4.80 star(s) 74 Votes

notstupid

Jun 22, 2020
i'm stuck on Old king and nurse call, this shit's getting impossible because i cant do anything about the one shot attacks and requiem gets me fucked anyways, on nurse call i also dont have a healing spell so i'm just fucked regardless
wait wtf the green power was hiding from me

notstupid

Jun 22, 2020
Old king: you aren't using dodge or break enough. Old king's attacks always follow the same order so figure out which ones you need to dodge. Spoiler: it's the first and fifth and the cycle is seven attacks long
Nurse: Think outside the box. There are other methods of recovering health that don't involve consumables or healing spells.
requiem: over-reliance is death
ok i definitely need to dodge more, my breaks always fail atleast on the first phase, and i cant get to the second phase

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
ok i definitely need to dodge more, my breaks always fail atleast on the first phase, and i cant get to the second phase
If your breaks are failing then you need more luck. You need at least 3000 luck for old king, preferably more.

Secretmanguy

Feb 29, 2020
Im not saying this is definitely the case, but I along with a few others have had a very rare glitch occur with Old King where our Guard Breaks/Gun Break didn't work and we had to restart the dungeon and return to him again since his Zex Calibur Charge attack is a Guaranteed one shot, ignores immortality, defense, rings.etc requiring you to Guard Break him. And even if you managed to one shot his first phase like me, his second phase literally cannot be completed without Guard Breaking.

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Didn't Toro end up deciding to create it for real after such positive reception for the original April Fool's joke?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: PRONTO3000

notstupid

Jun 22, 2020
Im not saying this is definitely the case, but I along with a few others have had a very rare glitch occur with Old King where our Guard Breaks/Gun Break didn't work and we had to restart the dungeon and return to him again since his Zex Calibur Charge attack is a Guaranteed one shot, ignores immortality, defense, rings.etc requiring you to Guard Break him. And even if you managed to one shot his first phase like me, his second phase literally cannot be completed without Guard Breaking.
I'll try restarting the dungeon, i'm at 2995 luck and i tried breaking 5 times in a row and none hit

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Didn't Toro end up deciding to create it for real after such positive reception for the original April Fool's joke?
I don't know the exact details but it's not officially created by Toro and did start as a joke.
I'll try restarting the dungeon, i'm at 2995 luck and i tried breaking 5 times in a row and none hit
You don't need to restart, just skip the boss room and get more souls to buy outer one souls from mabel. You only need 1 more soul to be able to break old king. If you need to leave the dungeon, that works too. You can start in the depth/layer where you left off but you won't be in the boss room.
You could equip something to put you over the luck threshold. Turtle soup ladle gives up to 50% luck boost and stat boosts work too (omnibless).

Reactions: Beyo and mdp2p

Investor X

Oct 28, 2018
Screenshot (5536).png

Does anyone mind sharing your own fun build ?, here's my brainless glass cannon build, Grosteque war hammer+3 black rabbit ring+1white rabbit ring+Kuti covenant. Basically, you spam all the high-damage spells you have like Catherine wheel, Meteor, Chaos Blast, and hope that the boss will die ( If the enemy doesn't have weird gimmicks or crit resistance this build can deal around 20-30m damage on the first turn)

JustTK2

Dec 10, 2021
View attachment 2175261

Does anyone mind sharing your own fun build ?, here's my brainless glass cannon build, Grosteque war hammer+3 black rabbit ring+1white rabbit ring+Kuti covenant. Basically, you spam all the high-damage spells you have like Catherine wheel, Meteor, Chaos Blast, and hope that the boss will die ( If the enemy doesn't have weird gimmicks or crit resistance this build can deal around 20-30m damage on the first turn)
did you try windless wrap, mirror shield ,deviledge with counter ring/ deviledge, counter ring and a max health build ? XD it pretty fun ( this is useless if enemies have insta-kill )
btw i have never heard about Catherine wheel spell

fact: ur build just a nuke build, it not funny since the enemy die to fast

Anonym321

Aug 17, 2020
I don't know the exact details but it's not officially created by Toro and did start as a joke.

Well, i have this chinese dlc but can't play it until i learn chinese, so do you know someone who plans or already started translating it?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
did you try windless wrap, mirror shield ,deviledge with counter ring/ deviledge, counter ring and a max health build ? XD it pretty fun ( this is useless if enemies have insta-kill )
btw i have never heard about Catherine wheel spell

fact: ur build just a nuke build, it not funny since the enemy die to fast
Catherine wheels is one of the rare ultimate spells from bs1 you can get from the chaos dungeon books.
Well, i have this chinese dlc but can't play it until i learn chinese, so do you know someone who plans or already started translating it?
I haven't paid attention to it at all.

Reactions: DaiReth

DaiReth

Oct 14, 2021
Ok....I'm stumped....How Do I fight Lingeriana? I barely managed to eke out victories against Florence and her aide, but Lingeriana is on another level....
She can't be stunned, at no point does breaking do anything to her, she ignores evade, dispels requiem, heals all damage every turn, and all the time she has an unremovable debuff that insta kills you after 4 turns....
I think i'm supposed to drain her mana? And use the wall summon to bait her death sentence. But I never live long enough to see if it actually works.....

DaiReth

Oct 14, 2021
I heard there was another boss after killing deep sea knight where can I find it?
Depends on where you are at this point. You can fight Kuti, she's the strongest boss of the sea.
After that, there's the bosses in the labyrinth.
And After that, you can go to the absurd place i'm at.....everything is absurdly overpowered, and 20k stats feel like they aren't anywhere near enough......

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Ok....I'm stumped....How Do I fight Lingeriana? I barely managed to eke out victories against Florence and her aide, but Lingeriana is on another level....
She can't be stunned, at no point does breaking do anything to her, she ignores evade, dispels requiem, heals all damage every turn, and all the time she has an unremovable debuff that insta kills you after 4 turns....
I think i'm supposed to drain her mana? And use the wall summon to bait her death sentence. But I never live long enough to see if it actually works.....
Beating her first form legit is quite annoying. You need to time requiem so it saves you from the instant death without her dispelling it and then reset the cooldown with wand r'lyeh or watches. If you get this timing down, then it is just a matter of surviving long enough to build up fruming wrath or twin angels.
That's if you don't just outright kill her before it kills you which shouldn't be that hard if you have 10k+ stats. At 10k base attack you can get 100k attack (the hard cap) with a 2x ring, madness, attack++, phalanx, and 4 resins. Then hit her with oil or frostbite and use blood edge or ultimate triple slash (1st or 3rd stage) or absolute precision + hans (second form may or may not counterattack) should take out her first form and her second form if you have enough actions. Magic is not recommended because the first form is immune to light damage which means you can't use any of the soul arrow spells which are the hardest hitting magics outside tearing grudge and the ultimates. If you happen to have the ultimates from the chaos dungeon (catherine wheels, chaos explosion, and awakening) then magic can work. If you got those, you can explosion the first form (Critical + oil = instant death) and wheels the second followed by soul arrows.

Reactions: mdp2p and DaiReth
4.80 star(s) 74 Votes