4.80 star(s) 71 Votes
May 7, 2021
I see, how about the Wand of R'lyeh where do you find that? Kinda need it for Florence since I'm stuck on her atm.
It's a drop from Cheeky Oyster in the Oysters' Rotted Sea (that bitch giving you 99 polluted fish to distribute).
As for Florence, she's retarded strong on higher difficulty levels, feeble and double action + spell spam to kill her asap is kinda the only way I know to win against her. black wave helped a lot. Then again, I'm stupid overleveled, 30k base stats.

Reactions: JNR-Kun

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
This game... that DLC3 fucked me up hard, especially Mabel.

10/10, would, and will, play again.

And thank god magic got over powered again, just like old BS1. There is not a single boss apart from unis that cannot be killed with just spells and spiritual unity. I played through the game on diff 9 fully, and fuck, even GG wasn't as hard as unis to beat, she's the only one that requires very specific build to kill solely because of the system debuffs (c'mon, giving player God's Angel and disabling unavoidable attacks for those crucial enemies was a dick move tbh).

But I fucking love it, easily sank over 100h just for BS2.

Here are my builds:
BS1 was magic meta because of the sorcerer's staff+10 + all black goat rings or dusk crown rings, instakill everything even on top diff (ofc with reckless warrior ring).

BS2 has now magic meta because of the retarded strong spell "Catherine's Wheel", which is counted as unavoidable psychical attack. With awakening it single-shots 90% of the bosses on max difficulty (each blade deals 1.7kk~ damage on crit with max magic stat (power within, blessing, awakening, Old King's Ring etc.).
And there comes the king of the stage: Wand of R'lyeh +5
Basically use max black rabbit setup for action, then simply spam Wheel + Unity (sounds like cheese, but so is DLC3 as a whole in terms of fights)
Only nurse (fuck system debuffs), unis(fuck system debuffs), prince (fuck him in particular) and some of the GG phases require something else.

oh, and the black wave, spell that does 15% of enemy's max hp as a dmg has CD:50, which ofc can be reset with unity too. so with just 7 resets (14 turns in total) you can kinda evaporate any enemy, no crit, modifier, buff needed. Just those 2.

Before DLC3 magic was weak AF, anchor was the meta for reliable damage and survivalbility (as far general build can go, boss specific builds+techniques will always be better, no matter what), I was trying to get one reliable setup, but got nowhere with the results on my first gameplay. Now it's the tits!

Chaos Dungeon is interesing, idk about the mechanics, but at floors 250+ started to get DLC3 spells, and weapons. There is also Mary's wand as a weapon, which I couldn't find in the game yet, quite interesting weapon. Still useless junk in comparison to WoR+5 and magic build.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can't really call magic meta depending on a spell that's not a guaranteed drop. It's a really strong spell though yeah. Physical also has really stupid stuff (that doesn't take 10 turns like frumious wrath) and is easily accessible. 100% crit chance kishingatana, han's, deadman's blow, blood edge, weakpoint stacking, helbreath sword, zex sturm, and storm ruler.
Magic's not that bad though I think. I tested all damage numbers of every attack I had (which was all of them except like black wave and chaos explosion which are % anyway) and the numbers it did were about on par with the weapon attacks. Some notable ones were soul discharge, soul stream, tearing grudge(deadman's blow for magic and can be gotten near the start of the game, just don't use it with 0 mp) and late game brings ice pillars which can combo with frozen missile and ruinous arrow rain for a finisher. Also can't believe you didn't mention chaos explosion. It does % hp damage that can crit and is affected by elemental weakness. That means it can one shot literally anything. It's a really rare drop in chaos dungeon though.

It's supposed to be a challenge, how far you can get, how strong can you become before you succumb to the dungeon. All it takes is to not being able to run away from a single mimic to die, thus it's a constant danger rollercoaster. But it's possible to get very far, need to be lucky with items in the chests tho (deviledge, spells, potions)
Space time dungeon is kind of garbage to be honest. I tried it and found even the beginning bosses to be overtuned for the stats you start with. Pinocchio does huge damage and he attacks several times. The three pigs move faster than you, debuff your agility, and can one shot you with their charge attack before you get a chance to break them. Aladdin will summon an enemy with max agi that spams aoe heals three times a turn making him unkillable. But it doesn't matter because you can skip them for no penalty besides not getting their souls and the chests behind them.
Outside the boss fights, the dungeon is just tedious since you can save at boss fights to retry if you somehow die after skipping. Mimics aren't very threatening since you can actually evade them. Since even basic enemies are really strong compared to what you start with, the main source of souls is the grey fairy which does not appear very often. That means its entirely possible to get into the lower depths without being able to increase your level that much or being able to upgrade weapons or buy consumables. It just boils down to a test of your ability to avoid fights which isn't fun at all imo.

May 7, 2021
You can't really call magic meta depending on a spell that's not a guaranteed drop. It's a really strong spell though yeah. Physical also has really stupid stuff (that doesn't take 10 turns like frumious wrath) and is easily accessible. 100% crit chance kishingatana, han's, deadman's blow, blood edge, weakpoint stacking, helbreath sword, zex sturm, and storm ruler.
Magic's not that bad though I think. I tested all damage numbers of every attack I had (which was all of them except like black wave and chaos explosion which are % anyway) and the numbers it did were about on par with the weapon attacks. Some notable ones were soul discharge, soul stream, tearing grudge(deadman's blow for magic and can be gotten near the start of the game, just don't use it with 0 mp) and late game brings ice pillars which can combo with frozen missile and ruinous arrow rain for a finisher. Also can't believe you didn't mention chaos explosion. It does % hp damage that can crit and is affected by elemental weakness. That means it can one shot literally anything. It's a really rare drop in chaos dungeon though.
Didn't find the chaos explosion yet. I agree that I overstated importance of magic on behalf of a random found spell. But I still sway towards magic in terms of damage/turn while maintaining versatile equipment (prickett's ring, black rabbit ring, maybe some resistance ring etc.).
On diff 9 I was never able to recreate the damage (that I found is essential to fight some bosses before they kill us, without using specific builds) I did with spells when I experimented with weapons, even while keeping diverse attack techniques (limitation from cooldowns) or even switching equipment for that matter, still generates smaller damage output with equipment maxed stats. Soul stream, soul discharge (normal and heavy), ruinous storm (weak, but available) - all of them deal heavy damage multiple times solely based on user's magic stat, where weapons either provide user with a single techique and require more specific equipment setup and this is why I noted "as far general build can go" (while I rather meant a versatile build, my bad). Though indeed, some of the weapons are dope, han's was the only weapon I was able to kill unis with so far, imma change that fact once I get to replay.

Thank you for the insight and corrections, I'll definitely try to reshape my view on the lore to come to the same/similiar conclusions. I was missing some important facts it seems.

Space time dungeon is kind of garbage to be honest. I tried it and found even the beginning bosses to be overtuned for the stats you start with. Pinocchio does huge damage and he attacks several times. The three pigs move faster than you, debuff your agility, and can one shot you with their charge attack before you get a chance to break them. Aladdin will summon an enemy with max agi that spams aoe heals three times a turn making him unkillable. But it doesn't matter because you can skip them for no penalty besides not getting their souls and the chests behind them.
Outside the boss fights, the dungeon is just tedious since you can save at boss fights to retry if you somehow die after skipping. Mimics aren't very threatening since you can actually evade them. Since even basic enemies are really strong compared to what you start with, the main source of souls is the grey fairy which does not appear very often. That means its entirely possible to get into the lower depths without being able to increase your level that much or being able to upgrade weapons or buy consumables. It just boils down to a test of your ability to avoid fights which isn't fun at all imo.
I agree, even the standard chaos dungeon in itself becomes a boring speed cheese after a while, space-time's mechanic at that make it even less interesting considering the RNG and the difficutly of the bossfights you mentioned.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
His charge up attack is dual element. The first part is fire and does % hp damage, about 30% of your hp total. Not really any point in gearing against this I think since I think it ignores resistances. The second part is light so you can equip some light resistant gear. There's a shield and a ring that each give 50% light resistance. Not sure if it's physical or magical though. And of course there is the standards for bracing against a big attack. +10 knight sword gives you a skill that reduces all non % damage taken by 50%. There's also phalanx, defense buffs, stone skin, soul shield+guarding. Just be aware that after he uses it, he can continue to fire the laser without preparation and can even charge up again for the fire breath+laser combo.
His health in this form is not nearly as high as the previous form. You could aim to end the fight in one go and just ignore his charge attack. Buff up your attack with attack buffs(king's order is great for the crit chance), phalanx, madness, self-mutilation, and resins then whip out +10 hans or if you're able to survive long enough, frumious wrath.

Oct 17, 2017
Mc,npcs and story releated the first one ? im thinking of playing this without playing the first game but dont know if im going to understand a shit or not

May 6, 2021
so i got jub jubbed and reloaded a save from 2 hours prior, killed queen of heart's guards and got to enter the duchess' house, idk how progression works,
im at the butcher
Do i still make it to jub jub in time or do i just have to start a new save?

Also any tips on how to kill butcher his oneshot attack is kinda bs

c.o.w

Jan 5, 2018
so i got jub jubbed and reloaded a save from 2 hours prior, killed queen of heart's guards and got to enter the duchess' house, idk how progression works,
im at the butcher

each time you kill a boss behind a fog, the progression counter goes +1, but only if you interact in a bonefire, after progression +10 jubjub do her thing if she is not killed or imprisioned, about the butcher, ask for help, probably you are dead and have a debuff, hollow, use a scent of a girl to be alive and interact with a book near the boss, you will summon a fairy tale to aid you

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
im at the butcher

Butcher has instant death. One of the nightmare spirits in the slaughterhouse drops a ring that prevents instant death and critical hits, top tier ring always wear it. If its not instant death that is killing you, I suggest using knight sword to reduce his attack and buff your own defense with iron candies if you have any or phalanx or stone skin (old knight soul) or the brass knuckles skill which is from a corpse near the elevator in billingsgate market.
It's impossible to know how much progression you have just from what you told. You can check exactly how much you have by looking at the torches above the door in the library dream. There's 3 bosses between you and Jub Jub at the moment: Butcher, Dean, and Bright Star. Also, Edith if you haven't beaten her yet. Like c.o.w said, your progression is checked when you rest at a bonfire(activating one is ok I think but if you want to be on the safe side, just ignore them) with a bonfire. So you could go straight to Jub jub without resting at one.
Additionally, besides defeating bosses progression also increases by: pulling the lever in the crypt of the cathedral, getting past the guards of the rose garden (which you did), entering upper ludwidge which is past foggy park, and talking to Alice in spore forest at 0 progression.

May 6, 2021
I don't wanna get spoiled but i did savescum after seeing my pledges dead so i managed to kill jubjub by not touching a single bonfire

Do you get a different ending if you kill her and not doing anything else in specific

I kinda dont wanna do another playthrough but i already did things that i wasn't supposed to until later playthru so i just wanna know

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
None of the endings depend specifically on jub jub's status. B end would be difficult to get without doing something about her though.

vusun123

Sep 13, 2017
I don't wanna get spoiled but i did savescum after seeing my pledges dead so i managed to kill jubjub by not touching a single bonfire

Do you get a different ending if you kill her and not doing anything else in specific

I kinda dont wanna do another playthrough but i already did things that i wasn't supposed to until later playthru so i just wanna know
Jub Jub is 100% worth killing, along with Jabberwock. Keep Bandersnatch covenant though (very useful), she's an idiot, you can kill her before choosing the endings if you like.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
yeah, killing jub jub at least once is 100% worth it for the convenience item she drops. If you don't like killing her, you can imprison her in later runs to prevent "that"

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes