Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Sure many games run to that to get to the sex quickly.
But the Incest Genre is a lot more than just that! And the folks who are actually into the genre are in it more than just the idea of fucking a family member.
I mean I'm kind of repeating myself here, but again, I'm fairly sure that Icstor is actually into incest as well as getting it. To forestall any further confusion, the point I'm making is that there is no requirement for a 'real' or 'proper' incest game beyond 'does it involve sexual activity between family members'. Everything else is preference, and I'm just establishing that preferences other than yours exist.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
This is going to be long so apologies and if the Mods want to spoiler it let me know I will be happy to do so.

Well he didn't actually say he doesn't like it, More like he doesn't GET it, but from that you can extrapolate that the genre doesn't turn him on at all. His thoughts about the subject seem to be it's a sick perversion that can only happen as a product of abuse or mental illness. Which is kind of counterproductive to producing a game meant to titillate those who ARE into the Genre and GET IT! Unless of course they are turned on by the abuse aspect of it. And if that is the case it really doesn't matter to them if it is a family member or not because it is the ABUSE they like and it could be abusing anyone to get the same kick!

This is probably the best description of what happened I have seen yet! My guess is he thought outsiders would be the door openers to Max having incestuous relations. Perhaps eventually a Threesome with Eric and Mom, We GOT the Threesome with Alice and Kate, And even the Threesome with Kira and Lisa. To get over the hurdle of Kira and Ann sleeping together he created the Movie excuse to replace what he lost with Eric's demise.

And no one should fault him for his opinion, beliefs or lack of understanding regarding the Genre...But we do fault him for choosing a topic he doesn't get or understand simply because it meant the most money generating marketing sense.

Sure many games run to that to get to the sex quickly.
But the Incest Genre is a lot more than just that! And the folks who are actually into the genre are in it more than just the idea of fucking a family member. It is the road GETTING THERE that is as hot and titillating as the actual sex itself. This game has none of that!
What has happened with this game is similar to saying you are creating a Romance novel but the romance consists of blackmailing the people you desire until they are convinced they actually like doing what they would never have done before you blackmailed them.
Honestly this game would have been so much better if the rest of the family were the perpetrators, blackmailing and tricking Max into sleeping with them! At least then you as the MC wouldn't feel so awful about your actions to the point you feel like you need to take a shower to wash the assholiness off of you.

THIS!
Those who enjoy the Incest Genre like the intrigue, the pursuit, the gamesmanship, and the idea and delicate dance of seducing someone who should be immune to that seduction because of the taboo nature of the relation.
A seduction so good they can't resist themselves even when they know it is wrong to give into it!

What makes the genre exciting and what people into it are most moved by how hot and exciting the idea of being able to get a sexual Partner that is seemingly impossible to get and get them to fuck you WILLINGLY!

There is nothing wrong with having a single character be seduced by Blackmail and coercion, But not EVERY Character as is the case here. The good games who get the genre usually try and incorporate all the various tricks and tropes that go cross genre to get to the conquest. Experimental siblings, Concerned parent who realizes their kid is becoming sexually aware and focusing on them, and yes even some of the ideas about incest DS does have such as Lonely relative who is just so desperate and sexually frustrated that they turn to a family member to give them what they need. If just one character in the game was not gotten by blackmail this game story might not be so bad. Kira is the perfect character to get to the Incest sex early which is the one thing he got right here.
If he had waited on Eric until Kira got you some sex with Mom then the Eric thing COULD have actually been an NTR angle to add some flavor to this game. Make him a little less Omnipotent and eventually have his relationship with Mom end because she likes having sex with you more than him would have been a much better track to take!

In the end...If you are going to write and create an Incest game you had better know and understand the subject you are writing about. Yes Incest is defined as Sex with Family but a SEX GAME should not be only about the TECHNICAL definition. It should be about what the Genre itself is about and that is HAPPY incest not the abusive kind that DS and some of the Ericas think all Incest is the product of.

The story needs to be about things that turn on those who are into the Genre not just what people outside that group think incest is about. Afterall making an incest genre game is targeted at those who LIKE the genre.

And it is clear that DS doesn't LIKE it the way we folks who do like the genre do. He is writing what he knows but the problem is he doesn't KNOW what the people into the genre like about it. It simply doesn't compute with him.

This is why they tell Authors to Write what you know...
DS doesn't know the Incest Genre but he does seem to understand and find inspiration from the BDSM genre...
Which means he should focus his efforts on making a game in that Genre and finish off this failed incest game and move on. Lesson learned on his part and possibly he will read up on the Genre via reading the many stories that are out there that do not include any BAD behavior to make the sex happen and he can try again later on once he learns about the topic he chose to make a game about.
I expect next project to cover his fetishes-BDSM and way more voyeurism and exhibitionism than BB.
BTW here some fun sex stories.MC have big dick and incredible stamina
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Burai and Asphyx

Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
I mean I'm kind of repeating myself here, but again, I'm fairly sure that Icstor is actually into incest as well as getting it. To forestall any further confusion, the point I'm making is that there is no requirement for a 'real' or 'proper' incest game beyond 'does it involve sexual activity between family members'. Everything else is preference, and I'm just establishing that preferences other than yours exist.

Well I mean I am attracted to the romance aspect of it, not the darker side of it. Raping your daughter is technically incest as well, but its very different from daughter teasing and seducing daddy over time for example. So the genre does technically contain everything from drugging and molesting your sleeping sister to being a hardworking provider and falling for your sister over time.

A good choice based game will have the option to go darkside or lightside. This game does not have those options, its pathetic beta male behavior option 1, or pathetic beta male behavior option 2 with a soulcrushing grind between CG oasis's.

Reactions: Asphyx

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
I suppose that also means since Romance is the pursuit of love between two individuals so therefore writing a story where one of the individuals is a Goat makes for a perfectly good Romance novel right?
Or is it a beastiality story instead?
I didn't really like the game he made either....
Want to see a great Incest game see Man of the House!
Has it ALL!
Romance, Blackmail, BDSM and even playful sex for the sake of sex....
It encompasses ALL of the tropes of how you get to the incest!
This game just uses blackmail as the only method for getting to the incest!

So it's like that book. It's really beastiality but because they are a couple you call it romance.
This game is a BDSM game but because it is a family member he calls it incest!

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
This is Moms Room, there are this mirror-closets
It just seems the closet (and room) are to small to be Ann/Mom's. Yes there are no posters/pictures on the wall, but that could be the camera angle. I don't know, you may be right about the room.

On a side note. YAY DS seems to have decided to stop hiding the pussy's. Noticed in the last couple updates that the camera angles have changed a bit, and the carefully placed hands have moved. For me this is an appreciated change.

Just some thoughts. :)

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
I suppose that also means since Romance is the pursuit of love between two individuals so therefore writing a story where one of the individuals is a Goat makes for a perfectly good Romance novel right?
Unironically, yes, that's exactly what that means. You should see some of the stuff that's out there. Goats aren't the half of it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

^ Haven't read it and don't intend to, not my bag, but if it's what it looks like then yep, that's a romance novel.

Reactions: komgsd

Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
THIS!
Those who enjoy the Incest Genre like the intrigue, the pursuit, the gamesmanship, and the idea and delicate dance of seducing someone who should be immune to that seduction because of the taboo nature of the relation.
A seduction so good they can't resist themselves even when they know it is wrong to give into it!

What makes the genre exciting and what people into it are most moved by how hot and exciting the idea of being able to get a sexual Partner that is seemingly impossible to get and get them to fuck you WILLINGLY!
We live in a world where people (women) get divorced over things like "unsatisfaction" (the most common listed reason, not your husbands job to keep you satisfied or happy. Its only his duty to make an effort.). Women are encouraged to not settle down, not build a family, play the field and then settle eventually for all the wrong reasons. They are also encouraged that they dont need a man and the state supporting you with baby daddy on the hook is just as good as a nuclear family.

What appeals to me about the genre is that there is no question whatsoever whether the two characters love eachother. Unconditional love does exist, I have it for each of my family members. I dont try anything with them because this is just a fantasy... but anyways you have the unconditional love in play and then you just mix in natural lusts and hormones. Its a recipe for a long lasting romantic relationship. So regardless of what happens there is that bond to fall back on.

Asphyx

Jun 11, 2017
Unironically, yes, that's exactly what that means. You should see some of the stuff that's out there. Goats aren't the half of it.

^ Haven't read it and don't intend to, not my bag, but if it's what it looks like then yep, that's a romance novel.
Not to anyone who is a fan of romance novels it isn't!
Just FALSE ADVERTISING!
People into romance novels aren't buying that book and enjoying it...
people into fucking animals are!

AkitoH

Mar 13, 2017
To everyone getting excited over the Ann preview....Calm tf down. This is BB and DS we're talking about. Those previews can very easily be misleading as all hell. It's the common narrative of the last few versions. Don't fall for the same trap until it's clear we're getting some action.

Reactions: Thjis and Corambis

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
Not to anyone who is a fan of romance novels it isn't!
Just FALSE ADVERTISING!
People into romance novels aren't buying that book and enjoying it...
people into fucking animals are!
People who are into both are (apparently) buying it. People can like more than one thing and can enjoy combining them.

Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
What would improve this game dramatically for me is a rework to lessen the grind. There is something majorly wrong when you have cheat codes and still feel the weight of a soulcrushing grind, spending 3-4 hours playing click simulator for an hour of content.

Reactions: Jerkov

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
What would improve this game dramatically for me is a rework to lessen the grind. There is something majorly wrong when you have cheat codes and still feel the weight of a soulcrushing grind, spending 3-4 hours playing click simulator for an hour of content.
The problem is the mid-stream transition from semi-sandbox to VN, imo. The game's mechanics are still geared for sandbox play, and DS hasn't adjusted the content distribution. That said, it was always the case that playing an update on an old save left a lot of 'empty space' and maybe it's not so bad on a new game playthrough. It is pretty aggravating, though.

Reactions: JasonJemodah

Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
People who are into both are (apparently) buying it. People can like more than one thing and can enjoy combining them.

You cannot romance an animal because an animal is a creature of instinct. They dont think or make critical decisions, they just act. If you want to romance an animal, you just bend over. If they accept you its because it was within their nature, if they reject you its because it was within their nature. If your going for the penetration, then you just stick it in. They will probably flip the fuck out and not know whats happening, because they are animals.

Now a women cannot be with a TREX. He wants to eat her and his cock is far to massive. If the story is a women with a giant dinosaur, trust me it exists for the SHOCK factor.

AkitoH

Mar 13, 2017
An hour of content that's been the same bullshit in different rooms for the past 4 to 5 versions at that.

Pantisocrat

Jul 3, 2017
You cannot romance an animal because an animal is a creature of instinct.
I mean, dude, you cannot get magic mind-control powers from a group of PVC-skinned interdimensional beings either, but Dreams of Desire doesn't seem to care, you know? It's fiction, you can do things in fiction you can't do elsewhere. Is Twilight not romance because vampires aren't real?

Reactions: megadork

Bass_Legend

Jun 5, 2017
The problem is the mid-stream transition from semi-sandbox to VN, imo. The game's mechanics are still geared for sandbox play, and DS hasn't adjusted the content distribution. That said, it was always the case that playing an update on an old save left a lot of 'empty space' and maybe it's not so bad on a new game playthrough. It is pretty aggravating, though.

I just did a fresh playthrough its fucking terrible. You wander around aimlessly and one misclick you have to wait another entire ingame week to progress the story arc. It needs to be way more organized and there needs to be an end day button or something. For example sometimes the arc will require you to talk to a specific character on a specific day at a specific time. And it wont even mention it in the opportunities guide. Good luck trying to dig through the walkthrough to figure out where the fuck you are and where you need to go.

Game needs a lot of help for MANY reasons. Good things it has going for it are artwork and tons of content, but really its not worth it. For me the thought of another playthrough to get the lisa gf route which actually has more progression and planned more progression instead of the lisa/oliva gf route crushes my soul. I am not going to sit here for an entire day playing click simulator on some fucked kids idea of what a good incest game is. ....Never again.....

Reactions: megadork and Asphyx
3.40 star(s) 107 Votes