4.80 star(s) 74 Votes

Sidurie

Jan 7, 2020
Man, DLC 3 is pain incarnate.
DLC.png

There's plenty of good advice on dealing with DLC 3 on the last few pages. Ironically in my case, physical damage started lagging behind magic, and once I swapped to a caster build, things started going more smoothly.

If you need physical damage (magic reflect and such), Kishingatana did the trick for me most of the time. Guaranteed crits and Kai skill never missing. The downside of physical builds is that they're a bad match if you want to use Rings of the Black Goat (since that drops your MP to 0).

Magic, on the other hand, just clicks so well. Wand of Creation, plus Awakening, Rings, consumables and Rabbit Watches, and you're essentially throwing nukes out. But even with that, it's an uphill climb.

Just about every fight in DLC 3 will test you in some way, especially with domain effects. You do want a significant chunk of base stats regardless, and for that, there's no better place for farming souls than the boss-rush challenge in Chaos Dungeon. I think I had to farm at least 200 Souls of the Outer One before I could even hold a candle to some of the DLC 3 bosses.

Reactions: DaiReth

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
The real key to combat is just buff stacking. You can get around 5x (10x) attack and 9x magic from buffs, easily capping out around 10-15k stats. On the defensive side you can easily jump your survivability by like 900x or something ridiculous.
For physical, stack atk++, madness, phalanx, resins, and self mutilation if you're brave. Slap them with oil or frozen magic bullets to apply fire/ice resistance reduction for huge damage. For magic, mag++, power within, madness, and if you have it, awakening. Then throw in a 2x stat ring of your choice for either(old king or celestial). BTW, madness can't kill you so as long as you don't lose a turn, you can just leave it on since it gives 2x magic and attack.
For defensive buffs, phalanx, stone skin, def/mdf++, knight's pride, and soul shield+guard. Soul shield by itself reduces damage taken while guarding by 90% or something. For any regular stat buff and madness, don't forget you can use consumable without spending an action. Golden mead from the tavern and buff items from sheep and resins from bear. Swapping weapons is also a free action.
I put down a list of the strong physical weapons earlier. To add on to it, max spear's zex sturm, helkite sword's helbreath with burn, broken sword, heroic vorpal sword (unavoidable spammable attacks that inherent weapon effects, this is not an upgrade from the regular vorpal sword, you need to fight a certain boss for it) and of course god's angels if the battle lasts long enough to charge it. For a meme, bandersnatch sword. You can get infinite slabs as long as you have souls by buying candy at queensland and trading at the crow and you can get tons of souls from running the chaos dungeon boss rush.
For magic, some of the stronger attacks are soul discharges, catherine wheels, rain of darkness, soul stream, tearing grudge, and uh, compared to physical, magic can't really spam strong attacks as much without watches, and reflect exists which is way more dangerous than counter. Physical has a lot of "unavoidable" attacks that ignore counter anyway and also ignore physical resistance. Magical also can't take advantage of elemental weakness as well as physical can. Phys also has access to unis' rapier which is up to 5x damage. Admittedly, that last one is only for one or two bosses really.

Nasty-Nappa

Oct 9, 2017
I finished the library but I can't get ending B for some reason? I keep speaking to node doing all option but nothing happen do you guy's have any idea of what I could have missed?

Edit: my bad I needed the covenants except lorina to get the ending B

Last edited:

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Thanks for the advice everyone, I'll definitely keep it in mind and will have to grind some more in the chaos dungeon.

Grind souls I mean and end game-gear stuff, as my highest stat (speed) is only at 5k and not the 10-20k's that were reccomended. No wonder everything just oneshotted me, this is like those super hard engame challenge thingies.

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
That aside let's have some flavor talk, as in game flavor.

I noticed (and honestly who wouldn't) that Sen is like the 'Insight' stat of this game and would like to talk about the more noticeable things that I saw with it throughout the game.

At certain locations (Mostly the town area) with Sen 0, you can notice that Jub Jub's is stalking you or at least observing you in the form of a cow. (If you use the gear of madness to get back to sen 100, then she dissapears with a cocky laugh)
(Exception being the earliest time you can enter Litwudge, in which you can actually see her fly off in her normal form.)

I'm not sure why she looks like a cow at sen 0 during those moments, as I'm pretty confident that Sen 0 means you're completely unfooled by the illusion of 'Wonderland' and are seeing it in it's true decrepit state. So what's the reason here?

Is she just that good at spreading madness? I'm not sure how she does it when every other Heroine (aside from Pricket and uncorrupted fairy tales) are forced to show their 'true nature' when your sen is 0. So I'm pretty curouis about it.

Speaking more of Sen, I've noticed there's like an actual middle value of it, as in sen 0 is red, sen 60+ is green and sen between 40 and 60 is yellow. Are there actuall events that trigger when your sen is not too high or too low?

Reactions: johnson.lv42

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
That aside let's have some flavor talk, as in game flavor.

I noticed (and honestly who wouldn't) that Sen is like the 'Insight' stat of this game and would like to talk about the more noticeable things that I saw with it throughout the game.

At certain locations (Mostly the town area) with Sen 0, you can notice that Jub Jub's is stalking you or at least observing you in the form of a cow. (If you use the gear of madness to get back to sen 100, then she dissapears with a cocky laugh)
(Exception being the earliest time you can enter Litwudge, in which you can actually see her fly off in her normal form.)

I'm not sure why she looks like a cow at sen 0 during those moments, as I'm pretty confident that Sen 0 means you're completely unfooled by the illusion of 'Wonderland' and are seeing it in it's true decrepit state. So what's the reason here?

Is she just that good at spreading madness? I'm not sure how she does it when every other Heroine (aside from Pricket and uncorrupted fairy tales) are forced to show their 'true nature' when your sen is 0. So I'm pretty curouis about it.

Speaking more of Sen, I've noticed there's like an actual middle value of it, as in sen 0 is red, sen 60+ is green and sen between 40 and 60 is yellow. Are there actuall events that trigger when your sen is not too high or too low?
Pretty sure those cows are just... decorative. They appear even if she's in jail. If you can get a laugh outside the first Lutwidge map, that'd be more decisive evidence, assuming she isn't just hidden behind terrain and it's not just the map reloading from sen change. Where are there even cows outside Lutwidge?

The first Mid sen event that comes to mind is the child's room, the one behind the white door with the big teddy bear and 3 smaller bears. At mid sen (1-30) you can talk to those 3 bears and find out they are the 3 fairies from the holy forest in bs 1.. Duchess' intro where she swings around the meat changes at mid sen. The meat becomes a baby. That's basically it I think. Mid sen isn't really all that utilized.

Blue~

Sep 1, 2018
You guys think he'll finish Dead Red Hood before the month is over? They wanted to release before the year was over.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
You guys think he'll finish Dead Red Hood before the month is over? They wanted to release before the year was over.
Considering Toro finished 36 out of 150 planned CGIs for DRH from his last blog update....no. At best if everything falls into place at the end of 2023 & that doesnt include a english version/translation. It all depends if Toro plans to release JP & EN version at the same time etc.

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
So how is one supposed to beat the Princess of Thorns? (Chaos dungeon)

Her two wheels don't die no matter how many times I lower their hp and she herself keeps buffing herself with magic reflecting buffs and full heals. So I'm not sure what to do here.

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Never mind, beated her by fully focusing on her with a demonic staff and lowering her mdef. All the while surviving the unsurviveable onslaught of her wheel pals by being temporarily immortal. Never again do I wanna fight her tho.

Reactions: br1ll14nt3

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
And now I'm stuck on the Old King. Any tips for that boss? 100% evasion doesn't seem to work on them.

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Speficically their Enfield Attack, I can't dodge it or avoid it and it will always follow the attack with a oneshot Zexcalibur.

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
And now I'm stuck on Nurse Call, I can with ease beat her health out in both phases but the boss just refuses to stay dead no matter how many times I dispell their requiem. (Like every time it dies, it just auto-revives itself)

So what's the deal here? Am I doing something wrong?

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Double never mind, turns out one only had to kill them over and over and over. I'll stop here to not clutter the place.

Jacodu

Nov 26, 2022
Okay final post for today: How does one get past Florence?

She's too evasive for my attacks to hit her (short of a few that can't miss) and even if I do some damage on her she easily heals it all away. I know there's an item that inflicts the Feeble status ( can't heal) but so far even that refuses to work.

So how did y'all beat Florence?

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Bruh, the edit button exists. Doing multiple posts in a row is generally considered bad etiquette.

As to Florence. Phase 1 is just a basic boss fight. The only thing to really watch out for are her gunshots which count as break attacks so keep stoneflesh active if you plan to use guard. Otherwise, I don't think there is much to her there. Even if she can heal, it's random if she uses it and it doesn't heal completely. It kind of sounds like you just aren't doing much damage so maybe you aren't stacking buffs? If you aren't getting close to the stat cap (109998) in battle, you aren't stacking correctly. You can check your stats in battle with the equip menu. Pay attention to her buffs so you know when she is using dodge. Combo dispel with absolute precision and you can dispel dodge, or use crushing depths from the anchor, or mary's wand if you happen to have gotten it from the chaos dungeon. You can also just ignore dodge with god's angel, heroic vorpal, kishingatana, and probably some other attacks I am forgetting but those three all have spammable unavoidable attacks.
Phase 2 will either be difficult or be a free win. If you want to do it the hard way: have plenty of health regen. It's free if you equipped abhorrent cloak or god fish ring. You still need health regen against phase 1 though.

4.80 star(s) 74 Votes