4.80 star(s) 71 Votes
Jul 10, 2019
I just break him normally tho ( with gun break ) ?
Maybe there are stat requirements ?
Can't really help much here
About the images, yeah u need to outspeed them and break them after they cast black aura
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not willing to disregard the possibility, but I should be meeting any sort of stat requirement. My best guess would be a story requirement, seeing as I've made no progress in the story line beyond talking to Marie at the pub. But that seems really weird to me.

Could you give me your loadout? That might be the key here.

Diorus

Nov 10, 2017
Also i completed g ending,but there is no secret zip archive,i even checked it with everything and set to show hidden filles,but there is still no secret zip,some help?

TeamHentaiX

The Dark Side loves Da Booty + Naughty OoOooo
Uploader
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
I hate the fact enemy respawn instead of just staying dead lol

Diorus

Nov 10, 2017
What progression?
After every boss you kill(well,the boss after fog)the world progress in time,let's say you can talk with Holmes only on 1 progresion(e.t.e after killing rabbit boss) but can't after the second(e.t.e killing any boss after fog)

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Hmm, Can i get into dream library without dying? i would like to get some levels and stuff. Basically i shuffled through the town and mental ward but it looks i am stuck on level 1 till i die and light bonfire over there.

Jul 10, 2019
Hmm, Can i get into dream library without dying? i would like to get some levels and stuff. Basically i shuffled through the town and mental ward but it looks i am stuck on level 1 till i die and light bonfire over there.
Go to your key items. Black Ash can be used to take you to it, at the cost of all the souls you're currently holding.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
that's 6k+ souls though - a lot for level 1 to loose. oh well =-=
Just die to an enemy close to a bonfire and warp back to the bonfire to pick up your souls.

I'm not willing to disregard the possibility, but I should be meeting any sort of stat requirement. My best guess would be a story requirement, seeing as I've made no progress in the story line beyond talking to Marie at the pub. But that seems really weird to me.

Could you give me your loadout? That might be the key here.
There's no story progression requirement. You're probably trying to break him at the wrong time, or you aren't dodging the gravity ailment (inflicted by N-Field Gravity) that massively slows you.

Reposting a cleaner version of the Old King guide, with some details and added tips.

Chaos Dungeon - Old King Boss Guide

Last edited:

Ragsmu

May 22, 2018
Nah that's all natural. and i have the item. just was wondering if it can be done without dying.

Jun 20, 2018
Nah that's all natural. and i have the item. just was wondering if it can be done without dying.
Yes it can but you need to get to Queensland to get to the chaos dungeon as theres a door at the entrance that goes the basement and from there you can enter the dream libary. But if you die after reaching the libary you will still be sent to the library due to it being your first death.

Good luck trying to get to Queensland at level one without cheating or dying.

Jul 10, 2019
Just die to an enemy close to a bonfire and warp back to the bonfire to pick up your souls.

There's no story progression requirement. You're probably trying to break him at the wrong time, or you aren't dodging the gravity ailment (inflicted by N-Field Gravity) that massively slows you.

Reposting a cleaner version of the Old King guide, with some details and added tips.

Chaos Dungeon - Old King Boss Guide
I actually just did it. I don't know what it was, because I do remember breaking whenever he was charging, but it finally started working once I took a break and came back. Either way, I'm happy and thanks for the guide.

Just for fun, I'll transcribe my stuff for comparison.

P.S. Mabel a Best.

--

Edit: It should be noted that my strategy was very simple: Requiem and Acrobat Avoidance were the only defense I relied on, and I basically just spammed the hell of them and the cannon via Rabbit's Pocket Watch whenever I wasn't whittling his health down with Kazenagi. Buffs in play were Omniblessing and Phalanx.

That is to say, my health was essentially irrelevant to the fight beyond a resource to use the skills of my weapon.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019
Yes it can but you need to get to Queensland to get to the chaos dungeon as theres a door at the entrance that goes the basement and from there you can enter the dream libary. But if you die after reaching the libary you will still be sent to the library due to it being your first death.

Good luck trying to get to Queensland at level one without cheating or dying.
Actually, you don't need to reach Queensland to get to the Chaos Dungeon. You can open the door in the Dream Library after defeating a boss. Proof: me, having just beaten the Old King, and having only killed the Headhunter Rabbit.

Also, I totally would try out a No Death run, but that's mostly hampered by the simple fact that reducing SEN to 0 before crossing the bridge without doing so is extremely difficult.

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes