RPGM Complete Black Souls II - English

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Secretmanguy

Feb 29, 2020
Tried Gun Break the illusion when it's charging the skill ( Purple Book)
It's indeed breakable.
I tried it yet again. Tried Guard Breaking over 40 times. No matter how many times I try to Guard Break him when hes charging up the Purple Book skill, it never works. Do I need something specific in order to Guard Break him? And did you say "Gun Break the illusion"? I've already done that multiple times, too. You can do it once you have the Manslayers Shotgun.

Last edited:

Secretmanguy

Feb 29, 2020
I'm starting my 2nd playthrough and want to get the true ending. Can anyone please point out the thing that i ABSOLUTELY not miss?? I don't want to rely on guide and wish to explore by myself. Thanks.

Btw, what is the condition to trigger the books before boss fight ?.

Edit: like the monster which chases you down the stair at the beginning. When i saw it I immediately sought revenge against it, only to find out later that you need to talk to her to get the true ending.

Getting the true ending is almost impossible your second playthrough without the guide due to their being a bunch of things you MUST do in specific orders, otherwise, you'll be locked out of the True Ending and have to restart. One thing in particular comes from talking to Little Red Riding Hood (The girl from the mirror). She only appears if your SEN is 0 or under and appears by the mirror instead of the monster if your SEN is under 0. You will also have to make sure your SEN is at 100 or 30 at random parts of the game in order to do things correctly and not miss anything that would make you have to restart. So, trying to do this without a guide is gonna take you a LONG time. Also, the condition to trigger books at the start of a battle is to make sure your not hallow (You turn hallow when you die). To remove hallow, use "Scent of a girl" which is a little blue bow from Alice to restore yourself. You CANT summon in fairytales when your hallow.

Reactions: Requiss

dinodna12

Jul 6, 2019
Ok. I've about reached my wits end with the Old King Boss fight after you get to around floor 190 in the Chaos Dungeon. I've fought this Boss and died so many times that I can recall every single attack before he does it. Is it just a glitch that once he reaches his second stage upon making his HP hit zero for the first time, he starts summoning clones that REQUIRE you to guard break them, and yet, my Guard Break never works? Anyone know whats going on? I'll use the normal Guard Break skill and even use the Guard Break skill you get once having the Manslayer's Shotgun equipped as an accessory, which allows you use Guard Break as many times as you want and it not use up a turn. I used probably twenty rabbit pocketwatches and spammed the guard break from the shotgun 21 times. Never works...Any ideas? The attack that needs to be Guard Broken can't be dodged, tanked, revived from or even survived from. Guard Break is REQUIRED.
Have you tried spamming immortality? You can use Requiem or the Serpent God's Blood to make sure you survive even at 0 HP for 2/4 turns respectively.

(you can get unlimited Serpent God's Blood by storing the one given to you with the bear as soon as you get it, then going back and asking for another)

Secretmanguy

Feb 29, 2020
Have you tried spamming immortality? You can use Requiem or the Serpent God's Blood to make sure you survive even at 0 HP for 2/4 turns respectively.

(you can get unlimited Serpent God's Blood by storing the one given to you with the bear as soon as you get it, then going back and asking for another)
The attack ignores immortality. You cant dodge it, tank it, block it, counter it, use immortality, or revive after. You HAVE to Guard Break it. And yet, my Guard Break refuses to work.

Reactions: Kar En Tuk

Secretmanguy

Feb 29, 2020
Keep getting clapped by the crawling ones, any tips?
Haven't went against that boss in months...Umm...Best thing you can do is prepare for a lot of one shots. Since the boss isn't directly coded to give specific attacks at specific times, then good RNG will be of use. Use spells that allow you to become immortal for some time such as Requiem or use Grit to survive at at least one HP. I'll try and give better tips later when I can actually fight it again.

Secretmanguy

Feb 29, 2020
IMG_20200731_002825.jpg This is literally the furthest I can get on the Old King of Chess fight...I get this far by using Gun Break and Pocketwatches...Over seventy times I used Gun Break/Guard Break to get this far...And not one time did I ever manage to break their Guard to prevent their stupid ability attack...I tell you, it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to Guard Break them and it actually work...All it does is damage...What do I do...? I'm completely lost...

Requiss

Mar 21, 2020
View attachment 752872 This is literally the furthest I can get on the Old King of Chess fight...I get this far by using Gun Break and Pocketwatches...Over seventy times I used Gun Break/Guard Break to get this far...And not one time did I ever manage to break their Guard to prevent their stupid ability attack...I tell you, it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to Guard Break them and it actually work...All it does is damage...What do I do...? I'm completely lost...
Can't it die with just chip damage from gun break? I mean if it does, then you can just spam gun and pocket watches and don't let it take turn.

Kar En Tuk

Dec 24, 2019
View attachment 752872 This is literally the furthest I can get on the Old King of Chess fight...I get this far by using Gun Break and Pocketwatches...Over seventy times I used Gun Break/Guard Break to get this far...And not one time did I ever manage to break their Guard to prevent their stupid ability attack...I tell you, it's IMPOSSIBLE for me to Guard Break them and it actually work...All it does is damage...What do I do...? I'm completely lost...
Weird, Since I was fighting him, I saw one Illusion, break it and wait for another one to pop out and break again
After next turn they're dissapear and you can finish the boss for good.
How about you upgrade King Log ( Club +10 ) and attack them ?
If they're break it means your gun break has bugs if not then maybe the code for this boss is broken
I will try fighting him to see how it goes.
Guide from Shinv

1. Restrain Arms: Physical attack. Ignores defense. Inflicts Restraint. Can be dodged.
  2. Despotic Scythe: Physical attack. Hits 4 times. 10% chance for each hit to fail. Cannot be dodged.
  3. Night of Avalon: Dark-element. Hits 4 times. Cannot be dodged or reflected.
  4. Torrent of Magic: Dark-element. Hits 4 times and ignores magic defense. Can be dodged or reflected.
  5. N-Field Gravity: Dark-element. Inflicts Gravity. The damage cannot be dodged, but the ailment can.
  6. Zex Calibur Charge: Charging skill. Break him after he uses this or else RIP.
  7. Despotic Scythe, but this action never actually gets used. This action is skipped if he was broken or if he uses Zex Calibur.
Loop back to Restrain Arms. Restrain Arms is also skipped while he is broken, so he ends up restarting at 2. Despotic Scythe.
  • Snap Fingers: Automatic free action if you have Restraint. Physical attack. Deals negligible damage, but triggers Seed of Death a couple of turns later.
  • Seed of Death: Triggered by Snap Fingers. Deals ridiculous physical damage (almost 8,000,000 on average).
*Restraint and Gravity reduce AGI to 1%. This means he will get multiple turns before you can act, which is lethal when he gets around to ZC.

If you failed to break him, he uses Zex Calibur. This attack removes Requiem (immortality) and deals roughly 1.07 million damage. Rather hilariously, it is possible to survive this if your HP at or very close to the cap of 1,099,998. This means he will actually use Restrain Arms, but most players will never see this.

When his HP would hit zero the first time, he will instead become immortal and enter a state that recovers his HP every turn and gives him a 2x AGI multiplier. In this phase, he will summon mirror images with 900 base atk/mat and 200 agi (6300 atk/mat and 1400 agi after difficulty mod) that do nothing but charge and use Zex Calibur every three turns anybody takes. Your goal is to break each of them as they begin charging. The mirrors die shortly after they fail to cast Zex Calibur. Be careful once the phase ends (after he spawns six mirror images), since the Old King will immediately pick up where he left off.

Last edited:

Kar En Tuk

Dec 24, 2019
Haven't went against that boss in months...Umm...Best thing you can do is prepare for a lot of one shots. Since the boss isn't directly coded to give specific attacks at specific times, then good RNG will be of use. Use spells that allow you to become immortal for some time such as Requiem or use Grit to survive at at least one HP. I'll try and give better tips later when I can actually fight it again.
She deal Max hp per attack so don't try to rush her without buff yourself and teammate first
also weak to Poision,Sleep, Bleed
Stacks attacks buff and try to bleed her when she's in her first form
Then use Blood Edge(From DemonHunterBlade -lv10 Beasthuntersaw0 ( Double Dmg to Bleeding )
Let RRH and PORO do their dmg
You just hold on until her second form then unleash everything you have.
Ring to reduce 20% Physical dmg help, Guard helps with Soul Shield, Knight King Sword with Knight Pride helps too.
Detailed guide from ShinV
HP 700,000 (1,400,000 in 2nd form)
MP 9,999
ATK 900
DEF 100 (300)
MAT 900
MDF 100 (300)
AGI 500 (650)
LUK 800
  • Normal attacks are both Physical and Dark-element
  • Resists Light (0.3x damage)
  • Weak to Dark (1.5x damage)
  • Takes 30% less damage from physical and magical attacks
  • Immune to Stunned and Asleep, 70% resistance to all other ailments
  • Immune to LUK debuff
  • 90% chance to inflict Stunned and Insane per hit on all attacks
  • After you reduce her HP below 1%, she will change forms, gaining the following:
    • Stats are buffed (see above)
    • Normal attacks become Physical and Light-element and elemental resistances are flipped
    • Takes 50% less damage from physical and magical attacks instead of 30%
    • Immune to all status ailments
    • No longer immune to LUK debuff
    • This boss is actually very simple. Just stack Physical, Light, and Stun resist and you're golden. Use your best weapon (the Andor Sword is a pretty safe choice in all situations, but consider swapping to a fully-upgraded Bunker Shield to increase survivability).

