Fan Art Big Brother: Fan Art

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
So I've just learned that I actually had Julia's face wrong. The face that I initially went with closely resembles the actual one. Her face and body belong to the same skin her model comes from. . My previous guess was

To be honest, I don't know why I didn't try Karrie first. But I saw the other shape and said: "That's it."
But here is the before & after of Julia's appearance. They look ever so subtle to me side to side. Original on the left. Revamp to the right. (Ignore the difference in skin tone. I accidentally forgot to dial back the saturation before rendering.) I also neglected some slight breast alterations in the revamp but it's whatever.

Glamour_Julia.jpg JuliaRevamp.jpg

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Another lighting test.

BB's environments are a difficult thing to light without having the already white walls look entirely bleached in light, followed up by annoying grain. The issue with most of my scenes in Alice's room is that I'm always trying to light the ceiling. Whether it be with the emissives given or with ghost lights, I always tried the ceiling, but always wondered why I couldn't get even lighting around the face and body, questioning why the body looked dark but the room looked well lit.

Well, I think I answered my question here. It was an easy answer. Made me feel stupid. Just use vertical lighting instead of horizontal lighting. If you are familiar with Alice's room, I placed 2 ghost lights to the glass behind her and used a cool temperature for the blueish light bouncing off her left side. Then I applied 2 more ghost lights to the mirrored cabinets that are out of the frame and applied a warmer temperature to them for the orange color.

EDIT: I also applied a single dim spotlight a little ways behind the camera to have a small light reflected in her eyes. I didn't want it too bright because the ghost lights are already doing the job I needed to be done. The spotlight was for that last detail.

Now her body looks like it matches the rest of the room. I probably don't even need all 4 though. I could use the light from the outside as well or a separate HDRI, but I like the look this gave. I got a little bit better today. Hopefully, this helps anyone who might need some lighting tips as well.

BB Lighting Test.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Most likely the last test for the night. I used the same technique for this render. 2 ghost lights on both windows. 2 more on both mirrored closets and adjusted the light they give off accordingly.

But I have a bone to pick with Lisa's other hairstyle.

Without rambling like I usually do, her original hair gives me too much trouble. When I render my images, the biggest thing I look for is render time. I stopped this image at 19 minutes just over 1100 iterations, but I could've stopped it about 5 minutes earlier. Bonny Hair is the opposite. The same time and iterations and the face is still blurry, likely because of the detail of the hair. I don't know.

The original is just too troublesome from a technical standpoint. I can't be bothered. I'm still gonna run more tests with that hair though. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

BB Lighting Test 5.jpg

MarcCollins89

Game Artist
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2017
Most likely the last test for the night. I used the same technique for this render. 2 ghost lights on both windows. 2 more on both mirrored closets and adjusted the light they give off accordingly.

But I have a bone to pick with Lisa's other hairstyle.

Without rambling like I usually do, her original hair gives me too much trouble. When I render my images, the biggest thing I look for is render time. I stopped this image at 19 minutes just over 1100 iterations, but I could've stopped it about 5 minutes earlier. Bonny Hair is the opposite. The same time and iterations and the face is still blurry, likely because of the detail of the hair. I don't know.

The original is just too troublesome from a technical standpoint. I can't be bothered. I'm still gonna run more tests with that hair though. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

View attachment 413314
Personally I think short hair suits Lisa more than her BB hair style, just makes her look a bit more mature with a sexy look. Her hair in Big Brother just looks too messy for a 18 year old and makes her seem a lot younger. Why not design your own hair style for her?

-DarkHorizon-

Jul 20, 2018
Personally I think short hair suits Lisa more than her BB hair style, just makes her look a bit more mature with a sexy look. Her hair in Big Brother just looks too messy for a 18 year old and makes her seem a lot younger. Why not design your own hair style for her?
I'm of the opposite opinion. I think the short hair gives a bit too mature a look on her. It reduces the cuteness factor on her somewhat, which I believe makes a big part of her appeal. She is the innocent and inexperienced character in BB (which makes her fun to corrupt:devilish:)

But if we were talking about a time after the events of the game, I think that short hair would be fitting with her more experienced character.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
I prefer her BB hair. I like both, but I prefer the other one. "Maturity" isn't the content of her character, which is why I have an ever so slight issue with her short hair. Lisa can be defined as naive, curious, bubbly and talkative and for some reason, that hair fit her definition perfectly. Lisa is a good enough character, so the hair change doesn't make all that big a difference, but it certainly helped keep her character together.

As for why I haven't given her my own hairstyle, well, simply cause I haven't found one I feel comfortable with as yet. Lisa is a pretty distinct character. Once you see her one way it's hard to view her any other way. Every other hairstyle outside of the 2 she's known for right now just look out of place to me.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
And of course one test for Ann as well. Did it last night with the rest but waited til now. Same ghost light method applies here. I applied a different shader to her hair sometime ago. I was having similar issues with this hair like I was with Lisa's longer hair, but I think that was due to poor lighting because I didn't come across any problems here. I stopped this render at 10 minutes, 967 iterations. Looking at it now, I probably could've let it sit for a few more minutes cause some parts of the hair, like the back don't seem to be fully rendered, but it's not a distracting me from the rest of the image.

BB Lighting Test 7.jpg

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes