4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
But I'm going to go the next cycle regarless since I can no longer open the white door or give up on the quest.
I think I see the issue.

You cannot get multiple endings on the "same" loop (like you could in BS1). Once you opened the white door and reached an ending, you are locked out of any other endings.

Would explain why you can't get ending B despite seemingly having all the covenants. If you speak to Node and she says something along the lines of "you finished doing what you needed to do", that means you have already reached an ending and cannot reach a different one without starting a new loop.

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
I think I see the issue.

You cannot get multiple endings on the "same" loop (like you could in BS1). Once you opened the white door and reached an ending, you are locked out of any other endings.

Would explain why you can't get ending B despite seemingly having all the covenants. If you speak to Node and she says something along the lines of "you finished doing what you needed to do", that means you have already reached an ending and cannot reach a different one without starting a new loop.
Bingo!

She said exactly that.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Think it may that the Library hasn't been fully filled. I'm still lacking [Elizaboth Bathory] ; [Black Rabbit of Inaba] ;
[The Fox and the Grapes] ; [The Jumper] ; [Wolf and XX Goats] ; [Wizard of Oz] ; [Mt Kachi Kachi] ; [Goose that laid golden eggs] and finally [Pinochio].

If anyone's got a list of where the fairy tale lads are located or know where one of these speficic ones hide in which area, then do let me know. I'd be mighty grateful.
You don't need to fill the library for any endings, and the rewards can be gotten elsewhere.
Jumper is a 3 parter. You have to kill a grasshopper, a frog, and a flea. The flea is pretty hard to see so I'll just tell you he is in upper Ludwidge near a bench. Wolf and goats is in a well near the bonfire that Pumpkin O is first by. Fox and the grapes is part of Griffy's sidequest. You fight a mad spirit with her in the upper right of the rose garden maze. You need to do this right after the cathedral event.
That all said, I hope the hidden route will unlock that 'opens all of the gallery' that the true ending of BS1 did. That was pretty nifty if not rewarding. Still this game as a whole is real fun, and again, it's a real pleasure to be here.
Completing G route does allow this but it also unlocks the dlc 3 scenes which you can't normally get until after G end.

samuel1154

May 7, 2018
Anyone got any advice on unis? I can barely manage to hit her with ring of sin, sniper ring +3 and jabberwock covenant and even when I do fear never gets applied, I figured out I can still buff using items but it doesn't really help at all. Do I really just have to go farm luck until I can put fear on?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
How do i pass by him ? Even with "run like a dodo" it doesnt work, he always get me when im at the top
Are you holding shift to run? It's somewhat close with that. Make sure you have run like dodo on as well.
Anyone got any advice on unis? I can barely manage to hit her with ring of sin, sniper ring +3 and jabberwock covenant and even when I do fear never gets applied, I figured out I can still buff using items but it doesn't really help at all. Do I really just have to go farm luck until I can put fear on?
yes basically. Fear prevents her from using evasion. Use the chaos dungeon boss rush to farm stats, or use ladle/luck buff/debuff. Also check your difficulty.

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
Also check your difficulty.
Wish I'd seen this sooner, as someone who's also going through DLC3 currently.

It was that stupid, fake angel, wasn't it? Blessing my arse. Next loop she's going straight to the gulag...

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Got the Ending G, it was a fun adventure.

Though I wanna know just to be sure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Now to play the final DLC and await the day that BS3 may come out.

samuel1154

May 7, 2018
Are you holding shift to run? It's somewhat close with that. Make sure you have run like dodo on as well.

yes basically. Fear prevents her from using evasion. Use the chaos dungeon boss rush to farm stats, or use ladle/luck buff/debuff. Also check your difficulty.
Managed to gain enough stats to reliably hit her and apply fear now thanks, Only problem is now the 2nd phase with the clones I cant seem to manage to kill them all with AOE in one turn and I pretty much just get one shot right after.

Edit: Managed to get it done with the kishingatana and a bit of optimization

Last edited:

Cakei

Aug 30, 2017
Got the Ending G, it was a fun adventure.

Though I wanna know just to be sure:

Now to play the final DLC and await the day that BS3 may come out.
Oh your poor poor thing... There is not happy ending on Black Souls... See you after dlc3 buddy

Reactions: DaiReth

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
I hope they've got their happy ending now.
<laughs>
<waits>
<laughs even harder>

As much as I don't want to give this smug cat any more screentime than she already gets, I'll just quote her here.

Also, my word, these DLC3 bosses on difficulty 9 are something else. All I can think of when the enemy starts with an infinite amount of turns before you even get a chance to play:

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Before you go to the DLC3 new area after ending G try to farm out rare weapons/gear in the high-end stages of the Chaosdungeon. It will aid you greatly even if some stuff is % based instead of stats.
You can get the Moonlight Sword & a bunch of rare weapons from it.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Before you go to the DLC3 new area after ending G try to farm out rare weapons/gear in the high-end stages of the Chaosdungeon. It will aid you greatly even if some stuff is % based instead of stats.
You can get the Moonlight Sword & a bunch of rare weapons from it.
Yeah, I highly recommend getting a bunch of weapons maxed out as well.
Some good weapons to max are:
Knight's sword, half damage taken + double hp buff
Bunker shield, 55% physical damage reduction
Han's machine gun, second highest spammable damage in the game, only behind the dlc 3 twin swords which take a long time to actually surpass this
Uchigatana, strong spammable aoe
Beasthunter saw, one of the strongest unavoidable attacks
Club, stun+break on hit
Greataxe, aoe fear
Anchor, +1 action buff
Andor, +1 action to start a fight
Demon catalyst/sorceror's staff if you like magic.

Gathering rings is good too, especially black rabbit rings and +3 rings, although you do get some +3 rings in dlc 3. There's also some gear that only drops in chaos dungeon, like mary's wand (unavoidable aoe dispel).
Can someone tell me how many endings there are in DLC3? or if there are multiple endings there at all and how to get them.
Just one ending but if you have Prickett's ring in your inventory (doesn't need to be equipped) then it gets extended.

samuel1154

May 7, 2018
So is lingerina really just gone from everywhere after that section? She killled florence so I raped her before her sister came to save her and then they left

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Man, DLC 3 is pain incarnate. Doctor J went full Yoshikage Kira on me and he also outspeeds me hard.

Time to try out one of those actual melee weapons now, as magic has finally reached it's limit. Anyone know some stupid damage combos to try out? I believe I can max out a few weapons.

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes