4.80 star(s) 71 Votes
Feb 20, 2018
So Grimm already killed the old Red Queen and the Old King prior to even BS1?
Seems that way. There was even a reference in BS 1 to the Red Queen being executed during the tea party period. We don't know when the Old King was defeated originally either. Here is an updated old summary of what we know, its not much and leaves more questions then answers
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Alcor_606
Jul 20, 2019
Seems that way. There was even a reference in BS 1 to the Red Queen being executed during the tea party period. We don't know when the Old King was defeated originally either. Here is an updated old summary of what we know, its not much and leaves more questions then answers
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Even more reason looking forward to DLC 3 or BS3 to answer these questions lol also Prickett deserves an ending

Edit: About killing Node in Dream Library, the same applies to the Polar Bear too, killing them only lower your SEN, next time to warp back there they respawn and act like nothing happened

Feb 20, 2018
Even more reason looking forward to DLC 3 or BS3 to answer these questions lol also Prickett deserves an ending

Edit: About killing Node in Dream Library, the same applies to the Polar Bear too, killing them only lower your SEN, next time to warp back there they respawn and act like nothing happened
Agreed on all counts. Prickett being mysteriously gone for all of the true ending was pretty strange considering she was the only base game (IE pre dlcs) heroine who didn't show up at all.

Jul 20, 2019
Agreed on all counts. Prickett being mysteriously gone for all of the true ending was pretty strange considering she was the only base game (IE pre dlcs) heroine who didn't show up at all.
Ah yeah, was assuming it's Node doing that Prickett is gone in Reverse Endings so I was pretty pissed and went out of the way just to kill her...

Though, is there any hint on who the fuck is the Lady monster? among the roster she's definitely the weirdest one, I mean that's the only monster raise your SEN if it below 31 and fighting her will inflict Frenzy right at the start...

Feb 20, 2018
Ah yeah, was assuming it's Node doing that Prickett is gone in Reverse Endings so I was pretty pissed and went out of the way just to kill her...

Though, is there any hint on who the fuck is the Lady monster? among the roster she's definitely the weirdest one, I mean that's the only monster raise your SEN if it below 31 and fighting her will inflict Frenzy right at the start...
Unlikely on Node's part. Both definitely don't get along and mentions of Prickett and Node previously fighting each other (which resulted in Node losing her territory, which Prickett made Queensland on) do come up. But both are powerful enough to largely be in a stalemate most of the time and can't really escalate matters too much as they both have to answer to the true ruler of wonderland (who wants the Queen roles filled). Further, if the theory that both the beast generals to be in DLC 3 are parts of Node, then she can't really afford to directly fight Prickett in her weakened state.

As for the White Ladies? That isn't answered and we can only theorize (barring new DLC information). We know they actually raise your SEN, which seems to be designed to help keep Grimm from realizing the truth. Further supporting that is that they tend to appear in places where he is at definite risk of learning the truth (such as by Prickett's room or the Asylum). Since they seem to be strangely monochromatic and white, they COULD be connected to Node since they favor her color scheme (similarly to Prickett's chess pieces being red), but noone comments. I think they were designed based on Lewis's memories or another of Grimm's component's memories to provoke a terrified response (hence the frenzy), to encourage him to go back into wonderland, stop trying to look towards the waking world and follow the rules of the story once again.

Reactions: Kaizuka Satomi
Jul 20, 2019
Unlikely on Node's part. Both definitely don't get along and mentions of Prickett and Node previously fighting each other (which resulted in Node losing her territory, which Prickett made Queensland on) do come up. But both are powerful enough to largely be in a stalemate most of the time and can't really escalate matters too much as they both have to answer to the true ruler of wonderland (who wants the Queen roles filled). Further, if the theory that both the beast generals to be in DLC 3 are parts of Node, then she can't really afford to directly fight Prickett in her weakened state.
Oh, didn't really dig that deep into the lore, guess I blamed the wrong person...

