4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I can get to like depth 9 on boss rush before i get rekt. Got any item build as well that can help me out? i normally just use storm ruler.
Storm ruler is kind of shitty for boss fights. Some weapons with strong skills are the spear (gungnir), beast saw, broken sword, kishingatana. Also notable is han's machine gun, especially if you debuff their defense. Don't forget you can switch weapons in combat. But with those stats you should be stomping the bosses anyway. Are you stacking buffs like phalanx, attack++, and madness? Also I recommend using Margaret for your covenant. +1 action is too good to pass up and speed soft caps at around 3000. Accuracy is worthless as well.
Does anybody know what RPG maker engine this game runs on?
vx ace.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
I can get to like depth 9 on boss rush before i get rekt. Got any item build as well that can help me out? i normally just use storm ruler.
Seems solid for your current state stat wise. I recommend the cave man approach. Get Sword of Gigants & just bash down bosses on max omnibless a. o. omnidebuffs. (maxing Greatsword). Omnistrike with it also solved the puss in boots problem.

Deviledge is also a option if you want lifesteal as you can balance the -10% HP out with rings.
Sunlight Armor is my go to because the speed debuff doesnt matter anymore for me.
You could offset that minus in speed by Dodo covenant.
-Pumpkin Knights Rings (extra strikes/+1 hit)
-1 free slot you need to fill anything
-2 Black Rabbit rings for the extra attack chance. The double MP didnt matter anymore because my mana pool was huge & if you equip the HP-MP regen ring you just never run out.
-Hans machine gun at +5 also allows wild attack bursts.
-Manslayer shootgun in combination with White Rabbits Clock is also a way to cheese bosses. Or any attack item you can spam like knifes (scale with speed if i remember that correctly)
-King Knights sword is usefull for its main buff and then just switch to a different high dmg weapon in combat. Thats what did when i had a hard time against the Samurai & our old eternal Foe
-Very early on in the grind i also used Gungnir`s passive reflect dmg shenanigans & just tanked it.
-Kishingatana if you want to go all in on crit withouth crit rings. Just build around it depending on the boss to either survive/guard/dodge whatever it is in the boss rush depth.
-Deep Sea Knight Anker with a 200% attack boost at +5 also allows some fun non stop stun shenanigans. But i wouldnt use it in the last 2 sections.

My heart wants to recommend moonlight greatsword for the memes. Buuuuuuuut only the BS1 version was truly "powerfull" for its time. BS2 overall has stronger/more usefull weapons & moonlight only works if you have the stats to just slam and jam the boss down. I guess its nice to have against Thorn Queen and the wheels. But any AOE does to keep them in check.

Tachanka0203

Oct 24, 2022
Seems solid for your current state stat wise. I recommend the cave man approach. Get Sword of Gigants & just bash down bosses on max omnibless a. o. omnidebuffs. (maxing Greatsword). Omnistrike with it also solved the puss in boots problem.

Deviledge is also a option if you want lifesteal as you can balance the -10% HP out with rings.
Sunlight Armor is my go to because the speed debuff doesnt matter anymore for me.
You could offset that minus in speed by Dodo covenant.
-Pumpkin Knights Rings (extra strikes/+1 hit)
-1 free slot you need to fill anything
-2 Black Rabbit rings for the extra attack chance. The double MP didnt matter anymore because my mana pool was huge & if you equip the HP-MP regen ring you just never run out.
-Hans machine gun at +5 also allows wild attack bursts.
-Manslayer shootgun in combination with White Rabbits Clock is also a way to cheese bosses. Or any attack item you can spam like knifes (scale with speed if i remember that correctly)
-King Knights sword is usefull for its main buff and then just switch to a different high dmg weapon in combat. Thats what did when i had a hard time against the Samurai & our old eternal Foe
-Very early on in the grind i also used Gungnir`s passive reflect dmg shenanigans & just tanked it.
-Kishingatana if you want to go all in on crit withouth crit rings. Just build around it depending on the boss to either survive/guard/dodge whatever it is in the boss rush depth.
-Deep Sea Knight Anker with a 200% attack boost at +5 also allows some fun non stop stun shenanigans. But i wouldnt use it in the last 2 sections.

My heart wants to recommend moonlight greatsword for the memes. Buuuuuuuut only the BS1 version was truly "powerfull" for its time. BS2 overall has stronger/more usefull weapons & moonlight only works if you have the stats to just slam and jam the boss down. I guess its nice to have against Thorn Queen and the wheels. But any AOE does to keep them in check.

While the caveman way seems alright i feel i stops doing good damage around depth 9 and i get almost 1 shot. What items are you specifally using? headgear etc.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
While the caveman way seems alright i feel i stops doing good damage around depth 9 and i get almost 1 shot. What items are you specifally using? headgear etc.
Simply kill them before they kill you.
Here's a catch all that should sweep the boss rush besides onimusha. 2x black rabbit ring, hornet ring +3, empty ring +3 (or celestial ring if you have it), target shield, onimusha armor, igor mask (or any low speed penalty helmet if you are slow), use Margaret covenant. You've got 4 actions, 5 if you start with andor sword equipped. Swap to jub jub bow and use mad bird scream, use king's command, swap to anchor and use indignation, swap to true vorpal sword and spam ultimate slashes. If you don't have true vorpal, use +5 hans but watch out for cinderella. Second turn, use phalanx and reinforce and continue ultimate slashes spam. Heal if you want to. Everything should die in one slash or two slashes, depending on the stage, which means they never get a turn. Only Onimusha can really hurt you because of her gimmick. Cure yourself after the fight to avoid madness damage and do it again in the next room.
If you really need to take a hit, gear isn't what saves you (besides bunker shield), buffs are. Knight's pride from +10 knight sword halves the damage you take and doubles your hp, that's 4x effective hp. Guarding halves the damage you take again, 8x. Soul shield reduces the damage you take while guarding by NINETY PERCENT. 80x effective hp. And that's not even taking into account a situation where you debuff their attack and buff your own defense so high that they can't actually do damage to you. I'm gonna be honest, if you are having this much trouble with the boss rush then dlc 3 is going to destroy you.

Tachanka0203

Oct 24, 2022
Simply kill them before they kill you.
Here's a catch all that should sweep the boss rush besides onimusha. 2x black rabbit ring, hornet ring +3, empty ring +3 (or celestial ring if you have it), target shield, onimusha armor, igor mask (or any low speed penalty helmet if you are slow), use Margaret covenant. You've got 4 actions, 5 if you start with andor sword equipped. Swap to jub jub bow and use mad bird scream, use king's command, swap to anchor and use indignation, swap to true vorpal sword and spam ultimate slashes. If you don't have true vorpal, use +5 hans but watch out for cinderella. Second turn, use phalanx and reinforce and continue ultimate slashes spam. Heal if you want to. Everything should die in one slash or two slashes, depending on the stage, which means they never get a turn. Only Onimusha can really hurt you because of her gimmick. Cure yourself after the fight to avoid madness damage and do it again in the next room.
If you really need to take a hit, gear isn't what saves you (besides bunker shield), buffs are. Knight's pride from +10 knight sword halves the damage you take and doubles your hp, that's 4x effective hp. Guarding halves the damage you take again, 8x. Soul shield reduces the damage you take while guarding by NINETY PERCENT. 80x effective hp. And that's not even taking into account a situation where you debuff their attack and buff your own defense so high that they can't actually do damage to you. I'm gonna be honest, if you are having this much trouble with the boss rush then dlc 3 is going to destroy you.

I havn't really used many diffrent kind of weapons and such and just stick with one kind since it got me through main game and i just started on the dungeons and such.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Well do try out different weapons. A lot of them have very useful skills at +5/+10 like anchor or knight sword.
DLC 3 boss fights generally require you to think outside the box as they place limitations on you. Like the first boss constantly drains your health and prevents item use, and the second boss makes healing hurt you and reduces your attack and magic to 0.

Reactions: Omnom88
Mar 26, 2019
Storm ruler is kind of shitty for boss fights. Some weapons with strong skills are the spear (gungnir), beast saw, broken sword, kishingatana. Also notable is han's machine gun, especially if you debuff their defense. Don't forget you can switch weapons in combat. But with those stats you should be stomping the bosses anyway. Are you stacking buffs like phalanx, attack++, and madness? Also I recommend using Margaret for your covenant. +1 action is too good to pass up and speed soft caps at around 3000. Accuracy is worthless as well.

vx ace.
Thanks.

