Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
I understand what you mean, and this is the first time I've had to do it, because what has bothered me are the forms, not the fact.

I have been in these F95 forums for a long time, I have learned many things and made great friends. And although it is a pirate site, you could perfectly say that it is "dev friendly".
Here they "take good care" of the games, and try to promote the creators as much as possible.
I always read all the comments to try to improve the game or correct problems, and for that I thank you.
It's also true that I try to answer all the doubts you have and solve your problems to be able to continue advancing in the game and enjoy it to the fullest, which after all is my priority.

I understand that sooner or later the game will be leaked and will end up on many internet sites; what bothers me in particular is a leak, not just of day zero, but of minute zero! The game was published immediately in "svscomics" just after sending it to the partron in question... an unusual patron whose registration was only intended to leak the new version, not to collaborate with the project... and to publish it on a website where no credit is given to the creator, no details of the game are given, and it also goes up to servers where you need a premium account to download it; that's how they make money, and that's another factor that pisses me off, piracy is one thing, getting profit at the cost of others' work is quite another.

I've received private messages from people who have the game (so they are patrons) and they tell me that they are going to publish it here; they tell me before and ask for my opinion... well, in an ideal world the best thing would be not to have leaks, but in the world in which we lived this isn't possible, so my answer to them is that the more days they wait the better, and they usually listen to me and wait at least more than 5 days (it's also true that the more known is the game the more difficult is the wait, lol).

I'm not going to ban the patrons, I just ask for a little respect for the game and those who support it, and this can basically be summarized as
- Give at least a few days to the patrons with "Early Access" to enjoy their well deserved reward
- Be good to the game and its players, publish it on a "dev friendly" website and on free servers

Think about it, if you have waited months, can't you wait at least one more week? This would greatly benefit the game, and therefore also the players who enjoy it :)
When I play games like this for free, or watch movies on similar sites, I feel a LITTLE guilty. When it turns out to be a well made game/film, I will often throw some money at the dev or buy the movie on disc after the fact. Quality work deserves to be supported, especially where small/indie artists are concerned.
(I would feel substantially less guilty about a piece of garbage that I was only watching for the sake witnessing tragedy. You know, like a Michael Bay movie.)
I'm sure I'm a bit inconsistent with this mentality, but one thing I would NEVER do is support a bootlegger by paying THEM for something they stole. That's beyond my personal moral boundaries, and it's not something I want to support. (The only exception would be in the old days when there was a lot of anime that was only available in the US at cons where the translations were done by college students. This was before VIZ video really became a thing.)
I haven't actually played this game yet, but it looks pretty cool, and I like your introduction statements. I wish you the best with it, and I'm sure I'll check it out soon.

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
I think you jumped the gun a bit with the ban, don't get me wrong it's your decision. You have to be realistic though, the game is going to leak, in the end all that has happened is that you lost 20 bucks. If a bug test game leaks then all you have to say is, well guys sub and youll get the good one nice and early, and some goodies to go with it

Rather than offering early release as the sole benefit, some devs offer unique content like images, contribution to storylines etc, side events and the like. Take a leaf out of King Canute's book and dont try to stop the tide, but go with it

Just my 2 cents worth

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I think you jumped the gun a bit with the ban, don't get me wrong it's your decision. You have to be realistic though, the game is going to leak, in the end all that has happened is that you lost 20 bucks. If a bug test game leaks then all you have to say is, well guys sub and youll get the good one nice and early, and some goodies to go with it

Rather than offering early release as the sole benefit, some devs offer unique content like images, contribution to storylines etc, side events and the like. Take a leaf out of King Canute's book and dont try to stop the tide, but go with it

Just my 2 cents worth
Here's my comment about it, I don't know if you've read it :p
https://f95zone.to/threads/big-citys-pleasures-v0-3-1-porcus.16290/page-247#post-4179195

I offer other things besides "Early Access", but it doesn't hurt to have at least 5 days of margin and reward, lol
Also, as I explain in the post, it's not the fact of the leak itself, but the forms.

spawn549

Nov 7, 2019
i downloaded .30 on friday morning, played most of day(cause im a moron that didnt realize the mission function and how to get to it) once i figured it out i completed all except the yoga stuff with Gina and that forgotten night with her. i could not complete , obviously due to bug, looked further in forms and seen all the discussion of leaked release and was like, OH Crap. went to bed last night, woke up and seen .31 released , also read .30 saves didnt work, "oh shit everything i did has to be done again" screw it, i tried the save anyways, Behold...... my save worked the yoga scenes were reset, was able to complete the forgotten night, then the rest of scenes with Mistress Cooper, got all caught up wit mom, sis and Jessy. Great job Dev, didnt not have to replay the whole game.

i had seen the game many times before first time playing, yesterday, think the models, animation and story are all great. Looking forward to new releases.

Reactions: Porcus Dev

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah, ummm...why is the file size so HUGE? Cannot load without a paid MEGA plan... Also, takes 3 to 6 days to download with the other options. Ya might wanna consider other options to post this game. Over 2.5 gigs is about the max unless you have one amaze balls game.
Not true, if you register a free mega account and intall megasync, you will be able to download much larger files and won't evenneed to keep the mega window open until the download completes.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
i downloaded .30 on friday morning, played most of day(cause im a moron that didnt realize the mission function and how to get to it) once i figured it out i completed all except the yoga stuff with Gina and that forgotten night with her. i could not complete , obviously due to bug, looked further in forms and seen all the discussion of leaked release and was like, OH Crap. went to bed last night, woke up and seen .31 released , also read .30 saves didnt work, "oh shit everything i did has to be done again" screw it, i tried the save anyways, Behold...... my save worked the yoga scenes were reset, was able to complete the forgotten night, then the rest of scenes with Mistress Cooper, got all caught up wit mom, sis and Jessy. Great job Dev, didnt not have to replay the whole game.

i had seen the game many times before first time playing, yesterday, think the models, animation and story are all great. Looking forward to new releases.
Thank you! :giggle:

I'm glad to know that the programming worked well and you were able to finish the game.
In fact, we created a fix to reset the yoga part and to be able to do it in the right order; apart from this, the v0.3 saves should work fine.
(BTW, there is also an automatic fix on the saves to continue without problem with Cassie's path).

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
I did read it mate. _shrugs_ It is the internet, the moment you upload something you lose control over it. I understand you are pissed off though. But if people give you money, take it. It is a tricky situation, you want your game promoted, sites like this are great for it, personally I would only get pissed if my patrons started to complain, other wise, I refer back to that old king again.

robbe36

Feb 27, 2019
i dont get what the meet her best childhood friends quest is.
is it her rubber ducky but ive already done that scenes twice

WShatn

May 21, 2020
if you register a free mega account and intall megasync, you will be able to download much larger files and won't evenneed to keep the mega window open until the download completes.
Mostly not true, only for new accounts, but if you have an old mega account registered, can't be able to sign megasync with a new.
In addition, the size limit varies according to the region.

RYUU-_-

May 24, 2018
Are there any plans for the incest patch to be updated or will the game not contain incest anymore?

May 14, 2020
In version 3.1 when starting from scratch (you have to I believe) the photo studio won't unlock for me. At some point I see Cassies icon next to where the studio icon should be. I fixed it myself by using a save game editor and changing the flag gp_photostudio to 1/true.

Reactions: W1ldb0y

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Mostly not true, only for new accounts, but if you have an old mega account registered, can't be able to sign megasync with a new.
In addition, the size limit varies according to the region.
Ah, I didn't know about the regional differences and yeah, my mega account is about 18 months old so that might explain it.

People can still use the Nopy links with no problems and if sbability is an issue then a download manager is their best friend, I've used for more than a decade :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Anyone knows when will the incest patch made by an independent malevolent third party for 3.1 become available?

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
When will the incest patch for 3.1 become available for all?
How can you ask the dev that? Don't you know these patches are created by Evil Modders who wish to take our innocent sex games and turn them into degenerate filth :LOL:

Becky is obviously some sweet kid the MC knew in his hometown and Megan is clearly a neighbour or something ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Capt OA
3.10 star(s) 93 Votes