3.40 star(s) 29 Votes

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
that damn priest who sells the cure curse scrolls. xD
that damn Merchant selling recipe books and coffee beans :rolleyes:
...that damn Student which is the ONLY legit way to learn Agriculture. (Chests don't count)

Like, no goblin in history EVER learnt how to pick up apples, much less cut down a tree. No wonder Lapis is worried about the little dimwits. And if I'm reading the changelog right, I'll need to keep a dagger under my pillow. :whistle:

By the way, as stupid luck would have it, I met a Priest right away, the very moment I got my first gold coin... And I found a thunder crystal lying right beside a beehive moments later. This thread needs the Gacha tag.
And now I realize I'm lacking both Bluebells and Lilies seeds for the new ores... Yeah, right, I'll probably quit. <- all you need is a script to keep track which seeds weren't unlocked, and a NPC or event...

Last edited:

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Where to find student and pumpkin witch?
Student is RNG. It's the invisibilty potion prick Saffron is fond of. Aria's Pamphlet quest boosts NPC generation IIRC, you might want to use that.
Aria's quests only mention the witch, is all? She's not implemented AFAIK, and not necessary to existing quests.

croPath

May 10, 2017
Wow okay, normally RPGMaker games look ugly and uninspired. This one however looks very nice. Probably won't play this because I generally don't like RPGMaker games to begin with. I just wanted to give props to the developer here because they've done a wonderful job
clearly you have not played many RPGM games

Reactions: Evangelion-01

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
...that damn Student which is the ONLY legit way to learn Agriculture. (Chests don't count)

Like, no goblin in history EVER learnt how to pick up apples, much less cut down a tree. No wonder Lapis is worried about the little dimwits. And if I'm reading the changelog right, I'll need to keep a dagger under my pillow. :whistle:

By the way, as stupid luck would have it, I met a Priest right away, the very moment I got my first gold coin... And I found a thunder crystal lying right beside a beehive moments later. This thread needs the Gacha tag.
And now I realize I'm lacking both Bluebells and Lilies seeds for the new ores... Yeah, right, I'll probably quit. <- all you need is a script to keep track which seeds weren't unlocked, and a NPC or event...
You can buy all skills in the brothel on the 2nd floor on Saturdays... atleast for now that's a legit way.
You can find blue bells behind the stone barrier in the Quartz Cavern (the same place the Silver Chest will spawn), sadly for Lily's you'll need to cut down Forest Flowers and hope for RNG God to favor you.
The Pumpkin Witch is not yet included, but she'll be situated West of Arias place based on her description

Reactions: sandsea_urchin

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
clearly you have not played many RPGM games
To be fair, many would-be devs confuse RPGM with a VN engine... And there's also the many ones aiming for some niche fetish, hoping to sell with the very bare minimum amount of work and investment.
We agree in that you don't "play" these - since they go to the trash before you do :ROFLMAO:

Black Garden has good efforts behind it, but setting aside the development speed there's a clear lack of QoL, borderline common sense sometimes. As examples among many:
- obviously, when you pick a book to read at Aria's, you'd put the book back in the shelf if you've already read it... All the more when you're her assistant/husbando and you're the one taking care of the store on top of that.
- this should also be obvious to any HM/RF player, and requires only 2 lines in the scripts:
1651724320321.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: FeyRing

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
Currius is it possible to make lapis pregnant in the beginning of the game?
could see a lot of game changing options depending on how a kid from her turned out later in the game xD
No, but maybe in the future, probably closer to the end of the game though.

@FeyRing I've been (very) annoyed by Lightning, which hardly ever strikes on the map... You can't realistically expect players to ever find a thunder crystal, much less being struck by lightning.
You can actually get 2 Thunder Crystals for submitting a [GOOD] Chart to Aria during one of her quests. It's more manageable now that Mimics drop them too. There aren't that many uses for them.

So, random advice of the day: here's a simple script I wrote that you could use.
I will try this out, but keep in mind, this will increase the chance of you getting struck by Lightning and some people have complained about dying to that before.

