3.30 star(s) 55 Votes

Grey Wolf 73

Sep 30, 2018
If it isn't a plot point, that is one hell of a chekov's gun to ignore.

The whole reason that the MC and crew went to this school was because the BS had already said they were going elsewhere, that is why it was such a shock that not just ONE of them was at the college, but all of them were. The expectation was that they were going to Ivy league schools, but they ended up here. One of the first questions asked is "Why are they here?" and that has yet to be answered.
In my playthough, this was the impression I got(and I don't do impressions, so bear with me here):
Montecita was more of a last chance/final option for the MC to attend college because if his poor grades/lack of scholarships.
• The MC assumed that Kate and her friends were attending other, more prestigious schools 'in the east' due to their grades/money. etc.

I'm not saying that you're wrong about the point you made; just wondering if I missed something or it this is another thing that the dev might have left unclear.

My opinion (And it's just this: An opinion) is that Kate does not have a master plan. Her plan is power and then after getting power, seeing what she can do to change things more to her liking.

Her default setting is to get into a position of power to change her environment to her liking. The type of person that wants to be student president, Head girl etc. etc. Not sure if it's a plot point that they ended up in this Uni. Maybe one of them did not get into the more fancy Uni and they then decided to stick together and all go to this Uni.
I feel Kate is the type to have a plan. A well thought out, multi-part plan with well defined goals at each step. She's all business.
But she's also flexible enough to be able to change those plans if something goes wrong(like someone not getting into Kappa Kai).
I'm just curious what that plan would have looked like if the pics of Sarah hadn't been leaked. Maybe she mentioned it and I missed it.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
I feel Kate is the type to have a plan. A well thought out, multi-part plan with well defined goals at each step. She's all business.
But she's also flexible enough to be able to change those plans if something goes wrong(like someone not getting into Kappa Kai).
I'm just curious what that plan would have looked like if the pics of Sarah hadn't been leaked. Maybe she mentioned it and I missed it.
It's true that Kate might have a plan with well-defined goals, BUT IMO her desire for power trumps her goals. Without power, she would be "powerless" to implement them. (Excuse the pun :D )

Reactions: TejGetLix

Bestinian

Nov 3, 2021
In my playthough, this was the impression I got(and I don't do impressions, so bear with me here):
Montecita was more of a last chance/final option for the MC to attend college because if his poor grades/lack of scholarships.
• The MC assumed that Kate and her friends were attending other, more prestigious schools 'in the east' due to their grades/money. etc.

I'm not saying that you're wrong about the point you made; just wondering if I missed something or it this is another thing that the dev might have left unclear.
Well, that also covers Tommy and Amber. Amber chose the school with the expectation that the BS wouldn't be there, and Tommy was shocked as well. At the very least there was an expectation that all of the MCs crew had that the girls would not be here. Even if the MC was wrong, and they always planned to come to this college, then the questions changes slightly, but is still a question. Why did they decide to go to this particular school instead of all going to Harvard or whatever since they all had the grades and money to do so.

Thought I will agree that clarity is a major issue as the game goes on. The opening doesn't really jive with the rest of the game, Annie's backstory timing seems incompatible for example. There are tons of questions that pile up with very few answers.

Reactions: WastedTalent

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
My concerns about this game's story are more modest: what the fuck does the "kai" in the sorority's name stand for?
As far as I know, college fraternities and sororities in the USA take Greek letters as their name. There is no single letter in the Greek alphabet called kai. In fact, in Greek "kai" means "and," so the sorority's name translates as "Kappa And..." :WaitWhat:

Grey Wolf 73

Sep 30, 2018
Why did they decide to go to this particular school instead of all going to Harvard or whatever since they all had the grades and money to do so.
I've been wondering...
Miranda keeps saying that Galen isn't involved in what Kate is doing. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.
But what if the girls chose Montecita, a school in/near the town they all live in, so that they could get help from the family of one of the other girls?

Thought I will agree that clarity is a major issue as the game goes on. The opening doesn't really jive with the rest of the game, Annie's backstory timing seems incompatible for example. There are tons of questions that pile up with very few answers.
Agreed. It's as if Icaruslabs put the game through several revisions without bothering to do a read-through to see if it made sense. Or was in such a hurry to get major plot points in that the supporting text never got written in.
Until I get my AVN finished, I try not to throw such accusations around. Too much...

And I have to admit that Bitch Squad brings back strong memories of another VN I played a long time ago.
Seeing the MC, Tommy and Amber sitting in the MC's dorm room keeps triggering flashbacks, even though I know many devs use common assets.

My concerns about this game's story are more modest: what the fuck does the "kai" in the sorority's name stand for?
As far as I know, college fraternities and sororities in the USA take Greek letters as their name. There is no single letter in the Greek alphabet called kai. In fact, in Greek "kai" means "and," so the sorority's name translates as "Kappa And..." :WaitWhat:
Honestly, I wonder if it's a nod to Cobra Kai from The Karate Kid movies or the Netflix show.

Dreamer44

Dec 19, 2019

No, the first chapter confirmed the squad changed their college choice after high school, which is why the trio is so shocked.

Reactions: Bestinian

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
Does anyone know why this latest update looks so disgustingly compressed in the "FULL Quality" version where it's supposed to look good?

CaballeroOne

May 18, 2018
Wonder how the update is coming, nothing on his patreon since Mid April it seems.
IcarusLab posted this message 4 days ago [13 may 2023] .

«Hi everyone, hope you are getting ready for summer. I'm working on the last few scene renders of EP4. This will be one of the bigger updates if I can get it all together.

Expect an EP4 preview to be posted soon!

I anticipate that the release date for Mega-Bitch patrons will be 5/26.

One of the things I am working on is a hosted playable version of the game that supports all platforms. This would make releases easier to manage and remove the file size limitation for most people. I haven't figured out all of the details yet for how that would work.

I've also had a fair amount of interest in a higher-level membership that would include some custom renders. I am cautious about that because I don't want to commit to things that would take away from the regular development, but I've had multiple people message me about it, so I may roll that out in a limited way starting next month.

On a personal note, I've been slammed with my day job over the past two months. Fortunately, I am through that now and can start being more active again. I've got a couple of things I'll be posting this coming week, so stay tuned!

Icarus»

I can't wait for the next update!

Last edited:

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
The fear of this game is that the effort to make the mc continue to be a loser and then make him grow will take too long and people will get tired of playing a game with a pathetic mc. It's fine to start small and grow, but when we've had updates, I don't know how many updates and the mc hasn't had a single victory yet, on the contrary, the people who are supposed to be with him are also leaving with the bitches give me a bad vibe and I don't know if they are kidding me or if there really is a plan. If so, I hope it won't take long to execute it. People get tired and patrons leave, and getting them back isn't always possible. there have already been several games that when they wanted to straighten out nobody cared anymore

hoshin0119

Nov 24, 2021
He said it would be released on May 26, but today is the 28th and there's still no word. Furthermore, on May 13, he said, "I've got a couple things I'll be posting this coming week, so stay tuned!" but again, nothing has been posted. I'm worried about what's going on with the creator. As I recall, the creator is a hard worker and not irresponsible.

hoshin0119

Nov 24, 2021
They keep saying it's coming soon, but how long will I have to wait? I'd like to know the exact date..

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
They keep saying it's coming soon, but how long will I have to wait? I'd like to know the exact date..
well after the last release there's 3 branching paths now so who knows if all the content for each of the 3 will be released or if it's going to be split into separate updates. I know dev's keep trying to expand the avn structure but really it's like they are masochists or something with these branching paths but from the little the dev has said about the story here I think it's all worked out story wise but the extra renders and workload would be my guess why things have slowed down. I could be wrong there could be real life issues, maybe they have a full time job and this is just a side project who knows... either way it get's here when it get's here all we can do is wait.

BillyPlums

Nov 17, 2021
It's been my experience that whenever a dev (any dev) gives an exact date, 3 seconds after the first time zone to enter the date, someone say "well, they promised Never the 12th, and here it is Never the 12th and it's not here. The dev must be milking us."
Then, if the dev should miss the date due to unforeseen circumstances, someone else will pipe up with "Milker! They promised the 12th of Never and they broke their promise. They're always late".

I'm always happy with a vague estimate, and even postponements with explanations, so I don't have to ignore more people. My list is getting big.
(edited for spelling mistakes ... let me know if you see any please.

Sereni

Nov 16, 2019
public post (patreon)

Hi everyone,
First, let me tell you that I really appreciate the patience that you've shown since the last release. I've been behind my ideal release schedule since then, but I'm working on more content than just EP4. I've got several things I'm working on and am trying to complete them all in a timely fashion.
I have a few announcements to make:
First, the release date of the full EP4 looks like it will be on 6/23 for top-tier patrons. I've had to do some re-work, so that has slowed things down. There are a lot of really important things in this episode since the end of it marks the half-way point in the game. The release will be just a little bigger than the first half of EP4.
Second, I am creating a new dedicated website for the game. This will allow the full game to be played online and is compatible across all devices. You can imagine the effort involved in porting the Renpy based game into a web version. I expect to have the new site up and running with EP1 before the end of this month. That will allow users to play the first episode and will help me test the functionality. The beauty of this is that once the full game is available for online play, future releases will be quicker and easier. New features will also be added to improve the game experience.
Third, I am adding a new Patron tier called "Diva Bitch" that will allow for custom content requests. I have had multiple requests for this option, so I'll make it available in a limited way. I'm going to start with only 4 slots and see how that goes. I don't want the workload to suffer for game development. I'll write up the perks when I post it, but it will be something like an option for a handful of single renders per month, or a custom animation every 2 months. I'll provide more details when it is available. Should be by next week.
Over the next two months we'll really pick up speed. I'm hoping to move to monthly releases soon.
Thanks for your support,
Icarus

3.30 star(s) 55 Votes