3.10 star(s) 91 Votes

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
My game has become bugged. I am supposed to be on the fake friendship path. I've gotten rid of Eric but have the Control opportunity unfinished. I can't continue the remaining opportunities because they depend on finishing Control. What can I do other than starting a new game? I used a save editor to advance the control opportunity to stage 15 (the last I can find in the save) and still the "What should we watch?" opportunity says I need to advance in Control. Control says "finished for this version" but it said that before and there were still stages listed in the save which I then "completed" by editing.

Clearly my path has become severely messed up even before I edited the save.

Edit: I pushed the tv with mom opportunity forward with a save editor as well and was able to get the yoga opportunity to continue naturally. It looked like one of my stages for that was missed somehow because it had a zero and a later one had a one. Odd. Based on the descriptions I don't think I missed anything in the tv opportunity and maybe the game continues properly from here. All current opportunities are completed so we'll see when the next version arrives.

Last edited:

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019
My game has become bugged. I am supposed to be on the fake friendship path. I've gotten rid of Eric but have the Control opportunity unfinished. I can't continue the remaining opportunities because they depend on finishing Control. What can I do other than starting a new game? I used a save editor to advance the control opportunity to stage 15 (the last I can find in the save) and still the "What should we watch?" opportunity says I need to advance in Control. Control says "finished for this version" but it said that before and there were still stages listed in the save which I then "completed" by editing.

Clearly my path has become severely messed up even before I edited the save.

Edit: I pushed the tv with mom opportunity forward with a save editor as well and was able to get the yoga opportunity to continue naturally. It looked like one of my stages for that was missed somehow because it had a zero and a later one had a one. Odd. Based on the descriptions I don't think I missed anything in the tv opportunity and maybe the game continues properly from here. All current opportunities are completed so we'll see when the next version arrives.
If you got rid of Eric, you're not on fake friendship.

Reactions: dwalsh

storm1051787

Mar 23, 2019
in this game there is an opportunity to have sex with mom and Eric, threesome?
I havent played the friendship path but from what other people have said no. In the friendship path Eric is basically just stringing max along with promises but never makes an effort to fufill any of them and probably wont.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
If you got rid of Eric, you're not on fake friendship.
Yes, but I was! I was playing from a save provided to me here by one of the people like you who (very helpfully, thank you) answer such requests, after I ended up on the wrong path. My save files from that moment on are all named for the fake friendship path (something I never did, it came from the save I used and I kept it). I was getting content that fit the fake friendship path, such as pretending I was on his side while scheming to take photographs to get rid of him.

The problem came, subsequent to playing from this save, when I successfully got rid of Eric, but Control was not completed and then blocked me from continuing the remaining two opportunities I had in progress because it required Eric.

It's possible I got rid of him too early and should have waited until completing the Control opportunity, but then the game should either not allow getting rid of him before all opportunities requiring him are complete, or allow moving on with other opportunities instead of blocking open oportunities. I'm a software developer. When a program I am writing blocks continued use because a user made a mistake, and doesn't allow a way to recover apart from digging into the database (or in this case, a save file) and manually changing data, that's a bug.

But I've got past it and everything seems good for now.

Last edited:

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
Yes, but I was! I was playing from a save provided to me here by one of the people like you who (very helpfully, thank you) answer such requests, after I ended up on the wrong path. My save files from that moment on are all named for the fake friendship path (something I never did, it came from the save I used and I kept it). I was getting content that fit the fake friendship path, such as pretending I was on his side while scheming to take photographs to get rid of him.

The problem came, subsequent to playing from this save, when I successfully got rid of Eric, but Control was not completed and then blocked me from continuing the remaining two opportunities I had in progress because it required Eric.

It's possible I got rid of him too early and should have waited until completing the Control opportunity, but then the game should either not allow getting rid of him before all opportunities requiring him are complete, or allow moving on with other opportunities instead of blocking open oportunities. I'm a software developer. When a program I am writing blocks continued use because a user made a mistake, and doesn't allow a way to recover apart from digging into the database (or in this case, a save file) and manually changing data, that's a bug.

