3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
Rightfully so.
The friday evening events in BB will be as close as it gets, Alice still seems to be able to make decisions, even if afterwards she can't remember.
That questionable for me if you watch tMax and Alice exchange on the patio the next day after the first time. I guess the scenario is subject to interpretation but for me she seems well aware of what she does when she's drunk. Even during the bathroom she is fully able to draw the line in the early scenes.

Reactions: Chaosguy

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
That questionable for me if you watch tMax and Alice exchange on the patio the next day after the first time. I guess the scenario is subject to interpretation but for me she seems well aware of what she does when she's drunk. Even during the bathroom she is fully able to draw the line in the early scenes.
I never claimed that the story telling is consistent ^^
The friday night scenes do progress, that's right. But as far as I am aware, nothing else depends on them, they are separated from the rest of the gameplay/story. At least according to the plot Alice does not remember anything afterwards. If she's just faking it, so be it.

DrSpecial

Jan 15, 2019
Mostly. In the beginning I think you will catch Ann and Eric at least once, but that's hardly NTR, since Ann is not Max' girlfriend.
Everything after that can be avoided.
do you mean by sofa or bedroom scene on eric's first stay?

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
I never claimed that the story telling is consistent ^^
The friday night scenes do progress, that's right. But as far as I am aware, nothing else depends on them, they are separated from the rest of the gameplay/story. At least according to the plot Alice does not remember anything afterwards. If she's just faking it, so be it.
Yeah my thoughts are she's faking it which mixes up a bit of the story. But I accept I can be completely misinterpreting the scene.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Bedroom, I think that was necessary to trigger something. If not, all the better.
The sofa scene is not necessary for anything.
The sofa scene is relevant for a couple of scenes, if you interrupt them and call Ann out for doing it on the sofa instead of her room, then he can go to Lisa and tell her that Ann wanted her for something, tricking her onto seeing what was going on.

Reactions: dwalsh

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
Think it also increases Eric's influence, but it's mostly irrelevant to war path players. But I'd say you only get that kitchen scene once so if your playing for all the scenes you'll need to trigger the couch incident. I really went in on Anne for that myself knowing it didn't really matter.

Last edited:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
The sofa scene is relevant for a couple of scenes, if you interrupt them and call Ann out for doing it on the sofa instead of her room, then he can go to Lisa and tell her that Ann wanted her for something, tricking her onto seeing what was going on.
Yes, but it has no effect. It's not necessary to progress in any opportunity. You can decide not to do it and everything will play out exactly the same way. You can still kick Eric out, you can progress with Lisa, there will be no change.
So yes, it can be avoided.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Yes, but it has no effect. It's not necessary to progress in any opportunity. You can decide not to do it and everything will play out exactly the same way. You can still kick Eric out, you can progress with Lisa, there will be no change.
So yes, it can be avoided.
Depends on your perspective I guess. They're on the couch making out at that time on certain nights and they're also in Mom's room doing even more. Presumably they would still be doing that whether you actually saw them or not. So IMO you're not really avoiding it, just sticking your head in the sand. It still happens either way.

If you're not home when someone robs your house, does that mean it didn't get robbed just because you didn't see it? Your stuff is still gone...

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Depends on your perspective I guess. They're on the couch making out at that time on certain nights and they're also in Mom's room doing even more. Presumably they would still be doing that whether you actually saw them or not. So IMO you're not really avoiding it, just sticking your head in the sand. It still happens either way.

If you're not home when someone robs your house, does that mean it didn't get robbed just because you didn't see it? Your stuff is still gone...
The question was not if it could be prevented that that other people have sex, but if NTR was avoidable. Sure, NTR means to lose a loved one (which Ann at this point isn't) to someone else, it means that the protagonist watches them and suffers. People usually ignore that point about the 'loved one'. But all interpretations of the term have in common that the protagonist actually has to catch the other couple. So if he doesn't, it's not ntr.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
The question was not if it could be prevented that that other people have sex, but if NTR was avoidable. Sure, NTR means to lose a loved one (which Ann at this point isn't) to someone else, it means that the protagonist watches them and suffers. People usually ignore that point about the 'loved one'. But all interpretations of the term have in common that the protagonist actually has to catch the other couple. So if he doesn't, it's not ntr.
If that's the case then I can see why there's so much arguing about NTR. That's a pretty meaningless distinction to most people I would think. The only way to avoid "catching them" is to intentionally avoid going there when they're doing it, which means you know it's happening or you wouldn't know to avoid it and you'd be bound to eventually stumble upon the scene at random.

That's like seeing your next door neighbor walk out the door of your house just as you get home from work and see your wife just stepping out of the shower as you walk in. You didn't actually catch them doing anything but you know damned well what happened. You could make sure to come home late every day to make sure he can give her a few extra pumps every day while you're at work without "catching them", but you know damned well what's going on even if you never see it actually happen.

That's the part that matters to most people I would think, but maybe I'm wrong.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
If that's the case then I can see why there's so much arguing about NTR. That's a pretty meaningless distinction to most people I would think.
Well, if someone asks about ntr, I answer about NTR and not about something he didn's ask for.
The definition of the term is given, you can ignore it if you want. But then you are also free to say that shoe laces count as bondage.

I admit, 'catching' was the wrong term, 'seeing' was the right one.

NTR means that the protagonist sees his loved one being taken by someone else.
There are 3 points that define it
1. It must be viaual. The protagonist must see, but many even count the display on screen without the protagonist present as ntr, even if that's not right. ntr has nothing to do with screens, it's a storytelling aspect.
2. The protagonist does not consent, so sharing and swinging don't count
3. The 'lost' person is someone the protagonist has a romantic relationship with. Unless they start such a relationship, the protagonists mom does not count.

But even if we ignore the whole debate about what's ntr and what's not ... from a gameplay perspective, these scenes can be avoided. QED.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allen0206
3.10 star(s) 91 Votes