Jul 11, 2018
:|

Currently it's a big grindfest towards a message that says "wip, but we'll add more stuff so you can grind more"

The only lewd thing is a 6 line sex scene where you rape a drunk girl that you lured into your den, that I imagine most people are gonna miss and be left scratching their heads. might as well take it out and put "no sexual content" as a tag.

speaking of tags:

interracial: you can change your hairstyle to "asian", "caucasian" or "african american", relevant when raping above mentioned girl, i guess.
oral sex: there is currently no oral sex in the game, unless getting bitten in the arm by someone else is oral sex
pregnancy: there is currently no pregnancy in the game

on the flip side, every character object has at least 206 properties that lets the game track if the male protagonist got creampied in the ass or the vagina, or both. A lot of focus on things that the dev(s) think they might need, without any substantial content that actually needs any of that stuff.

It doesn't look good rn, but I do hope the dev manages to turn this around before strangling themselves in their own spaghetti and then abandoning it.

I don't wanna demotivate the dev though, if you want advice on how to deal with this (very, very common problem) let us know, I'm sure someone here can explain value driven product ownership.

Last edited:

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
A few suggestions:

You should not have to carry hammers, nails, wood, and 12 types of seeds in your inventory.
Maybe those items can be used to build a storage so I dont have to carry all that crap. (and scroll through it every time I open inventory)
Add tooltips or notes so I know how long each crop takes to grow. Trial and error sucks.
For that matter, add an icon when the crops are ready. A small icon next to the "farm" button would do.
More information is needed EVERYWHERE. If we arent going 100% sex simulator, tell us what else we need to focus on.
Why am I scavenging when I can just stay home and farm?
There are various weapons, but no (significant) difference in stats. Except the axe...
Let me actually find other places from the 3 mains...
Like a seed store in farm area specializing in seeds.
Or a sporting goods store in amusement park (for weapons)
Tattoo parlor (for leather jackets)
Ability to (somewhat) reliably find exactly what I need.
Ability to locate the other starting areas in case I want to change home bases (or upgrade all 3) :devilish:
Better than starting brand new from the beginning.

Thank you, some very good feedback and suggestions here. Much appreciated.

The inventory system is something we've discussed. Just the other day we were talking about the need to organize it into categories or similar to make it easier to navigate. It's on our list of improvements to make.

Crop indicators, for time and completion is a really good idea. We're putting that one on our list.

What kinds of information would you like to see? Right now, we've tried to clearly mark story events so they are easy to find and so there is no need to grind to locate them. Are you looking for a hints section? (Bite Me said they plan to do something like that for the next build if there's time) Or something else?

Farming will bring you food, Eventually food will be something you can trade with other settlements, something for Raiders to steal or demand tribute of, that kind of thing. Other resources are going to require you to seek them out. Bite Me was adamant that we present enough materials to maintain a settlement without too much trouble, because we want to avoid people feeling like they have to grind for stuff too hard, but items for upgrading your settlement, or finding people, will be something you need to go out and do. Additionally, as new enemies come into play, there will be story driven reasons to leave your settlement as well.

You are right that there's not a big difference in stats for many of the weapons. A lot of the differences are in the scenes that they proc. For example, a machette will do cutting damage while a baseball bat will do blugeoning damage, and scenes will reflect that. Additionally, ranged weapons are more likely to result in you not being attacked in return so long as someone isn't shooting back. Weapons that don't make a lot of noise might result in more time to loot bodies while noisy weapons like firearms will draw attention to your location so you need to move on quickly before a horde of zombies can arrive. As more weapons are added, there will be additional differences.

And since this feels like a good place to tease it, the world will evolve, become more dangerous with time, so the need to be prepared will become increasingly important over time. The basic roadmap for the dangers we want to explore go something like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There are plans to include locations within regions. A Seed store hasn't come up in conversation yet, but that's exactly the kinds of places we would be looking to add; either places that would have a high likelihood of finding certain resources, or places related to characters or story driven content. We currently have a list of 12 major locations we want to add to the game, and have discussed up to 3-4 secondary locations for each as a possibility.

New regions are something we are hesitant to add right away. It's a significant undertaking to create all the content needed to set an area up, and we don't want to give players a bunch of dead space in the game that doesn't have anything noteworthy to do. So new regions will be added as we have need of them, either due to story driven content or new NPCs being introduced.

Eventually we want to give the option to move your settlement, we just haven't gotten to it yet.

