4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
I wasn't aware of this etiquette but now that I do, I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

I don't have absolute precision or mary's wand but do have acces to everything to everything else you just mentioned so I'll be trying out those weapons from now on. Thanks for the advice.

Milkspiller

Nov 3, 2020
Several questions, first who killed my women(and bill) second how do I meet dorthy and the old girls again, 3 what is the lady does she have interactions? She seems like a special mob if not whats the easiest way to kill her Im meeting her alot in chaos dung, 4 how do I access the dlcs 5 and most importantly how do I bang mabel

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Several questions, first who killed my women(and bill) second how do I meet dorthy and the old girls again, 3 what is the lady does she have interactions? She seems like a special mob if not whats the easiest way to kill her Im meeting her alot in chaos dung, 4 how do I access the dlcs 5 and most importantly how do I bang mabel
At progression 10, a certain bird called Jub Jub sings a song of Madness that causes a massive scale of waifu-death, her lair is in the Clock Tower so if you wanna prevent that then rush over there if you still got the time.

Milkspiller

Nov 3, 2020
At progression 10, a certain bird called Jub Jub sings a song of Madness that causes a massive scale of waifu-death, her lair is in the Clock Tower so if you wanna prevent that then rush over there if you still got the time.
bird bitch needs to be fryed earlier next run got it, also I hear about dlcs how do I get to them?

gf2468

Jul 10, 2017
This game is fantastic but holy crap do I wish there was a mod to make enemies only respawn when you rest at bonfires instead of just automatically after a few seconds. It makes exploration really obnoxious sometimes.

Cakei

Aug 30, 2017
This game is fantastic but holy crap do I wish there was a mod to make enemies only respawn when you rest at bonfires instead of just automatically after a few seconds. It makes exploration really obnoxious sometimes.
You will get a invisible spell or use the invisible item cream thing dont remember the name

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
There's invisibility spell at the docks. You can get there by jumping down in the sewers but you need cat ring for that which you can get from the fog park. Other way is taking elevator from the burning forest which you can get to from rabbit hole, but it's blocked by a boss on that path unless you have a pepper to go invisible to sneak past.

Reactions: gf2468 and Beyo

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
You can also use Peppers, and I agree with you about the game.

It's this game and Black Souls that have exposed me to the world of games that have h content but are also GOOD games by themselves. Shrift is worthy of a honourable mention too, now to fullly finish this game still, but that'll come eventually.

Necro434

Jun 28, 2021
Alright, so I've put about 165 hours into this series so far and I see myself easily putting in another 35 where I don't use any coloured souls closer to RDH's release

Now most of that's from 2 but I deeply enjoyed the first 2 games as well

I'll go more into my thoughts on the story at a later date but for now I just wanna say Jub Jub is under appreciated

She does a valuable public service and her only reward is being killed for a gear or thrown in a dungeon

Disgraceful

MasterPlug

Dec 30, 2020
Well i beat DLC 3. and tbh I have way more questions than when i started. i assumed some of my questions from the previous dlcs would be answered here but nope.

I'll just throw a few of my questions here. if you know pls reply i genuinely want to know what's going on.

1.Grimm and Caroll are the same person right? Grimm is like his pen-name he uses when writing Fairy Tales? When you wake up in ending G you walk real slow like an old man, so I assume i'm playing as the 60+ year old Carroll.
2.What even is the "real world"? If both BS1 and BS2 where all dream worlds it would make sense that all these gods can change stuff as they please. But apparently Mary can still make changes to Grimm's existence even in the real world? How? Also how is Little Red Riding Hood in the real world next to Grimm? I can understand Victoria being like Carroll's maid in the real world or something. But isn't Red Hood a Fairy Tale character written by him?
3.How is a character "created"? Like do people from the real world just keep getting sucked into these gardens? Like why does Node need to keep breeding new versions of everyone if gods can seemingly just create whatever characters they want?
4.Isn't wonderland a world created by caroll so he could have fun with an imaginary alice? How exactly did he trap himself there? Aren't the crawling girls created out of his obsession for the real alice? Shouldn't he be in control of everything?
5.Where did Queen Lorina and Eagle Edith come from? Lorina clearly recognizes you as Carroll. Are they actually Alice's family from the real world? Just more characters made by Grimm? I can see Edith getting thrown into the looney bin due to her inability to speak, but how did Lorina become a tyrant? And why is she a nightmare when she's never seen next to the other 3?
6.Is the real world alice (the married old woman with kids) aware that any of this is happening?
7.How does any of the DLC fit into the story? What is the carpenter? What is the world from Kuti and the Oyster? What is Winterbell?
8.What is Mabel? What is Prickett? What is Node? Are their identities ever truly explained?

Honestly I expect most of these to just be "idk man. no one knows its up to interpretation" or "way for new red hood game or bs3 in 5 years". Which, fair enough, i know this game is meant to be cryptic, just wish so many crucial dialogue wasn't hidden. or that every dialogue didn't have 17 layers of lore behind it.

Reactions: johnson.lv42

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Well i beat DLC 3. and tbh I have way more questions than when i started. i assumed some of my questions from the previous dlcs would be answered here but nope.

I'll just throw a few of my questions here. if you know pls reply i genuinely want to know what's going on.

