4.80 star(s) 74 Votes
Jul 20, 2019
After a bit reading into the Sussex Manuscript, I've found an interesting form of Nyarlathotep, which is Ultalathotep, an Elder God who also known as the One Favored by Yog-Sothoth. This canon contribution to the Mythos gain a late influence so it kinda slipped past my radar until recently lol, but if BS2 really go that deep into Cthulhu, this open up another possibility about Prickett's identity.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Truly fascinating, BS2 and Demonbane really made me dig deep into the Mythos. The more I know, the more I appreciate these games.

richen.piss

Mar 4, 2019
After a bit reading into the Sussex Manuscript, I've found an interesting form of Nyarlathotep, which is Ultalathotep, an Elder God who also known as the One Favored by Yog-Sothoth. This canon contribution to the Mythos gain a late influence so it kinda slipped past my radar until recently lol, but if BS2 really go that deep into Cthulhu, this open up another possibility about Prickett's identity.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Truly fascinating, BS2 and Demonbane really made me dig deep into the Mythos. The more I know, the more I appreciate these games.
Congrats you have fallen to the cthulu mystic!I love this game but i wont put so much effort in it,great to see a person madly in love with this game.

Feb 20, 2018
Nice thanks for the hardwork
Glad to help

Word of god says this is true.
A cat wouldn't be the only connection, there is also the post boss dialogue for the puss in boots boss in the chaos dungeon where the last line of the cat is wishing for armor.
I would not have got that. Still haven't encountered puss in boots in the chaos dungeon either. Will update the fairy tale list.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Glad to help

I would not have got that. Still haven't encountered puss in boots in the chaos dungeon either. Will update the fairy tale list.
I was skeptical of such a loose connection but when I asked the dev where knight in armor came from, he said it was a modification of Puss in Boots.

Jul 20, 2019
Some fun info, I think the Golden Mead items originated from a Cthulhu-based card game called Lovecraft Letters, which usage is to extend one's perception of the World and to see the unseen, in BS2 the mead cause Frenzy, described as when Grimm seen what he fear most (in Sedative flavor text).
Chesire Cat could have a little bit reference to Cats of Ulthar, a story about a village in Dreamlands named Ulthar (not Ultalathotep other name, Ulthar). That village forbid cat-killing because there was once an old couple love killing felines and got eaten by other cats. Like the way Chesire hates Alice for being killed many times and always eat her up in Ending C :unsure:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Does Cheshire hate Alice (crawling one)? I was under the impression she was just playing her role as the final obstacle between Grimm and Alice and doesn't particularly hate or like crawling one since Cheshire already died. And it's not like it's impossible to kill Cheshire.

richen.piss

Mar 4, 2019
Some fun info, I think the Golden Mead items originated from a Cthulhu-based card game called Lovecraft Letters, which usage is to extend one's perception of the World and to see the unseen, in BS2 the mead cause Frenzy, described as when Grimm seen what he fear most (in Sedative flavor text).
Chesire Cat could have a little bit reference to Cats of Ulthar, a story about a village in Dreamlands named Ulthar (not Ultalathotep other name, Ulthar). That village forbid cat-killing because there was once an old couple love killing felines and got eaten by other cats. Like the way Chesire hates Alice for being killed many times and always eat her up in Ending C :unsure:
oooh,thanks for the cheshire cat theory~ appericate it

Jul 20, 2019
Does Cheshire hate Alice (crawling one)? I was under the impression she was just playing her role as the final obstacle between Grimm and Alice and doesn't particularly hate or like crawling one since Cheshire already died. And it's not like it's impossible to kill Cheshire.
It's more about retribution for the what the cat killer done. The summary is quite short, but the full story is, a traveler too got his cat killed and he invoked a ritual to manipulate other cats in Ulthar to eat the old couple, so perharps it does not neccessary mean those cats actually bear grudge, but they're made to do so.
A little expansion, in Lovecraft's tales cats embody the attraction to horror/madness, which might be referrenced as how Grimm need to be insane (have SEN) to see Chesire.

4.80 star(s) 74 Votes