lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Why most devs are totally against the idea to release just update's files separately?
Visit the Fetish Locator or Family Affair threads and see the number of players whining about separated files to understand why Porcus chose to avoid that issue

Or are you talking about putting out the update files seperatley and letting players add those to their old version of the game? If so, I've just asked Porcus about that but also given reasons as to why they wouldn't within that post

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
well nice to see an update! (y)
You're welcome ;)

A number of devs I follow produce an 'update only' release which can be applied to the previous version* on the player's HDD. I realise that, since you've previously made major to the older versions that may not have been possible in the past but now, assuming you're happy with versions 0.1-0.5, could you not do that?

* I have updated Midlife Crisis by Nefastus this way for the last 10-12 updates rather than download the full version with each new release
Yes, we did it in v0.4.x, you could only download the update if you already had v0.3.
I'm going to do it also in v0.5.2, it will be possible to update from v0.3 to this last one... I haven't had time to do it yet, I'll try to do it this weekend.

Well, I have to play from the start. Between 100s games around who would remember where we left.
Surely you will enjoy it more as we have made some improvements and shortened some of the paths.

This update is huge... my previous version of the game is around 2 gig, this is nearly 11 gig.
Well, it's also possible that you used to play a LQ (Low Quality) version, which uses much less space. The LQ version of v0.5.2 takes 2.8GB (note: on big screen it's recommended to play the HQ version).
Anyway, there is a lot of new content...
More than 900 new images
More than 80 new animations
More than 20 new songs
And scenes for several characters

JPL

Oct 6, 2017
Can developer make a patch that will updates from version 0.4 to 0.52? It is kind to rough to download such a large thing every time there is a updated game.

Reactions: pavlogrk

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Thank you very much PORCUS, I really thank you for the gesture you made, thank you brother! :love:
Thank you, but... it wasn't me :p

So what's the point of doing a sandbox if he must "endure" a scene or a character he doesn't like? Normally in a sandbox game you can do things in the order you want.
This game is a mixture of VN and sandbox.
It allows some freedom to move around the map, but there are also really long VN-style scenes.
In some secondary characters you will be able to choose whether to continue their path or not. Others that are key to the main plot, no.

Why most devs are totally against the idea to release just update's files separately?
We aren't against it at all, we did it in the previous version, and we will do it in this one too... I just didn't have time :BootyTime:

Visit the Fetish Locator or Family Affair threads and see the number of players whining about separated files to understand why Porcus chose to avoid that issue

Or are you talking about putting out the update files seperatley and letting players add those to their old version of the game? If so, I've just asked Porcus about that but also given reasons as to why they wouldn't within that post
Really, problems?
There were no complaints in our previous update-only version, I think 0x52 did a great job in creating the application to generate the updates.
Let's hope that when creating the update for v0.5.2 everything goes smoothly as well.

And here you have it people. This is how to announce to the world you're a self-entitled moron without saying you're a self-entitled moron.
:KEK:

can i use maledom against cooper?

i hope so
Not yet, but the revenge will be brutal! :devilish::ROFLMAO:

It's not really Big City Pleasure unless you can beat up old ladies on the street, or shoot some kids on a drive by.
LMAO :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Partial to tiff and aif files thank you very much!:mad: pleb

Must some dpi or high rez raws...
All in WEBP and WEBM (VP9), only some very small images (icons) are in PNG.
I don't want to sacrifice quality. For that there are the LQ versions.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Really, problems?
There were no complaints in our previous update-only version, I think 0x52 did a great job in creating the application to generate the updates.
Let's hope that when creating the update for v0.5.2 everything goes smoothly as well.
Don't remember seeing update only versions on here but I'm freeloading pirate scum so maybe you make that available on Patreon where us undeserving folk can't see it

If there is an update only version then I stand corrected

loqex

Aug 5, 2016
All in WEBP and WEBM (VP9), only some very small images (icons) are in PNG.
I don't want to sacrifice quality. For that there are the LQ versions.
As it should be. Always respect dev's original intentions.

Plus we have gracious members that step up to do the dumbing down formats for dev's that don't want to compromise their work.

My response was joke in reference to Kuriichi's Windows default inefficient formats.

• Haha
Reactions: Porcus Dev

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
It allows some freedom to move around the map,
To what for? You don't have to collect or search for anything (besides the shop), and as a player you're a not completely free, because either you have unavoidable characters, either you have to respect some order to enable scenes with other characters that are no related to the character that is coming first.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
cant get the clothes store to apeer
Talk to Jessy when she is in her room on Friday afternoon ;)

To what for? You don't have to collect or search for anything (besides the shop), and as a player you're a not completely free, because either you have unavoidable characters, either you have to respect some order to enable scenes with other characters that are no related to the character that is coming first.
That is why he said "some freedom", not "full freedom" :p
There are times of the day when there are several girls to visit, you can choose which one to visit. There are two stores to go and buy necessary things (some optional), and in the future there will be more places.
But I understand what you mean, it's not the classic freeroam, in fact lately it has tended more to VN type scenes, as we have had to give depth and history to the characters.

3.10 star(s) 93 Votes