Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
It's not just you. It has been mentioned that DS has trouble with 'Romance and Incest'.
Actually I think DS has trouble with family dynamics in general, as the one in this game for the most part acts like a group of strangers lumped together with some chores assigned for good measure. Where's the actual care for family members' well-being ? Instead we have some superficial pretense in 'helping out', which is only propelled by the desire to get in their pants. And of course the mother's "prudishness", which is enforced just about never.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 42

We'll probably not gonna get an Ann sex scene even on the 1.0, because basically DS knows everyone wants this scene so he's gonna milk the shit out of it, simple. Same thing happening with Icstor's Milf Villa

Reactions: rulzlol and groq

fg7dragon

Apr 22, 2017
You might want to add a few more images that were posted in the past few days.

h3avenw0rd

Jun 7, 2017
Actually I think DS has trouble with family dynamics in general, as the one in this game for the most part acts like a group of strangers lumped together with some chores assigned for good measure. Where's the actual care for family members' well-being ? Instead we have some superficial pretense in 'helping out', which is only propelled by the desire to get in their pants. And of course the mother's "prudishness", which is enforced just about never.
Not all families are that close however, and there really are as many family dynamics as there are families.

Ann's prudishness(when it comes to Max) has been the block to her progression for ages, not sure where the "never enforced" is supposed to apply. She is open to sexual content since the Eric days, just not with her son.

Consistency is the bigger issue than whether or not it fits with any common family dynamics, but it requires a constant update to content to reflect the changing relationship which could take away from developing "new" content.

This "family" behaves in a much more believable sense than a lot of other games, which is both good and not so good when it comes to updates.

Reactions: KaiserST and Herapa

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
the "breakfast talks" do feel like family but they stop early and it´s a shame. I always said, it would be nice if some sister drops hints at the things going on in the house or Ann mentioning the noises in the house lately and how secretive everyone behaves or Ann asking Alice about her college progress or if Max´help with Lisas homework had improved her grades or not. Or Max saying how much he loves his family and everything goes silent before responding with: "Yeah, right Max."

Last edited:

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
Not all families are that close however, and there really are as many family dynamics as there are families.

Ann's prudishness(when it comes to Max) has been the block to her progression for ages, not sure where the "never enforced" is supposed to apply. She is open to sexual content since the Eric days, just not with her son.

Consistency is the bigger issue than whether or not it fits with any common family dynamics, but it requires a constant update to content to reflect the changing relationship which could take away from developing "new" content.

This "family" behaves in a much more believable sense than a lot of other games, which is both good and not so good when it comes to updates.
While family dynamics like that can exist, the only way they'd lead to incest in the real world is if the mother was the instigator of it all. Otherwise everyone would just go their own way. Also I was referring to Ann's general prudishness which goes out the window when she starts spanking everyone naked and completely disregards what her daughters are up to, when it should be blatantly obvious what Alice is doing every Friday night for example.

the "breakfast talks" do feel like family but they stop early and it´s a shame. I always said, it would be nice if some sister drops hints at the things going on in the house or Ann mentioning the noises in the house lately and how secretive everyone behaves or Ann asking Alice about her college progress or if Max´help with Lisas homework had improved her gradesor not. Or Max saying how much he loves his family and everything goes silent before responding with: "Yeah, right Max."
The "breakfast talks" are more akin to what would happen in american TV, where all the exposition is laid out to the viewer in one neat scene. This doesn't really happen IRL when people are focused on eating, and they tend to talk about anything but serious conversation topics like that.

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
While family dynamics like that can exist, the only way they'd lead to incest in the real world is if the mother was the instigator of it all. Otherwise everyone would just go their own way. Also I was referring to Ann's general prudishness which goes out the window when she starts spanking everyone naked and completely disregards what her daughters are up to, when it should be blatantly obvious what Alice is doing every Friday night for example.

The "breakfast talks" are more akin to what would happen in american TV, where all the exposition is laid out to the viewer in one neat scene. This doesn't really happen IRL when people are focused on eating, and they tend to talk about anything but serious conversation topics like that.
good thing this game doesn´t take place IRL then

greenymph

Oct 2, 2016
the "breakfast talks" do feel like family but they stop early and it´s a shame. I always said, it would be nice if some sister drops hints at the things going on in the house or Ann mentioning the noises in the house lately and how secretive everyone behaves or Ann asking Alice about her college progress or if Max´help with Lisas homework had improved her gradesor not. Or Max saying how much he loves his family and everything goes silent before responding with: "Yeah, right Max."
I really like this idea, and wish @DarkSilver would take note of it. It wouldn't take much to implement, doesn't require rendering and it would add depth to the characters. And some humor :)

Reactions: djax and KaiserST

Baka plays

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2017
That doesn't mean it should be given slack for poor scriptwriting.
as a selfpublisher i tell you: dialogue isn´t written like people really talk IRL. Readers would go nuts over it. You need to put Information in ever sentence to either, further the plot, show what characters are thinking etcetc. But people don´t do that, they assume, suggest, stutter, repeat ... it´s a horror to read real-people-talk.

But i second your message about slacking scriptwriting. DS needs more "bonding" between a lot of scenes. Some are good, like the talks with Kira and mom, but others are "stumbly"

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
His problem is he doesn't see the plausibility of consensual incest. It's a common notion with some people that all incest is non-consensual because the few cases you usually hear about are just that. Such as a Father abusing a Daughter or typically any Older Male family member taking advantage of a younger (and that includes males and females being the victim). But there is a lot of consensual incest out there it's just you never hear about it because it is kept secret, there is no victim to complain or expose it. More common with experimenting and exploring siblings than with parents though.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Dasati

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
as a selfpublisher i tell you: dialogue isn´t written like people really talk IRL. Readers would go nuts over it. You need to put Information in ever sentence to either, further the plot, show what characters are thinking etcetc. But people don´t do that, they assume, suggest, stutter, repeat ... it´s a horror to read real-people-talk
We're not discussing dialogue, but a concept. Please don't twist what I'm saying. Having morning expositional breakfast does nothing to further the idea that this is an actual family, rather than a bunch pretending to care for each other. In fact the scene where Ann is cooking with no clothes other than an apron is much more realistic in terms of closeness, inappropriate attire aside.

Blades1138

Jul 29, 2017
His problem is he doesn't see the plausibility of consensual incest.
I think this is the result of skewed views on family dynamics. He apparently has a singular idea on what they can be like and that's that. This results in his inability to understand how incest can arise from normal relationships without someone being coerced into it.

fullreview

Aug 3, 2017
as a selfpublisher i tell you: dialogue isn´t written like people really talk IRL. Readers would go nuts over it. You need to put Information in ever sentence to either, further the plot, show what characters are thinking etcetc. But people don´t do that, they assume, suggest, stutter, repeat ... it´s a horror to read real-people-talk.

But i second your message about slacking scriptwriting. DS needs more "bonding" between a lot of scenes. Some are good, like the talks with Kira and mom, but others are "stumbly"
Best example would be Shopping with girlsx'Dx'Dx'D.

3.40 star(s) 107 Votes