Fan Art Big Brother: Fan Art

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

lukin13

Apr 13, 2019
Alice got some new artwork for her room... a giant metal casting of her own body :)
alice_art.jpg

Started out as an experiment for an idea I had to make statues. Exported the model into blender, removed some polygons and all the different textures, put it back into Daz and applied the new texture.

I'm not very good with blender yet so I cheated the shape at the top round her neck with photoshop. I could only delete the existing polygons which left a weird shape where her neck met her shoulders so just smoothed it all out.

MalchorX

Jul 2, 2017
Alice got some new artwork for her room... a giant metal casting of her own body :)
View attachment 2176868

Started out as an experiment for an idea I had to make statues. Exported the model into blender, removed some polygons and all the different textures, put it back into Daz and applied the new texture.

I'm not very good with blender yet so I cheated the shape at the top round her neck with photoshop. I could only delete the existing polygons which left a weird shape where her neck met her shoulders so just smoothed it all out.
You dont really to do it with Blender. U can use DAZ for it. Just go in the Surfaces Tab and then Surface. Go with the Opacity to Zero and let just the Torso by normal.
Unfortunately, you can still see a piece of the head, but you can delete that in the Geometry Tool.

Reactions: lukin13

lukin13

Apr 13, 2019
Yeah the reason I tried it with Blender is because I was using the geometry editor in Daz but it kept crashing for some reason so I figured exporting it to blender and trying it there would be worth a go. I'm going to try making some custom props in blender as I learn it so it was a good excuse to try it out

MalchorX

Jul 2, 2017
Yeah the reason I tried it with Blender is because I was using the geometry editor in Daz but it kept crashing for some reason so I figured exporting it to blender and trying it there would be worth a go. I'm going to try making some custom props in blender as I learn it so it was a good excuse to try it out
Yeah, DAZ and his Geometry Editor. I try to build a Room yesterday and it crashed 2 times as you say. It happens very often :(

And i know now what you mean with these Neck Problems. Its Time to learn some blender Basics :D

Gold_Alice.png

KingBel

Nov 12, 2017
Parmy Baddhan has quite a good tutorial on achieving this sort of thing using geoshells in DAZ..

but yes.. you would probably still encounter the same issue as above. :)

lukin13

Apr 13, 2019
Yeah, DAZ and his Geometry Editor. I try to build a Room yesterday and it crashed 2 times as you say. It happens very often :(

And i know now what you mean with these Neck Problems. Its Time to learn some blender Basics :D

View attachment 2177110

haha yeah, exactly the same shape in Blender because I was just working with the existing geometry. I need to find out how to either put a perfectly circular edge loop into the neck, or maybe just put a plane straight through the neck and then use that to divide the geometry. I'm sure it's very easy, I just don't know what I'm doing. I've done about 2 blender tutorials but it was a while ago, and i've been using Daz so much I've already forgotten most of the blender hotkeys for doing even the simplest tasks

Reactions: MalchorX

lukin13

Apr 13, 2019
this was my original idea for a statue.
alice_statue.png

having a few texture issues though, you can see it on her left thigh and the top of her right arm. Need to look into it and find out why it's tiling the image texture incorrectly in certain places. There's only 1 surface so I thought it would apply smoothly over everything. I think it's somehow still retained some data from where the original geometry for each body part joined.

MalchorX

Jul 2, 2017
this was my original idea for a statue.
View attachment 2177279

having a few texture issues though, you can see it on her left thigh and the top of her right arm. Need to look into it and find out why it's tiling the image texture incorrectly in certain places. There's only 1 surface so I thought it would apply smoothly over everything. I think it's somehow still retained some data from where the original geometry for each body part joined.
Did u try to increase the Geoshell Mesh offset by idk 0.1 or less. Maybe its help :)

lukin13

Apr 13, 2019
Did u try to increase the Geoshell Mesh offset by idk 0.1 or less. Maybe its help :)
It's a UV issue, it's still got the same UV maps as the original Daz model, so it's using a different part of the marble texture for the arm which is what's creating that hard seam between them. And I don't know enough about all that stuff to fix it!

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
It's a UV issue, it's still got the same UV maps as the original Daz model, so it's using a different part of the marble texture for the arm which is what's creating that hard seam between them. And I don't know enough about all that stuff to fix it!
I don't think it is something that can be done easily, I think you might be better off exporting that marble obj to Blender again and doing some texture painting to blend things in, instead of trying to unwrap it in a way that it looks acceptable

lukin13

Apr 13, 2019
Yeah I think texture painting is the only way it can be done, otherwise you need to hide the seams somewhere less visible on the model. I'll just photoshop the seams out of the final renders instead!

lukin13

Apr 13, 2019
And the models have to be exported as OBJs first to convert the hair into polygons, making whatever pose they're in permanent, so the texture painting would have to be done again every time

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
And the models have to be exported as OBJs first to convert the hair into polygons, making whatever pose they're in permanent, so the texture painting would have to be done again every time
I don't think so, you created new textures once on a standard pose exported OBJ, then apply those textures the figure in Daz (can save as material preset), pose as needed, and do the rest of your stuff, there certainly is no need to do that over and over again, you basically make a marble skin texture, you can even apply that to any other Daz figure that uses the same UVs

it will of course not be 100% natural look of the marble, since the marble veins won't follow the block the figure was carved out of if it was done IRL

lukin13

Apr 13, 2019
actually yeah that would work I think, I might try it when I understand a bit more about UVs and texture painting. Until then Photoshop is an easy fix with the spot healing brush and clone stamp, just tidied it up. Noticed seams on both arms and legs, and just below her chin
alice_statue.png

AlexStone

Aug 29, 2020
So, inspired by lukin13, i create my own Room for Alice. I use her own Room and delete everything in it and replace it with new Stuff. Its not so good as your Room but i kinda like it :) The Room need more Deko, Pictures, Poster etc but its a good start i think. Now she can do her new Job as a erotic streamer full time :D

View attachment 2179355
Given the presence of a sofa in the room, it begs to say:

Mad Max: the journey from the uncomfortable couch to Alice's double bed!

lukin13

Apr 13, 2019
Some more erotic art for her walls, this time a huge cast-iron pussy ;)

pussy_art2.jpg
pussy_art1.jpg

Made with NGV8, imported into blender, removed all the other geometry and just about managed to extrude a new shape at the back to make it look like it could be mounted to a wall. Could also be used at much smaller sizes. Maybe a nice desk ornament or keyring :)

lukin13

Apr 13, 2019
Thinking about desk ornaments gave me an idea, this time using my original Alice model again. This will definitely be going on her desk when I do that part of the room.

Introducing... the Ass Lamp. Handmade from premium cast iron and copper.

buttlamp1.jpg buttlamp2.jpg buttlamp3.jpg

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes