4.60 star(s) 76 Votes

Lucca_Rei

May 6, 2021
Thank you guys for telling me about END D, maybe there is hope after all.

Also, I could've swear black souls 3 was already a thing, bummer.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
If you mean the spoiler then yes. It's the only ending that makes sense but It's highly probably that C end did happen as well. Looping is an in universe mechanic and C end is referenced a few times. However, D end is the only one that would make sense to lead into 2.

Reactions: The Lamb Sauce

YuKandayo32

Aug 13, 2021
Finally finished playing this game after I progress half-way through an ending in Black Souls 2. Despite reading so many "dark"/depressing stories and mangas, I gotta say the author really knows how to nail a heart wrenching, despair filled and soul sucking ending. I truly am regretting not playing this game first instead of jumping straight to the sequel. I hope dude makes more game, and if he did I might aswell go in blind because right now Iam 100% hooked on to the world-building this man had created.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Finally finished playing this game after I progress half-way through an ending in Black Souls 2. Despite reading so many "dark"/depressing stories and mangas, I gotta say the author really knows how to nail a heart wrenching, despair filled and soul sucking ending. I truly am regretting not playing this game first instead of jumping straight to the sequel. I hope dude makes more game, and if he did I might aswell go in blind because right now Iam 100% hooked on to the world-building this man had created.
Red hood woods exists, though it's not anywhere near as good as blacksouls 1 or 2. I'd only recommend it if you really want a little more background for red hood. Dead red hood is upcoming and then there are plans for one more side game before blacksouls 3.

YuKandayo32

Aug 13, 2021
Red hood woods exists, though it's not anywhere near as good as blacksouls 1 or 2. I'd only recommend it if you really want a little more background for red hood. Dead red hood is upcoming and then there are plans for one more side game before blacksouls 3.
Oh God, judging by the side games I think I can assume what the author is trying to pull off into the threequel (if it were to release). Well, I still have alot of endings to go for in Black Souls 2 so might as well do that in the meantime

Gotajarofdirt

Apr 20, 2020
I'm new to the game and I am doing a mostly blind first playthrough. However I've seen a few mentions of princess covenants, what are the advantages and disadvantages of each? I remember seeing how some frog princess drops you down to lv1 for example, but I don't now the benefits of that. I would also like to know the others please

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I'm new to the game and I am doing a mostly blind first playthrough. However I've seen a few mentions of princess covenants, what are the advantages and disadvantages of each? I remember seeing how some frog princess drops you down to lv1 for example, but I don't now the benefits of that. I would also like to know the others please
Benefits are you get a special ring, and sex of course. Some of the rings are better than others but they are powerful. If you're curious you could save before accepting the covenant. Breaking the covenant does not remove the ring from your inventory but you can't carry the rings through ng+.
The downside depends on the covenant. As you know, frog princess will drain your levels. It's not to 1 but it is a fair number of levels. Rapunzel only requires you to find a rose in a desert and she is missable. Snow white requires all the other princesses to be dead. Mermaid requires you to sacrifice one of your companions. Cinderella prevents you from getting A or B end and getting her to offer the covenant in the first place is missable.

Reactions: Gotajarofdirt

Gotajarofdirt

Apr 20, 2020
Benefits are you get a special ring, and sex of course. Some of the rings are better than others but they are powerful. If you're curious you could save before accepting the covenant. Breaking the covenant does not remove the ring from your inventory but you can't carry the rings through ng+.
The downside depends on the covenant. As you know, frog princess will drain your levels. It's not to 1 but it is a fair number of levels. Rapunzel only requires you to find a rose in a desert and she is missable. Snow white requires all the other princesses to be dead. Mermaid requires you to sacrifice one of your companions. Cinderella prevents you from getting A or B end and getting her to offer the covenant in the first place is missable.
Thank you, also does the alpaca do anything? Or required for anything?

Gotajarofdirt

Apr 20, 2020
So I finished the game saw all endings A,B,C, and D also saw each individual girls ending. My question is which is canon ending C or D?

Youtiy

Feb 20, 2019
So I finished the game saw all endings A,B,C, and D also saw each individual girls ending. My question is which is canon ending C or D?
From what I understand they all happened at least once but I think that D is the final ending before 2 takes place

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Yes, she only ever gets one skill and that's from jabberwock at level 99. She has much higher attack than the other companions though so her normal attacks hit pretty hard.

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
To elaborate on that, the Mermaid's Sacrifice actually has an in-game loophole: Just sacrifice Leaf!
Because Fairies do not stay dead, Leaf will only lose a bunch of levels instead so you won't be locked out of ending A.

Also the Frog Princess makes you lose 30 levels (aproximate) when you kiss her. Also finally, you can also enter a covenant with Cinderella (The final boss) and Baphomet (Leader of the Black trial) by finding some short of disguise and doing a bunch of asssasinations quests for each respective person.

TLDR:

Baphomet Favor: (Greatly increases all stats, like +500 all great, but lowers magic by 300 and sets mp to 0)
How to get: Approach her in the Black Trials HQ with 0 sin, do a few of her requests and bingo. (Note: As long as you don't invite her towards the Holy Woods afterwards you can just play the game as normal afterwards, but if you....you'll see.)

Little Mermaid's Favor: (Gives you +50% hp and MP regeneration, but you have to give the life of a +lv99 character, can be loopholed with Leaf as said prevouisly)
How to get: Sacrifice a lv99 ally.

Frog Princess Favor: (Gives you a +50% resistance against Poison, Blind, Silence, Confusion and Disarm but takes 30 levels from you and lowers your luck by 100 when equipped. (The level loss is one time only).
How to get: Just accept her talk about being a prince and kiss her, she's the easiest favor to get.

Rapunzel's Favor: (Gives you a bonus action each turn and massively increases your dodge chance (by +90%) but lowers your speed by 100 when equipped.)
How to get: Find a desert rose to give to her and don't piss her off.

Snow White's Favor: (if I recall her favor makes all physical and magical attacks do half damage to you, which makes you quite tanky with absolutely no downsides other than the fact that her requirement makes it impossible to woo all the princesses. Because either she or all three have to die before you can enter the final dungeon.)
How to get: Kill Frog Princess, Little Mermaid and Rapunzel.

The favors come as equippable rings by the way. And once you have them you can just kill the princesses too if you want to at least have a 'Ring em all' or something similar.

I hoped that helped with the question from who asked it.

Reactions: Lunarius

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
To elaborate on that, the Mermaid's Sacrifice actually has an in-game loophole: Just sacrifice Leaf!
Because Fairies do not stay dead, Leaf will only lose a bunch of levels instead so you won't be locked out of ending A.

Also the Frog Princess makes you lose 30 levels (aproximate) when you kiss her. Also finally, you can also enter a covenant with Cinderella (The final boss) and Baphomet (Leader of the Black trial) by finding some short of disguise and doing a bunch of asssasinations quests for each respective person.

TLDR:

Baphomet Favor: (Greatly increases all stats, like +500 all great, but lowers magic by 300 and sets mp to 0)
How to get: Approach her in the Black Trials HQ with 0 sin, do a few of her requests and bingo. (Note: As long as you don't invite her towards the Holy Woods afterwards you can just play the game as normal afterwards, but if you....you'll see.)

Little Mermaid's Favor: (Gives you +50% hp and MP regeneration, but you have to give the life of a +lv99 character, can be loopholed with Leaf as said prevouisly)
How to get: Sacrifice a lv99 ally.

Frog Princess Favor: (Gives you a +50% resistance against Poison, Blind, Silence, Confusion and Disarm but takes 30 levels from you and lowers your luck by 100 when equipped. (The level loss is one time only).
How to get: Just accept her talk about being a prince and kiss her, she's the easiest favor to get.

Rapunzel's Favor: (Gives you a bonus action each turn and massively increases your dodge chance (by +90%) but lowers your speed by 100 when equipped.)
How to get: Find a desert rose to give to her and don't piss her off.

Snow White's Favor: (if I recall her favor makes all physical and magical attacks do half damage to you, which makes you quite tanky with absolutely no downsides other than the fact that her requirement makes it impossible to woo all the princesses. Because either she or all three have to die before you can enter the final dungeon.)
How to get: Kill Frog Princess, Little Mermaid and Rapunzel.

The favors come as equippable rings by the way. And once you have them you can just kill the princesses too if you want to at least have a 'Ring em all' or something similar.

I hoped that helped with the question from who asked it.
Frog princess' ring is chance to inflict status (on physical attacks probably), not resist. Cinderella's ring gives 100% status resistance. Also, all the rings have a downside which is a small reduction of a stat. Cinderella's is -100 attack, Snow White's is -100 mdf/def, Rapunzel's is -100 speed, Frog's is -100 luck, and Mermaid's is -1000 hp/-100 mp. Notably, no ring decreases matk. If she had been in the game, Sleeping Beauty's might have. Too bad she was cut by Mary Sue.
Baphomet's ring's downside does not include -300 magic, you might have been wearing something else that increased your magic when you checked. I didn't include her in the list because she is not a demon princess, but you are right, you do enter a covenant of sorts with her.
It's not really a tldr if it's longer than the rest of your post, now is it?

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Yeah that's my bad then, almost spread misinformation there.

Glad you rectified though! So the more we know.

4.60 star(s) 76 Votes