4.80 star(s) 71 Votes

Ryukage08

Jun 5, 2020
ohh so that's why i can't find it anywhere, i saw past comments talking about it (cause i was struggling in the boss rush lol) but i didn't know where i can find it

HV10

Feb 20, 2018
Used requiem for the first time in my sl1 diff 9 vs Miranda and Kuti, both have sure hit atk and both one shots me no matter the set up... Kuti in particular rolled me over for like two hours lol
hopefully prickett and chaos dungeon isn't that bad (yes I am killing everyone for my first cycle just for the items, no hard feelings)

Edit: needed requiem for godfish too, that little shit is needs some good rng to beat
Edit 2: tried to replicate godfish run for a while and realized his unavoidable attack also deletes requiem... just realized how lucky one and old my success run on godfish is lol

Last edited:

HV10

Feb 20, 2018
for some reason the frumious wrath buff is not stacking for me when I tried to use it, bug?

Edt: nvm, the buff status just doesn't show up until the 8th or 9th turn

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Also keep in mind you can only stack it once per turn even if you have multiple actions in a turn.

Reactions: HV10

Ryukage08

Jun 5, 2020
alright, finally finished H end, it took me a while to wrap my head around all the obscure lore, considering some of them are pretty difficult to find, i have to say, this was an amazing experience, i never thought i would get this invested in the story, and i'm sad that it's gonna be very difficult to find other gems similar to this one

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

bansge17

Dec 16, 2022
Is anyone coming from BS1 extremely disappointed by how the characters are handled here? In BS1 you had a beautiful hub forest that you offered as a place of shelter to the people you came across when you were exploring a foreign place. These women had distinct personalities, relations to other characters or bosses and reactions to certain enemies if you summon them. They had side quests you could do for them and each one of them had a separate ending where you could choose just them. When they weren't in your hub anymore you got worried and had to look for them to save or help them, it was instantly noticeable when someone was gone and you didn't want them to die because you had some attachment to them. Most of them were explorers or inhabitants of the places you found them in and were on a mission or just surviving, so there was definitely some common goals between them and the character.

In this game, there is none of that. Every girl you meet just remains where she is, and even if she is somewhat interesting, other than a few lines of looping dialogue and her initial introduction, you won't get much. They'll never react to anything that happens in the world (well, its not like they would find out considering they never leave the places they stay in) and cannot be summoned for fights. No real side quests or wants, no character development and when they die because the game progressed too far, you won't even notice until you open your covenant tab and see half of them missing. They're attached to the places you first find them, but those are unlikely to be places that you would want to visit if you're progressing further through the game, as they wouldn't have anything interesting and the enemies you fought 2 hours ago obviously pose no threat whatsoever now.

I still like the game quite a bit, but I am absolutely baffled at how great the characters were in 1 and how bland and empty they are here.

As an aside, I found the story and the things happening in general to be far more confusing than in the first game, that may have to do with me only getting ending A and C so far, but I somehow severely doubt that trying to get different endings will somehow let me see more fleshed out and interesting characters, akin to the ones I got to meet in the first game, nor offer me much explanation as to what's actually happening.

Sorry for the wall of text, I normally dont post anything but I feel like im going crazy with how no one seems to talk about this massive change in characters.

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Does anyone know when exactly
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Starts at10 progress You can prevent it by killing or jailing jub jub before 10 progress.
They'll never react to anything that happens in the world (well, its not like they would find out considering they never leave the places they stay in)
Wrong. Dodo, turtle, Margerat, jub jub, Hatter and friends, and Kuti all have interactions/events outside their normal spot or reactions to something happening in the world. There's a handful of moving npcs like Griffy, pumpkin'o, and blackwell.
As an aside, I found the story and the things happening in general to be far more confusing than in the first game, that may have to do with me only getting ending A and C so far, but I somehow severely doubt that trying to get different endings will somehow let me see more fleshed out and interesting characters, akin to the ones I got to meet in the first game, nor offer me much explanation as to what's actually happening.
You probably haven't even scratched the surface if those are the only two endings you got. Are you playing blind? If so, you are fairly unlikely to get some of the more interesting endings. The requirements are not as obvious as they were in BS 1. Especially B, G, F, and by extension H.

