BetaCnc

Sep 12, 2017
maybe the englihs version will come out like in 5 or 6 months... the game is popular so....

tehmasta

May 1, 2017
Dam, i found Russian version of 6th game, thought English would be out already too :< too bad

Vynrael

Jul 23, 2017
Does anyone know any simillar games to rio series? some kind of slutty girl that fucks tentacles / monsters prefferably and suddeny she find herself trapped or its too late to esceape (something rio game like)

Diaborus

Jan 28, 2018
Does anyone know any simillar games to rio series? some kind of slutty girl that fucks tentacles / monsters prefferably and suddeny she find herself trapped or its too late to esceape (something rio game like)
try Tower Of Liz

Sep 10, 2018
Cruised through every part of the first one solo but that hidden door hard stuck me. Reminds me of the lake dive vacuous rom bossfight bit in bloodborne. There are difficult puzzles then there is just shitty game design. Though the latter might have been my bad for killing the old man william because I thought he had dementia.

Mistix

Dec 4, 2016
Regarding the walkthrough for Rio 3, on day 1, when I try to go back to the forest a 2nd time, there's a cow barring the entrance.
What do I do here?

Reactions: SBrandom

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Looks like game 5 crashes whenever you hit the save/load menu.
It's looking for something in Graphics/Characters, a file with Japanese characters, but all the files in that folder seem to have been renamed in English. (not with broken characters, with real english)

I guess the translation brke it?

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
Looks like game 5 crashes whenever you hit the save/load menu.
It's looking for something in Graphics/Characters, a file with Japanese characters, but all the files in that folder seem to have been renamed in English. (not with broken characters, with real english)

I guess the translation brke it?
No, the fact that you are trying to run it without setting your windows to japanese locale.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
No, the fact that you are trying to run it without setting your windows to japanese locale.
Nope.
I mean, yeah, cuz I don't do that, but I have Locale Encoder which does the same thing without forcing me to reboot my computer.

That's not the issue though, because none of the file-names in any of the folder are broken, in any of the six games I got from that zip-file, (no nonsense characters resulting from my computer trying and failing to read Kanji)
All the file-names are written in english.

So the graphics file I need for the 5th game (the only one with any kind of missing file problem) was either not included in the zip-file or named wrong by whoever translated it.

TLDR: There's absolutely no possible way that me not changing my system locale has somehow fully translated japanese characters into english characters, all miraculously arranged into actual English words.

That's not how it works.

Edit: Attached screenshots.
On the left is the file it says I need, on the right are the files I have, in the graphics/characters folder.

Also, I recovered the deleted zip itself, and checked it with winrar before extracting it. These are the only files in that folder, even prior to extraction. Looks like shit is actually missing. Can anyone confirm?

edit: apparantly the file it's looking for is 'hero' in japanese, so I renamed one of the existing files into that and it worked fine.

Last edited:

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
From the screenshot i can tell you i had that on locale emulators too. Locale emulators dont work actually on every game, in fact there are several game engines that do not work when the system is not set to japanese locale, Sinistar will not work with locale emulator as well, and locale amulator has issues with japanese named files since the locale amulator does not change the encoding so japanese names in files still will be gibberish. Also whatever you used to unpack probably did not even unpack those files since it had issues with its names. Locale emulators are okay forsome VN's but RPGMaker needs you to set your system to japanese and that will be said even on DLSITE.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
From the screenshot i can tell you i had that on locale emulators too. Locale emulators dont work actually on every game, in fact there are several game engines that do not work when the system is not set to japanese locale, Sinistar will not work with locale emulator as well, and locale amulator has issues with japanese named files since the locale amulator does not change the encoding so japanese names in files still will be gibberish. Also whatever you used to unpack probably did not even unpack those files since it had issues with its names. Locale emulators are okay forsome VN's but RPGMaker needs you to set your system to japanese and that will be said even on DLSITE.
I already said that I checked the Zip-file and it has exactly the same files that I have unpacked, with exactly the same file names.
So no, me unpacking without switching locales didn't break anything, and none of my filenames are broken regardless. They're all in full english characters or full japanese characters, with no broken gibberish text at all.

And also no, Locale emulator works perfectly fine for both unpacking Zips and running RPGmaker games. That's why I got it and why I use it. It's never failed me.
It also works just fine for all the other Exorcist Rio games in this pack. 1/2/3/4/6. It also works just fine with all the other files in this game, with japanese characters in them, like リオ_(日焼け)通常笑顔.png for one of the tanned skin CGs or メイメイ_(左側)困り顔2.png for the tribal girl.

No, the problem here is that the game is looking for 主人公.png, and there is no file with that name in the game-folder, neither before or after unzipping it.

This is not a locale issue.
Either whoever packed the game missed some files, or whoever translated it renamed a bunch of files (but strangely not all of them) and then forgot to tell the game to look for the renamed file instead of the original.

Either way, I ran the error message through an image-to-text program, then I copy/pasted that text (in Japanese characters) over a random other image file from the game (that I duplicated, obviously) and I fixed it.

Weird part is that the image-file I used as a substitute isn't even visible on the save/load menu, which means that it doesn't even need the file that it couldn't find.

Atleast RPGmaker MV just lets you continue past missing image/music files instead of closing the whole game window whenever it encounters anything unexpected.
If only it wasn't such a horrid bitch to cheat-engine, it'd be the perfect platform.

shineek

Nov 13, 2017
Whatever, im 100% sure its locale issue since i had the same error, but i see its pointless to try to explain this to someone who is so dead set against changing his locale to japanese, which actually does not make any problems for your PC, it will still run in your langauge anyway, literally nothing changes, but as said its pointless and i dont have the time for this.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Whatever, im 100% sure its locale issue since i had the same error, but i see its pointless to try to explain this to someone who is so dead set against changing his locale to japanese, which actually does not make any problems for your PC, it will still run in your langauge anyway, literally nothing changes, but as said its pointless and i dont have the time for this.
I'll thank you not to try to tell me what does or doesn't make problems for my PC, a setup that you have literally never encountered and know less than nothing about. Thanks.

My copy of win10 repeatedly fails to properly download the Japanese language packs that it thinks it requires to switch locales, and set itself into a chain of reboots that required me to go into safe-mode to debug, the last two times I attempted that, So no, i'm not going to try that again, especially when it's clearly unnecessary.

Being in the wrong locale will fill your filenames with gibberish, which can result in the same error that i'm having, but none of my filenames are gibberish and the ones that are supposed to contain japaense characters clearly still do, except for this one single file, which isn't misnamed, but rather totally absent.
So it's clear that that isn't actually the cause of the problem I'm having.

Also, even if me being in the wrong locale was spontaneously deleting a single file out of a zip-folder containing dozens, many of which use exactly the same characters found in the 'deleted' file, then that file would still be present in the original archive.
It is not.
I know this because I checked.
Because I already considered that it might be a locale issue before I even made the initial post about it, but then I discounted it after confirming that it wasn't.

When I tell you that it's not the same cause, it's because I've actually put a bit of effort into finding out, so I actually know things that you're just assuming.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Simple Question: How accurate is the description on page 1?

Do you start as a harlot craving for the D, or do you start more innoncent? I like corruption arcs in games.
Games like Virgin Island (if someone knows the one) and such. Fight monsters, you can stay a virgin (you dont, but thats besides the point, I dont want the game to decide it for me, or at the very least not immediately make her a whore).

Would be nice to know.

Syokusyu

Donor
Aug 7, 2017
Simple Question: How accurate is the description on page 1?

Do you start as a harlot craving for the D, or do you start more innoncent? I like corruption arcs in games.
Games like Virgin Island (if someone knows the one) and such. Fight monsters, you can stay a virgin (you dont, but thats besides the point, I dont want the game to decide it for me, or at the very least not immediately make her a whore).

Would be nice to know.
the game starts off with Rio (the protagonist) giving a blowjob to a tentacle, you be the judge.

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes