Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
It's not that bad. Guys, be more favorable.

I mean the MC starts by saying "I feel like one to these nameless red shirts in that ancient sci-fi TV show".

If you are young, that's a Star Trek reference. To the original Star Trek tv show with William Shattner.

That's a great start in my books. But what does an old geezer know, right?
Obviously not much if you think people don't know what a fucking red shirt is. That trope is so well know that just about everyone is aware of both it and the source of the name, even if they never watched TOS.

That's what demos are for, right?

Or you go the way Star Citizen goes and round up a couple of millions via kickstarter
and then put out an evercrashing beta after like 9 years in development.

Or something like that. Wonder if that will ever be released or go the Duke Nukem Forever way.
Or you do what Ecchi Sensei did and release a 2GB first day that could have been it's own game but instead served as a set up for the absolutely massive game that has followed and is still in development. Demos exist so people can get an idea of what a game has to offer. Early alphas usually don't have enough of the girls or mechanics done to do that, and instead are released so that programmers can use customers to test for bugs. Considering how many of these get dropped I can't blame anyone for being frustrated about such a small first release. Show the world something playable or drop the project before other people have invested their time and money to fixing your mess.

Spoil

Sep 30, 2019
I've played Ecchi Sensei and I don't remember having to make a single decision. It is not a playable game, its a visual novel without choices. A renpy comic book.

It's easy to pump out renders in Honey Select and add text to them, but making a proper game takes a lot more effort, time and skill.

Early alpha releases are there to give an idea of the game's potential and to assess interest. They are free and through platforms like this, provide an opportunity for people to offer comments, ideas, support and criticism (though some see fit to use them to voice their specious opinions and insult others).

Reactions: turkish3

Spoil

Sep 30, 2019
Version 0.005 is out, but only version 0.004 is available for public download at .

Ginyu6789

Apr 9, 2018
just confirming but this isn't one of them games that if you dont do shit in certain time you die right?

Reactions: Thugsy

Spoil

Sep 30, 2019
just confirming but this isn't one of them games that if you dont do shit in certain time you die right?
The MC can only die if there is no food and water - the two easiest resources to collect. Probably too difficult for some though.

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
Somewhat interesting, but I'll skip it for the next 6 to 8 months and then check back. Playing through early stages of alpha sandboxes is a pain in the ass.

I've played Ecchi Sensei and I don't remember having to make a single decision. It is not a playable game, its a visual novel without choices. A renpy comic book.

It's easy to pump out renders in Honey Select and add text to them, but making a proper game takes a lot more effort, time and skill.

Early alpha releases are there to give an idea of the game's potential and to assess interest. They are free and through platforms like this, provide an opportunity for people to offer comments, ideas, support and criticism (though some see fit to use them to voice their specious opinions and insult others).
Gonna be somewhat a dick, so live with it or DR; I've got nothing better to do right now, and need to waste some time while 130-ish gigs of shit updates.

1st statement: IIRC after playing through ES a few times, there are actually quite a few important and impact full choices to make. As for it not being a "game", well, the same could be argued about sandbox, as it's just mindless clicking and grinding most times. As for ES being "A renpy comic book"; that would require it to be a kinetic novel where the choices leads to the exact same conclusion/outcome regardless of player choice. Which is not the case with ES. Mind you, I do play it with the Darker mod though, which IIRC restores some Patreon no-nos.

2nd statement regarding HS and writing: That's specious, and you know it. Even doing it badly is not that easy. Easier, yes, but by no means "easy". You need the resources to do renders, the time to do so, at the same time as you do the writing and/or spellchecking and/or translation work(if needed), and on top of that, coding, heaps and heaps of (more often than I'd like to see, attrocious)coding, and knowledge to do so. Be it py, c+/++ et cetera. Doing it badly takes time, doing it good takes a good long time, and doing it great takes for ever. Especially renders. A lot of work for one person, which seems to be the case with many, if not most of the not so good, or outright bad games.

3rd statement: True, but, opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. And what you see as an opinion might be meant as criticism, and might be seen as such by others as well. Also, you're an ass for using specious, before the word opinion, in my opinion. How the hell can an opinion be superficially plausible, but actually wrong or misleading in appearance, especially misleadingly attractive? As far as I know, an opinion is subjective, and matters only to the subject, in this case, the opinion holder(s), and are more often than not, interpreted wrongly by others. Hell I've got shit opinions, but they are just that. Opinions. There's nothing inherently wrong with them, but that does not stop them from being shitty or just badly outrageous. If said opinion was presented as a fact, it would not be an opinion, therefore making it a specious statement. Or in other terms lies and/or bullshit.

Last edited:

Snowsexxx32

Jun 3, 2018
Hmmmmm... this could be interesting, but there are a few questionable points discussed already.

Sandbox vs VN - Personally, I'm not a fan of a VN unless the writer knows how to edit [read as: delete unnecessary exposition and garbage] and has something interesting to say or characters to develop, and prefer mechanics over story if you don't have a story to tell. I agree that building the code for the mechanics is difficult, however people also clearly lack writing skill. There another side to mechanics, yes it's tough to write that code, but it also requires skill to design them well, so I hope the dev has that squared away if they think they're making a sandbox.

Daz vs HS for renders... posing in both of these take non-zero effort. Given the sample images, this dev doesn't know what a render is, because I agree that it looks like screenshots from the viewport. It's also possible that the renders are just terribly lit and are using headlamp only, if this is the case the dev could spend some time in a few Daz tutorials to figure out how to get lighting to look decent. Lighting is easier to get consistent in HS, so the dev may have been better off going with that anyway.

Looks like I'm mostly in agreement with GamleErik89 , however following the principle of charity, they could intend "specious opinion" to as something presented as a matter of fact that is wrong as a representation of their opinion. People post their opinions as fact all the time on these threads, and are often wrong, but I tend to chalk that up to English not being their first language.

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
I tend to chalk that up to English not being their first language.
That's what I tend to do too. It's the internet, and there's a shit ton more non-native English speakers, then native.:alien: Some times things misfire structurally when writing, at least for me, since I have two languages besides my own, that's three language structures in all, which makes things a bit strange some times. Especially when sleep deprived:HideThePain::LOL:

Reactions: cakeny

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.004 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
i found a bug that causes ecxeptions at certain times of the day.
if a girl is learning tactics this will happen one forst shift between 0700-1000 and on second shift from 1200-1600 and they don't learn the skill, just cause the issue.

Naskura

Sep 18, 2018
Bug Report from 0.004 If you save a game the research menu is reset to 0, inventory is set to 0, all custom names are removed.

Spoil

Sep 30, 2019
Raw materials are mined from asteroids. You need an exosuit to collect them. They can be refined in the recycling center.

The save and tactics bugs have been fixed in public version of 0.005, which will be released when 0.006 is released to patrons on the 26th. Renpy has a strange way of dealing with class variables in saves, but a workaround has been implemented.
Version 0.006 also introduces the milking room, hanger, brig, ships logs and basic combat. All scenes are repeatable and character names and relationships can be changed at any time.

The short plan was to put all the building blocks in place to allow for the first pregnancies by version 0.008 and the first generation of offspring by 0.010 in December. However, given the lack of interest in the game, that seems unlikely.

Last edited:

MaskOfMirth

Mar 7, 2020
Between the dick and the horror-movie character models, I think this is going to be a pass. I liked the idea of space fantasy as well, so that's a shame

Reactions: HansDampf788
1.30 star(s) 3 Votes