Many more 'place on map at random' events could use the same treatment.
Other random generation events don't place stuff outside the borders, they keep cycling through tiles until they find an empty one. I just can't do that for Lightning since it will lag the game a lot. With other events it happens once a day on map loading rather than every few seconds.

PS: also, the hotkey binding needs be integrated in the regular, sortable item menu.
That would be nice but I have no idea how to even approach that... at least right now.

PPS: I forgot. I also edited the combo system. It was breaking when the 1st target dies (like, Equilibrium on Slimes). Now combos will search for the next target, if any is still alive:
This is amazingly useful, it has been bothering me that the combos breakoff if a mob is downed too. Thank you!

Some girls can have sex with other males, how to trigger such things?
Donate male Slaves to the Brothel. Or give Saffron a Slave during her Quest when she asks you to impregnate her, then she will always have a Slave in her home and will fuck him at random... you can even join in and spitroast her together where you choose to take fuck her in the mouth or the back.

If you have male Slaves in the Brothel and ignore Saffron for ~2 weeks (not have sex with her), she will start visiting the Brothel and you can sometimes even find her fucking a Slave there.

If Saffron starts visting the Brothel, you can get a special scene with her if you work there yourself when she comes in as your client.

You can forbid her to visit the Brothel but only if your Affection and Relationship is high enough... but she will start doing it again if you don't fuck her for two weeks.

You can't forbid her from fucking her Slave in her home though.

WHY is there this stupid 99 resource limiter when spending in the style of "20 for 1 thing, which will need 20 more next"?
There aren't that many recipes which require such high numbers. Though if there are specific Recipes which you feel are too much, I am open to hearing about them and potentially changing them :)

WHY can’t you make a quick exit from your house and fast travel
Fast travel is being worked on and will be available in the next major release (Version 0.2.0).

(make a difficult quest for this if you really want everyone to run and roll their eyes at the sight of your cool (FIRST HUNDRED TIMES) screensaver when moving)?
You can turn those sliding pictures off, there is an item called "Extra Options".

WHY are there so many machines with a bunch of INCONVENIENT recipes that you have to jump back and forth from machine to machine? For what?
There are hundreds of Recipes and I rework them from time to time. Some require cross-class crafting. If you think some recipes are too much, then I wouldn't mind hearing some examples, maybe they need a rework.

WHY is it impossible to make normal corners in the house and visible fields for installing machines, after all? And many more "WHY"?
You live in a boulder hut in a Goblin Village, having aquare corners is a luxury. There will be other player houses in the future, some of which will have better corners.

As for visible fields, I haven't come up with a way to make it look right in RPG Maker.

...Seriously, guys, how could you make the most beautiful game with the most awesome music and that's for almost everyone, stylistically already glossy, lovingly polished ... which is SO uncomfortable to play?
It's a work in progress. I have never made any games until now and have no programming knowledge. I'm fixing things up as I go. Unfortunately some things might be impossible to "fix" due to engine limitations. A lot of the QoL changes that exist where submitted by the player base.

I do plan to get my head around Ruby to improve the game through more custome scripts of my own, but it will likely happen closer to game completion when I start to really polish it up.

I only was able to capture 2-3 human beings, they seem to be limited number.
There is no limit, they have a ~30% to spawn once a day on most maps (when you first enter that map that day). They have a lower spawn chance during Rain and don't spawn at Night.

They spawn in random locations on the map, but are more likely to spawn along the Roads.

Is there a way to slow down the in-game clock? and also enable auto-run?
No... though maybe there could be a spell for it in the future. You can toggle Autorun using an Item in your inventory called "Sprint Toggle", you can even bind it to a specific Hotkey of your choice!

Aria has diary about "sex with others", is it implemented?
No. At the moment there is no way as she is kind of Prude. There might be ways to corrupt her in the future, I haven't decided on that yet.

What about buying the book from the Succubus NPC in the Brothel?

Like, no goblin in history EVER learnt how to pick up apples, much less cut down a tree.
They did mention that their dedicated Farmer eloped with one of the male slaves and left the house empty for you!

And now I realize I'm lacking both Bluebells and Lilies seeds for the new ores...
Bluebells have a set spawn location in a small meadow in Crystal Caverns. Lillies I still need to implement a dedicated spawn location for. But you can technically buy those potions from Aria at High Affection as well.

<- all you need is a script to keep track which seeds weren't unlocked, and a NPC or event...
The Randomness of Forest Plants is intentional, but all plants will also have a dedicated spawn location somewhere in game. I think Lillies and Lavander are the only ones left right now.

Pumpkin Witch was voted to be the next story Heroine after the Hellhound, she is not in game yet.

=========================================================
EDIT: ( More posts came in while I was typing)
=========================================================

Black Garden has good efforts behind it, but setting aside the development speed there's a clear lack of QoL, borderline common sense sometimes.
Work in progress!

- obviously, when you pick a book to read at Aria's, you'd put the book back in the shelf if you've already read it... All the more when you're her assistant/husbando and you're the one taking care of the store on top of that.
I sort of agree on this and sort of don't at the same time. Since other people use her shelves too.

- this should also be obvious to any HM/RF player, and requires only 2 lines in the scripts:
I don't know how to write scripts in Ruby yet. But I wll add this in, thank you! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gorainu

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
That would be nice but I have no idea how to even approach that... at least right now.
I'll see if I can do something. I think I had made a fix after my "universal hotkey" script, if you remember. (which I deleted long ago :cautious:) I'll post what I come up with, if I do (not a promise!).
Feel free to share a list of stuff rubbing you the wrong way, script-related. If that doesn't take much time, I'd rather give a little hand, rather than just complain like the average F95 user :LOL:

Gotta help a little devs who try hard, with so many lazy and greedy ones around!
PS: the combo fix only affects skills which are multi-targets (hail strike, etc are not affected)

FeyRing

Nov 17, 2019
I'll see if I can do something. I think I had made a fix after my "universal hotkey" script, if you remember.
I thought it was something like "repeat last used item" or something like that.

Feel free to share a list of stuff rubbing you the wrong way, script-related. If that doesn't take much time, I'd rather give a little hand, rather than just complain like the average F95 user :LOL:
Thank you!

On the subject of the coin display in the script above, does it take into account that merchants buy things from the player at half price or is that the "default" value that is set when creating the item?

On a semi related topic, one thing that I was never able to find (script wise) was a Merchant Script, basically, something that alters sale values in a Merchant based on a Variable. I basically had to set two "Stores" for each Merchant NPC, one that sells items for a fixed price that I set and one that sells them ~20% cheaper.

What I really wanted for the Haggle skill is to alter the price based on skill level. Such as -10% per Level or something similar.

Since I didn't find a script for it, I assumed it might be impossible.

PS: the combo fix only affects skills which are multi-targets (hail strike, etc are not affected)
That's perfect! (y)

Reactions: Gorainu

brorpag

Nov 22, 2020
This game has potential if they use the skeleton of this and remove the absolutely retarded gatekeeping that is the grind. homie noone plays this to farm 30 different experiences.

• Thinking Face

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
homie there are merly 4 kinds of experience classes, and only 2 of them are required to unlock all the important mechanics in the game.
I'd agree that combat exp comes much harder than crafting exp, in my case mainly because the most rewarding battles tend to kill of my Pet Celestial Snail and in order to revive it you need to send it home and hope for another lucky encounter in the Wilds.
Crafting Exp comes naturally while you Upgrade yourself and your gear, you don't even have to leave the Goblin Village and sex exp can be farmed in the brothel as easily

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
FeyRing
Thank you for your replies :) Some more suggestions:
1. Enable, please, 1y subscription option on Patreon. This is win-win situation.
2. Please, add fast-travel/teleport, especially between Goblin village and Aria's house.
3. Every RPG Maker game benefit from optional run speedup or even general engine-level speedup. I used Cheat Engine's speedhack for that, now I use mtool slider.
4. Aria's bed is not considered comfy for Noble. How about fixing that in quest?
5. Saffron's mechanics are quite mature and finished. I agree there is question what to do with Aria. She is Saffron's opposite.
I used some debug tools to have fake profile of her sleeping around. I see you have statistics for her ready, just no code to rise them. I have few ideas:
a) god forbid Japanese-style ideas of: nude photos with blackmail, a debt
b) good idea may be other male of high quality (looks, money, power etc.) visiting her from time to time or any form of competitor.
c) she could have some kind of lost love, fiance, childhood friend etc. who supposed to be e.g. dead or perm-abroad.
d) she could be freshly of age (Tengu biology stuff etc.) and her body needs sex, despite her values
or
e) her culture, believes etc. force her to have sex with "better" male at given date, like fertility ritual or coming of age ritual
f) she could have "sex under necessity" situations, but not f...g blackmail of course. Maybe her daughter is ill, only certain male could help, but he is pervert.
an example: gene/magic diversity/mixing for offspring, her as last member of endangered (sub)species etc. She needs to procreate with various males to prevent inbreeding. Quite easy, understandable, not NTR-forcing (NTR haters could make her having babies with them only anyway), with optional netorase elements (quests to find her best males to procreate, taking care of other man's offspring, option to check or NOT to check (resigning) for paternity etc.). This idea is all-rounder one. Fits to the character (you could describe her as sad and angry because of her situation and responsibility for her species versus her high moral values), NTR optional, quite unique (compared to retarded stuff from 95% of games from DLSITE), easy to implement w/o excessive rewriting.

• Angry
Reactions: FeyRing and Daddums

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
FeyRing
Thank you for your replies :) Some more suggestions:
1. Enable, please, 1y subscription option on Patreon. This is win-win situation.
2. Please, add fast-travel/teleport, especially between Goblin village and Aria's house.
3. Every RPG Maker game benefit from optional run speedup or even general engine-level speedup. I used Cheat Engine's speedhack for that, now I use mtool slider.
4. Aria's bed is not considered comfy for Noble. How about fixing that in quest?
5. Saffron's mechanics are quite mature and finished. I agree there is question what to do with Aria. She is Saffron's opposite.
I used some debug tools to have fake profile of her sleeping around. I see you have statistics for her ready, just no code to rise them. I have few ideas:
a) god forbid Japanese-style ideas of: nude photos with blackmail, a debt
b) good idea may be other male of high quality (looks, money, power etc.) visiting her from time to time or any form of competitor.
c) she could have some kind of lost love, fiance, childhood friend etc. who supposed to be e.g. dead or perm-abroad.
d) she could be freshly of age (Tengu biology stuff etc.) and her body needs sex, despite her values
or
e) her culture, believes etc. force her to have sex with "better" male at given date, like fertility ritual or coming of age ritual
f) she could have "sex under necessity" situations, but not f...g blackmail of course. Maybe her daughter is ill, only certain male could help, but he is pervert.
an example: gene/magic diversity/mixing for offspring, her as last member of endangered (sub)species etc. She needs to procreate with various males to prevent inbreeding. Quite easy, understandable, not NTR-forcing (NTR haters could make her having babies with them only anyway), with optional netorase elements (quests to find her best males to procreate, taking care of other man's offspring, option to check or NOT to check (resigning) for paternity etc.). This idea is all-rounder one. Fits to the character (you could describe her as sad and angry because of her situation and responsibility for her species versus her high moral values), NTR optional, quite unique (compared to retarded stuff from 95% of games from DLSITE), easy to implement w/o excessive rewriting.
Most of your ideas don't reflect the ingame lore and/or Aria's character though.
The MC Can be a Noble, Gorgoues and Virile for example, which makes him the highest quality Partner in all Monster races as it seems.
Aria while affected by her Monster nature is composed enough to leave her instincts as thoughts as her diary reviels.
Humans Call her a Dark Angel and keep running on spotting her.
There is an entire Villlage filled with Tengu, Oni and Kitsune Aria keeps talking about it and her Diary faintly describe her experience from growin up there.
Aria is most interested in skills and intelligence she keeps ignoring the romantic advances the MC might do to her until he has proven both.
And I might be mistaken but by the lore we got so far it seems that the Monster races are all females and use males of other races for procreation... mainly humans

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Most of your ideas don't reflect the ingame lore and/or Aria's character though.
The MC Can be a Noble, Gorgoues and Virile for example, which makes him the highest quality Partner in all Monster races as it seems.
Aria while affected by her Monster nature is composed enough to leave her instincts as thoughts as her diary reviels.
Humans Call her a Dark Angel and keep running on spotting her.
There is an entire Villlage filled with Tengu, Oni and Kitsune Aria keeps talking about it and her Diary faintly describe her experience from growin up there.
Aria is most interested in skills and intelligence she keeps ignoring the romantic advances the MC might do to her until he has proven both.
And I might be mistaken but by the lore we got so far it seems that the Monster races are all females and use males of other races for procreation... mainly humans
MC may be highest quality, but if dev makes her unique gene-wise in any way, one (even superior) partner is worse than 10 sub-superior ones to prevent inbreeding.
She is composed etc. UNTIL she gets to know there is breeding burden on her. Other Tengu's may be sth like last black person on Earth vs all human white. Both are human. She may have e.g. superior wings, innate mana pool needed to maintain magical offspring needed e.g. to fight enemy, etc. Other Tengu may have not-good-enough genes to stop some kind of danger.

and/or

Specific male (or specific group) are only compatible with her to produce offspring needed for greater good.
There may be new NPC "Scholar", wandering professor from university. Very hard to enslave, and Aria could admire him visiting his hut/house from time to time...

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
MC may be highest quality, but if dev makes her unique gene-wise in any way, one (even superior) partner is worse than 10 sub-superior ones to prevent inbreeding.
She is composed etc. UNTIL she gets to know there is breeding burden on her. Other Tengu's may be sth like last black person on Earth vs all human white. Both are human. She may have e.g. superior wings, innate mana pool needed to maintain magical offspring needed e.g. to fight enemy, etc. Other Tengu may have not-good-enough genes to stop some kind of danger.

and/or

Specific male (or specific group) are only compatible with her to produce offspring needed for greater good.
There may be new NPC "Scholar", wandering professor from university. Very hard to enslave, and Aria could admire him visiting his hut/house from time to time...
Given that Aria refuses to have another child before MC raises their current child by maxing the 3 stat bars a breeder instinct is unlikely to be a case.
The lore indicates that Tengu are not that rare that they fear for extinction.
I gues offering another educated NPC to her would hold the potential for a NTR relationship you desire... but somehow this still seems completly off character for the overly zealous and devoted Aria.

CobraPL

NTR PALADIN
Donor
Sep 3, 2016
Given that Aria refuses to have another child before MC raises their current child by maxing the 3 stat bars a breeder instinct is unlikely to be a case.
The lore indicates that Tengu are not that rare that they fear for extinction.
You are repeating yourself so I need to do same:
1. She may refuse to have another child w/o rising last one, be responsible etc. BEFORE she gets to know she needs to breed with other males too. Then, MC may be responsible for rising, other male for breeding.
2. Like I said at least two times, dev may make her unique among her species; I provided multiple examples.

Now, your turn. Suggest "better" solution.

EDIT:
Dev made Aria a decent woman, good MC's seduction target. Long quest chain, nice story, interesting personality etc.
Then he dedicated to spice up the game, adding ntr/challenge/other options - he already added some statistics copied from Goblin and told us he did not decided yet how to add such solution to the game. So I suggested some solutions. And you know what? All of them MUST be about her conflict with her decent personality (maybe with exception of Aria having BF before MC or thinking MC is dead).

It is about making game with more variety and more interesting, allowing MC to prevent NTR ofc.

BTW. Where is oni shopekeeper? I see variables and pictures, how to find her?

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Thinking Face

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
Other random generation events don't place stuff outside the borders, they keep cycling through tiles until they find an empty one. I just can't do that for Lightning since it will lag the game a lot. With other events it happens once a day on map loading rather than every few seconds.
Wasn't there something in-built to help with this? Regions, IIRC, though I dunno how it'd work with on-screen stuff, since it was more for rng battles. -- And I never figured out how Homework Salesman did shop reveal event while I had the trial.

3.40 star(s) 29 Votes