4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
Ok I have been scrolling the thred for a way to kill Old king. I'm stuck. As I understand I'm supposed to break him. But when he does the gravity thing, he does the Xcalibur thing instantly, I dont have a chance to break it. Do I lack stats? every stat is around 4k and magic whit buffs is 50K or more. I have the dmg to kill him I just cant survive that 1 attack. What even am I suppsed to do?

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
Well beaten that bloody Old king finaly. I think the battle is buged out since the break sometimes wouldnt work and other times she would you skills kinda out of order. I spent over an h figuring out the combination of skills and buffs I can and cant do for break skills to not "break". It was a pain, but finaly DLC time.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Ok I have been scrolling the thred for a way to kill Old king. I'm stuck. As I understand I'm supposed to break him. But when he does the gravity thing, he does the Xcalibur thing instantly, I dont have a chance to break it. Do I lack stats? every stat is around 4k and magic whit buffs is 50K or more. I have the dmg to kill him I just cant survive that 1 attack. What even am I suppsed to do?
You have to dodge gravity. If you don't have dodge up when she uses gravity, you will get gravity status effect, which stops you from acting, longer than it takes her to use zexcalibur. Dodge protects you from literally every status effect except stun and ankle cut (which guard protects against both of those). Even if the attack is unavoidable.
Well beaten that bloody Old king finaly. I think the battle is buged out since the break sometimes wouldnt work and other times she would you skills kinda out of order. I spent over an h figuring out the combination of skills and buffs I can and cant do for break skills to not "break". It was a pain, but finaly DLC time.
Break can fail to work if your luck is too low compared to the enemy. Old king has like 4000 luck or something so you need at least 3000. IIRC, later bosses in the dlc have up to around 9k luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vesperr

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
You have to dodge gravity. If you don't have dodge up when she uses gravity, you will get gravity status effect, which stops you from acting, longer than it takes her to use zexcalibur. Dodge protects you from literally every status effect except stun and ankle cut (which guard protects against both of those). Even if the attack is unavoidable.

Break can fail to work if your luck is too low compared to the enemy. Old king has like 4000 luck or something so you need at least 3000. IIRC, later bosses in the dlc have up to around 9k luck.
9k? I thought I was overleveled whit level 999 and around 4k in most stats, but it turns out I'm way underleveled? Wow.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
9k? I thought I was overleveled whit level 999 and around 4k in most stats, but it turns out I'm way underleveled? Wow.
The boss rush next to the chaos dungeon is a quick way to level. If you have 2x souls from prickett or silver ring, it'll only take like 2 or 3 runs to get those stats.

Reactions: rasberrybaret

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
Any advice for boss rush? I'm at (I think) 5th room and I reach that samurai boss that has 3 healthbars. How do I kill him? at 3rd healthbar he gets some purple aura buff, cant break it, dodge it, block it. It strips all my buffs and just kills me. Insta killing him does not seam to work either, looks like I cant kill him before he attacks. How do I beat him??

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Any advice for boss rush? I'm at (I think) 5th room and I reach that samurai boss that has 3 healthbars. How do I kill him? at 3rd healthbar he gets some purple aura buff, cant break it, dodge it, block it. It strips all my buffs and just kills me. Insta killing him does not seam to work either, looks like I cant kill him before he attacks. How do I beat him??
My strat was ungo bungo it. Switch to Knights Sword get the Knights Pride buff going for more hp. Keep up your omnibuffs up a. o. requiem. Before Momotaro goes all out in the last orb phase. Switch to Bunker or any other defense weapon if you want to make sure to survive that attack. I always switched to Titan Sword after it and just multiattack. Usually that killed it. Defensive Ring Combo can also help. IF you want to tank it out with more HP.

Honestly never knew exactly how that orb mechanic worked. Usually switched to defensive weapons tanking it. Before i gained enough stats to spam several attack moves killing her.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
She autodies after the attack, you just have to survive it. The attack combo is all lightning element with some being physical attacks and others being certain hit so using lightning resist ring + bunker blade helps a lot. DON'T GUARD. Guard reduces your evasion by -100% and her deadliest attacks in the combo can actually be dodged. Get 30% evasion from gear, like empty ring +3 and skyknight helm or if you have quick dance you can just use that and dodge at the same time. If you can stack 60% evasion from gear, you can do quick dance + dodge + guard though and in that case throwing in soul shield helps too. Also have knight's pride up and attack debuffs on her, stoneskin and phalanx too if you can squeeze them in. Don't bother with stat buffs as the first attack dispels them.
Ring setup should be lightning stone ring, black rabbit ring, ressurectionist ring, empty ring +3 or leaf ring. Shield can be mercury shield (change ressurectionist ring to something else in this case), griffin or target shield (both give +15% evasion with griffin shield also giving a guard bonus), or mock turtle shield (switch lightning ring in this case). Armor is probably angel wrap for more hp and helmet being deep sea helmet for defense or onimusha/lawyer for offence, maybe sky knight if you want to squeeze out some more evasion. Use duchess covenant for +1 action if your agi is >6k since 3k is the soft cap for agi. If not then node for even more hp or lorina for lightning resist so you can change out lightning resist on other gear.
My strat was ungo bungo it. Switch to Knights Sword get the Knights Pride buff going for more hp. Keep up your omnibuffs up a. o. requiem. Before Momotaro goes all out in the last orb phase. Switch to Bunker or any other defense weapon if you want to make sure to survive that attack. I always switched to Titan Sword after it and just multiattack. Usually that killed it. Defensive Ring Combo can also help. IF you want to tank it out with more HP.

Honestly never knew exactly how that orb mechanic worked. Usually switched to defensive weapons tanking it. Before i gained enough stats to spam several attack moves killing her.
The orbs are her lives/phases. First one uses deviledge skillset, second one uses uchigatana, last orb is just the one combo attack and if you survive it she seppuku. You cannot kill her when she is on the last orb, you have to take the attack.

Reactions: Omnom88 and Vesperr

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
Phenir, wow thanks a lot whit this I'll try again. Game gives little info and what does what exacly so its mostly gessing for mechanics. THB I almost feel like we play 2 difrent games whit that detailed explanation. Once again thanks a lot.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Phenir, wow thanks a lot whit this I'll try again. Game gives little info and what does what exacly so its mostly gessing for mechanics. THB I almost feel like we play 2 difrent games whit that detailed explanation. Once again thanks a lot.
Some of it's trial and error (easy to tell if an attack is certain hit since you can't dodge it), some of its knowledge from others (I would have never guessed she did lightning damage), and some of its digging in the game files (some of her combo actually ignore guard and damage reduction which is why I suggest not relying on guard).

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
Welp, beaten the bastard. It was actualy easy. I swapped my dmg oriented gear for def one and viola, not even half hp on final attack. And that was last one as well. Whatever. DLC, here I come. Once more thanks a lot.

mehmeme

May 8, 2018
Welp, beaten the bastard. It was actualy easy. I swapped my dmg oriented gear for def one and viola, not even half hp on final attack. And that was last one as well. Whatever. DLC, here I come. Once more thanks a lot.
There is another fight in the next room though

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Thanks Phenir that makes a lot more sense now. I always assumed the Orbs are some kind of Guts mechanic(survives at 1 hp and gains new health). So i was spamming multi-attacks viva the extra attacks from rings.
Turns out all i needed was solid attacks alongside dodge. I am a caveman....

Vesperr

Sep 11, 2018
I got to level 999 too early using the chaos dungeon is there a way to reset it?
Kinda yes. There is an NPC at the train station that can drain you levels and kill you. 5 each time. You gotta get the ticket from the duchess, use the train, go back to station after wards and talk to that NPC. Just turn off H scenes in the memory room and it should go fast. Still its 5 levels each time and belive me even on level 999 you are still weak as fuck.

Fake Rabi ~

Oct 22, 2018
Missing Sho (dlc 3 so you can't get her until after G end). Oyster does not have a covenant, she's just a sidequest. Jabberwock and Bandersnatch covenants don't have bad outcomes but you can't finish Vernai's quest if you want to keep Jabberwock's covenant. Technically Jub jub's covenant doesn't have a bad outcome, not handling her in time causes a bad outcome. You can get most of the covenants without triggering her but eh.

Chick does not have a covenant.
wait so i can make her a covenant also? i thought the only way to stop her from killing other covenants is by raping or imprisoning her..

Fake Rabi ~

Oct 22, 2018
Missing Sho (dlc 3 so you can't get her until after G end). Oyster does not have a covenant, she's just a sidequest. Jabberwock and Bandersnatch covenants don't have bad outcomes but you can't finish Vernai's quest if you want to keep Jabberwock's covenant. Technically Jub jub's covenant doesn't have a bad outcome, not handling her in time causes a bad outcome. You can get most of the covenants without triggering her but eh.

Chick does not have a covenant.
wait so i can make her a covenant also? i thought the only way to stop her from killing other covenants is by raping or imprisoning her..

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I did not say that forming a covenant with jub jub stops her from causing other covenant npcs to die. I said that forming a covenant with her is not what causes that event. To be clear, forming a covenant with her does not stop other npcs from dying. They will still die if she is not imprisoned or killed by progress 10.
Delete This

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes