RPGM Complete Black Souls II - English

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
was there someting else after i defeated the old king in chaos dungeon ?
should i keep going ?
You can keep going forever and I guess there's better items deeper down but story related, no. Make sure you go down the hidden path on Wailing beach though now that you've beaten the old king.

Reactions: Xeapher

mehmeme

May 8, 2018
How deep is the old king? I reached stage 100 but I got tired of it. Also is there any point defeating all nightmare spirits? And how many are there anyway?

Igls_Unth

Aug 28, 2018
How deep is the old king? I reached stage 100 but I got tired of it. Also is there any point defeating all nightmare spirits? And how many are there anyway?
Old King is somewhere around stage 200? i beat them at level 191 so..
Also for nightmare spirits it is just for the drops so you can just skip them, according to the japanese wiki there are like 21 of them

Reactions: mehmeme

mehmeme

May 8, 2018
Old King is somewhere around stage 200? i beat them at level 191 so..
Also for nightmare spirits it is just for the drops so you can just skip them, according to the japanese wiki there are like 21 of them
Oof, thats gonna be annoying -_-

D

Deleted member 119819

I have a question, I've met tweedledum but I think she ate her sister. I personally believe that siblings, should not eat each other under any circumstances, doesn't matter how tasty that siblings might be. Can I stop her from eating her sister?

Igls_Unth

Aug 28, 2018
I have a question, I've met tweedledum but I think she ate her sister. I personally believe that siblings, should not eat each other under any circumstances, doesn't matter how tasty that siblings might be. Can I stop her from eating her sister?
Yes, as long as you kill JubJub before progress 10, and you dont fuck Dee in-front of the room, Dum wont vore Dee

D

Deleted member 119819

What is progress 10? How can I tell how much "progress" I have?

Igls_Unth

Aug 28, 2018
What is progress 10? How can I tell how much "progress" I have?
Progress is well, your degree of progress, you get progress by killing bosses or doing some specific things like operating the lever to open the place where Bill is, you can check it by seeing the torches at the top of the Dream Library

Also who is JubJub?
The boss of the Sickening Clock Tower, she basically kills the majority of the pledges if she isn't dead by progress 10

D

Deleted member 119819

Aha, that is a really poorly thought through mechanic, I have to say. There is literally no way the player can know that. I thought the torches were just showing how many regions are left to explore.
Like seriously, who would get an idea like that? There was NOTHING in the game even remotely hinting at that. Maybe its because the main character is not the brightest and can only say "muh alice," "muh alice" where is "muh alice."
Now I'm mad.
So now I know what to do, do 9 "story progressions" and then just grind until you hit level 150. No exploration, nothing. Just straight up ignore all the levels, just grind and reach Sickening Clock Tower to beat JubJub.
Who ever is going to ask me about the game, I will tell them thank god there are spoilers, because you should spoiler the game for everybody. Because of this bad mechanic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shinkaishoujo

Jun 13, 2019
The Progress mechanic is furthered by killing certain bosses + a few events, so its not completely unknown.

However, some of the stuff is weird to me as well. Specifically, Marie and the Jack the Ripper events. She was dead, i reloaded to a save that shouldve been after she had already died for other reasons, and for some reason she wasn't dead anymore.

Also it really feels like there should be some way to save the npc in the cathedral basement... he says he needs the Snake God's Blood, and it's possible to get the Snake God's blood, after all. Maybe theres a way to wait for the Snake God to spawn and save him before he goes mad.

Night_fury

Sep 25, 2019
So I am in the chaos dungeon at floor 201, any advise for the black goat. The old king was already beaten now this guy is my new wall.

D

Deleted member 119819

Is there at least some new game plus so I can reduce the grind that is required?

D

Deleted member 119819

The Progress mechanic is furthered by killing certain bosses + a few events, so its not completely unknown.

However, some of the stuff is weird to me as well. Specifically, Marie and the Jack the Ripper events. She was dead, i reloaded to a save that shouldve been after she had already died for other reasons, and for some reason she wasn't dead anymore.

Also it really feels like there should be some way to save the npc in the cathedral basement... he says he needs the Snake God's Blood, and it's possible to get the Snake God's blood, after all. Maybe theres a way to wait for the Snake God to spawn and save him before he goes mad.
Its just generally straight up unfair. The game never ever mentions that you have to kill jubjub before she goes on a killing spree. The game should at least give some hints to that. I just reached jubjub and saw the three girls from the party hanged in the clocktower, if I would not have asked here I would've no clue what even happened.

Happytimes1

Aug 8, 2016
Its just generally straight up unfair. The game never ever mentions that you have to kill jubjub before she goes on a killing spree. The game should at least give some hints to that. I just reached jubjub and saw the three girls from the party hanged in the clocktower, if I would not have asked here I would've no clue what even happened.
Where'd you get to the clocktower from? Just reached the academy and I'm already at 8 progress. I don't want to risk progressing further by exploring in the wrong direction.

Igls_Unth

Aug 28, 2018
Is there at least some new game plus so I can reduce the grind that is required?
New Game plus is actually an important mechanic in this game lul. after 10 progress the white door in dream library is unlocked for the final boss and after that you can start a new game+ from the library

Where'd you get to the clocktower from? Just reached the academy and I'm already at 8 progress. I don't want to risk progressing further by exploring in the wrong direction.
it is going up from the academy, the route is opened from killing the miniboss(?) at the academy library
as long as you dont touch any bonfire the jubjub event won't happen even if you go above 10 progress

D

Deleted member 119819

Okay I think I understand this game now. Get the Greedy Silver Ring, equip it, go to chaos dungeon, grind. I made it from level 150 to 200 in one go...

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
Dude did you even play the first game? If you're playing it blind, you're meant to do multiple playthroughs while changing your actions around to see how it effects the game. You might not know exactly how much progress you have but you should be able to figure out that all the characters start dying when you reach a certain point and from Jubjub's dialogue you should get the idea that that's who you might need to kill. There's lots of hints around too if you look at some of the corpses or even just the fact that she's one of the 4 bosses that Node mentions and the other 3 are pretty harmless.

If you want a game that's linear and makes it very clear where you're suppose to go and what you're suppose to do, an open world RPG is probably not for you. Or just use the walkthrough. And yes it lets you do "NG+" after reaching an ending with your items and levels intact so you can keep trying as much as you like. Get overleveled and rush straight to Jubjub if you want.
You can use the rabbit room to grind really fast too. I'm pretty sure a few trips would get you to max level, then focus on souls and items to make you even stronger.

mehmeme

May 8, 2018
Okay I think I understand this game now. Get the Greedy Silver Ring, equip it, go to chaos dungeon, grind. I made it from level 150 to 200 in one go...
When you kill the fairys in there you get souls in the number of your level*1000, made it to level 999 pretty fast like that lol. Seemed like a cheating mechanic tho

Xtasy

Feb 6, 2019
Is there a way to beat Victoria in the Hanover Abandoned Station without, like, having her eat your heart out?

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes