Fan Art Big Brother: Fan Art

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Daz studio does the same as AI. You give it characters, objects and it draws/renders you a picture. No skills needed
Sounds like you've never actually used it. While rendering itself is a mathematical process, finding assets, setting up a scene, lighting and the camera requires plenty of different kinds of skills, several of which are considered as forms of art. If you have none, the results can be from bad to horrible. The evidence to that can be found around F95 here and there.
And that goes just for the static scenes.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2018
yeah, I agree. finding assets is skill :)
Posing/expression in DAZ is a skill (Making sure assets don't clip is hell on earth, especially if there are multiple characters interacting). A skill, that those packs try to trick you into thinking is easy until you actually do it. Why do you think there are 295 expression packs all trying to do the same expression? I doubt you'd actually know that, since I very much doubt you've ever tried DAZ and had to use one. If you had any type of performance, photography, film, or even painting or drawing experience you'd know how much of a skill lighting/shading is. I'm reading a very pretentious form of snobbery that usually (but not always) denotes mediocrity in a subject, or an ignorance born of over familiarity without context. I'd say do us all the favor of turning off your PC, and going away, but the ignore button is right there.

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
Pretty much the same with movie directors. They just need to find the actors and the camera shoots the scene. Zero skills needed. :FacePalm:
but it really is a trend with tv/movie entertainment lately, one botched up flop after another, I get the sense "they" heavily rely on something like chatgpt to write scripts for them, they just give guidance lines (sjw, blm, rainbow etc) and it comes up with a mush that they then give to cheap first time screenwriters to "fix" and then pass on to actors to perform, hence why a lot of those shows seem very similar and dialog has zero heart in it

"they" used some sort of algorithm to make modern music "hits" for a while now, I heard talk about it maybe 8-10 years ago, and now all this modern electronic stuff made for radio (read - cheap) sounds basically the same

• Haha
Reactions: Penfold Mole

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
Daz studio does the same as AI. You give it characters, objects and it draws/renders you a picture. No skills needed
yeah, I agree. finding assets is skill :)
No Offense intended. Only to open your Third eYe ! and spread some knowledge. :illuminati:

To say it in one line:
DAZ is a Blank Board, only a person can make DAZ Special or break DAZ into worse.

This is going to be a little longer, grow with me.

Finding the right set of DAZ assets could be considered a skill to begin with, however making those assets come alive and closer to realism is with creativity, skill, hard-work and patience.

Lots of people think:
Let's throw in a HDRI Environment from the asset, place a house, load up a character from DAZ, assign an expression for the model and bam! you think that you have created a masterpiece!

And those people also think the same with AI:
Show the AI a sample and put in gibberish imagination and the AI edits the sample, or creates one to match the gibberish.

AI can only complement your creativity and improvise based on your input/selective imagination.

In DAZ - You cannot throw in clothes or objects and wait for DAZ do its magic or position the camera for you.
The details are the only thing that matters in any art.
You don't put the shoes on your hand and call your hand a leg! I guess AI might call it so!

To create a single scene, people spend hours to perfect - sometime days!

Every DAZ Character has "Surfaces" which falls under the skin.
Unless you are knowledgeable about various layers of shading, I'm not talking about a mere Makeup add-on, with mascara or blush or lipstick. You'll still be rendering a lifeless character.

SURFACES! There is a Diffuse Surface, Gloss, Translucency, Base Bump, Normal Map, Transmission color and many more..

You have no idea! The above part is just about the texture. If i have to talk about the object mesh, joints and layer feature, you are going to need that third eye on GEOMETRY! You are going to get crazy when you dig into that.
And no, it's not about the Morph assets that I'm talking about.

Oh wait! this is all for just 1 Character, imagine when there are other objects, characters and more!
You will start wishing for a Fourth eYe.. :KEK:

In the below DAZ render:
DAZ or even AI cannot create a specific drama in the scene
- to portray intentions of the model/character
- position the shoe away
- nor the cloth on the floor
- or the gravity of the Anklet Gem.
Better yet, the intensity of the wall light - She is closer to.

https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/post-9777454
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now, In the next DAZ render:
DAZ considers a body part as full, meaning a leg texture runs from the upper thigh until the feet below.
Unless you know how the surfaces work, one cannot apply droplets up until the lower leg, nor get the water drip down on skin until her foot. :WeSmart:

https://f95zone.to/threads/daz3d-art-show-us-your-dazskill.4764/post-9787647
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And finally, what is Lisa hoping for.. I;ll leave that to your imagination :KappaPride:

And No, you guessed it wrong, She is on her way off to a boarding school :WutFace: ..Let's call it Big Warden - Same Story!

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
Penfold Mole here's an example on how art looks like, if you sometimes turn off your pc and go outside

no daz, no pc, not even needing a brush, just artist and a will to create :)

Cringe example even for art lovers!
Are we in Zombie land? Lazy people who fail to keep the environment clean. Totally Grime.

A street artist going around to waste time on a Dirty Car art; only to get washed away in the rain! Perfect :HideThePain:
"Not even needing a brush"? Unless it is his overgrown zombie finger! Last of US..

Dirty-Car-Girl.jpg

Reactions: monach779

SamK979

Jun 27, 2022

Cringe example even for art lovers!
Are we in Zombie land? Lazy people who fail to keep the environment clean. Totally Grime.

A street artist going around to waste time on a Dirty Car art; only to get washed away in the rain! Perfect :HideThePain:
"Not even needing a brush"? Unless it is his overgrown zombie finger! Last of US..

View attachment 2340649
if you take brush from his hands, even if you cut his arms off, he would still be artist. if you take daz from daz user he becomes nothing

Last edited:

OnlyFunz

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2017
if you take brush from his hands, even if you cut his arms off, he would still be artist. if you take daz from daz user he becomes nothing
When the only tool you're holding is a "Hammer", then every problem associated with it tends to resemble a "Nail".
DAZ is a free tool like a Hand or a Leg. It is upto you to do what you can with it. Some Swim, some Run, some rob a bank!

If you are putting it this way.. "take daz from daz user", I think you're confusing "Talent" over "Possession".
(There are loads of Tools / Rendering software - let alone DAZ. Similar to a Brush / Hand as a tool)

Let me answer you the way you understand. "take the paper from Artist, where will he draw to show himself as an artist"
On the Dirty Car glass? So, you agree he still needs a platform to show that he is an artist..

I would like to remind you again! the main part here on both people (real Artist and Daz user since you mentioned)..
Brain for creativity. Talent to take it forward and showcase it. Attitude when you are persistent in trying / learning more.

Sorry, I don't have video to show you that. You have to understand it by yourself.

My Question is: Do you've a Tattoo on your face to say - you're really a Human? Otherwise they'll put you in another category?
My Answer is: You don't need to have a Tattoo.
Your Answer is: (similar to that video you attached in your post)

Another Example:
It is like saying "take the Shoes from a person" and expect person to stay at home? cause he can't walk?.
Nope, He will go barefoot and explore. So, it is the same with a Daz user, we;ll jump into Blender! and many more.. and still torture this forum with our creativity and our Passion :BootyTime:

I would say, kindly encourage people who try something as a hobby, than someone who just blinks at the screen.

Also, if you still don't get it. Based on your logic on taking Daz from user:
"Take the laptop or mobile from user, he becomes nothing in this world" :WeSmart:

While we real humans can still scream and communicate to others without it.
Throw all gadgets and lets be primitive, draw on rocks. The Flintstones? He still says Yabba-Dabba-Doo!!

So, lets Doo something, Shall we?

Cheers~

Lewd Fiction Games

Game Developer
Sep 24, 2022
To get away from the whole "The AI took 'er jeeerbs!" topic, here is a little update on the game I started here: https://f95zone.to/threads/big-brother-fan-art.3950/post-9069601

The initial intent was to release the first version at the end of 2022, but I decided to change all the models, some of the locations and add more content rather than just the "sandbox", so right now I'm standing on ~250-300 images and ~20 animations and I still have more stuff to do. I know that at some point I'll have to decide that this is good enough for v0.1, but I want to build the whole UI (opportunities screen, etc. as well as some extensions to the sandbox framework that I borrowed from a fellow developer here :) ), plus add enough content to give the players an idea what the final version will look like.

What I can say for sure is that it will be less grindy than the original, since I've always found the start of the original BB to be too "boring" on the money issue and once you have the cameras the money became irrelevant. Also having to repeat 5 times the same event to progress is ridiculous. Anyway, we won't have that in my game. Another thing I'd like to have is the interaction between different events in the game but this one I still need to figure out how it will work. That led to the decision about the characters to not look like the ones in the original game - even though the game will be loosely based on what we have in BB, it is not a sci-fi "remake" or even "extension" of it so it makes sense the characters to be different (plus I didn't really like half of them anyway).

Anyway, here is a render with the final version of the characters:
menu screen.png

Falcon6

Mar 15, 2018
I think somebody forgot to take their meds today.

Or maybe this whole exchange is occurring with a new product called "Argumentative Artist AI Beta v1.0"

;)

EDIT: Cross-posted with BBIS. Not directed at him/her. Referenced at the discussion about "What makes an artist and artist" fiasco.

Reactions: Lewd Fiction Games
4.50 star(s) 8 Votes