3.80 star(s) 44 Votes

Ryproar

Nov 29, 2017
After reading the whole post they posted I am a bit annoyed at the online nonsense. You have to login every time you play and if you lower your pledge you don't get squat? I mean that is a bit crappy tbh. You pay 30 and play for a month, but if you stop you don't get to play with what you paid for in the first place even if you paid for the highest tier? That is like a subscription plan for a dlc. I know they are trying to keep pirates at bay, but things like this MAKES pirates. Hopefully they will find a way to fix this for those who want to play the game and not pay 10, 20, or 30 indefinitely. Because as it stands now that is the way it is set up.

D

Deleted member 412147

i guess we need a lot patience now.
a patron and a crack will take time

Ryproar

Nov 29, 2017
I have got the game and it requires Patreon creds t access the game. He also said if it gets hacked he will wipe the whole game to save patron's info and card stuffs. So DRM but with good reason.

zensei

Jan 20, 2018
I have got the game and it requires Patreon creds t access the game. He also said if it gets hacked he will wipe the whole game to save patron's info and card stuffs. So DRM but with good reason.
DRM is never a good reason. Imagine putting your patron's credentials in danger just because you don't want a dispensable game release to be shared and played somewhere else freely. If anyone does hack it, it will be his fault that he put his own patrons credentials in danger. Instead of acknowledging the "Pirating" community here, he actively seeks to destroy it, therefore possibly denying himself possible future patrons.

With all that said, apparently the public version will be no different from this one, except you won't be able to pick a costume. It will be randomised

doomy7

Jun 9, 2017
Shouldn't there be a public announcement for this ? Getting access to confidential information by cracking a game is a huge vulnerability, and patrons should be aware of this. I don't know if it's bad security implementation or the simplest verification system but they should fix that.

Ryproar

Nov 29, 2017
Well he did put the info in a way I guess when he said it uses your pledge to verify what you paid to access the builds. BUT the info was in the 25 pledge so too late then huh? It is a bit unfair to let people pay THEN tell them this info.

Shirobine

Sep 17, 2017
Yeah, this creator has a no fucks given policy too so I wouldn't expect him to care about our opinions much on the matter. But besides that, I doubt the hackers need to access the patreon credentials to actually crack the game anyway, as it stands it's not always on DRM but really more of a simple firewall that could be bypassed if someone modified the game core files and removed it. No action against the server itself needs to be taken, but if it does, it's certainly his fault. The path to hell is paved with good intentions.

3.80 star(s) 44 Votes