4.80 star(s) 74 Votes

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
Since search doesn't seem to give me a straight answer on this, how exactly does Jub Jub affect other heroines at progression 10? I was curious about what happens to each them if anyone happens to know.

Feel free to correct these if they're wrong. Further context would be cool too.

Dodo
Jub eats her? Or she goes somewhere else? Just a cryptic message...

Shisha
Goes into super depression state?

Dee & Dum
Dum... eats Dee?!

Duchess
Skull on a plate?

Tea Party Trio
Hung themselves at the base of the Clock Tower?

Wolris
Looks like she killed herself?

Kuti
Floods the beach? I assume Turtle dies as a result too.

Unsure about the others (Bill? Lorina?), but Prickett/Victoria/Bandersnach/Jabberwock seem unaffected as far as I can tell?

Reactions: johnson.lv42

DaiReth

Oct 14, 2021
Dodo

Shisha

Dee & Dum
Dum... eats Dee?!

Duchess
Skull on a plate?

Tea Party Trio

Wolris

Kuti

Unsure about the others (Bill? Lorina?), but Prickett/Victoria/Bandersnach/Jabberwock seem unaffected as far as I can tell?
Dodo is killed by the butcher, you can find her remains in the slaughterhouse.

Shisha gets too drugged, remembers some of the times she was "saved" (kept alive) via rape

One of them is cheating on another, or thinks so, and kills/eats the possible offender.

Not sure about the duchess, the pumpkin man goes crazy?

Definetely JubJub....technically the Hatter is still alive, but.....

Wolris overeats, tries to eat the daughter of an Elder One, it eats her from inside....

Yeah, Kuti floods the beach, kills the sad turtle, and possibly Mery and the gryphon girl

Bill and his god keep fucking each other, the snake god gets a little too intense and Bill dies.....

Lorina doesn't go more insane than she already is.....same as the other 4....

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Since search doesn't seem to give me a straight answer on this, how exactly does Jub Jub affect other heroines at progression 10? I was curious about what happens to each them if anyone happens to know.

Feel free to correct these if they're wrong. Further context would be cool too.

Dodo

Shisha

Dee & Dum
Dum... eats Dee?!

Duchess
Skull on a plate?

Tea Party Trio

Wolris

Kuti

To the best of my memory,

Dodo is hunted by the butcher boss you encounter in the Slaughterhouse. If you examine a certain bucket in the boss room, you'll find Dodo's remains in there. Examining the bucket before Dodo is hunted won't reveal this flavor text.

The Duchess either ate herself or was eaten by the gigantic living food thing in the basement. That thing is now a boss btw.

Wolris, or Shivuchi, is a bit special. She has different triggers depending on certain variables. If Jubjub is alive and not confined at SP10+, Wolris will either go mad or turn into a monstrosity. In these events, Wolris will turn into a monster if Oyster is still alive. She'll actually eat the Oyster. During a battle with her, she will get killed by a monster-turned Oyster from the inside, and you'll end up fighting Oyster for the rest of the battle. If Oyster is dead or confined, Wolris goes mad, which I assume is what you saw.

Kuti floods the beach and kills Turtle, or Modoki, and makes a turtle soup out of her. She literally says this. You can choose to fight a boss battle with her. Anyone else at the beach is assumed dead or missing.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
You didn't mention them but Turtle uses mercury to poison Griffy. You can find Griffy's body outside the restaurant and it mentions she vomited a lot of blood and was trying to get back inside. Inside, Turtle has stabbed herself in the chest and left a suicide note talking about her feelings towards Griffy. However, she's too cowardly to confess and can't stand living with the feelings. It also says Griffy would be lonely after her death so she poisoned Griffy.
Bill and his god keep fucking each other, the snake god gets a little too intense and Bill dies.....
I don't know how you got that from a single line about bite marks on his bones
Lore questions.
Its just super hard for me to figure out the whole timeline. Was Mary Sue from beginning to start involved?
Btw, Yes. Caroll invoked Mary Sue (beach memory), and Alice invoked crawling one (queensland memory)...maybe. The term selfish is more often used to describe Mary Sue but it also uses the verb crawling, and crawling one is is described as selfish at least once, so it's not completely clear. Maybe they had teamed up at that point already. Mary Sue provided the actors and stage for crawling ones love?

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
You didn't mention them but Turtle uses mercury to poison Griffy.
Ah, I see. So that's what would happen if Kuti wasn't present to flood the beach. Suffering all around...

It's unfortunate that Black Souls doesn't seem to have a proper English wiki with all this information, like MGQP. The lore is so incredibly complex, it would probably take several dozen playthroughs just to experience all the possible scenes.
Dodo is hunted by the butcher boss you encounter in the Slaughterhouse.
Does this still happen if the boss is already dead before progression 10? :unsure:
Mary Sue provided the actors and stage for crawling ones love?
Don't mind me butting into this convo, but I'm still trying to digest the whole thing about the Great Ones. My understanding, based on Mabel's dialogue inside Chaos Dungeon, is that Mary Sue and Alice are both "Great Ones" - with Alice given the particular alias of "Crawling One".

Black Souls 1 took place in Mary Sue's garden (Lost Empire), whereas 2 took place in Alice's garden (Wonderland). From the short cinematic, the other Great Ones would be the White Queen, the Red Queen and Jabberwock? Unsure who the Red Queen is, but White Queen is pretty convincingly Node (who appears to have stepped down from her position as queen?).

Also, it's not entirely clear to me why or how Mary Sue lost her powers, and why she's referred to as Mary Ann in Black Souls 2 instead.

I haven't finished DLC3 yet so I might be missing some context.
Man, I really wish there was a wiki. :HideThePain:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Ah, I see. So that's what would happen if Kuti wasn't present to flood the beach. Suffering all around...

It's unfortunate that Black Souls doesn't seem to have a proper English wiki with all this information, like MGQP. The lore is so incredibly complex, it would probably take several dozen playthroughs just to experience all the possible scenes.

Does this still happen if the boss is already dead before progression 10? :unsure:

Don't mind me butting into this convo, but I'm still trying to digest the whole thing about the Great Ones. My understanding, based on Mabel's dialogue inside Chaos Dungeon, is that Mary Sue and Alice are both "Great Ones" - with Alice given the particular alias of "Crawling One".

Black Souls 1 took place in Mary Sue's garden (Lost Empire), whereas 2 took place in Alice's garden (Wonderland). From the short cinematic, the other Great Ones would be the White Queen, the Red Queen and Jabberwock? Unsure who the Red Queen is, but White Queen is pretty convincingly Node (who appears to have stepped down from her position as queen?).

Also, it's not entirely clear to me why or how Mary Sue lost her powers, and why she's referred to as Mary Ann in Black Souls 2 instead.

I haven't finished DLC3 yet so I might be missing some context.
Man, I really wish there was a wiki. :HideThePain:
You're mostly correct. "Alice" is not the "real" Alice but crawling one masquerading as her. The only point where "real" Alice shows up is during G end in the white space. The alias "crawling one" comes from one of the alternate names of Nyarlathotep, who that character is based on. If the character is not directly from a fairy tale (drops one on death), they probably have a counterpart in Lovecraft lore, if not real life (nightmare spirits).
Great ones and outer ones are almost synonymous I think. Basically every heroine in bs 2 is one. That includes bandersnatch, jub jub, even griffy probably. This does not include characters like Chick or Dorothy, who come directly from fairy tales. You can tell usually by if their form changes at 0 sen.
Red queen is currently Prickett but she is the second generation red queen. It's unknown who the first generation one is.
There is a certain floor in chaos dungeon that reveals why and how Mary Sue lost her powers and why her name is changed. There's also a bit more in dlc 3. As for why her name was changed specifically to Mary Ann, it has to do with the characters of Alice in Wonderland. Mary Ann was a maid of the white rabbit but only appears in name, she basically has no plot presence. It's to symbolize Mary Sue's loss of power. She went from a Mary Sue (overpowered character with little to no flaws) to a prisoner with no power.

Reactions: Omnom88 and Sidurie

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
I feel like either ShinV or Phenir already posted something like what you're all thinking of.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Btw, Yes. Caroll invoked Mary Sue (beach memory), and Alice invoked crawling one (queensland memory)...maybe. The term selfish is more often used to describe Mary Sue but it also uses the verb crawling, and crawling one is is described as selfish at least once, so it's not completely clear. Maybe they had teamed up at that point already. Mary Sue provided the actors and stage for crawling ones love?
Thanks for the response!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

-For example in BSI

So in context:

PS: Toro`s recent dev post said he finished 36 out of 150 planned CGIs for DeadRedHood sooooo maybe at the end of 2023 we get the first news to a BlackSouls3......hahahaha.

Last edited:

danddoan

May 11, 2022
the only problem with this game is that it makes me cry too much, despair too much, and be depressed most of the time... otherwise it just makes me laugh and be hyped with the fights, mechanics, and everything else. Such a great game, too bad it sucker punch my feelings so many times

Reactions: DaiReth

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
the only problem with this game is that it makes me cry too much, despair too much, and be depressed most of the time... otherwise it just makes me laugh and be hyped with the fights, mechanics, and everything else. Such a great game, too bad it sucker punch my feelings so many times
Suffering is part of the experience.
It ain't Black Souls without both the player and the player character suffering. :KEK:

rational_p

Oct 16, 2020
Hi, the guide says that there should be an npc here but there is no one. Is this normal ?
(Pumpkin house in infinite food)
Ps: i'm not talking about the ghost

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
you missed pumpkin o at the bonfire south of the cathedral or just before the giant knight boss

4.80 star(s) 74 Votes