Its not possible to get rid of Eric on any other path but war. You can't finish the control quest on the war path. Be careful because you might have wrecked your save.

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
Its not possible to get rid of Eric on any other path but war. You can't finish the control quest on the war path. Be careful because you might have wrecked your save.
Check my signature for links to some save points that mayyyyy help. I think it's like save 3 or 4 where the branch starts for all the paths.

maxbishup

Sep 16, 2019

Yeah, I think you're going to have trouble going forward, if you are on the fake path. We're testing the new update now, and Eric should still be in your game, if you are on fake friendship path. On war path (Only path to get rid of Eric at this time) control is blocked and can never be completed.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
dwalsh maxbishup

Thanks for the replies. It seems the game allowed me to get into a state that blocks further progress and should not have been possible. Hoping this gets fixed so others don't end up in the same situation.

Re: the linked saves, I'll check them out. Thanks. Ideally I'd like to be back on the fake friendship path at whatever point my game broke, because there was content in the Control quest I'd have enjoyed seeing. But I don't want to go too far back and have to replay a lot of content. I'd rather pick up with a recent working War path save if no one has a set of Fake Friendship saves I can use to get back on track.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Did you just contradict yourself? If the Control 'quest' is only available on the War Path, then not being able to complete it is a contradiction.

Plus you can still get rid of Eric on the fake friend path as after a while you have the option to change from fake friend to full friend or war, but I guess you don't get the control quest either way.

.Black Panther.

Jun 3, 2020

maxbishup dwalsh Nemo56 TomUK

What happened to you in the game is not a bug, not a lie, not a game manipulation, not anything else.

You are on the path of enmity with Eric (in the past), or hostility (in the present). even if the game shows it wrongly in the current version (because the save file has a problem and is not compatible with the current version)

What has happened is that you have used one of the old saves. First, you have been in one of the two paths of friendship with Eric, so the "control" opportunity has become available for you. Then, in the middle of the game, you changed your path to the path of enmity with Eric (this was possible in the previous versions), so you allowed to managed to get rid of Eric. What will happen in the future is that the "control "opportunity will most likely remain unfinished for you and the rest of the opportunities related to the paths of friendship will also have an unknown fate.
Regarding your general question:
Will you encounter problems with this process in the future? Very likely yes

Reactions: groq and Nemo56

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Let see if I'm getting it: are you saying there's something in the persistent file that is causing the incompatibility, due to the game allowing me to change paths (which presumably it shouldn't have)? And possibly also related to me using a fake friendship save file to switch paths before (which was implied to be safe at the time I did it)?

Well, then, I'll have to muddle through. It's possible that now switching back to a War save will fix things, but since the game is already confused as to which path I'm on I don't know if that will be reliable. I'll try the dev console to see if I can find anything useful in the persistent data.

Thanks for trying to help me understand what's going on :).

.Black Panther.

Jun 3, 2020
Let see if I'm getting it: are you saying there's something in the persistent file that is causing the incompatibility, due to the game allowing me to change paths (which presumably it shouldn't have)? And possibly also related to me using a fake friendship save file to switch paths before (which was implied to be safe at the time I did it)?

Well, then, I'll have to muddle through. It's possible that now switching back to a War save will fix things, but since the game is already confused as to which path I'm on I don't know if that will be reliable. I'll try the dev console to see if I can find anything useful in the persistent data.

Thanks for trying to help me understand what's going on :).
Previously in the game, in some points of the game, you could go from one path to another with your choices, but the opportunities you started before remain. As a result, the save file had elements from each paths. Now this feature no longer exists and after choosing your path in the game by your choices, you can no longer change your path in the game.
This is about your save files, not persistent files. The save file that you used from the beginning probably had elements from two paths of the game. When you progressed in the game, the persistent file also changed over time. You can have a persistent file that contains the elements of all 3 game paths and there will be no problem. But the save file is not like this.
In the meantime, avoid manipulating the game through the console because your changes may cause the save files and game to be damaged to such an extent that we will not be able to help you in the future. If you need a save file or persistent file, click on my signature.

Last edited:
3.10 star(s) 91 Votes