4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
I think it'd be cool to put together a list of all the literature and sources of each of the settings... like Wonderland is from Carrol Lewis, the Fish Market is probably from Lovecraft's The Shadow over Innsmouth with the fishpeople, but I'd like to know if the other settings like the Smouldering Forest, Mental Ward, Slaughterhouse, Deep Sea, God's Fish etc what they're from and based off, if they are based off something.
This Japanese wiki page has everything you're talking about. Google Translate your heart out.

Do you think there will be a third game after the conclusion we saw after End G?
Blacksouls really stood out and had a certain charm to it but I dont know how it could continue.
Storywise and background. What I mean is that we finally escaped the nightmare with RRR but is this really it?
Everythings normal in the real world?
Also in terms of folk and fairytales I think we used basically everything there is as well.
I am not that versed in this regard but do you know of any more writers that wrote a decent amount to use?

Just a thought from me.
We most certainly have NOT used all the folk and fairy tales in the world. I don't even think everything from the Brothers Grimm, Lewis Carroll, and definitely not Lovecraft's works has been used. As for possible DLC3 and BS3 content...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
I think the guy meant that it's normal to feel lost if you skipped the first chapter of the series entirely.
This game (and its predecessor) takes wide inspiration from DarkSouls and, like Dark Souls, it's a bit on the harder side, but, like DS, the game can be exploited.
Like Dark Souls, the early game is easier if you pick the right class and go for the right build.
This is also a JRPG so grinding your way to victory is an option if you want.
If you're really weak sauce, or you "don't have time to waste with this unbalanced gameplay", you can always cheat with CE, we ain't stopping ya.
Or you can follow .
Or you can ask for help here.

I don't think this game is unbalanced, just a tad bit harder to approach than your average RPGMaker game.
Yeah I tried the rpg save maker and yet all my increases in stats are wiped by some boss. I think it's fair to say that the game isn't for me.
Thanks for your responses though, a bit better than "what did you expect"

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
A bit of playability, not constant deaths from overpowered foes?
That's too much, eh?
If you're talking about the first boss, you can play around it and beat him early on by using breaks and stuff or fall to your death a few times to get some free black souls. The game also lets you heal for free at the start of each turn so the boss is far from unbeatable. Or if you're talking about stupidly strong enemies later on, you either need to grind or you probably shouldn't be in that area yet, or you should avoid that specific enemy. This is an open world game, that's how they work.

But again I don't know why anyone would play this without playing the first game first. The story will make no sense to you and it doesn't look like you're in it for the gameplay. If you just want H scenes I'm sure there's a 100% save file floating around here somewhere.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Everything I'm about to say has been said before, but it bears repeating. The element of discovery in BS2 is a very large part of the intended experience with the game. You kind of have to be okay with dying often (dying is its own reward with the Black Souls you get per death anyway) to have fun with this game, unless you follow a walkthrough.

The game is VERY unbalanced in that difficulty spikes are everywhere since the game uses the "shouldn't have done that" method of teaching the player how to succeed. It also swings in the opposite direction often, where you can steamroll easier areas back-to-back. This is especially prevalent on NG+, where pretty much nothing stands a chance against you for a majority of the playthrough while you're busy taking care of things quickly and efficiently now that you have prior knowledge of the world and where everything is.

This is what I assume to be the intended full playthrough, from NG to true ending, including "mistakes" by most players who simply won't know any better:

Last edited:

Diorus

Nov 10, 2017
Hmmmm,i think Queen of Hearts will have a part in new dlc,why you ask?
Well,it's simple,if you do a 0 sen run,you will notice that almost every heroine is replaced with black thing,but Queen of Hearts have a diferent model from everyone else,also she know that Carol sold his soul to God for a wish...(That's just a speculation)

Last edited:

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
Hmmmm,i think Queen of Hearts will have a part in new dlc,why you ask?
Well,it's simple,if you do a 0 sen run,you will notice that almost every heroine is replaced with black thing,but Queen of Hearts have a diferent model from everyone else,also she know that Carol sold his soul to Old Gods for a wish...(That's just a speculation)
I'm 99% sure Lorina's monstrous model is the same as everybody else's. What are you talking about? Also, when does the game hint that Lorina knows anything about Carroll?

Diorus

Nov 10, 2017
I'm 99% sure Lorina's monstrous model is the same as everybody else's. What are you talking about? Also, when does the game hint that Lorina knows anything about Carroll?
I am talking about dialog portret,and about Carroll,in Reward scene.

Last edited:

Shinkaishoujo

Jun 13, 2019
Yeah I tried the rpg save maker and yet all my increases in stats are wiped by some boss. I think it's fair to say that the game isn't for me.
As someone who doesn't really like turn based combat, I was thinking of making a 'cheating guide' as it were. If I read this correctly and you want to use the save editor to cheat, this is how I did it:
1) Give yourself a 'gear of madness', an item that lets you set your SEN to either 0 or 100. No more wasting time with black souls or drugs.
2) For stats, give yourself 999 tainted black souls. I'm pretty sure this is the fastest way to artificially increase your stats. Use the Gear to reset your SEN since using them all will drop your SEN completely negative. Do this as many times as need be, for the first ~half of the game 2-4 times is enough to kill everything quickly, later on you need to do it a few more times. Keep in mind that most things have a dialogue/form change trigger at 50% health, which you miss if you instagib them so its worth not overkilling it or using a particularly weak spell.
3) Obviously give yourself Souls to level and as currency
4) One of your most powerful attacks with this is gonna be the Critical Strike 'spell'. I dont remember where to find it, but you can cheat in the tome that unlocks it.
5) If you don't want to do the Black Rabbit of Inaba questline for some reason, cheating in a Moonlight Greatsword will be useful as its Moonlight Blade is incredibly powerful, even in comparison to the rest of your abilities.

Reactions: dav121

Checkman

May 24, 2017
I just saw that Blackbeard Edward's ring has a 5% Instant Death Rate. How does that work? Can it be used with skills? Can you kill bosses with it?

Checkman

May 24, 2017
What Boss do you have a problem with?

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
I just saw that Blackbeard Edward's ring has a 5% Instant Death Rate. How does that work? Can it be used with skills? Can you kill bosses with it?
It gives you a 5% bonus (stacks with itself additively) to apply the "death" state per hit, it can be used with all skills with a physical component, and all bosses (including Madness Spirits) are immune to instant death.

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes