Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Notice that the LEAKER HAS BEEN BANNED from Patreon.

View attachment 812793

I understand that one cannot fight against the inevitable, but within the possible, I WILL NOT ALLOW this type of disrespect to the rest of the patrons who are contributing.
with that kind of aptitude, you will dig your own grave, I get that you may not want the game to be leaked so fast but no one here leaks games to disrespect patreons or devs, they do it with good intentions, you get free publicity and they still pay for it (unless you don't have pay upfront and they get it for free, in that case, is not that guys faults but yours for not having it).
whatever the case don't act like that, I say this truthfully because something like this has happened in the past and devs acting like this may be seen in an unlikely light for your future patreons and will certainly keep away some people from supporting you considering such behavior towards someone that may have shared your game to help you instead of what you are calling him off.

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
0.31 didn't solve the crash when clicking on the status button at all, still getting same error. How is that possible?

I guess I'll have to unren and have a look at the piece of code if character g is missing something.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/scripts/screens/stats.rpy", line 43, in execute
File "game/scripts/screens/stats.rpy", line 43, in execute
File "game/scripts/screens/stats.rpy", line 53, in execute
File "game/scripts/screens/stats.rpy", line 55, in execute
File "game/scripts/screens/stats.rpy", line 61, in execute
File "game/scripts/screens/stats.rpy", line 65, in execute
File "game/scripts/screens/stats.rpy", line 66, in execute
File "game/scripts/screens/stats.rpy", line 67, in execute
File "game/scripts/screens/stats.rpy", line 32, in createStatsCharButton
Exception: Character "g" has no image_tag

Evil-Neko

Jun 26, 2020
Dont think so, I have 160 Study Points without Cheating and I need to ignore her for 3 weeks, there is no dress in the shop

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
with that kind of aptitude, you will dig your own grave, I get that you may not want the game to be leaked so fast but no one here leaks games to disrespect patreons or devs, they do it with good intentions, you get free publicity and they still pay for it (unless you don't have pay upfront and they get it for free, in that case, is not that guys faults but yours for not having it).
whatever the case don't act like that, I say this truthfully because something like this has happened in the past and devs acting like this may be seen in an unlikely light for your future patreons and will certainly keep away some people from supporting you considering such behavior towards someone that may have shared your game to help you instead of what you are calling him off.
I think it's perfectly reasonable for a dev to ban someone leaking the $20 version, especially when it hasn't been bug-tested which will create a bad first impression for new players.

Now, if we're talking about the $5 version then I might agree with you.

baku.k

Mar 8, 2018
Not totally agree with that. Depends of who has been banned and for what.
It's clear that leaked the unfinished version will cause a lot of harms.
By the way, you can wait few days before leak, in order to respect high patreons. Less harms done in this case.

But I'm agree with the free "ads". All the game that I pledge in patreon, were got from here before. And without f95, I wouldn't be able to know them.

Reactions: Max1276

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I think it's perfectly reasonable for a dev to ban someone leaking the $20 version, especially when it hasn't been bug-tested which will create a bad first impression for new players.

Now, if we're talking about the $5 version then I might agree with you.
the mods still put Beta in the thread, so nope that excuse won't work.
Saying that someone is disrespecting patreons or devs for "sharing" a game and banning him is childish behavior and it won't help the dev getting future patreons if he acts like that, it happened before and look how it worked for him.
I understand both sides, but this looks worse for the dev and it can hurt him more, people will get a wrong impression of the dev and that never helps when it comes to getting more support.
Also, there is nice mods that can put an OP Warning, though in this case, he can do it himself since he is in control of the thread.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Not totally agree with that. Depends of who has been banned and for what.
It's clear that leaked the unfinished version will cause a lot of harms.
By the way, you can wait few days before leak, in order to respect high patreons. Less harms done in this case.

But I'm agree with the free "ads". All the game that I pledge in patreon, were got from here before. And without f95, I wouldn't be able to know them.
Same for me (well, a few I found on tfgamessite befor eI knew this place existed, I've certainly never found any though Patreon's search engine :LOL:).

I'd say it's a moot point, the fact that mgomez0077 is so engaged with the fanbase here suggests they don't want to go around banning patrons but it is entirely understandable in this case due the sheer number of people (and by people, I mean idiots) who downloaded v0.3 despite the clear warning that is was an untested version in need of bug testing and then complained about all the bugs :LOL:
the mods still put Beta in the thread, so nope that excuse won't work.
Saying that someone is disrespecting patreons or devs for "sharing" a game and banning him is childish behavior and it won't help the dev getting future patreons if he acts like that, it happened before and look how it worked for him.
I understand both sides, but this looks worse for the dev and it can hurt him more, people will get a wrong impression of the dev and that never helps when it comes to getting more support.
Agree to disagree but I'll leave it at that because there's no way we're going to convince each other ;)

Reactions: McWoodz

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I agree 100% on how this was handled. I used to rely on patreon members for their support which helped me improve things like my pc to make better mods and purchase better programs. I have had people join and get what they want then publish untested mods and maps then get a backlash from people complaining and calling my work garbage then bitch when i release it under my own name saying why didnt i do this the first time and by then i actually lost subs because of the drama caused by the leaked versions of my stuff. i will continue to support Porcus as long as I can afford to. I love the game and he has put a lot of time and effort into bringing us this game.

Reactions: Porcus Dev

edem1978

Apr 2, 2018
I delete the saved data in the game folder and in the folder C: \ Users \ <username> \ AppData \ Roaming \ RenPy and put the new savedata in the game folder, but it does not take over the new saved file.
what am i doing wrong don't want to start the game from scratch

Meridian

Jan 24, 2018
Notice that the LEAKER HAS BEEN BANNED from Patreon.

View attachment 812793

I understand that one cannot fight against the inevitable, but within the possible, I WILL NOT ALLOW this type of disrespect to the rest of the patrons who are contributing.
I understand banning guy who leaked 0.3 version but banning guy who leaked 0.3.1 or not releasing 0.3.1(bugfix only) to public asap at all seems counterproductive. Even if you are gonna write in thread that 0.3 release is buggy and not stable most people dont read forum thread, they just download game and try it. If you delay bugfix releases to public then in the end more people will just download buggy version, think the game is shit and give up on it. This will only harm you.

Trying to prevent content updates from being leaked is ok but bugfixes should be publicly released asap for your own good.

Reactions: _Maou_

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I delete the saved data in the game folder and in the folder C: \ Users \ <username> \ AppData \ Roaming \ RenPy and put the new savedata in the game folder, but it does not take over the new saved file.
what am i doing wrong don't want to start the game from scratch
it is a unfortunate circumstance that came from having the code rewritten so you will need a fresh start.

Reactions: Porcus Dev

PinkGoddess

Apr 3, 2020
no and i do not know if its planned as it is not in the tags for the game.
As I understand it, tags can only put what the game already has included, they can never tag future content if it is not yet included in the current update

3.10 star(s) 93 Votes