That still exists as a feature:

Fighter -> Athletics
Soldier -> Perception
Student -> Agriculture
Mage -> Black Magic
Swordsman -> Charisma
Thief -> Guile
Hunter -> Perception

Keep in mind you still have to pay for the books from the NPCs, they just take up permanent residence in the village. Originally this was the way to get some of the other skills, but a lot of people were not happy with the idea of "sharing" the whole village with anyone else so I added a temporary NPC to the Brothel that sells them on the weekend, thus the usefulness of this feature has decreased somewhat.
That's really cool, having an option like that depending on what people are into. I'm loving all the cool features here, I even found that crystal that spawns when lightning strikes sand!

I actually JUST picked up my first guy, a Fighter, but he didn't give me the option to get a manual. Is that because I already had Athletics unlocked?

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
That's really cool, having an option like that depending on what people are into. I'm loving all the cool features here, I even found that crystal that spawns when lightning strikes sand!

I actually JUST picked up my first guy, a Fighter, but he didn't give me the option to get a manual. Is that because I already had Athletics unlocked?
Pretty lucky with the Fulgurite!

And yeah they wont teach it if you have the skill already.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Is there any consumable item that raises your exp/stats in this game? i've found those several times i've played other ero rpgs made in the same engine so wondering.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Is there any consumable item that raises your exp/stats in this game? i've found those several times i've played other ero rpgs made in the same engine so wondering.
skill books of skills that you already learned grant exp in the category of the skill... i.e. combat, crafting or fused

Reactions: NODOGAN
D

Deleted member 742088

skill books of skills that you already learned grant exp in the category of the skill... i.e. combat, crafting or fused
Also to note, the higher your overall skill level for that particular skill (not specializations), the less exp you will get when reading the book. If you have the option, consider reading books for skills you have lower levels in, you don't NEED to spend the exp right back into that skill.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
so i just need to give my character allot of skillbooks with cheat engine and i can use it to level up skills? if that's all then thanks! i was getting mad at how many tasks my character "didn't knew how to perform"

D

Deleted member 742088

I just crafted 4 Onyx earrings thinking 100% Fear resist, then I still became afearded. Would wearing all 4 stack the effects, or is it capped at 25%?

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
I just crafted 4 Onyx earrings thinking 100% Fear resist, then I still became afearded. Would wearing all 4 stack the effects, or is it capped at 25%?
They don't add up in that way. They are multiplicative. This was not the intended way for them to work though, I did want them to add up to 100% if four are worn, but by default that's not how the engine works. I do plan to make them work correctly in the future, but at the moment this is how it is in regard to all resistances unfortunately.

Reactions: L30

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
9 months since my guide... The project is over 2 years old; simple maths evidence a very concerning timeline for this game. I'll say this out of sympathy for the Rune Factory inspiration:
RPGM Ace is a solid engine, but is tailored to help devs work smoothly and productively. Spending months on little tiles of a 544x416 pixels side map, can't be called productive. FeyRing , if you're reading this, invest in some assets. There are loads of cheap - when not free - RPGM resources: tilesets, sounds, animations... Doing everything on one's own is admirable, yet a lifetime is not enough to build a cathedral single-handedly.

If you need any convincing this isn't a waste of time and money, have a look at NightGames or MGD. These devs delegated parts of the development they knew they couldn't do themselves (in due time, quality and/or quantity) and the results show in their Patreon fundings' curve.
But well, that's just my mostly baseless opinion, from an outsider's standpoint.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
edit/bug: the portable alchemy set checks for VP instead of WP, allowing for free Alchemy when your WP is zero.

Last edited:

planta

Mar 25, 2018
A bunch of QoL suggestions
  • Switch the order of "Approach normal" and "Approach special", at least for the shopgirls.
  • Reorganize the menu. The item list begins Skills, Fetishes, Traits and Diary entries. Fetishes isn't really something you'll need to use very often, Traits are literally unusable and Diary entries have little interest aside from early game. After skills the list should continue with consumables, field and battle items, which you'll actually want to use frequently.
  • Reduce limiting factors. Right now, gameplay is limited by resources you have (items and money), time constraints, VP and WP costs for actions, available skills and randomness.
  • Make paths/walkable terrain more clear. While the first time I ventured in the forest an realized that there was an actual area between the trees instead of solid unaccesible tiles it was an amazing surprise, it does get annoying after a while.

Stuff that may not be as easy due to RPGMaker limitations:
  • Add a music and sounds volume option. The game is extremely loud by default.
  • Stay in the menu after using an item or make a shortcut that does menu -> items ->items in a single key.

Reactions: FeyRing

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
I second all of the above.
Pathfinding and visibility, in particular - I'd suggest adding a toggleable hue to MC and 'sparkly spots' on previously discovered interactable items. (perhaps as a balance measure to the Perception issue I pointed out)
- Add a music and sounds volume option. The game is extremely loud by default.
- Stay in the menu after using an item or make a shortcut that does menu -> items ->items in a single key.
For the former, there are scripts to adjust volume (kinda hard in older RPGMs). As a stopgap, one can use F1 to toggle off the music. Or replace/convert the incriminated audio files.

For the latter... Eshra's hoteys are positively awesome, but the menu itself is not suited to the 10-20 pages of items you inevitably get. Filters and categories are needed.
Since this is bothersome to refactor, I'm using a simple compromise myself: a 'repeat last action' master hotkey.
This way I only have to use Flax seeds once from the menu, then press numpad1 on the other 8-9 spots. This is a low-effort measure, but might satisfy most players' immediate needs.

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I second all of the above.
Pathfinding and visibility, in particular - I'd suggest adding a toggleable hue to MC and 'sparkly spots' on previously discovered interactable items. (perhaps as a balance measure to the Perception issue I pointed out)

For the former, there are scripts to adjust volume (kinda hard in older RPGMs). As a stopgap, one can use F1 to toggle off the music. Or replace/convert the incriminated audio files.

For the latter... Ehra's hoteys are positively awesome, but the menu itself is not suited to the 10-20 pages of items you inevitably get. Filters and categories are needed.
Since this is bothersome to refactor, I'm using a simple compromise myself: a 'repeat last action' master hotkey.
This way I only have to use Flax seeds once from the menu, then press numpad1 on the other 8-9 spots. This is a low-effort measure, but might satisfy most players' immediate needs.
I like the fact that there are many "secret" areas in the wilderness that can be found by straying from the main path and each location host something that makes it worth it... I mean the additional caves in the mines are a good example for that.

In regards to the keys the game already supports asigning hotkeys to items which does exactly what you describe no need for something else doing the same from my point of few

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
In regards to the keys the game already supports asigning hotkeys to items which does exactly what you describe no need for something else doing the same from my point of few
...and it is called Eshra's Hotkeys 2.0 script, that Black Garden uses. :rolleyes:

FeyRing said:
(from itch.io) In regard to sound, the older rpg maker engine were pretty limited in that regard so when I was making it I just set all sounds to max for consistency. I don't think I can do much in regard to letting the player toggle it unfortunately but I'll dig around to see if there are any 3rd party scripts for it.
This one works and is compatible:

At least it does with the part ZirconStorms replaced. I can lower BGM, BGS, etc separately with this. "return to title" gets cut off a bit, so you might want to rearrange the main menu. I can paste the final code here or PM it, just say the word if needed.
edit:it'd look like this, if one removes the unused "Formation"

Last edited:
3.40 star(s) 29 Votes