As for the White Ladies? That isn't answered and we can only theorize (barring new DLC information). We know they actually raise your SEN, which seems to be designed to help keep Grimm from realizing the truth. Further supporting that is that they tend to appear in places where he is at definite risk of learning the truth (such as by Prickett's room or the Asylum). Since they seem to be strangely monochromatic and white, they COULD be connected to Node since they favor her color scheme (similarly to Prickett's chess pieces being red), but noone comments. I think they were designed based on Lewis's memories or another of Grimm's component's memories to provoke a terrified response (hence the frenzy), to encourage him to go back into wonderland, stop trying to look towards the waking world and follow the rules of the story once again.
Guess basiclaly they're more of less similar to Winter Lantern in Bloodborne as they represent what Grimm fear the most right :unsure:

How tf did you guys get to 120 page in 1 day,its amazing! O3O
Kinda just me being active if I'm playing something :p

Feb 20, 2018
Oh, didn't really dig that deep into the lore, guess I blamed the wrong person...

Guess basiclaly they're more of less similar to Winter Lantern in Bloodborne as they represent what Grimm fear the most right :unsure:

Kinda just me being active if I'm playing something :p
Honestly, considering how little Prickett and Node trust each other (combined with Node's dislike of Mabel who Prickett keeps pointing Grimm to), it wouldn't be far fetched if she thought that she could pull it off (probably under the belief it would protect Grimm). She just doesn't seem to be in a position to do so.

Yeah, Winter Lanterns types are my best theory, or a sign of some new horrors to come.

Jul 20, 2019
Guess if Node is innocent regard of Prickett, then Nyalicethotep really have their own reason to kicking Prickett into the sideline entirely, which I guess further concrete the fact that Prickett hold a significant keys to help Grimm turn the table, not just her being Alice 01 :unsure:

Edit: And about Prickett being Alice 01, I still doubt it considering the fact that Mary Sue can kill her easily while she cannot do the same thing to Baphomet/Shub-Niggurath... Or maybe Queens are still inferior to Creators like her?

Jul 20, 2019
i think this is the part of the lore i don't get, who is the crawling one and who is the creators/rulers?
Nyalicethotep is the creator of Wonderland (like an Outer God's own pocket dimension), I think maybe Ruler are Outer Gods govern existing pocket world and Creator are Outer Gods making them :unsure: Mary Sue is one of the Creators, she's fucking talented that her creation strong enough to go against her and to the point she (maybe) nerf'd by other Outer Gods (likely Nodens and/or Nyalicethotep, could even be Prickett considering the girl imprisioned her), while I only remember Node confirmed herself to be a Ruler

richen.piss

Mar 4, 2019
i think this is the part of the lore i don't get, who is the crawling one and who is the creators/rulers?
This game lore is mix with cthulu mystic,so in order to understand some simple thing,try to go through all the outer god name.
Basiclly every outer God want to have sex with grimm so that they can born a powerful generations,i believe Node is one of the outer god

richen.piss

Mar 4, 2019
Aaaaand whts the result having sex with grimm?Look at those who you pledge on wonderland,most of them are strong right?
they are grimm daughter after all,but grimm couldnt accept it and broke.I use the word "most" because some of them arent grimm but invader from outside,mary sue,her creation skill surpass her parents

Jul 20, 2019
There's quite a lot of fiction borrows Cthulhu Mythos elements for their cosmic horror stuff iirc :^ But most of the case just having a surface-level knowledge about the Mythos is enough to enjoys the references :^

Edit: You don't have to remember all the Outer Gods name actually, just the Azathoth (The Blind Idiot/Nuclear Chaos/Demon Sultan), Nyarlathotep (Crawling Chaos/Faceless God), Yog-Sothoth (The Key and The Gate/One-In-All/All-In-One) trio is generally enough because they pops up a lot

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 71 Votes