Reactions: caju

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
:|

Currently it's a big grindfest towards a message that says "wip, but we'll add more stuff so you can grind more"

The only lewd thing is a 6 line sex scene where you rape a drunk girl that you lured into your den, that I imagine most people are gonna miss and be left scratching their heads. might as well take it out and put "no sexual content" as a tag.

speaking of tags:

interracial: you can change your hairstyle to "asian", "caucasian" or "african american", relevant when raping above mentioned girl, i guess.
oral sex: there is currently no oral sex in the game, unless getting bitten in the arm by someone else is oral sex
pregnancy: there is currently no pregnancy in the game

on the flip side, every character object has at least 206 properties that lets the game track if the male protagonist got creampied in the ass or the vagina, or both. A lot of focus on things that the dev(s) think they might need, without any substantial content that actually needs any of that stuff.

It doesn't look good rn, but I do hope the dev manages to turn this around before strangling themselves in their own spaghetti and then abandoning it.

I don't wanna demotivate the dev though, if you want advice on how to deal with this (very, very common problem) let us know, I'm sure someone here can explain value driven product ownership.
We openly admit there's not a ton of content for the game just yet. The game is new, give it time.

The reason there's so much code related to each character is because we took the code from the game I have been working on for five years now named Inheritance, we've trimmed the code down a great deal at this point to what we need for this game. Additionally, on the grounds that we're currently working on the female start for the game, protagonist creampies are 100% relevant.

We've been working with this code for quite some time now, what you call spaghetti is actually rather intuitive to navigate and has worked very well for us for a long time now. Since I started my first project, back in 2016, I have three complete projects: The Allure of Wanton Cove, The Puppet Master, and Last Stand of Ra.

Give us a bit of time, you're playing the first public release of what's intended to be a long term project. Much of your criticism above will sort itself over the first few builds.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Thank you, some very good feedback and suggestions here. Much appreciated.
Any information is good... questlog, materials needed to build things, what items are likely found where, etc
The Akane events are obviously well marked and visible but that would be unnecessary with a questlog.
You can make most things into quests... Gathering up a stock of corn or wheat... to collecting the guns or blunt weps.
A small farm is nice and all that, I want a fort to build. I want a moat. I want spikes surrounding the moat.
I want gunports for the future raider battles.
I am also going to need more people to man those palisades.
And Akane is great and all but, the love seems to come very easily and early. What about my other love interests?
When will the medical area be added to bandage the wounded in my camp?
Corn husk bandages arent going to cut it with a disease like the zombie virus!
Where are the chickens and cows on the farm?
I will also need those cowhides tanned in a tannery to make armor.
And a sewing room.
Let's build and ugrade what we just built since we cant change locales.
And 999 more things just jumping around in my head.
Get to work! ;)

hanahsolo

Dec 21, 2018
We'll make it happen. ;)
don't give it him, make him make it until you start giving those to bandits :D

Also to Roadmap: Maybe add chance at if player destroys enough raider camps instead that they get more organized, they get vanish and there starts to be armored zombies. (as if there is not good enough raiders to stop MC, how they can hold of zombies?)

Reactions: damnedfrog

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
don't give it him, make him make it until you start giving those to bandits :D

Also to Roadmap: Maybe add chance at if player destroys enough raider camps instead that they get more organized, they get vanish and there starts to be armored zombies. (as if there is not good enough raiders to stop MC, how they can hold of zombies?)
If you look at the spoilered bit in my post above (Half dozen posts back, three of my own posts ago.) you'll actually see that there are plans to evolve the Raider threat over time. This will be as much in response to the changing Zombie threat as anything the MC and his companions might do. ;)

There are actually plans for human settlements, both friendly and raider, to be put under increased strain as other threats evolve. While we haven't discussed it in detail yet, the idea has been floated that settlements could be a source of mutual defense, or lack of cooperation/help between settlements could result in those settlements being wiped out. But those are longer term goals. Right now the focus is on getting the settlement up and running as intended (Upgrades, defense, population management, etc), getting the first few locations populated with content, some initial NPCs, sex scenes, and other early content.

And since quite a few people have brought up the pregnancy stuff, I was just telling BiteMe that I'm going to make pregnancy/child birth a priority going into the next build

hanahsolo

Dec 21, 2018
If you look at the spoilered bit in my post above (Half dozen posts back, three of my own posts ago.) you'll actually see that there are plans to evolve the Raider threat over time. This will be as much in response to the changing Zombie threat as anything the MC and his companions might do. ;)

There are actually plans for human settlements, both friendly and raider, to be put under increased strain as other threats evolve. While we haven't discussed it in detail yet, the idea has been floated that settlements could be a source of mutual defense, or lack of cooperation/help between settlements could result in those settlements being wiped out. But those are longer term goals. Right now the focus is on getting the settlement up and running as intended (Upgrades, defense, population management, etc), getting the first few locations populated with content, some initial NPCs, sex scenes, and other early content.

And since quite a few people have brought up the pregnancy stuff, I was just telling BiteMe that I'm going to make pregnancy/child birth a priority going into the next build
Just don't make helicopter that starts flying around MC's base long time when it sees survivors, inviting large horde to come and wreck player's base. (That's actual event in Project Zomboid, good thing is that it's 1 time only as most likely when pilot comes down to fuel, s/he is mauled by same horde that helicopter has lead to around map)

Space_Cow99

Jul 26, 2019
To dev ->Bite Me LLZ, I found one bug, which you should fix, which makes people want to stop playing your game.
Settlement creation: non-existent
serious bug is after april your game can't calculate months or time it breaks down. <- I played and then may 1 time doesn't exist anymore.

Other gathering material when you get axe: forestry cutting trees, shovel: digging trench, making lakes secure water sources.
Settlement perks?
Farmland how come there isn't lot of creating bunker, creating storage, and anything helps you for winter?
Winter gets cold, zombies will detect people in winter.
Farmland would be sensible because food,
suburban would not so because it mean people have shovels dig bunker
amusement park: if this anything like disney land there be zombies whenever you tried a ride.
Upgrading would been easier:materials, versus weapon grab.

Bug issue:
Error: <<timebracket>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<print>>: bad evaluation: clock is not defined)
Friday, May 2, You shouldn't be seeing this message please send a bug report to the developer with the time of day attached.

Did not see one sex scene.

Bite Me LLZ

Modder
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Will you add female protagonist?
Planned, and will be worked on soon.

To dev ->Bite Me LLZ, I found one bug, which you should fix, which makes people want to stop playing your game.
serious bug is after april your game can't calculate months or time it breaks down. <- I played and then may 1 time doesn't exist anymore.

Other gathering material when you get axe: forestry cutting trees, shovel: digging trench, making lakes secure water sources.
Settlement perks?
Farmland how come there isn't lot of creating bunker, creating storage, and anything helps you for winter?
amusement park: if this anything like disney land there be zombies whenever you tried a ride.

Bug issue:
Error: <<timebracket>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<print>>: bad evaluation: clock is not defined)
Friday, May 2, You shouldn't be seeing this message please send a bug report to the developer with the time of day attached.

Thank you for the report and the suggestions, we will make sure to look into it.

There is one current sex scene (Where you can Rape Akane.) That said, more sex scenes among other content and fixes are being worked on currently.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Space_Cow99

Bite Me LLZ

Modder
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017

Settlement perks?

Bug issue:

Do you happen to have a save file? Haven't been able to replicate this bug thus far.

Edit:
Have found and fixed the issue, thank you. Will be releasing a fix here soon.

Last edited:

DeMoS666

Jul 30, 2018
I don't know if someone need it, and i even not sure if skills works at all but here save file before starting game with 18 skill points, actually you can add any amount if you save file at creating character in file and change it at saveditoronline
1 save for 18 points 2*9
2 save for max 27 points 3*9
do not invest more than 3 points or it will dissapear(it is maximum)

P.S. IF save is not working on new update (ping me i will update it)
Added version in archives to download easier. you cand download without archives by clicking right mouse button and choose save file as

Updated august 2 added both versions and in archive who have problems to download without

Originally it is only 2 skill point at the start of the game so you can use save 18, in which you can allocate 2 to each skill, and there is with 27 so you can allocate 3 to each skill, decide yourself what you want.

Last edited:

DeMoS666

Jul 30, 2018
What i really do not understan why go to different scenes, i mean create list of items which is possible to collect at current location and add items to the list . It means i only can gather seeds but nothing else, i only can gather food but nothing else, same to weapons. Well it is just grind fest. Also some atems so hard to gather like armor and ranged weapons, only collected enough melee weapons to upgrade. At least some dialogs, some actions from companion, like you returned and companion gathered at least something by herself. As i can understand all scenes done for each wepons, maybe add some random. It take you years writing this scenes for each wepon. And maybe just to work on 1 place for exxample farm, at least some seeds can use and upgrade to farm (Fences different, wood, etc)(to process items and craf something, upgrade weapons).And after this work on other locations and add companions. Just please focus on one location at least.

Righ now this game is empy almost. And no one want to play after 30 minutes of gameplay. No feedback.

It can be very interesting game, but i hope you not copy inheritance, tried once and did not want to touch it ever. I think i understand a little about scenes in game right now. There was annoying thing where scenes just blocked you from something you need to do, etc like you want to buy something for one character in store but it is not accessible from this writed before scenes, where they change each time you enter location. Please don't do it here.

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
What i really do not understan why go to different scenes, i mean create list of items which is possible to collect at current location and add items to the list . It means i only can gather seeds but nothing else, i only can gather food but nothing else, same to weapons. Well it is just grind fest. Also some atems so hard to gather like armor and ranged weapons, only collected enough melee weapons to upgrade. At least some dialogs, some actions from companion, like you returned and companion gathered at least something by herself. As i can understand all scenes done for each wepons, maybe add some random. It take you years writing this scenes for each wepon. And maybe just to work on 1 place for exxample farm, at least some seeds can use and upgrade to farm (Fences different, wood, etc)(to process items and craf something, upgrade weapons).And after this work on other locations and add companions. Just please focus on one location at least.
Yes, the more useful an item is, the harder it is to find, and diffferent regions are more or less dangerous, offer different loot tables so you're more likely to find some things in one area compared to another. Things like seeds and weapons are more likely to be found in the farm region, while suburbia is more likely to provide canned goods, first aid items, or find abandoned police vehicles that might contain body armor. That would make sense in a zombie apocalypse. As time goes on, and we receive actionable feedback, we'll refine the loot tables

We have plans for companions to give bonuses to the player while traveling (Example: Akane will give a combat bonus.), and different characters will unlock new build options in the settlements as well as add bonuses to things like crop growing. We have also had discussions about allowing NPCs to be assigned to scavenging with each one being more or less likely to find specific item types.

Also, as mentioned several times before, this is an early build, it takes time to write content, our A1 build was intended to be playable, to give players a taste of the world and to get some early feedback as we move forward.

For now, we have three locations in the game, this gives options for where to explore, all of which includes some story driven content. As mentioned previously in this thread, the plan is for each of our two team members to focus on one character of their own, and to add new locations only as story driven content is needed in those new locations.

Righ now this game is empy almost. And no one want to play after 30 minutes of gameplay. No feedback.
Honestly, you're the first person who has expressed not wanting to play after 30 minutes. And A1 includes six story driven scenes, one unique encounter in suburbia, and all of the supporting content needed to make that happen.

* Peeks about, watching for the inevitably summoned trolls. *

It can be very interesting game, but i hope you not copy inheritance, tried once and did not want to touch it ever. I think i understand a little about scenes in game right now. There was annoying thing where scenes just blocked you from something you need to do, etc like you want to buy something for one character in store but it is not accessible from this writed before scenes, where they change each time you enter location. Please don't do it here.
You can play the game, see the differences yourself. You will see that location descriptions change based on time of day, but there are no randomly triggered scenes unless you choose to explore/scavenge. Many people enjoy Inheritance, in time we hope many will enjoy Bite Me as well, they aren't being written with the same audience in mind even though there will likely be many who enjoy both. One is a slice of life setting that explores relationships and healing from abuse, the other is an action/adventure zombie game.

This is a very different setting, with a very different format. Yes, we've adopted a lot of the time, location, pregnancy, and character code from Inheritance to give us a stepping stone toward creating content, but that's where the similarities end, and even much of that code has been modified for this setting to more accurately provide us what we need for this game.

As for "Blocking scenes" we talked early in this thread about how all of the story driven content is clearly marked, and is not locked behind any kind of grind. Story driven scenes are a separate link in the locations they appear, and even go so far as to indicate which NPC the scene is related to. These links are even outside of exploration/scavenging scenes so they are not subject to RNG. For example, the very first time you go to suburbia, you can find Akane's first scene and either choose to take that first step into her story, or to do other things and come back later when you feel like starting her quest.

Reactions: DeMoS666

GateKeeper

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
On a side note, got a fix for the clock error some people have reported:

Full download:

HTML only attached below. Should be able to simply drag and drop the HTML within into your current folder.

Sep 19, 2017
Very excited for this game, after reading through the blog i think i am going to wait a while before giving it a shot but know i am looking forward to playing this in the future so don't give up!

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes