4.80 star(s) 75 Votes

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
how to get white rabbit ring
how do i find UNIS or LION
The White Rabbit Ring can be received after completing the lengthy task of shelving every single fairytale book in the library. There are some missables, so having a walkthrough can help you keep track.

You can find both of these characters in DLC3. You'll come across a certain adventurer who explains the bloody aftermath of a battle. You then have a choice to make - you can either join up with Lion after heading north, or you can head south to join up with Unis.

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
I'm sorry but man... He really laid the artificial difficulty on thick for this DLC. Some enemies that always hit, do % damage, and some cannot be blocked/dodged? Really thought he changed his mind after Onimusha since it pigeonholed you into very specific setups but fuck man.
From a gameplay perspective its really terrible. Imagine if in dark souls they added an area where your vigor, armor and defense doesn't matter one bit and all the enemies can attack you straight through your i-frames and 100% pierce your block.
Really sad the idea of difficulty has taken a hard turn into gimmick fights. I don't need to be told "oh to kill them you just need to do this this and this" I already know, I just feels like it's more pigeonholing. A new area in the game shouldn't make 99% of the existing gear obsolete with the introduction of % damage reduction gear and such.

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
there are 3 succubus sisters, VICTORIA, THE BRUTALIZING ANGEL and the one who STABBED YOU...
4 sisters. Victoria is the original gore lover with 3 stepsisters imitating her, Lingereina, Kitty Fisher (doesn't appear), and Courtisane (the one that stabs you in the scene)
I'm sorry but man... He really laid the artificial difficulty on thick for this DLC. Some enemies that always hit, do % damage, and some cannot be blocked/dodged? Really thought he changed his mind after Onimusha since it pigeonholed you into very specific setups but fuck man.
From a gameplay perspective its really terrible. Imagine if in dark souls they added an area where your vigor, armor and defense doesn't matter one bit and all the enemies can attack you straight through your i-frames and 100% pierce your block.
Really sad the idea of difficulty has taken a hard turn into gimmick fights. I don't need to be told "oh to kill them you just need to do this this and this" I already know, I just feel like it's more pigeonholing.
You have no idea what gimmick means. If you want to see a gimmick fight, try fighting any of the post game bosses in asylum. Specifically, there is a boss that forces you to defend every couple turns or you just lose. Not even because you take damage but because in this specific fight defending increases the time limit.
By the time you get to DLC 3, you play just like any other player. Stack buffs, one shot boss. The domains are there to force you to change up your strategy and the %hp damage prevents bosses from becoming completely trivial regardless of how high your stats get.
Maybe you prefer stat checks you can just grind past though. I'm sure there are plenty of idle games out there for you to watch numbers grow in.

Reactions: Necro434

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
4 sisters. Victoria is the original gore lover with 3 stepsisters imitating her, Lingereina, Kitty Fisher (doesn't appear), and Courtisane (the one that stabs you in the scene)

You have no idea what gimmick means. If you want to see a gimmick fight, try fighting any of the post game bosses in asylum. Specifically, there is a boss that forces you to defend every couple turns or you just lose. Not even because you take damage but because in this specific fight defending increases the time limit.
By the time you get to DLC 3, you play just like any other player. Stack buffs, one shot boss. The domains are there to force you to change up your strategy and the %hp damage prevents bosses from becoming completely trivial regardless of how high your stats get.
Maybe you prefer stat checks you can just grind past though. I'm sure there are plenty of idle games out there for you to watch numbers grow in.
You have no idea what you're talking about. Beat the game, DLC, all that. You're just ready to spit polish and shine on this particular knob like a tool. Most of the gear prior to the DLC becomes bunk as you switch to specific items only in this DLC in order to not instantly get obliterated. So what do you call fights that need a very particular setup and/or item to beat? A gimmick. As I said before your reading comprehension took a fall in the shower, I don't need to be told what to do, I just don't like that the option is restricted to switching to new items because all previous tactics now fail. Remember in Black Souls you had to parry/dodge at specific moments? This DLC tries to re-add that but the execution is poor because you weren't wearing the ring of Storm Ruler 2.0 with the armor Storm Ruler 2.0 and the weapon Storm Ruler 2.0.

Oh you're tired of taking 50% damage no matter what? Should be wearing this 20% damage reduction ring as that's the only way to not get immediately 2 shotted! I've been a fan of this game possibly longer than you and I know when I need to stop polishing the dev's knob at some point.

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
i cant open it and i dont know where red hood or memories of alice
To start, immediately after killing the headhunting beast you need to set your SEN to 0 and then exit the boss room to the bridge. Red Hood will pop out of the mirror rather than the typical beast. Your madness makes you see Red Hood as an enemy if your SEN is >0. This will start the G ending progression where you need to talk to Red Hood at a number of bonfires (still at 0 Sen) listed in the post above me. You also need to touch the balls of fire which are the memories at certain locations as well, also listed in the post above. They require 0 Sen. Finally, get leaf's ring. When you beat the game and start anew, do not skip the prologue and when prompted to pick sister/daughter/mother, cancel and a new option will appear.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
You have no idea what you're talking about. Beat the game, DLC, all that. You're just ready to spit polish and shine on this particular knob like a tool. Most of the gear prior to the DLC becomes bunk as you switch to specific items only in this DLC in order to not instantly get obliterated. So what do you call fights that need a very particular setup and/or item to beat? A gimmick. As I said before your reading comprehension took a fall in the shower, I don't need to be told what to do, I just don't like that the option is restricted to switching to new items because all previous tactics now fail. Remember in Black Souls you had to parry/dodge at specific moments? This DLC tries to re-add that but the execution is poor because you weren't wearing the ring of Storm Ruler 2.0 with the armor Storm Ruler 2.0 and the weapon Storm Ruler 2.0.

Oh you're tired of taking 50% damage no matter what? Should be wearing this 20% damage reduction ring as that's the only way to not get immediately 2 shotted! I've been a fan of this game possibly longer than you and I know when I need to stop polishing the dev's knob at some point.
It's called being prepared and I'm saying it's nothing unique to DLC 3. Butcher wants you to have resurrectionist ring equipped. god's fish wants you to have 100% evasion without using dodge, how you achieve that is up to you. Neither of these put a stop to the tried and true buff stack and one shot though. Nurse call at least forces you to spend turns on buffing. Florence has two phases, the second of which stops you from relying on healing, including no turn cost flasks. If you didn't stat wall her, you also need to figure out how you're going to recover in the first phase as well if you decide to cheese the second phase. It just sounds like you're mad that after an entire game and 2 dlcs, you now have to play slightly differently when the dev assumes you have everything at your disposal and is free to design bosses around that assumption.
There are still loads of useful items from the main game that aren't replaced in DLC 3. Jabberwock's scythe ( and not just for florence), knight's sword, gungnir, hans, bunker blade, elemental resistance shields and rings, resurrectionist ring, black rabbit ring and many more. One fight is the definition of using old items to win or die. Apparently though, you just automatically assumed the new stuff was unequivocally better because the number on the DLC was higher. If you want to make the claim that the new items are required for the DLC 3 fights, you should give an actual example instead of being vague. I am 100% certain though that I could beat the DLC without using any of the items it introduces.
The fact that you bring up storm ruler of all things shows your inexperience with the game. Storm ruler's special attack isn't even that strong compared to something like blood edge or hans (which is found in the same place but no one mentions how godly it is), neither of which get a replacement in DLC 3. Everyone uses it though because it's easy to get and makes grinding easy. Grinding so they can easily stat wall any boss.
Whittled ring isn't even useful. All the % hp damage attacks bar one do less than 100% damage total before you get a chance to recover. You're talking out of your ass. If you died to a % hp attack (while having 100% health), it's because it also did regular damage which, shocker, you could guard against. That one attack I mentioned? It's a breakable attack so even in that case whittled ring is useless.
Being a player longer (whether you are or I am) has nothing to do with being able to appreciate the gameplay. I'm not saying the game is faultless either. Most items not taking turns is terrible with how useful items are and makes me wonder why some status effects like silence even exist. Status affliction and break being reliant on literal luck is terrible. The damage values on magic skills are almost across the board half or worse than just chaining the strongest physical attacks. Unis is a terrible fight because even with 4 +3 sniper rings and gungnir, you can still miss.

JustTK2

Dec 10, 2021
To start, immediately after killing the headhunting beast you need to set your SEN to 0 and then exit the boss room to the bridge. Red Hood will pop out of the mirror rather than the typical beast. Your madness makes you see Red Hood as an enemy if your SEN is >0. This will start the G ending progression where you need to talk to Red Hood at a number of bonfires (still at 0 Sen) listed in the post above me. You also need to touch the balls of fire which are the memories at certain locations as well, also listed in the post above. They require 0 Sen. Finally, get leaf's ring. When you beat the game and start anew, do not skip the prologue and when prompted to pick sister/daughter/mother, cancel and a new option will appear.
thk you

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
how do i kill old king in phase 2
-edit: i always lose when he is in phase 2
I honestly don't remember. I think it was something about using a ring that nullifies instant kills. Phase 2 is also about being able to mitigate as much damage as possible while you avoid attacking the orbs. Sorry, I don't have a comprehensive guide for you on that fight. That's a fight I just turtled against with defensive buffs, defending, and evasion(?).

JustTK2

Dec 10, 2021
I honestly don't remember. I think it was something about using a ring that nullifies instant kills. Phase 2 is also about being able to mitigate as much damage as possible while you avoid attacking the orbs. Sorry, I don't have a comprehensive guide for you on that fight. That's a fight I just turtled against with defensive buffs, defending, and evasion(?).
that ring suck it doesn't help much

Crestrial

Mar 15, 2019
It's called being prepared and I'm saying it's nothing unique to DLC 3. Butcher wants you to have resurrectionist ring equipped. god's fish wants you to have 100% evasion without using dodge, how you achieve that is up to you. Neither of these put a stop to the tried and true buff stack and one shot though. Nurse call at least forces you to spend turns on buffing. Florence has two phases, the second of which stops you from relying on healing, including no turn cost flasks. If you didn't stat wall her, you also need to figure out how you're going to recover in the first phase as well if you decide to cheese the second phase. It just sounds like you're mad that after an entire game and 2 dlcs, you now have to play slightly differently when the dev assumes you have everything at your disposal and is free to design bosses around that assumption.
There are still loads of useful items from the main game that aren't replaced in DLC 3. Jabberwock's scythe ( and not just for florence), knight's sword, gungnir, hans, bunker blade, elemental resistance shields and rings, resurrectionist ring, black rabbit ring and many more. One fight is the definition of using old items to win or die. Apparently though, you just automatically assumed the new stuff was unequivocally better because the number on the DLC was higher. If you want to make the claim that the new items are required for the DLC 3 fights, you should give an actual example instead of being vague. I am 100% certain though that I could beat the DLC without using any of the items it introduces.
The fact that you bring up storm ruler of all things shows your inexperience with the game. Storm ruler's special attack isn't even that strong compared to something like blood edge or hans (which is found in the same place but no one mentions how godly it is), neither of which get a replacement in DLC 3. Everyone uses it though because it's easy to get and makes grinding easy. Grinding so they can easily stat wall any boss.
Whittled ring isn't even useful. All the % hp damage attacks bar one do less than 100% damage total before you get a chance to recover. You're talking out of your ass. If you died to a % hp attack (while having 100% health), it's because it also did regular damage which, shocker, you could guard against. That one attack I mentioned? It's a breakable attack so even in that case whittled ring is useless.
Being a player longer (whether you are or I am) has nothing to do with being able to appreciate the gameplay. I'm not saying the game is faultless either. Most items not taking turns is terrible with how useful items are and makes me wonder why some status effects like silence even exist. Status affliction and break being reliant on literal luck is terrible. The damage values on magic skills are almost across the board half or worse than just chaining the strongest physical attacks. Unis is a terrible fight because even with 4 +3 sniper rings and gungnir, you can still miss.
"hurr hurr you're just mad cuz bad" I beat it already and I still think it's bullshit. Does that offend you that someone believes your nippon master fucked up on this DLC even after they beat it?
When I said Stormruler 2.0, I'm referring to the gimmick weapon you use in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 3 (and to the extent of Elden Ring). At no point does it make sense in the context of this game to assume I meant the one in Black Souls 2.
Example of bullshit: In those groups of ghouls, they will with 100% certainty each hit you with a 50% attack no matter your evasion, guard, defense, or whether you have requiem (which is pretty much fucking useless because now you don't know when it will work, it's unreliable now). If two of them are still standing or unstunned, you're dead unless you use one of three things from the DLC. Wall of Flesh, the Whittle Ring (which is why I make an example of it), or the Guardian Angel. You could say "Well why don't you just instakill them all lol" and then I'll spit it back at your face that that requires a stat wall. It's artificial difficulty. You also 100% need bonus actions in this DLC, flat out. There's no way of getting around it anymore. The same enemy is guilty of this since you need to dispel their requiem first and you WILL die if there is any more than one of them.
Revisit what I said, if Dark Souls were to add an area that just throws everything out the window and introduces enemies that can go through guard/rolling and do percentile damage, it'd be fair to immediately call bullshit on it as the typical formula to approach things has been changed to make things """"""hard"""""". This area is vastly different from the rest of the game with its approach to difficulty. I would consider your first run of the game without a guide as hard. The DLC is just bullshit. The enemies do not follow the rules of the game there, which makes it feel entirely unfair if you die. Do you have attacks that chunk off 30-50% of health automatically? No, at most you get 10%. Do you have a requiem that can't be dispelled? No. Can you hit the enemy 18 fucking times in a mix of lightning, physical, and percentile damage like Onimusha? No. Can you make their healing damage them? No.
But you know why I don't mind when they disable items? Because I know at the very least the enemy can't chug two flasks down every turn either even though they have 10x my hp.

I also want to point out that there is a stat cap anyways. So there was no reason to not just base the enemies around the stat cap achievable by the player (or just have them scale) rather than throw all this nonsense in.

Last edited:

Lol126767

May 17, 2021
How do I check the writing permission? Think I can’t run the game as admin since the option doesn’t appear. (It does appear with other games tho).

edit: Managed to do it, I think! Had to check a few things but its all good now, thanks for the help!
Could you tell me what you did to allow you to save your game. I'm having the same problem that you were having with my game not keeping my saves after i close it. It wont give me the option to run as admin and I have zero clue what to do lol

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
ring: prevent insta kill
old king attack: 8102212 dmg bruh
Okay, instead of the Resurrectionist's Ring. How about the Ring of Draconic Blessings? The one that automatically revives you and has a 75% chance to break. I remember sometimes I would stack that ring alongside my buffs. Also, try using the break action when the Old King charges his attack, if you haven't already.

4.80 star(s) 75 Votes