4.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Ok. I'm still a newb with DAZ..But where do I find the "Diffuse texture" of a character? Like what's the file usually named or look like?
Textures are mostly commonly JPG's, although they can be PNG's as well. Mostly commonly, they're buried in the "data" or "Runtime" folders in your DAZ content area.

You'll want to look on the "Surfaces" pane. Each surface can have its own texture, so you first have to select an object (1) then select a surface (2). Then look for "Base Color." (3)

shot1.png

A surface can have a fixed base color (specified by the three numbers) or it can have a texture applied, in which case you select it with the pull-down arrow just to the left of the numbers. (If you do both, the color "tints" the texture.)

If there's an existing texture attached, you can hover over the pulldown (which will actually look like a tiny version of the image) and it will show you a slightly larger version and also show you the path to it.
shot2.png
You can change the texture by clicking there and then either selecting something from the list presented, or selecting "browse" to go looking for a file.

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
Here is another test image. This time it's an attempt at a more realistic looking Alice. It's still a work in progress and I had to edit all the materials from scratch, so it's entirely custom. It's a Gen 8 texture and character. I recommend checking out the larger version in the rar file so you can see the detail:

Alice Gen 8.jpg

Butterchops

May 2, 2017
just looked at the new pictures from BB... and I can say without a doubt in my mind you guys are better than him at his own game.. I'm looking at the pics like Fan Art page is waaay better than this lol salute you awesome guys once again

celtic1138

Game Developer
Apr 22, 2017
Another run at the more realistic Alice skin. Pretty much same pose. The lighting is changed a bit and the skin material is updated. The eye make-up is more like the game and the face is slightly different. Also did some work to get the color of the torso to match better. Here is the render with a couple of close ups, and the rar is there for anyone wants to look at the full sized version.

Alice Gen 8 Mumber 2.jpg Face.png Untitled-2.png

4.50 star(s) 8 Votes