If you're fast enough, you can break Alice's Aria, but you don't really need to as long as you're properly managing your HP. It just gives you the Broken damage bonus. Between Insanity and the fixed HP (and MP) damage, your HP will constantly be draining to 1, so make sure to heal to full. Guard against Ultimate Alice Drop and don't break Aria of Love (the status icon is a heart).

There's really not much else to say here besides good luck. You're at the end of the endgame.

Last edited:

Secretmanguy

Feb 29, 2020
Weird, Since I was fighting him, I saw one Illusion, break it and wait for another one to pop out and break again
After next turn they're dissapear and you can finish the boss for good.
How about you upgrade King Log ( Club +10 ) and attack them ?
If they're break it means your gun break has bugs if not then maybe the code for this boss is broken
I will try fighting him to see how it goes.
Guide from Shinv

1. Restrain Arms: Physical attack. Ignores defense. Inflicts Restraint. Can be dodged.
  2. Despotic Scythe: Physical attack. Hits 4 times. 10% chance for each hit to fail. Cannot be dodged.
  3. Night of Avalon: Dark-element. Hits 4 times. Cannot be dodged or reflected.
  4. Torrent of Magic: Dark-element. Hits 4 times and ignores magic defense. Can be dodged or reflected.
  5. N-Field Gravity: Dark-element. Inflicts Gravity. The damage cannot be dodged, but the ailment can.
  6. Zex Calibur Charge: Charging skill. Break him after he uses this or else RIP.
  7. Despotic Scythe, but this action never actually gets used. This action is skipped if he was broken or if he uses Zex Calibur.
Loop back to Restrain Arms. Restrain Arms is also skipped while he is broken, so he ends up restarting at 2. Despotic Scythe.
  • Snap Fingers: Automatic free action if you have Restraint. Physical attack. Deals negligible damage, but triggers Seed of Death a couple of turns later.
  • Seed of Death: Triggered by Snap Fingers. Deals ridiculous physical damage (almost 8,000,000 on average).
*Restraint and Gravity reduce AGI to 1%. This means he will get multiple turns before you can act, which is lethal when he gets around to ZC.

If you failed to break him, he uses Zex Calibur. This attack removes Requiem (immortality) and deals roughly 1.07 million damage. Rather hilariously, it is possible to survive this if your HP at or very close to the cap of 1,099,998. This means he will actually use Restrain Arms, but most players will never see this.

When his HP would hit zero the first time, he will instead become immortal and enter a state that recovers his HP every turn and gives him a 2x AGI multiplier. In this phase, he will summon mirror images with 900 base atk/mat and 200 agi (6300 atk/mat and 1400 agi after difficulty mod) that do nothing but charge and use Zex Calibur every three turns anybody takes. Your goal is to break each of them as they begin charging. The mirrors die shortly after they fail to cast Zex Calibur. Be careful once the phase ends (after he spawns six mirror images), since the Old King will immediately pick up where he left off.
Already tried king log...I think my game is literally bugged since I found other bosses such as the Cheshire one after you go through the white door in dream library and was able to guard break her (Even though she was a one shot for me at this point).

Secretmanguy

Feb 29, 2020
Can't it die with just chip damage from gun break? I mean if it does, then you can just spam gun and pocket watches and don't let it take turn.
They are immortal. I tried killing them by getting their HP down to 1% then used Omniblow so I wouldn't miss and hit them all. Their like the Old King, Immortal until the stage is over. Can only Guard Break, yet mine is bugged.

Kar En Tuk

Dec 24, 2019
They are immortal. I tried killing them by getting their HP down to 1% then used Omniblow so I wouldn't miss and hit them all. Their like the Old King, Immortal until the stage is over. Can only Guard Break, yet mine is bugged.
You may wanna redownload the game and put your save over.
I can gun Break them with Man's Slayer Shotgun no problem.
Weird to have bug break the game like this...

Secretmanguy

Feb 29, 2020
You may wanna redownload the game and put your save over.
I can gun Break them with Man's Slayer Shotgun no problem.
Weird to have bug break the game like this...
I might do that. Thanks for the help. Also, apparently this bug has happened more than once. A user on here made a post around May 1st or something and needed a whole new save file from someone else's game in order to get past the Guard Break Bug not working.

Kar En Tuk

Dec 24, 2019
I might do that. Thanks for the help. Also, apparently this bug has happened more than once. A user on here made a post around May 1st or something and needed a whole new save file from someone else's game in order to get past the Guard Break Bug not working.
Yeah seems like the case, it's in another forum, I read the boss guide from there.
If you need the official game version I can try post it on here.

Pong11

May 23, 2018
Just found the game randomly from dlsite, and thought of buying it. Does the game enjoyable eventhough I didn't play the first game? I know it's a direct sequel, but some of the sequel game does great job explaining what happened in the prequel.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes