3.80 star(s) 44 Votes

FaerDear

Feb 9, 2019
Sounds like they're moving to UE5...
Yay another 2 years without content updates. People've been starving for this update and it was very lacking and disappointing, like yeah that update is nice for 1-3 months period of waiting but not for a year lmao. Then if they actually move to UE5 then it takes them a year to redo all the stuff of the current game and another year to implement a couple of scenes and new enemy. Yeah those devs are scammers too if they actually do that. Gladly I won't pay shit for this game unless it actually gets finished, some developers manage to get more and higher quality content in a few months but those guys can't get anything further than asset store for a 3 years now. This boss was the only good update to the game and it took them a fucking year.

Last edited:

Ironfoot

Jun 7, 2017
Yay another 2 years without content updates. People've been starving for this update and it was very lacking and disappointing, like yeah that update is nice for 1-3 months period of waiting but not for a year lmao. Then if they actually move to UE5 then it takes them a year to redo all the stuff of the current game and another year to implement a couple of scenes and new enemy. Yeah those devs are scammers too if they actually do that. Gladly I won't pay shit for this game unless it actually gets finished, some developers manage to get more and higher quality content in a few months but those guys can't get anything further than asset store for a 3 years now. This boss was the only good update to the game and it took them a fucking year.
Do you know how hard to program, animate, and model a game complex like this ALONE. They even wrote a report why they took this long. They spent a month or more to search for a decent animator with no luck plus health problem took an other month. On the top of that every update is free. If the whole game is going to be completed it's going to be FREE. These team doesn't scam at all and you are just an impatient person nothing more.

Last edited:

ChuckR

Jan 5, 2018
It just gets frustrating when when you're watching something like 7 projects go dark. They all seem to go by the same pattern:

1. Cool premise and demo
2. A few updates
3. Massive engine changes halfway through project.
4. Developer has a meltdown of sorts
5. An update after a long delay
6. Project goes dark for good.

I'm not a fan of changing engines during a project. If you have faith in your design you don't need the latest and greatest, and you don't have a team of 500 artists to capitalize on it.

And maybe the issue is the Patreon model itself. Incremental updates don't work well all the time and you have to end up spending time on some gimmick to get people to subscribe. And really, you have to do most of the work yourself, since it was hard to hire artists BEFORE the current market.

Even if you have if you have funding, my experience has been this:
1. Find an artist.
2. Find a GOOD artist out of the ten you've talked to.
3. Negotiate a rate, get some initial work.
4. Never hear from them even again.

So really need to be a jack of all trades to get an indie game out. Or compromise the hell out of your vision.

Kintaroe

Apr 5, 2019
U do realise its just 2 people working on this game right?

yunasenna

Dec 10, 2019
Before I knew it was just 2 people I was always "what is taking to long" yada yada ya. But now that I know it is just 2 people doing the games I got more patience because I know how hard it is to code, graphics etc. It's a circus with making a game. So yeah some people need to be calm about VxS and slow updates. :)

Kintaroe

Apr 5, 2019
Before I knew it was just 2 people I was always "what is taking to long" yada yada ya. But now that I know it is just 2 people doing the games I got more patience because I know how hard it is to code, graphics etc. It's a circus with making a game. So yeah some people need to be calm about VxS and slow updates. :)
The fact that they actually have made a proper game out of this compared to other "games" like wild life. This one is actually playable.

Jacky1x5

May 8, 2019
The fact that they actually have made a proper game out of this compared to other "games" like wild life. This one is actually playable.
To be fair they are not doing that much better than most as they most likely don't have a proper layout of the project with goals that are easier for them to do, as most of what they are doing is polishing which in game design is the last step before you are ready for a release. They should be planning, building levels and characters and storyboarding out the campaign mode these are pretty easy to do and from the look of some of their videos on modeling they could have been done with all their planned levels and story and characters by now but they are caught up on polishing mechanics and models, and worried about not having the right looking animations. See people like the one you are replying to would probably be more forgiving if the game was pretty much done but just needed flare and variety but that is not the cast its not going anywhere fast because they are focusing on things that are the hardest to the point where the project barely moves anywhere.

Damnro

Mar 31, 2020
To be fair they are not doing that much better than most as they most likely don't have a proper layout of the project with goals that are easier for them to do, as most of what they are doing is polishing which in game design is the last step before you are ready for a release. They should be planning, building levels and characters and storyboarding out the campaign mode these are pretty easy to do and from the look of some of their videos on modeling they could have been done with all their planned levels and story and characters by now but they are caught up on polishing mechanics and models, and worried about not having the right looking animations. See people like the one you are replying to would probably be more forgiving if the game was pretty much done but just needed flare and variety but that is not the cast its not going anywhere fast because they are focusing on things that are the hardest to the point where the project barely moves anywhere.
Because they haven't even doing the story yet. I don't blame them as i prefer a better gameplay and less clunky feeling than having a storyboarding, narrative or whatsoever yet. I mean we all play these kind of games for 1 thing first. So no way Sherlock, they have to focus on that 1 thing as priorities. And you just mention 1 of the rightest priorities that is the right looking animations. i rather to look at this game graphic more than Wild Life because it look more like a game rather than the cartoonish stuffs of Wild Life. Even though i fap to anyways just fine

Reactions: NJ and Dhitz

Damnro

Mar 31, 2020
maybe another project will go in dark :( this game has so mutch potential but the change of the
engine will take maybe a year or more ! another scammer maybe ?
They have stated that they didn't change the engine... At least not yet. They just try to port it and try to adapt stuffs to the lastest version of Unreal Engine 4. In order to jump the engine they will have to take more times to research and study as Unreal Engine 5 is limited to a lot of new techs and issues that 4 doesn't have. At least like maybe in another 5 years we will see they considered thoughfully about Unreal 5

Reactions: Dhitz and VTUN000

N0ir2

Apr 28, 2021
Are there any ways that i can get the costumes without spending time on it like a save file or something can someone please help me about this i really can't give my time unlocking costumes rn

VTUN000

Nov 3, 2017
Are there any ways that i can get the costumes without spending time on it like a save file or something can someone please help me about this i really can't give my time unlocking costumes rn
There are save files on a few pages before and many people have literally asked for the same thing, maybe try to search in this thread for a bit longer before you ask something.
Anyway to save your time searching, here is my save with all weapon and costumes unlocked for the 0.5.328-Rev1 version.
The files go to C:\Users\(your pc user name here)\AppData\Local\Bioasshard_Arena\Saved\SaveGames

Last edited:
Reactions: &#$&*&$*<
3.80 star(s) 44 Votes