4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

sammo905

Jun 28, 2018
There's not a set path of progression, it's pretty much open world.
your right but aren't you forgetting an mad bird and jack the ripper
once you figure it out there really only a few ways to advance if
you wanna save as many npcs as possible

its better off to just explore the first time around
there is a chance to redo things anyway

Sm.25

Oct 31, 2022
Where can I upgrade rings I got?

I keep getting +3/+2 versions in the chaos dungeon, and I want Hornet Ring to be maxed out.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
your right but aren't you forgetting an mad bird and jack the ripper
once you figure it out there really only a few ways to advance if
you wanna save as many npcs as possible

its better off to just explore the first time around
there is a chance to redo things anyway
I'm not. Like you said it's better to just explore first time instead of go for a goal. And if something happens because of that, well that's just black souls.

Tachanka0203

Oct 24, 2022
I think i got halfway through the game before i quit. Battles just seem so unfair compared to the first game. Im legit lvl 400 and get one shot. Story is good but combat being so unfair just ruins it for me.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Huh i dont know about unfair. Lots o unique/special boss/mob mechanics sure. Usual RPG Trial and Error. But majority is just stat scale increasing depending on the area a. o. good use of the various items if you lack the skills/magic.
But i am more confused why you stopped/had that much trouble. Considering i spend at the early days a total of 4 times in the Chaos dungeon for like 2 hours max. Majority of the regular game was easy enough to manage after these trips.

Except for things like the deep sea stuff, that unique whale boss & Winterbell.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Even funnier is that he thinks dying is bad.
Dying is the core BlackSouls experience. :KEK:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
AFAIK there isn't one that covers both the main game and dlc 3 and there isn't one that covers the chaos dungeon one at all. The dlc3 walkthrough is here

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Phenir also made a short guide/explanation on 279 for the visual novel section & their endings in DLC3. There is also another one floating around if you search with keywords.
Overall NPC interactions & questlines are also all over the place if you want to dive deep for various dialoges.

aouhouzu

Sep 14, 2022
Just finished the game and besides the tinnitus inflicted due to gears turning in my head, I'm still confused about one aspect of the lore

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Three alices aren't 3 nightmares, too many holes in that theory imo.
Cannon is in a chest that appears after you beat the boat boss while having sinbad helping you. If you leave the area before picking it up, it disappears.

aouhouzu

Sep 14, 2022
Three alices aren't 3 nightmares, too many holes in that theory imo.
Cannon is in a chest that appears after you beat the boat boss while having sinbad helping you. If you leave the area before picking it up, it disappears.

Thanks for cannon tip i missed it lol. Also for the 3 nightmares I'm glad im not the only one that finds it weird.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
There is some similarities between the nightmares and the three alices but I don't think they are directly related. The souls of 3 nightmares have a description that could also be applied to the 3 alices, especially the way they act at the end of H end or their respective E endings. However, the main reason I don't think the alices are the nightmares is what happens in G/F end. After the initial 3v3, Jabberwock uses her curse to annihilate Bandersnatch and Jub Jub, so why doesn't she do that in H end? I rather think that them appearing at the end of H end was them finally getting out from under crawling one in the chaos over Grimm making his own escape. It's really hard to tell either way though since it happens so close to the ending that there is not much to go on and lots of things are happening offscreen, probably to leave it a bit open ended so there's room to write in 3. We'll have to patiently wait until then for real answers, if we even get any.

Reactions: aouhouzu
4.80 star(s) 71 Votes