4.80 star(s) 74 Votes

Nasty-Nappa

Oct 9, 2017
small question have we ever met the white queen at some point in the game?

Im so much confused even after getting true true ending at dlc 3

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
So how is one supposed to get into a covenant with Wolris? I've been looking for this Carpenter but the Deep Sea boss just keeps oneshotting me so if it happens to be them, then I'll sadly have to grind the heck out of it, I think?

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Oh and how is one supposed to find this Terrible Tragic Hotel and also the Moon? Those are the few places I haven't gone to yet and right now the only thing I can do is just grind the hell out to be able to defeat the Deep Sea boss.

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
So how is one supposed to get into a covenant with Wolris? I've been looking for this Carpenter but the Deep Sea boss just keeps oneshotting me so if it happens to be them, then I'll sadly have to grind the heck out of it, I think?
Naturally, spoilers.

You need to defeat the Deep Sea Knight first (the Nautilus-looking boss). It is a significant step up in difficulty from anything else you have fought up until that point, but the blood messages give good tips for beating him.

Entering a covenant with Wolris becomes possible afterwards.
Oh and how is one supposed to find this Terrible Tragic Hotel and also the Moon? Those are the few places I haven't gone to yet and right now the only thing I can do is just grind the hell out to be able to defeat the Deep Sea boss.
The Tragic Hotel is accessed through a hidden door inside the Passenger Ship Atlantica (Ship Graveyard). There is a passageway at the top-left that extends to what appears to be a dead-end. It's there.

Ironically I never managed to go to the moon either, so I'm curious about that one myself.

Reactions: DaiReth

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Remember the words of Piccolo. Also, you can just get a deep sea helmet from the chaos dungeon if you really can't figure out how to beat the boss.
Hotel is as mentioned above. If you enter with 100 sen... and a bonus if you also set the red hood flag
Moon is the telescope behind the university, you need 0 sen or less to get transported. There's not much there besides a couple moon beasts and a brain scrubbing.

Reactions: Omnom88

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Managed to beat the first phase of the Deep Sea Boss, then it had a second phase and F.

Definitely going to try and find one in the Chaos Dungeon then, as I'm confident I can go up to floor 55 if not higher there.

Thanks for the advice on the two other locations too, I shall definitely visit them!

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Managed to beat the first phase of the Deep Sea Boss, then it had a second phase and F.

Definitely going to try and find one in the Chaos Dungeon then, as I'm confident I can go up to floor 55 if not higher there.

Thanks for the advice on the two other locations too, I shall definitely visit them!
Well if you are going to give up then you just need to have 100% physical dodge without relying on the dodge skill and enough hp/defense to survive his one undodgeable attack which doesn't hit that hard.

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
and a bonus if you also set the red hood flag
Concerning the hotel scene.

I didn't know it was possible to trigger it without RRH. I could not emotionally survive that segment if Red Hood wasn't there to pick up my shattered heart.

The real fight starts when the beat drops. :KEK:

Not sure about Chaos Dungeon; not only because loot is entirely random (it could be 200+ floors before you even see it), but also because the game still has incredibly more powerful enemies beyond Deep Sea Knight. It's a gimmick fight, you don't want to brute-force it.

If you need some pointers for the battle:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Managed to get it all the way to 80%

If I had one more empty ring, it'd be 95% I believe.

Now I'll just try to use Poison II and Fire Spells (to inflict burn) to slowly dwindle it's hp by % as recommended.

(This is a Mage build btw, got the whole ring that sets mp to 0 alongside the weapon that makes spells cost 0 )

Wish me luck. Screenshot 2022-12-18 220103.png

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Hotel is as mentioned above. If you enter with 100 sen... and a bonus if you also set the red hood flag
Moon is the telescope behind the university, you need 0 sen or less to get transported. There's not much there besides a couple moon beasts and a brain scrubbing.
Ohhhh was the Red trigger related to the 10 bonfire/locations you have to talk with her? I honestly dont remember that part. Grim was alone while his.....regret crushed him.

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Screenshot 2022-12-18 223700.png

The Build worked, though I was only able to get the evasion up to 89% in the end.
Simply using Margaret's covenant gave me an bonus action, which was super helpful once I realized that the boss is super slow even if my speed is halved. So I could bassically act 4 times and only have to use the GRIT skill (lets you survive at 1 hp if an attack would have killed you) just before he attacks.

Thanks for the help everyone, without you I'd be stuck on this for days.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
View attachment 2246089

The Build worked, though I was only able to get the evasion up to 89% in the end.
Simply using Margaret's covenant gave me an bonus action, which was super helpful once I realized that the boss is super slow even if my speed is halved. So I could bassically act 4 times and only have to use the GRIT skill (lets you survive at 1 hp if an attack would have killed you) just before he attacks.

Thanks for the help everyone, without you I'd be stuck on this for days.
For the future, speed soft caps at around 3k. You don't get any faster after 3k speed but having more is useful in case of debuffs or if you enjoy throwing knives/shooting arrows.
You're probably missing ring of sin if you couldn't get to 100%, it gives 50% evasion (among other stats) by itself, or abhorrent cloak which is 30%.
Ohhhh was the Red trigger related to the 10 bonfire/locations you have to talk with her? I honestly dont remember that part. Grim was alone while his.....regret crushed him.
I was referring specifically to just the encounter where she walks out of the mirror. That's the red hood flag. If you don't get that encounter, she doesn't appear at all for the rest of the run.

Reactions: Omnom88

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
I'l keep the speed cap in mind from now on.

That said, I have yet again a question: I'm trying to get Ending B now and while I've got all the covenants needed to lv3. I still don't have the option to abandon the quest. Is there perhaps another qualificator needed?

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Think it may that the Library hasn't been fully filled. I'm still lacking [Elizaboth Bathory] ; [Black Rabbit of Inaba] ;
[The Fox and the Grapes] ; [The Jumper] ; [Wolf and XX Goats] ; [Wizard of Oz] ; [Mt Kachi Kachi] ; [Goose that laid golden eggs] and finally [Pinochio].

If anyone's got a list of where the fairy tale lads are located or know where one of these speficic ones hide in which area, then do let me know. I'd be mighty grateful.

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
You can only get one ending per game. Once you get any of the endings, you cannot obtain another until NG+. More specifically, you can't go through the white door for the A, C, D, or E ends and Node will no longer give you the option for the B end.
Oh never mind, guess I'll have to NG+ again because I got another ending in the same game before finally finishing the whole Sea DLC and I am not redoing all that grinding. (Still would love to know the locations of the remaining fairy tales tho)

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
I'm trying to get Ending B now and while I've got all the covenants needed to lv3.
Are you sure you formed all the necessary covenants? There are no other requirements as far as I know. You're probably missing someone. If I had to guess, the Tweedle Twins are probably the easiest to miss on a blind run, or possibly Shisha from the forest maze? Or even Bill at the cathedral.

If anyone's got a list of where the fairy tale lads are located or know where one of these speficic ones hide in which area, then do let me know. I'd be mighty grateful.
Filling the library is not a requirement for any of the endings (I'm almost sure?) but you do get some very nice options as rewards. Some of the fairytales you mentioned are, well, gone if you don't have them already by this point, since they need to be summoned before boss fights.

I don't remember all of them, but more specifically:

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Are you sure you formed all the necessary covenants? There are no other requirements as far as I know. You're probably missing someone. If I had to guess, the Tweedle Twins are probably the easiest to miss on a blind run, or possibly Shisha from the forest maze? Or even Bill at the cathedral.

Filling the library is not a requirement for any of the endings (I'm almost sure?) but you do get some very nice options as rewards. Some of the fairytales you mentioned are, well, gone if you don't have them already by this point, since they need to be summoned before boss fights.

I don't remember all of them, but more specifically:
Aw maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, so I've definitely gotta do a New Game plus then. (Cuz yeah I did not get that fairy tale)

As for covenants yeah, I'm pretty sure I've got the most of em already done. Like 13 out of ?? are lv3.

But I'm going to go the next cycle regarless since I can no longer open the white door or give up on the quest.
Which kind of feels dumb, since why do I have to play the game 2 more times just to see what happens if I decide to die to the final boss or decide to give up on the quest beforehand? Eh, it can't be helped. So I'll just go do something simpler.

Go for the hidden route! By pure chance I managed to meet
on several places and even got
ring alongside 3 of the Memories. Now I have just to find the others. But I dunno where those are.

Either way I'll go look for those memories now and then at the next cycle, if there's even a next one. Go about my way to catch all em fairy tales. Maybe even make a seperate save before the part where you choose an ending too for once.

I'd love to fill the gallery on my own true, but eh. It was less time-consuming in BS1, which I can't say here.

That all said, I hope the hidden route will unlock that 'opens all of the gallery' that the true ending of BS1 did. That was pretty nifty if not rewarding. Still this game as a whole is real fun, and again, it's a real pleasure to be here.

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Game aside, who's your favorite gal in the game?

Mine's
, more so due to the 'old pal' vibes she gives by being a survivor of BS1. It was pretty cool to know that even in this strange Wonderland, one could potentially still meet some familiar faces. (Is that a spoiler? I hid the name just in case, but in hindsight I should have done the same for the ring. My bad.)

Second favorite would be
but again that's more of an 'ayooooooooooo we meet again!' bias.

But I had to choose one person from Wonderland, it'd probably be the Chesshire Cat, as much of a 'Leaf' she is in this game. There's something mysterouis about her that I like, though I would totally hate her company. She's just pretty memorable.

Reactions: johnson.lv42
4.80 star(s) 74 Votes