Mar 26, 2019
Well do try out different weapons. A lot of them have very useful skills at +5/+10 like anchor or knight sword.
DLC 3 boss fights generally require you to think outside the box as they place limitations on you. Like the first boss constantly drains your health and prevents item use, and the second boss makes healing hurt you and reduces your attack and magic to 0.
Might be wrong, but I think the Boss doesn't disable/Reverse Regeneration.

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
My endgame build was:
-2 pumpkin knight rings
-2 black rabbit rings.
I would switch 1pumpkin knights ring if i needed the soul x2 ring or story related stuff leaf ring, prickett ring, cat ring etc etc.

3 main weapons i always used (switching inside combat)
-Giants Sword
-Crit Kishingatana
-King Knights Sword.

-Heins Sycthe there was one time i used it for the Fish God because Heins does % dmg.

Armor/Headgear
-Mabels treasure ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (I vividly remember using viking helm for the longest time but that was very early on)
-Sunlight Armor for the def & atk stat boost
-Cannon or Shotgun
-various shields because depending on the boss encounter i would always switch if needed to dodge, tank or simply gain some resistance boosts. I wasnt really betting on one single item. I would always adapt to the situation and switch gear.

Phenir also mentioned a lot of good stuff. Usually i would listen to him because he has been around of for the longest & knows his stuff. Heck Phenir`s insight helped me greatly in my run before i even made a account here.

Storm Ruler is/was only really usefull for me farming the hidden rabbit garden for the surefire attacks. Before i gained enough stats to grind in the chaos dungeon for gear. After that it was like 2-3 hours of boss rush farming so i became a god ingame.

Switching Weapons inside combat and adapting is key for endgame BlackSoulsII
Its not as easy like BS1 was when you could just pump your stats up to become immortal.

PS: Forget to include my Endgame stats. Which might explain my choices better. (Should have just posted a screenshot in the first place honestly)
LvL 999
HP:608685
MP:199998
ATK:71995
DEF:62149
MAG:52999
MDF:52543
SPD:49601
LCK:53646

Last edited:

Tachanka0203

Oct 24, 2022
My endgame build was:
-2 pumpkin knight rings
-2 black rabbit rings.
I would switch 1pumpkin knights ring if i needed the soul x2 ring or story related stuff leaf ring, prickett ring, cat ring etc etc.

3 main weapons i always used (switching inside combat)
-Giants Sword
-Crit Kishingatana
-King Knights Sword.

-Heins Sycthe there was one time i used it for the Fish God because Heins does % dmg.

Armor/Headgear
-Mabels treasure ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (I vividly remember using viking helm for the longest time but that was very early on)
-Sunlight Armor for the def & atk stat boost
-Cannon or Shotgun
-various shields because depending on the boss encounter i would always switch if needed to dodge, tank or simply gain some resistance boosts. I wasnt really betting on one single item. I would always adapt to the situation and switch gear.

Phenir also mentioned a lot of good stuff. Usually i would listen to him because he has been around of for the longest & knows his stuff. Heck Phenir`s insight helped me greatly in my run before i even made a account here.

Storm Ruler is/was only really usefull for me farming the hidden rabbit garden for the surefire attacks. Before i gained enough stats to grind in the chaos dungeon for gear. After that it was like 2-3 hours of boss rush farming so i became a god ingame.

Switching Weapons inside combat and adapting is key for endgame BlackSoulsII
Its not as easy like BS1 was when you could just pump your stats up to become immortal.

I see. Ill try and see if i can figure out doing that.

Webh

Feb 2, 2018
Now that I am done with BS2, I want to finish BS1. But oh boy is it painfull to look at first game after getting used to BS2 production value.

Tachanka0203

Oct 24, 2022
Finally beat ashes reignited after finding a good kings night sword and kishigatana combo. Now imma just grind my stats for a while and hopefully dlc and dungeons will be a peace of cake.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Omnom88

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Is there like a definitive list of all the possible items (and which are the best) that are available in chaos dungeon?
Every item not from dlc 3 is in there, except true vorpal sword and the serpent rings. Unless you meant the ones that are only available from the chaos dungeon. In which case:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: unicornDissonance01
4.80 star(s) 71 Votes