4.80 star(s) 75 Votes

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
What a strange twist, the reason I was originally having problems with DLC 3 was because my stats weren't high enough. The stats required to beat Ending G do not match with DLC 3. Now that I've upped my stats substantially and replayed it, it's far easier. You're EXPECTED to inflate your stats. There I was sitting at a stat base of 7000 thinking I'm good to go since I can easily beat most difficulty 9 enemies. There's bullshit enemies and tactics regardless. Making requiem 100% unreliable, 'unavoidable attacks' 100% avoided, enemies with guaranteed huge % damage, and other things is just utter nonsense. Gimmicks and artificial difficulty. I hope this isn't his future approach to difficulty.
"hurr you're just to used to statwalling everything" - Guy who literally did just that

Last edited:

JustTK2

Dec 10, 2021
Okay, instead of the Resurrectionist's Ring. How about the Ring of Draconic Blessings? The one that automatically revives you and has a 75% chance to break. I remember sometimes I would stack that ring alongside my buffs. Also, try using the break action when the Old King charges his attack, if you haven't already.
thats double insta kill hits, i still died after receiving

JustTK2

Dec 10, 2021
iirc there is a item called angel ammor that let you receive 2 times right ?
how do i get it ?

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
i guess imma give up
He can be stunned. Combine bonus actions if you haven't already with a high stun weapon.. The anchor is a good choice since it has high stun and you can use indignation to add another action per turn.
iirc there is a item called angel ammor that let you receive 2 times right ?
how do i get it ?
DLC 3, dropped from the mandatory boss Nurse Call. It actually has an 80% chance of revival. It'll just keep reviving you so long as you're lucky.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
DLC 3, dropped from the mandatory boss Nurse Call. It actually has an 80% chance of revival. It'll just keep reviving you so long as you're lucky.
Wait, really? I thought it will revive until it runs out after a certain number of revives?

JustTK2

Dec 10, 2021
He can be stunned. Combine bonus actions if you haven't already with a high stun weapon.. The anchor is a good choice since it has high stun and you can use indignation to add another action per turn.

ik that he can be stunned but as soon as he entered stage 2, he cant be stun anymore and his shadow keeps using insta kills
in short : i died because his fkn shadow kept insta kill hit

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
Wait, really? I thought it will revive until it runs out after a certain number of revives?
No, 80% chance per death. I've had it revive me 10 times in a row during a fight and others its revived me only once. That said, there are enemies that it doesn't work on (again with the random unreliability for '''difficulty''') and those are Winter Bell Wind's falling damage attack (they specifically want you to use the cat's ring for whatever reason) and the "angel" girl in the nursery.

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
ik that he can be stunned but as soon as he entered stage 2, he cant be stun anymore and his shadow keeps using insta kills
in short : i died because his fkn shadow kept insta kill hit
And you know to "break" the mirrors?

Edit: That's probably what's happening. So when he summons his shadow reflections and they start doing... whatever it is they do, use a break action. They will be stunned and then instantly die on their next turn. Keep doing this for all of them while still attacking the boss to keep his health low. Once all the reflections are gone, he'll lose his immortality and you can finish him off easily if you keep his health low.
Yes, it's an unexplained gimmick.

Last edited:

JustTK2

Dec 10, 2021
And you know to "break" the mirrors?

Edit: That's probably what's happening. So when he summons his shadow reflections and they start doing... whatever it is they do, use a break action. They will be stunned and then instantly die on their next turn. Keep doing this for all of them while still attacking the boss to keep his health low. Once all the reflections are gone, he'll lose his immortality and you can finish him off easily if you keep his health low.
Yes, it's an unexplained gimmick.
ohhhhh thank you for the information bro but im in new cycle for end G XD,
edit: is gun break counted as a "brake action" ? because it only does dmg
edit2 : nvm im dumbass, it needs >100 sen and mine is 99

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
ohhhhh thank you for the information bro but im in new cycle for end G XD, btw why cant i get wizard of oz tales ?
You need to be at Sen 100 to access it in the mental ward, else you'll just see a bunch of ruins.

edit: is gun break counted as a "brake action" ? because it only does dmg
It should count. Just make sure to do it when the little book icon pops up on the shadow reflection.

Last edited:

StolenSweetroll

Jan 21, 2022
Is there a condition for the King with Donkey Ears fairy tale summon to spawn. Im following the guide and The book isnt here.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Is there a condition for the King with Donkey Ears fairy tale summon to spawn. Im following the guide and The book isnt here.
Make sure you aren't hollowed. Use a girl's scent if you are.
"hurr hurr you're just mad cuz bad" I beat it already and I still think it's bullshit. Does that offend you that someone believes your nippon master fucked up on this DLC even after they beat it?
When I said Stormruler 2.0, I'm referring to the gimmick weapon you use in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 3 (and to the extent of Elden Ring). At no point does it make sense in the context of this game to assume I meant the one in Black Souls 2.
Example of bullshit: In those groups of ghouls, they will with 100% certainty each hit you with a 50% attack no matter your evasion, guard, defense, or whether you have requiem (which is pretty much fucking useless because now you don't know when it will work, it's unreliable now). If two of them are still standing or unstunned, you're dead unless you use one of three things from the DLC. Wall of Flesh, the Whittle Ring (which is why I make an example of it), or the Guardian Angel. You could say "Well why don't you just instakill them all lol" and then I'll spit it back at your face that that requires a stat wall. It's artificial difficulty. You also 100% need bonus actions in this DLC, flat out. There's no way of getting around it anymore. The same enemy is guilty of this since you need to dispel their requiem first and you WILL die if there is any more than one of them.
Revisit what I said, if Dark Souls were to add an area that just throws everything out the window and introduces enemies that can go through guard/rolling and do percentile damage, it'd be fair to immediately call bullshit on it as the typical formula to approach things has been changed to make things """"""hard"""""". This area is vastly different from the rest of the game with its approach to difficulty. I would consider your first run of the game without a guide as hard. The DLC is just bullshit. The enemies do not follow the rules of the game there, which makes it feel entirely unfair if you die. Do you have attacks that chunk off 30-50% of health automatically? No, at most you get 10%. Do you have a requiem that can't be dispelled? No. Can you hit the enemy 18 fucking times in a mix of lightning, physical, and percentile damage like Onimusha? No. Can you make their healing damage them? No.
But you know why I don't mind when they disable items? Because I know at the very least the enemy can't chug two flasks down every turn either even though they have 10x my hp.

I also want to point out that there is a stat cap anyways. So there was no reason to not just base the enemies around the stat cap achievable by the player (or just have them scale) rather than throw all this nonsense in.
Bruh, even sl 1 grimm can one turn those zombies. You could also just avoid them. By dlc 3, you should have black rabbit ring, if not multiples of it, and duchess covenant. The rest of your gear can be devoted to magic stuff. That gives you three actions, buff up with items, dispel on the first action, soul showerx2. Unless you got tricked by the angel. Notice how I didn't use anything from the dlc? It's not stat walling if you can do it without any grinding whatsoever.
Chaos explosion does 25% of the target's hp, also it can crit, also it's affected by their fire resistance meaning you can one shot any enemy in the game only stopped by phase changes. There's also the attack from giant's sword which does 25% of their current hp and black wave I think it's called which does 15% I believe. If you have more than a handful of turns, you can easily do half an enemies hp bar by just cycling mind unity and black wave. As for onimusha, you can do damn near the same thing with hans and throw in some black waves and chaos explosion. What enemy has a requiem that can't be dispelled. The only enemies I can think of that use requiem are the zombies and the soldiers and neither of those are undispellable.
Stat caps are unreasonable to balance around. Expecting the player to farm the boss rush like 20+ times would be retarded and the difficulty is adjustable anyway so going beyond the base difficulty would be ridiculous.

What a strange twist, the reason I was originally having problems with DLC 3 was because my stats weren't high enough. The stats required to beat Ending G do not match with DLC 3. Now that I've upped my stats substantially and replayed it, it's far easier. You're EXPECTED to inflate your stats. There I was sitting at a stat base of 7000 thinking I'm good to go since I can easily beat most difficulty 9 enemies. There's bullshit enemies and tactics regardless. Making requiem 100% unreliable, 'unavoidable attacks' 100% avoided, enemies with guaranteed huge % damage, and other things is just utter nonsense. Gimmicks and artificial difficulty. I hope this isn't his future approach to difficulty.
"hurr you're just to used to statwalling everything" - Guy who literally did just that
Maybe you aren't aware, but there is a hints file in the game folder that outright tells you that you may want to get 10k+ stats for DLC 3. The developer tweeted to the same effect before the release of the dlc as well and I believe he also said it would be harder than the deepest depth of the chaos dungeon which is harder than difficulty 9. Also do note that Lingeriena sets the difficulty to 9 if you don't accept her salvation on the first meeting. Not that it matters since it's possible to at least clear up to Lorde sl 1 on diff 9.

StolenSweetroll

Jan 21, 2022
Make sure you aren't hollowed. Use a girl's scent if you are.

Bruh, even sl 1 grimm can one turn those zombies. You could also just avoid them. By dlc 3, you should have black rabbit ring, if not multiples of it, and duchess covenant. The rest of your gear can be devoted to magic stuff. That gives you three actions, buff up with items, dispel on the first action, soul showerx2. Unless you got tricked by the angel. Notice how I didn't use anything from the dlc? It's not stat walling if you can do it without any grinding whatsoever.
Chaos explosion does 25% of the target's hp, also it can crit, also it's affected by their fire resistance meaning you can one shot any enemy in the game only stopped by phase changes. There's also the attack from giant's sword which does 25% of their current hp and black wave I think it's called which does 15% I believe. If you have more than a handful of turns, you can easily do half an enemies hp bar by just cycling mind unity and black wave. As for onimusha, you can do damn near the same thing with hans and throw in some black waves and chaos explosion. What enemy has a requiem that can't be dispelled. The only enemies I can think of that use requiem are the zombies and the soldiers and neither of those are undispellable.
Stat caps are unreasonable to balance around. Expecting the player to farm the boss rush like 20+ times would be retarded and the difficulty is adjustable anyway so going beyond the base difficulty would be ridiculous.

Maybe you aren't aware, but there is a hints file in the game folder that outright tells you that you may want to get 10k+ stats for DLC 3. The developer tweeted to the same effect before the release of the dlc as well and I believe he also said it would be harder than the deepest depth of the chaos dungeon which is harder than difficulty 9. Also do note that Lingeriena sets the difficulty to 9 if you don't accept her salvation on the first meeting. Not that it matters since it's possible to at least clear up to Lorde sl 1 on diff 9.
Thank you

Secretmanguy

Feb 29, 2020

Just to follow up on what you said, and for those who feel like giving unnecessary bashing, this game isn't bullshit by the stuff added in. As everything added in has a counter. Enemy has too much defense? Take some time to explore and uncover percentage based attacks that ignore that. Having trouble fighting an unnecessary enemy? Run past it. Those zombies your referring to aren't meant to be fought. Enemies are doing percentage based attacks, making the grind you just said you NEEDED for DLC3 useless? Get the Whittled Ring or increase your speed so Requiem can take affect as it does work, your just dying quicker than your able to keep it casted. Your character can't attack eighteen times in a row? Get the God's Angels weapon that stacks attacks overtime, and when paired with rings that increase your hitcount, you could verywell be hitting 21 times on each of your turns. If none of that works for you cause it's added into the third DLC, then how's about you do the one thing Dark Souls and BlackSouls has shown you and RUN. Anyone remember a certain fish you were encouraged to RUN past in the first DLC? Otherwise it would use a 100% "percentage" based attack negating HP? No? Huh, seems like people aren't paying attention and wondering why stuff is so supposedly hard. Also, Dark Souls has areas that throw out the rules, anyone forget about the Jailers in Dark Souls 3? Don't matter if you ROLL or GUARD or how much HP you have, just them staring at you drains your Max HP. How do you get passed it? RUN. Simple enough or do you need help? If so, get the boost speed item from Dodo that increases your speed when out of combat.

Reactions: Bugs03 and Necro434

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Just to follow up on what you said, and for those who feel like giving unnecessary bashing, this game isn't bullshit by the stuff added in. As everything added in has a counter. Enemy has too much defense? Take some time to explore and uncover percentage based attacks that ignore that. Having trouble fighting an unnecessary enemy? Run past it. Those zombies your referring to aren't meant to be fought. Enemies are doing percentage based attacks, making the grind you just said you NEEDED for DLC3 useless? Get the Whittled Ring or increase your speed so Requiem can take affect as it does work, your just dying quicker than your able to keep it casted. Your character can't attack eighteen times in a row? Get the God's Angels weapon that stacks attacks overtime, and when paired with rings that increase your hitcount, you could verywell be hitting 21 times on each of your turns. If none of that works for you cause it's added into the third DLC, then how's about you do the one thing Dark Souls and BlackSouls has shown you and RUN. Anyone remember a certain fish you were encouraged to RUN past in the first DLC? Otherwise it would use a 100% "percentage" based attack negating HP? No? Huh, seems like people aren't paying attention and wondering why stuff is so supposedly hard. Also, Dark Souls has areas that throw out the rules, anyone forget about the Jailers in Dark Souls 3? Don't matter if you ROLL or GUARD or how much HP you have, just them staring at you drains your Max HP. How do you get passed it? RUN. Simple enough or do you need help? If so, get the boost speed item from Dodo that increases your speed when out of combat.
Requiem actually doesn't work for those zombies, they remove it. And I was trying to show that you can beat them easily without relying on items that were introduced in the dlc like he claimed. But yeah, running is probably the best option. Really I don't bother with random encounters at all in the game since they aren't really worth the time spent. You can just avoid them or use twins covenant to make sure you can run away.

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
That's actually why I liked DLC3 despite all the difficulty. It made me have to change my tactics up. I imagine what a lot of people ended up doing toward the end of DLC2 is massive stat-boosting and using the same old tactics for pretty much every boss. For me, I relied on defending, buffing, and countering with Miranda's Axe. That kind of tactic didn't work so well in DLC3, because you can't damage soak hits. They always deal % based damage. Finding out that I can equip Whittled Ring and other gear to mitigate this stuff was great. And some of it was stuff I never used, but kept just in case. Usually in a lot of games, all that keeping turns out to be useless. This game proved me wrong.

I think when people say that DLC3 was a sudden difficulty spike, they would be both right and wrong. I'd say they're right that a lot of rules were changed to boost difficulty, but I'd say they're wrong about the difficulty being a sudden spike. Each DLC was a gradual introduction of unfair mechanics for the player to learn about and then work around. (Admittedly, I bet a lot of us probably wouldn't have realized enemies in the game could do stuff like %-based damage without someone informing us.) DLC1 introduced enemies that could oneshot you, so you learned that if you couldn't overgear yourself, you had to mitigate damage, buff up, and find any way to prevent damage. By the time we get to DLC2, we've already gotten used to enemies dealing insane amounts of damage, not dying right away to our overgeared attacks, and tailoring our gear for specific opponents. DLC2 was full of learning opportunities, just as it wasn't difficult to oneshot most of the enemies. By the time DLC3 came around, the difficulty spike should have been expected. DLC3 is a lot of trial and error. It's unfair, and that's the point, but it also forces you to earn your ending. For me personally, experimenting with different items helped me understand my opponent, and so when I finally beat a boss, it was a tiring but good feeling.

Reactions: Bugs03 and Necro434
4.80 star(s) 75 Votes