4.80 star(s) 74 Votes

the timeless

Jun 23, 2018
PS: Toro`s recent dev post said he finished 36 out of 150 planned CGIs for DeadRedHood sooooo maybe at the end of 2023 we get the first news to a BlackSouls3......hahahaha.
didn't he say there would be 2 side games?
dead red wood and another game about another place? i used mtl to see most post so i might have just read it wrong

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
dead red wood and another game about another place? i used mtl to see most post so i might have just read it wrong
Yea if i remember correctly the second side game will involve the demonic princesses from BS1 and will a have a monster hunter-like crafting system

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Yeah currently Toro is working on DRH which takes place between BS1 & BS2. However Toro implied it may lead into BS2. He updates his blog on fantia every once in a while with NPC art & minor story details. Its also supposedly about the Black Trial shining light on their actual role between all the worlds/cosmic gods.

The side game about the BS1 demon princesses is also a thing. Tho i am not sure what the current "status" of it is. Its been awhile since Toro made that annoucement. There was a fangame of them and he made CGI art for it as well.

Last edited:

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Been playing the game so far and reallly enjoying it. The only problem I don't really understand is that after a few hours of playing all of my covenants started dying off. Luckily I had a save 20 minutes just before most of them kicked the bucket.... (Like everyone but the Queen of Hearts and Nobe was dead).

But that still makes me curouis, does anyone know why these covenants gals die? Is it like in Black Souls I where you have to do certain actions within a time limit or do some sidequest to prevent their deaths? If so, please tell me as no guide says so.

Cakei

Aug 30, 2017
Been playing the game so far and reallly enjoying it. The only problem I don't really understand is that after a few hours of playing all of my covenants started dying off. Luckily I had a save 20 minutes just before most of them kicked the bucket.... (Like everyone but the Queen of Hearts and Nobe was dead).

But that still makes me curouis, does anyone know why these covenants gals die? Is it like in Black Souls I where you have to do certain actions within a time limit or do some sidequest to prevent their deaths? If so, please tell me as no guide says so.
You need to play detective, the first clue is on clock tower. And is only happen after fire 10 bonfire, so good luck.
There is a guide on the OP.

Reactions: Jacodu

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
I'll assume that means there's a NPC called Jub Jub (saw an image of a boss on the web but didn't spoil myself more than that) that goes on a murder spree or somehow causes a lot of deaths around fire 10. Like some other lads did in the dark souls games, and so the way to prevent these deaths would be kill off this Jub Jub who's located at the Clock Tower.

If that's the case then thank you for telling me. Though I have one more question, I've noticed that after smoking a few times with the Caterpillar Gal that she suddenly starting to die and was asking for an mercy kill. Is there any way to prevent this or should I simply never smoke with her in the next loop? (I've obtained Ending C today so New Game + is an option now.)

Because if so, then I'll try to avoid these mass deaths in the next loop by not smoking with the Caterpillar (preventing her death), killing Jack the Ripper (Which I assume would have ripped an npc if you're there too late) and disposing of this Jub Jub as quickly as I can.

Of course I still need to locate this Clock Tower, but please don't tell me where that is yet. As I'd love to play detective as has been advised. To that note I'm pretty to have received an answer at all, as this place is the closest one to an Black Souls communinty that I know off. (So if there's like a discord or something, please let me know as I'd love to chat about the game)

Reactions: johnson.lv42

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
I'll assume that means there's a NPC called Jub Jub (saw an image of a boss on the web but didn't spoil myself more than that) that goes on a murder spree or somehow causes a lot of deaths around fire 10. Like some other lads did in the dark souls games, and so the way to prevent these deaths would be kill off this Jub Jub who's located at the Clock Tower.

If that's the case then thank you for telling me. Though I have one more question, I've noticed that after smoking a few times with the Caterpillar Gal that she suddenly starting to die and was asking for an mercy kill. Is there any way to prevent this or should I simply never smoke with her in the next loop? (I've obtained Ending C today so New Game + is an option now.)

Because if so, then I'll try to avoid these mass deaths in the next loop by not smoking with the Caterpillar (preventing her death), killing Jack the Ripper (Which I assume would have ripped an npc if you're there too late) and disposing of this Jub Jub as quickly as I can.

Of course I still need to locate this Clock Tower, but please don't tell me where that is yet. As I'd love to play detective as has been advised. To that note I'm pretty to have received an answer at all, as this place is the closest one to an Black Souls communinty that I know off. (So if there's like a discord or something, please let me know as I'd love to chat about the game)
The only spoilers I'll mention are what you can do about Jub Jub, Shisha (the Caterpillar), and Jack the Ripper. I will mention a bit about Jack the Ripper, though. I won't mention how to get to any places, as you wanted. Also, the number of torches lit in the library are referred to by their Progression number.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
Interesting interaction that happens on Jabberwock's map if you walk around with 0 SEN. Alice briefly appears on the top right corner but disappears as you approach, leaving a cryptic message that can only be read with Prickett's Ring. The amount of little details and hidden events scattered around the world is absolutely insane.

After going through 200 floors on Chaos Dungeon, I finally found the lore dump map that confirms some of what was being discussed earlier about Mary Sue and the Great Ones.

Mary Sue
Had a unique power, the "Ability to Change". The Red and White Queens stripped her of this power at some point between BS1 and BS2, supposedly due to how powerful it is. Mary Sue changing her name to Mary Ann was, as mentioned earlier, most likely just a symbolic change to signify she'd lost her powers.

Great Ones
Mary Sue and the Crawling One are said to be such beings, with the others assumed to be Red Queen, White Queen and Jabberwock. The Outer Ones are still a bit of a mystery to me, but I'll just file them as being entities one tier above in power or divinity.

All this lore is pretty neat, ngl. :BootyTime:

gemmenica

Feb 26, 2020
Interesting interaction that happens on Jabberwock's map if you walk around with 0 SEN. Alice briefly appears on the top right corner but disappears as you approach, leaving a cryptic message that can only be read with Prickett's Ring. The amount of little details and hidden events scattered around the world is absolutely insane.

After going through 200 floors on Chaos Dungeon, I finally found the lore dump map that confirms some of what was being discussed earlier about Mary Sue and the Great Ones.

Mary Sue
Had a unique power, the "Ability to Change". The Red and White Queens stripped her of this power at some point between BS1 and BS2, supposedly due to how powerful it is. Mary Sue changing her name to Mary Ann was, as mentioned earlier, most likely just a symbolic change to signify she'd lost her powers.

Great Ones
Mary Sue and the Crawling One are said to be such beings, with the others assumed to be Red Queen, White Queen and Jabberwock. The Outer Ones are still a bit of a mystery to me, but I'll just file them as being entities one tier above in power or divinity.

I know that's why we love this game, Toro has such a skill that slowly feeds us with lore, and the more we piece together, the more we realize we are but just a mere chess piece played by Outer gods on some mad love chasing game inside an Aquarium which called a "Garden"

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
The only spoilers I'll mention are what you can do about Jub Jub, Shisha (the Caterpillar), and Jack the Ripper. I will mention a bit about Jack the Ripper, though. I won't mention how to get to any places, as you wanted. Also, the number of torches lit in the library are referred to by their Progression number.

Thanks for the help!

Now I know how to avoid the deaths of a few gals.

And possibly found some countermeasures (purely theoritical at the moment) to those who aren't killed by Jub Jub by which I mean:

The Dumb Dodo

The Queen of Hearts:

The Oyster:

Etc, etc, it looks like a whole bunch of girls die depending on different things. Which is pretty cool ngl (as in having to figure out how to prevent it all, not the girls dying in brutal ways offscreen naturally).

It makes me wonder if you can actually have a covenant with everyone in this game? Or is there some Snow White covenant that can't be joined without killing someone else? ( I wouldn't be surprised if this Jub Jub had a covenant, that'd be F. As it'd mean that the get everyone's covenant thing would be impossible.)

And if that's the case, then I wonder. What's the maximun amount of covenants you guys have managed to hold onto at the same time? (For me it's Nobe, Queen of Hearts and Jabberwock. I dunno if anyone else is alive at Progression 10 now but eh.)

That covenant thing aside, yeah this game is filled to the brim with juicy secrets and I'm so happy I discovered this franchise!

gemmenica

Feb 26, 2020

Mary Sue

Great Ones

So Just to add some of the info, might as well try to classified most of the character inside this game

Blacksouls character can be roughly divided into few categories, the first is:

The Outer ones/Great ones

Last edited:

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021

Mary Sue

Great Ones

Regarding Prickett ring.
Uhhh not sure if there are additional conditions. But in my run when i had Pricketts ring on and travel to the moon at 0SEN. You get lyrics for the song playing while you see the dreaming idiot(Azathoth) from the moonside. Thats a cool detail/easter egg i found. Not sure if there is more besides for the "true ending" before DLC3 happend.

Did you manage to find Mabel in the "wine room" as well? There she has unique dialog as well if you drink with her. She also gives you a item. I refused once and had to trigger a new loop because after that she only talks about the wine.
+ she drops lore bombs as well for beating the Boss Rush section only once tho. After that its just farming Eldritch Souls for stats or.....a helmet.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Thanks for the help!

Now I know how to avoid the deaths of a few gals.

And possibly found some countermeasures (purely theoritical at the moment) to those who aren't killed by Jub Jub by which I mean:

The Dumb Dodo

The Queen of Hearts:

The Oyster:

Etc, etc, it looks like a whole bunch of girls die depending on different things. Which is pretty cool ngl (as in having to figure out how to prevent it all, not the girls dying in brutal ways offscreen naturally).

It makes me wonder if you can actually have a covenant with everyone in this game? Or is there some Snow White covenant that can't be joined without killing someone else? ( I wouldn't be surprised if this Jub Jub had a covenant, that'd be F. As it'd mean that the get everyone's covenant thing would be impossible.)

And if that's the case, then I wonder. What's the maximun amount of covenants you guys have managed to hold onto at the same time? (For me it's Nobe, Queen of Hearts and Jabberwock. I dunno if anyone else is alive at Progression 10 now but eh.)

That covenant thing aside, yeah this game is filled to the brim with juicy secrets and I'm so happy I discovered this franchise!
Dodo can't be saved regardless if you don't stop Jub Jub. You're misunderstanding how Jub Jub works. She is not directly killing them. Her song causes madness, which causes them to suicide or kill each other. Interestingly, even if you don't stop jub jub, Kuti won't flood the beach unless you "make children" with her and have a level 3 pledge, because she's so deep underwater, the song doesn't reach her until she comes up looking for you after doing that act. It would have been nice if there was an event where she appears at the beach without flooding it if Jub Jub is taken care of.
Specifically, Jub Jub will cause the deaths or demonization of all of these characters if she is alive at progress 10:
Now for deaths that aren't caused by Jub Jub or progress 10, there's Dee and Dum. If you get caught having sex with Dee? outside their room, she defends herself from a jealous Dum, killing Dum in the process. The reverse happens if Jub Jub causes it. Dum kills Dee out of jealousy.
It's possible to have every covenant at once I am pretty sure, but after progress 10 you have to give up Jub Jub or lose the majority of them.
Regarding Prickett ring.
Uhhh not sure if there are additional conditions. But in my run when i had Pricketts ring on and travel to the moon at 0SEN. You get lyrics for the song playing while you see the dreaming idiot(Azathoth) from the moonside. Thats a cool detail/easter egg i found. Not sure if there is more besides for the "true ending" before DLC3 happend.

Did you manage to find Mabel in the "wine room" as well? There she has unique dialog as well if you drink with her. She also gives you a item. I refused once and had to trigger a new loop because after that she only talks about the wine.
+ she drops lore bombs as well for beating the Boss Rush section only once tho. After that its just farming Eldritch Souls for stats or.....a helmet.
You can't refuse the wine. It's a "but you must" situation. She will loop until you accept it.
So Just to add some of the info, might as well try to classified most of the character inside this game

Blacksouls character can be roughly divided into few categories, the first is:

The Outer ones/Great ones

This classification is missing the fairy tale characters which are explicitly not outer ones. Same for the mad and nightmare spirits. You might classify them as "spirits". Also characters like Jack, who may well be a mad spirit (not nightmare, try wearing Edith's ring when you fight him). There's also demons like Satyr and Victoria and her sisters. And then there are characters that just transcend time and space like Helkaiser. I fully expect that motherfucker to come back in 3.
Chick is not an outer one. She drops a fairy tale. She's a strange one though as she is also resistant to Jub Jub's song. If you visit her after progress 10 with Jub Jub still free ...Jub Jub is there giving her candy. Jub Jub invites Chick to live with her but Chick refuses because she is waiting for you.
Sho is an outer one, but not a great one. She's basically a shoggoth, servant race. She had a run in with Mary Sue who had imprisoned her in the white space. Ironically, Mary Sue might be weaker than her now after Mary Sue's power was stripped. Apparently, she is also weaker than Unis and Leiden according to her introduction at the and there was plans to have her kill the other imprisoned heroines out of jealousy but that was cut... we only need one prison slaughter after all.
I'm pretty sure Lindamea is not an outer one, unless Grimm is considered one. He compares himself to Grimm a lot in their immortality. I imagine he is just a modified being, similar to Grimm and Florence.
Anyone know where Christmas town is?
Take the boat in the center of Carrol River.

Reactions: Omnom88

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
What actually happened for miranda to become mephystilia bacause i am on to some lovecraftion ghoul eating her deceased body and becoming her by somehow absorbing her memories manerisms etc and choosing to dedicate herself to us once again because of her love for us but i dont know.Anybody care to help?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
What actually happened for miranda to become mephystilia bacause i am on to some lovecraftion ghoul eating her deceased body and becoming her by somehow absorbing her memories manerisms etc and choosing to dedicate herself to us once again because of her love for us but i dont know.Anybody care to help?
Yes. Miranda didn't survive the journey from lost empire to wonderland and a ghoul ate her body and became her by absorbing her memories. It seems while her body was not strong enough (surprisingly), her will was.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
As far as i seen/understood regarding Lindamea & the Black Trial group/organisation.
They seem to be their own thing between the Cosmic Horrors. All represent in some shape or form the concept of Death.

-Hein from the references seems to be a more traditional GrimReaper/Black Death persona. (Tho the demonesque grin & horns are kinda weird & his whole train/conductor gives me big??? His design is also somewhat different from BS1 to BS2)

-Lindamea reminds me of the folklore regarding the "Black Knight/HeadlessRider". A personification of a fallen warrior/knight who roams the woods/battelfield at night. But in general made it clear they are closer to being a undead like Grim. (If that means soul abomination as well who knows.)

-Miranda/Mephystilia simple a middle-ages executioner because of the axe/outfit. Who was supposedly trained by Baphomet herself.

-Baphomet.........well besides the whole sacrifice thing in order to summon her/it. Baphomet aka the Black Goat of a Thousand Young is the only one who is more pro-life themed. Because of the dozens of children she has/creates. Not sure how she fits into the Black Trial BSI suggested she was more of a additional actor on the stage. Then again RDH will probably shine more light into the whole Black Trial lore/faction. Considering the whole skull thing + the "child" and Red forced into killing sinners for them. (Its even implied Baphomet birthed a child of Grimm but thats besides the point)

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
( I wouldn't be surprised if this Jub Jub had a covenant, that'd be F. As it'd mean that the get everyone's covenant thing would be impossible.)
Actually, you can get a covenant from her. For that you must defeat her, then she'll propose a covenant to you which you can accept or kill/imprison her instead

Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
Does anyone know how to decode the hatters madness cause ive searched everywhere.Even the irl book doesnt help

4.80 star(s) 74 Votes