3.00 star(s) 94 Votes

natsu36

Feb 28, 2019
cant find the cheat menu even thoe there is nothing to even cheat in how is there nothing at all this has been remade so many times

Zane11

Oct 31, 2021
Forgive me for asking what has probably been said already, but this starting from scratch thing has taken me completely by surprise and is honestly just sad... Could someone point me to an older post or someplace that explains the reasoning behind starting over..?

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
wish I could have been in the Dev's head when he thought: "mhmm, my progress is a lot slower than I hoped for and fans are bugging me all the time to progress the story to get more lewd scenes. And to really tell "another story" as I promised.
Hey! I have an idea! Let me start all over, so they can wait even longer and make them relive the same old start of the story from DS! Bet they haven't had enought of that from all the mods they played. No new sex scenes for the next decade, and no new story ... but NEW ICONS! they will love it"

I wish I could have crushed that thought before it ever materialized.

firevoodoo

Aug 26, 2017
Forgive me for asking what has probably been said already, but this starting from scratch thing has taken me completely by surprise and is honestly just sad... Could someone point me to an older post or someplace that explains the reasoning behind starting over..?
Both DarkSilver and Aleksey90 are artists and not writers.

Both are perfectionists.

Both seems to be thrilled with the tech side of 3D art and bored with storytelling.

Reboot allows one to focus on creating of more ‘perfect’ art while not bothering with the story.

I predict DS will never finish Glamour and might do yet another reboot as well.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
There was no official statement about that. Maybe on discord, but not here.

It's possible to say a few things about what changed, but not about the reason. For the first half of the past year there was talk about replacing the old renders while continuing the game and then in autumn a complete rework was announced.

I can of course only guess, but I'd say that he wasn't happy with some design decisions (code, managing overlays and so on). Reworking the old renders would have meant to a) stick to the flawed system or b) havig two different systems running at the same time. Both is a pain in the ass, b) even more so. Remaking everything with the new one would make more sense from a programmers point of view. He already has a sh**tload of renders, but he needs to split them into overlays again. The new data structure seems to be a bit more straightforward and better organized and while there are actually more clothing options now, he has one image per option and not sometimes split top and bottom (bra, panties, 2 options for each ) and sometimes one overlay that handles the whole body (towel for example). It's a bit easier to handle with less potential for bugs.

OnlyFunz

Game Changer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
Both DarkSilver and Aleksey90 are artists and not writers.

Both are perfectionists.

Both seems to be thrilled with the tech side of 3D art and bored with storytelling.

Reboot allows one to focus on creating of more ‘perfect’ art while not bothering with the story.

I predict DS will never finish Glamour and might do yet another reboot as well.
https://f95zone.to/threads/glamour-2016-v0-8-fix-5-dark-silver.1782/
Glamour was abandoned by DS before/while he started Big Brother.
Then he "Rebild*" the new Glamour combining with the Big Brother.

Hence, your prediction might come true :illuminati:

3.00 star(s) 94 Votes