1.Grimm and Caroll are the same person right? Grimm is like his pen-name he uses when writing Fairy Tales? When you wake up in ending G you walk real slow like an old man, so I assume i'm playing as the 60+ year old Carroll.
2.What even is the "real world"? If both BS1 and BS2 where all dream worlds it would make sense that all these gods can change stuff as they please. But apparently Mary can still make changes to Grimm's existence even in the real world? How? Also how is Little Red Riding Hood in the real world next to Grimm? I can understand Victoria being like Carroll's maid in the real world or something. But isn't Red Hood a Fairy Tale character written by him?
3.How is a character "created"? Like do people from the real world just keep getting sucked into these gardens? Like why does Node need to keep breeding new versions of everyone if gods can seemingly just create whatever characters they want?
4.Isn't wonderland a world created by caroll so he could have fun with an imaginary alice? How exactly did he trap himself there? Aren't the crawling girls created out of his obsession for the real alice? Shouldn't he be in control of everything?
5.Where did Queen Lorina and Eagle Edith come from? Lorina clearly recognizes you as Carroll. Are they actually Alice's family from the real world? Just more characters made by Grimm? I can see Edith getting thrown into the looney bin due to her inability to speak, but how did Lorina become a tyrant? And why is she a nightmare when she's never seen next to the other 3?
6.Is the real world alice (the married old woman with kids) aware that any of this is happening?
7.How does any of the DLC fit into the story? What is the carpenter? What is the world from Kuti and the Oyster? What is Winterbell?
8.What is Mabel? What is Prickett? What is Node? Are their identities ever truly explained?

Honestly I expect most of these to just be "idk man. no one knows its up to interpretation" or "way for new red hood game or bs3 in 5 years". Which, fair enough, i know this game is meant to be cryptic, just wish so many crucial dialogue wasn't hidden. or that every dialogue didn't have 17 layers of lore behind it.
Mostly just from my experience. But other people will add/correct me what i got wrong. But from my knowledge thats what i know

1. Grimm is Grimm. Caroll, Andersen, Grimm(Brothers?) and several other famous/infamous fairy tale authors are fused together as a soul abomination by Mary Sue. We know that because its a reveal from BS1. Unknown how old we are or if we age at all. Carol was just the more dominant part related to all the Alice stuff due his obsession with her.

2-3. Thats more the eldritch references & influences. Think of it like layers upon layers. The Greater Ones/Outer Ones are able to manipulate reality and its laws. So its easy for them to shift between planes of existence & kidnap people for their own games/desires. All the "fairy tale" characters exist. Some are the real deal created from concepts & manifested by the Eldritch Gods. Some are brainwashed into that role their true identity being humans from the real world(earth). Or for lore reasons prayed to Great Ones/sold their soul to them etc.
Node is sort of a administrator to the Crawling Ones "love experiment/breeding program". The main reason Grimm as a entity is unique due how Mary Sue created him.
Baseline that helps out greatly. Toro put a lot of Lovecraftian/Cosmic-Horror themes into Fairy Tales Dark Souls/Bloodborn. So if you know what Cosmic-Horror is its easier to figure out all the implications/references.

4. Carol created the story. But due Carol & Alice praying to eldritch gods they "took that wish" and sort of fullfilled it with a sidenote of eldritch corruption. Everything in BS2 is a stage/garden created by eldritch gods. Specifically the Crawling One(Nyarlathotep)
The reason why the crawling girls/Alice versions do what they do is kinda the main story/lore reason. Short version: The Crawling One got corrupted by love & turned mad-insane over it & Grimm being unlucky main target of its obsession-insanity.

5. I will leave that to others its more context related stuff.

6. Harder to pinpoint. I would say eldritch time shenanigans but dont take my word as fact. Much more a speculation.

7. Carpenter was at the wrong time at the wrong place. Kuti is a guest to this world/experiment & child from a more famous/known Greater One.
Winterbell just another layer/world so to speak. Still all connected/inside the "Wonderland"

8. Take this with a spoon of salt: Mabel is most likely Yog Sothoth the all knowing, Prickett implications are she was the first Crawling Girl/Fragment of the Crawling One who is the OG Alice companion of Grimm in his Wonderland adventures(referenced in BS1 & partly shown in BS2 flashbacks/movies), uhhhh Node i dont know if she specifically is tied to a Eldritch God but mostly a Wonderland themed character/reference

Not that i blame you. You just missed a lot of hidden lore in the game & overall context clues. Navigating the SEN events/NPC quest aint that easy withouth a guide :D.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019

I'll answer some of the ones not answered above.
5. I'm of the opinion that anyone that has alternate form at 0 sen is an old one, which would include Loreina. Edith is more like Jack and the other "normal" residents of wonderland. Modified beings to fill the story/world. She was originally intended to be another heroine but "there were too many bird girls".
6. She's the one that summoned crawling one. I would guess after that she was captured by crawling one, de-aged/killed, then her form copied. Her soul remains in the white space.
7. Not sure what you mean by who is the carpenter. In game, it's the deep sea knight. Originally, the carpenter is from the story Walrus and the Carpenter, which is about the two eating oysters on the beach. Supposedly, he is guarding Kuti because she did not recognize him as human due to his suit and thus turned him into a servant. When she first meets you, she comments that you have skin, the eyes are in the right spot, and that you are a man, all of which she wouldn't be able to tell through the carpenter's suit.
The deep sea that Kuti resides in is still in wonderland, her and her sister (oyster) are uninvited guests. They snuck in after their parents refused to come.
Winterbell is Node's old garden. She abandoned it to watch over Grimm. Node and crawling one put Grand Guignol there to hide it.
8. Node is based on . In this story, she is taking the role of the guiding white rabbit from wonderland so she can be close to Grimm, whom she loves. She is also best girl.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Thanks for clearing up 8, 5 &7. I didnt know Node/Nodens detail.
I also never got the lore that Oyster & Kuti are sisters........(i still dont know why but i had the biggest laughflash at Kutis true form. It was so silly...& deadly)

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes