Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
The reason Goose is caught is because the pigs need to keep feeding the behemoth.Unfortunately for them, they couldn't keep up with its appetite.
Remember that in the Elysium, souls are basically life force. Loss of souls means death. See Jeanne resurrection scene. When she runs away, you find her caught in lost empire. The way she talks makes it sound like she did intend to give the souls away but maybe she was taken advantage of or something.
Try watching goose's bs 2 dlc 3 scene (service) at 0 sen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
HOLY MOLY!
That's one heck of a revelation you gave me there Phenir, at this point I'll have to call you the Black Souls Lore-master.
Lucky me that I've got a save in both games that let me see those scenes relatively quickly, once that's done. I think I can make a proper short for her. Though I've got no promises on the quality off it being more than mediocre.

Incidentally, how do you make the vaque line spoiler effect instead of the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Never mind, figured it out.

Also thanks for answering. The fact you're taking time out of your day to answer questions about a cool h-game is one I really apreciate. I'll add your name in special thank comment, unless you don't want that.

Huh, I do find it quite funny how the Behemoth has such an involvement in the world though. At least more than most 'is big monster' bosses, the pigs failed to contain the Behemoth, then the Behemoth roams free in the mines, never to be delivered to the princess who wanted it as a pet if slain or more ironically ends up being the demise of said princess. Honorable mention to Helkaiser for being so insistent though. You can meet and kill them in 3 seperate areas irrc. That's called persistence.

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Can you give me the tutorial or something? i don't really know how to use cheat engine
I can't help you with the cheat engine but you could probably try using an online save editor.

I'm more familiar with actual game exploits like killing the forsaken hero in the Holy Forest to take their CRIT ring and then just use multi-hitting magic to utterly wipe most foes for an easy soul farm. Other than that there are some level 1 only runs on youtube if that helps.

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Anyway how is one supposed to enter a covenant with Cinderalla? She's the only girl left who's h scenes I haven't unlocked yet.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Anyway how is one supposed to enter a covenant with Cinderalla? She's the only girl left who's h scenes I haven't unlocked yet.
You need to do Izu's questline first. Find Izu in Fort Ivern before fighting the boss there, then at town of elixir near the church before fighting the boss there, then at the holy forest after 4 princesses but before entering lost empire, finally in the hallway just before Cinderella. After you find him at that last spot, go to the hscene room and change into his form then talk to Cinderella.

Last edited:

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
You need to do Izu's questline first. Find Izu in Fort Ivern before fighting the boss there, then at town of elixir near the church before fighting the boss there, then at the holy forest after 4 princesses but before entering lost empire, finally in the hallway just before Cinderella. After you find him at that last spot, go to the hscene room and change into his form then talk to Cinderella.
Much thanks Phenir, time to play the game again in order to see those events!

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
What does FOG mean? Like FOG 1 or FOG 4.
The fogs are exactly that, the white balls of fogs that you have to pass before fighting a boss or entering a new area with a boss in it. Once you defeat the boss, the game's progress will continue. Basically the more bosses you beat the more time passes.

So FOG 1 is 1 boss defeated and FOG 4 is four bosses defeated.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dharkie29

DumDumTheDummy

May 4, 2022
I Dont Want To Be Negative But Can Anybody Explain To Me Why This Game Is So Great I have Been Playing For 5 Or 6 Hours Now But The Only Thing I Find Really Interested Is The Boss Story And They Are Only 2 Line Of Text Each. SO i Want To Ask Im I Missing Something Here ? Also Boss On Diff 9 Make Me Want To Cry

tentacruel

Feb 2, 2020
I Dont Want To Be Negative But Can Anybody Explain To Me Why This Game Is So Great I have Been Playing For 5 Or 6 Hours Now But The Only Thing I Find Really Interested Is The Boss Story And They Are Only 2 Line Of Text Each. SO i Want To Ask Im I Missing Something Here ? Also Boss On Diff 9 Make Me Want To Cry
This Game Is So Great Because I Said So

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
It becomes much better the further in you get. Don't capitalize every word, it looks horrid.

Reactions: johnson.lv42

itsmebaz

May 7, 2020
Black Souls was an amazing game. Definitely felt like dark souls in this format. Love the lore, didn't expect it to be that enjoyable. Good work honestly

ningen94

Feb 28, 2020
Red Hood did kill Elizabeth once already (she's the last boss of red riding woods). So it's kind of understandable Elizabeth would be pissed.
If you lose to behemoth and continue, it goes on to kill Rapunzel.
Actually, unless I am misremembering, the translation I had was wrong, or the creator retconned this, the boss in her game is her grandmother, who wanted to kill her for killing her husband/her grandfather, not her mother, though I believe the same boss sprite is used. In which case she may hate her for that murder instead, though I always took RRW's world as perhaps being created before BS1's world, in the same way BS2's world is a world created after BS1's ended/reformed, so the RRW boss may have actually been her or perhaps she had little in connection with Red in that game's world, and the relation was only formed in BS1's world.

Also, am I the only one, perhaps because of many comments about RRW, who could not help but interpret Elizabeth's comments of Red being a "failure" as a sort of meta reference/joke(, though not to say the creator necessarily harbors such feelings toward the game, of course; in the sense that they might see many flaws in it compared to their later works and had that feeling exaggerated and turned into a character/character's trait)? I liked it, anyway....

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Actually, unless I am misremembering, the translation I had was wrong, or the creator retconned this, the boss in her game is her grandmother, who wanted to kill her for killing her husband/her grandfather, not her mother, though I believe the same boss sprite is used. In which case she may hate her for that murder instead, though I always took RRW's world as perhaps being created before BS1's world, in the same way BS2's world is a world created after BS1's ended/reformed, so the RRW boss may have actually been her or perhaps she had little in connection with Red in that game's world, and the relation was only formed in BS1's world.

Also, am I the only one, perhaps because of many comments about RRW, who could not help but interpret Elizabeth's comments of Red being a "failure" as a sort of meta reference/joke(, though not to say the creator necessarily harbors such feelings toward the game, of course; in the sense that they might see many flaws in it compared to their later works and had that feeling exaggerated and turned into a character/character's trait)? I liked it, anyway....
If you fight Red hood, she has dialogue about how she can't remember her story well, as if her brain has been meddled with. The story she specifically mentions is "grandpa raped me and grandma died". To note here is that she does not say that she killed her grandmother. I think Red Riding Woods Grandma and Elizabeth might be the same person but with their memories tampered with, or it could be copies like Victoria. In 2, Elizabeth talks about how she been manipulated. It's definitely the same Red Hood though. See Heinrich post I made in bs 2 thread.
If we wanna be really meta, Red hood is considered Mary Sue's first failure. I forget where exactly that's said in which game, or maybe it was in an interview or something. I'm a little too tired right now to go interview hunting.

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
No, other than turning it completely off in the f1 setting. Use your OS volume mixer to adjust the overall volume of the game.
No, there's only fullscreen and normal size. Fullscreen can be toggled using alt + enter or in the f1 setting menu.

Reactions: Debonkers
4.70 star(s) 73 Votes