4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Bruh i litterally melted enemies and bosses in the first game because sorcerer was so OP
Maybe that's your problem? Sorcery kind of sucks in 2, compared to weapon skills anyway. Phys has easier access to more attack buffs, more attacks in general with higher multiplier, doesn't get fucked by reflect or resists. It just needs some investment as a lot of really good skills are behind +10. Still some good stuff before +10 though, +9 hans is almost just as good as +10.

runkkukulli123

Jan 23, 2021
Hey guys. So I've been following the walkthrough posted on the OP and I got to the Carrol River boss part. Guide tells me to summon Fairy Tale to help me during the fight, but it is nowhere to be seen? Have I fucked up somewhere?

I did kill the boss without the help, but I think I will be missing the Fairy Tale and everything it gives me. Tried searching the thread if anyone had similar issues but found nothing.

Please advice.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
You're hollowed, you died at some point. You can tell by the debuff your character has that never seems to go away. Use a girl's scent to remove it. Also the reward for collecting all the fairy tales isn't anything you can't get elsewhere. It's also not a requirement for any endings unlike the first game.

Zazukay

Sep 25, 2017
I played this game like 1.5 years ago and used the walkthrough religiously and realised I don't understand/remember most of the plot and secrets.

So I've started a new run that is 'blind' and just wanna confirm if

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Would appreciate any tips or guidelines to take note of aside from

Quyyeurem

Dec 13, 2022
Can anyone tell me where the dark matter is? Following the instructions I entered the cave entrance and went all over the cemetery and didn't see the dark matter anywhere Screenshot_2023-05-26-16-38-35-34_6f222323860cb8b3cbff0909a5afd514.jpg

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I played this game like 1.5 years ago and used the walkthrough religiously and realised I don't understand/remember most of the plot and secrets.

1. Yes, they respawn. No consequences.
2. None, as long as you know which ones have questlines and which ones don't.
3. Yep, they also generally drop an equipment you can't get anywhere else in the main game (can still get it in the chaos dungeon). The one in dlc 3 is special though.
4. Anything from the third dlc cannot be found in the chaos dungeon. Additionally, you can't find the true vorpal sword in the chaos dungeon. There are some items that can only be found in the chaos dungeon.
Can anyone tell me where the dark matter is? Following the instructions I entered the cave entrance and went all over the cemetery and didn't see the dark matter anywhere View attachment 2651096
Every damn time with this part of the guide. The dark matter it's talking about is in the torture chamber in the bloody pond. That's why it said to go LEFT from the bonfire, not up. You're not even in a cave. Make sure to read it more carefully next time. I know it's kind of shitty directions though since it doesn't mention an area transition. Writer should have guided from the bloody pond bonfire instead.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zazukay

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zazukay

hoathan40000

Mar 18, 2018
Regarding the 3 Alices and the 3 nightmares, I think there are 3 Great Ones who play 3 Alices and at the same time they also play 3 nightmares.

In Winterbell, in the house on the far left there is a stuffed bear on the bed. Choosing "Peek inside" will trigger a cutscene between little sister Alice and Mabel:

"The one who was older sister Alice disappeared some 'cycles' ago. Some other Great Ones who were invited to this dream world are gone too. ...Do you know anything about it?"

"......Wear the role, and even your soul will sink into the actor until you forget what you truly are."

Regardless of player choice, we always see 3 Alice and 3 nightmares in a new cycle but older sister Alice has completely disappeared. So I think 3 Alice and 3 nightmares are just roles, what happens to the roles doesn't affect the Great Ones. If a role is killed, they just change to another role.
Role-playing also affects the Great Ones' thoughts, actions, and perceptions. This explains the action of the 3 nightmares in routes F and G.

Tachanka0203

Oct 24, 2022
Maybe that's your problem? Sorcery kind of sucks in 2, compared to weapon skills anyway. Phys has easier access to more attack buffs, more attacks in general with higher multiplier, doesn't get fucked by reflect or resists. It just needs some investment as a lot of really good skills are behind +10. Still some good stuff before +10 though, +9 hans is almost just as good as +10.

I started playing on a new game and with all my levels and such made it easier to make a new build. Though im kind of Fucked on the deep sea knight since he one shots me and i cant get good enoug EVA gear.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I started playing on a new game and with all my levels and such made it easier to make a new build. Though im kind of Fucked on the deep sea knight since he one shots me and i cant get good enoug EVA gear.
There's a ring of sin in the previous area that gives 50% evasion by itself. It's near where the nightmare spirit attacks. Add on thief cloak and a target shield for another 30% and leaf ring and you have 100% evasion without dodge (which he can dispel so don't rely on that). Even without ring of sin or leaf ring, you can get abhorrent cloak and/or empty ring to make up some. You'll need some health regen or leech though if you use abhorrent cloak. Dark side moon spell and demon/deviledge sword have lifeleech. Also get fear immunity.
Btw, make sure you killed the whalebeast in the previous area or you can't recruit Pinocchio for the fight.

Last edited:

Tachanka0203

Oct 24, 2022
There's a ring of sin in the previous area that gives 50% evasion by itself. It's near where the nightmare spirit attacks. Add on thief cloak and a target shield for another 30% and leaf ring and you have 100% evasion without dodge (which he can dispel so don't rely on that). Even without ring of sin or leaf ring, you can get abhorrent cloak and/or empty ring to make up some. You'll need some health regen or leech though if you use abhorrent cloak. Dark side moon spell and demon/deviledge sword have lifeleech. Also get fear immunity.
Btw, make sure you killed the whalebeast in the previous area or you can't recruit Pinocchio for the fight.

I see. The whalebeast also 1 shots me so imma have to figure out a build. Gonna go on my third playthrough soon since GRIFFEN decided to kill the hearts queen and such and i need to figure out how to get the dlc and play a playthrough with 0 sen so i can meet red hood and all the other stuff

Nexus Gem

May 5, 2021
Man, the writers definitely used some mushrooms while writing the H-scenes, because the dialogues are wild :ROFLMAO:

mehmeme

May 8, 2018
I see. The whalebeast also 1 shots me so imma have to figure out a build. Gonna go on my third playthrough soon since GRIFFEN decided to kill the hearts queen and such and i need to figure out how to get the dlc and play a playthrough with 0 sen so i can meet red hood and all the other stuff
To be clear, you dont need to kill "Gods Fish" (the one you run past), its some other enemy that you need to kill. Way easier than gods fish.

nio :3

Jun 4, 2017

I spent 10 hours watching an essay about this game's plot if you know Russian or can use AI for real-time video translation you can watch it too - "Предельно краткий сюжет Black Souls 2"

Zazukay

Sep 25, 2017
I spent 10 hours watching an essay about this game's plot if you know Russian or can use AI for real-time video translation you can watch it too - "Предельно краткий сюжет Black Souls 2"

Damn thats a real long video but I believe you. I was going in and out of this thread a lot over the years and didn't even know more than 50% of the things. So many secrets in this game and a lot of mutally exclusive scenes. Don't even know what happens in dlc3 but thats a long long time away

In comparison, it felt like black souls 1 was pretty simple to understand and there wasn't many secrets in that (I think).

Tachanka0203

Oct 24, 2022
To be clear, you dont need to kill "Gods Fish" (the one you run past), its some other enemy that you need to kill. Way easier than gods fish.

Well i killed the deep sea night and idk what to do from here. Got like every boss and idk how to accesse the DLC

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes