3D-Daz Big Brother: Art Assets

rolmac

May 28, 2017
It seems like most of the characters' renders in the game tend to have a certain expression in the eyes that's sort of seductive or sleepy or stoned or I don't know what to call it. Has anyone pinned down the settings for that? Not that I necessarily want to use them in my renders, but more for the sake of completion.
the expression of the eyes of a character is usually a reflection of the personality of a character, the personality of a character is a reflection of the world or the universe in which the character lives or his experience that he has lived. if you take max, that his mother brings customers in his shabby apartment located in a poorly attended area, max would not be a nice little stupid boy, max could be the pimp of his mother and sister but it remains a variant of other. what I mean is that DS for BB has given a basis for it's personal to you to have them evolved as you feel and given them an expression of weak or possessed or worked over expressions with the many adon put on the market
you must know that a human being when he is sad has a tendency to narrowed his eyes and frowns the opposite when he is happy the eyes are wide open and the eyebrows go up on the forehead.
the best thing is to mimic the expressions in an ice, observed, and try to reproduce it, that's what I do. I also typed "facial expression" in google or "face expression mechanics"

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
To use Bonny hair on G8: load character into the scene, deselect, load bonny hair into the scene, select Bonny hair, in the top left of the scene tab (the tab you just selected the hair in), click the arrow with the bars, now go edit->Scene Identification, where it says prefered base click the three periods (...) go down to genesis 8 then female, hit accept and fit the hair to your g8f figure in the scene.

Not had any problems having done this (following sickleyields tutorial).

Kraken33

May 29, 2017
I've been working on my own renders in Daz and I can't seem to find the right scene DS used for the changing scene during shopping. This changing room is the one I'm after. I looked through the Clothing Boutique in the mega folder, but all the changing stalls are too small. Any help would be appreciated.

• Love
Reactions: Mikk88 and aknicai

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
I've been working on my own renders in Daz and I can't seem to find the right scene DS used for the changing scene during shopping. This changing room is the one I'm after. I looked through the Clothing Boutique in the mega folder, but all the changing stalls are too small. Any help would be appreciated.
DS probably made a larger changing room from scratch (plane primitives arranged in a cube shape), used Clothing Boutique's textures for the walls/floor/ceiling, and added the changing room props from Clothing Boutique such as the mirror and hooks.

Kraken33

May 29, 2017
DS probably made a larger changing room from scratch (plane primitives arranged in a cube shape), used Clothing Boutique's textures for the walls/floor/ceiling, and added the changing room props from Clothing Boutique such as the mirror and hooks.
That would make the most sense. I'll see if I can mimic the room he made somehow. Thank you.

DrDougDoesDOS

Game Developer
May 14, 2018

Try this one. We've been using it in aWaM Fan Art for a while.

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
Sort of on topic, does anyone know what hair is being used for Lisa in Glamour?

I've looked at the G8 stuff on the daz shop and not found anything, anyone recognise it?

Happy Bubbles

Dec 6, 2017
I hope I'm posting this in the right location. I'm trying to get the image on the TV in the living room and every time I render it comes out with a grey sheen to the image. How do I make it look right?
example:
screen test #1.jpg

WBWB

Jul 8, 2017
I hope I'm posting this in the right location. I'm trying to get the image on the TV in the living room and every time I render it comes out with a grey sheen to the image. How do I make it look right?
example:
View attachment 325465
Try setting emission color to white and load the image into emission color. Adjust luminance until you get a good brightness.

Happy Bubbles

Dec 6, 2017
Try setting emission color to white and load the image into emission color. Adjust luminance until you get a good brightness.
Thanks WBWB, I'll try that and see!

Edit/Update: took a bit of trial and error but that worked great (I was dumb and only put it in the emission layer at first lol)
Screen Test #03.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WBWB

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Does anyone know what assets the Glamour versions of Lisa and Kate are?

EDIT: Nevermind. Got off my arse and found them myself:

Kate (Glamour ver, Julia's sister):
Ponytail: Cathy Hair and OOT Hair Blending 2.0 by outoftouch
Wet: Drop Wet Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s)

Lisa (new):
Tamara Hair for Genesis 3 Female by 3D universe

So now I'm wondering what would happen if the Kates met

Last edited:

yeetboi111

Jul 1, 2018
Does anyone know what assets the Glamour versions of Lisa and Kate are?

EDIT: Nevermind. Got off my arse and found them myself:

Kate (Glamour ver, Julia's sister):
Ponytail: Cathy Hair and OOT Hair Blending 2.0 by outoftouch
Wet: Drop Wet Hair for Genesis 3 Female(s)

Lisa (new):
Tamara Hair for Genesis 3 Female by 3D universe

So now I'm wondering what would happen if the Kates met
what is the model used for kate

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I haven't found out yet, but then again the two of us seem to be the only ones interested in creating Glamour Fan Art so far. Once I've gone through the relevant threads and have a bit more experience with Daz, it will probably be worth creating a separate Glamour Fan Art and Assets thread

But I'm learning, and playing around with the BB models is fun, thanks to the efforts of the guys here.