don't even know him or talk to him. I just said that since he is the original maker of BB and he is doing the game inside of glamour, the point of "he abandoned BB, so it's fair game to make money from it by doing our reworks" is nule now, since you know, he is doing BB.

Right now Aleksey90 is just using the same dialogues, the same events, the same way the characters act, the same names, the same way to unfold the story, etc. That to me is not doing "another story", just because you improved the graphics and change some little things it doesn't make it a new game. A new game would be using the first release with the same story and then changing things, or at the very least changing the dialogues and the events.

If I did a game, I wouldn't want anyone gaining money just because they are re-doing the exact same work I did changing a little bit the graphics, but if DS don't mind this and the others BB clones, that's different then. IMHO Aleksey90 should start doing changes, or bringuing his "another story" in the next 2 chapters tops, just to be on the safe side.

fakk2 yeah, it's ironic if you only see this place as a pirate forum where you come, get the new release of the game and go your way. I see f95 as a place where the authors of the games gain exposure and even supporters, hell even if you can't afford to support the game, many devs are active in their game's pages here, so those that can't support then at least can give feedback. So while yes, this is a pirate forum, in the end it isn't just that.

Reactions: balara

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017

First DS is not making BB in the Glamour game.Because if he admit that Patreon will ban him immediately.
After all that was his excuse to abandon the game.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
First DS is not making BB in the Glamour game.Because if he admit that Patreon will ban him immediately.
After all that was his excuse to abandon the game.
Oh, he is SO remaking BB in Glamour. Here's the changelog for V0.12:
Max as the MC and then wander around the villa to look at Anne, Lisa, Alice, and Kira. Max can spy on them changing or bathing, but he cannot interact with them in any way.
DS didn't get the traction he wanted with his BB fans, so he decided to re-make BB inside Glamour, without the incest and without Eric. But yeah, BB is back in Glamour.

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019
Oh, he is SO remaking BB in Glamour. Here's the changelog for V0.12:

DS didn't get the traction he wanted with his BB fans, so he decided to re-make BB inside Glamour, without the incest and without Eric. But yeah, BB is back in Glamour.
Clearly no incest means no BB. Do you remember this "BIG BROTHER THE INCEST STORY OF YOUR LIFE" In his own words BB was all about incest. DS abandoned BB because he refused to remove incest for PATREON. I think Aleksey may run into the same problem as DS. I hope he will use one of the work arounds like others have in there incest games. By the way I think DS is doing a great job with Glamour. Please take no offence, I read your post and I think you have a good insight about these games. THANK YOU

Last edited:

MoonSae

Jan 2, 2020
Clearly no incest means no BB. Do you remember this "BIG BROTHER THE INCEST STORY OF YOUR LIFE" In his own words BB was all about incest. DS abandoned BB because he refused to remove incest for PATREON. I think Aleksey may run into the same problem as DS. I hope he will use one of the work arounds like others have in there incest games. By the way I think DS is doing a great job with Glamour. Please take no offence, I read your post and I think you have a good insight about these games. THANK YOU
What's mean Incest?Because normally it is relationship between family yes ?But you say in Glamour it isn't here,when actually it is still here anyway.So what do you mean by Incest?

FatDragonite

Feb 13, 2019
I feel like this whole dumb ass conversation is my fault. But can you guys stop talking about this it's been 2 days this shits getting old.

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Previous original BB was forbiddened, not abbandonned..this fraud too will have to make serious changes or it will be forbiddened too ,not as incest as the original, but as illegal copyright of the original..i dont know if this is a group of pirates called, or fools..i like pirates not the others...pirates dont like fraud among each others for sure..this guy fooling asks 20e for making different images over an already existing game, copyrighting , not another story as he says not another work game...i will be very proud and happy so, this post to be deleted too as the many others which are not convienient to the fraud here

I'm not going to delete your post. I will tell you that you're wrong as BB was abandoned because darksilver got bored with it. He shared the last version without DRM for a few reasons, but my understanding was that one was our guys cracked it every time anyway, so why bother with DRM?

If the author of this game is directly re-using art assets from darksilver's game and making money off it, then that's not cool. If this game is just a continuation of BB and using the same models but the author is making their own renders, then we're fine with that.

So could someone very clearly tell me which one it is without insults, all caps, name-calling, or any other drama, please?

alefrago

Jul 8, 2019
I'm not going to delete your post. I will tell you that you're wrong as BB was abandoned because darksilver got bored with it. He shared the last version without DRM for a few reasons, but my understanding was that one was our guys cracked it every time anyway, so why bother with DRM?

If the author of this game is directly re-using art assets from darksilver's game and making money off it, then that's not cool. If this game is just a continuation of BB and using the same models but the author is making their own renders, then we're fine with that.

So could someone very clearly tell me which one it is without insults, all caps, name-calling, or any other drama, please?
ok thank you..i disagree that previous was abandonned i know from sources that is forbiddened..if i do wrong have false information about that its not my mistake(its not my opinion, what i say) but ok..dont worry people i speak with, some days now , including people from official patreon page, lawyer and game developers will take care of all the other

3.10 star(s) 91 Votes