Reactions: AIternis

AIternis

Sep 13, 2020
Is anyone coming from BS1 extremely disappointed by how the characters are handled here? In BS1 you had a beautiful hub forest that you offered as a place of shelter to the people you came across when you were exploring a foreign place. These women had distinct personalities, relations to other characters or bosses and reactions to certain enemies if you summon them. They had side quests you could do for them and each one of them had a separate ending where you could choose just them. When they weren't in your hub anymore you got worried and had to look for them to save or help them, it was instantly noticeable when someone was gone and you didn't want them to die because you had some attachment to them. Most of them were explorers or inhabitants of the places you found them in and were on a mission or just surviving, so there was definitely some common goals between them and the character.

In this game, there is none of that. Every girl you meet just remains where she is, and even if she is somewhat interesting, other than a few lines of looping dialogue and her initial introduction, you won't get much. They'll never react to anything that happens in the world (well, its not like they would find out considering they never leave the places they stay in) and cannot be summoned for fights. No real side quests or wants, no character development and when they die because the game progressed too far, you won't even notice until you open your covenant tab and see half of them missing. They're attached to the places you first find them, but those are unlikely to be places that you would want to visit if you're progressing further through the game, as they wouldn't have anything interesting and the enemies you fought 2 hours ago obviously pose no threat whatsoever now.

I still like the game quite a bit, but I am absolutely baffled at how great the characters were in 1 and how bland and empty they are here.

Sorry for the wall of text, I normally dont post anything but I feel like im going crazy with how no one seems to talk about this massive change in characters.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

bansge17

Dec 16, 2022
Starts at10 progress You can prevent it by killing or jailing jub jub before 10 progress.

Wrong. Dodo, turtle, Margerat, jub jub, Hatter and friends, and Kuti all have interactions/events outside their normal spot or reactions to something happening in the world. There's a handful of moving npcs like Griffy, pumpkin'o, and blackwell.

You probably haven't even scratched the surface if those are the only two endings you got. Are you playing blind? If so, you are fairly unlikely to get some of the more interesting endings. The requirements are not as obvious as they were in BS 1. Especially B, G, F, and by extension H.
I think that's kind of sad too, though. I finished the first game without using a guide (except referring to the internet once to find where the hell goose goes after running off) and felt like different endings weren't hard to get, I got the non-obvious one accidentally, because, well, its disguised as a sidequest, and I tried doing all of them.

I tried playing this blind too, only sometimes referring to this forum or the guide as to why a bunch of NPCs suddenly died, how to get to a certain area and beat the slaughterhouse boss, and why on earth alice was now findable at the white door in the hub area as opposed to where the duchess told me to go (via the train, but I haven't actually gone there yet, because when I ported back to the hub, I got the impression that the search was over) (which I still don't really get, but I assume the other endings explain this, I'll try getting them.)

Sometimes I met NPCs here, exhausted their dialogue and then just didn't see them again, like the pumpkin bro, for example. some of the names you listed I think I never even got to encounter, possibly because one or two times I wandered off into the next area and only came back pretty late to explore the other path, like how I sort of forgot to go through the sewer and then the brothel area where I was supposed to meet the prostitute, which is where I assume the whole sherlock holmes / jack the ripper plot takes place, which I stupidly missed that way.

I also wonder how much stuff I missed out by almost constantly being hollow from dying. I ran through some earlier areas while I was human and got a buuunch of invasions that dropped good items I wish I had earlier, and it also makes me wonder if NPCs react differently to you if you're human/unhollowed while meeting them for the first time.

Looking at the requirements of the endings and seeing that I missed some key plot-revealing items, I guess I'll start a NG+ run and try to follow the guide so that I can see what else the game has to offer, though. Thanks for taking time to read my comment and giving me a nudge in the right direction.

Reactions: Deathstar1200

Omnom88

Dec 26, 2021
Looking at the requirements of the endings and seeing that I missed some key plot-revealing items, I guess I'll start a NG+ run and try to follow the guide so that I can see what else the game has to offer, though. Thanks for taking time to read my comment and giving me a nudge in the right direction.
Thats usually the first blind run experience. Its a puzzle you figure out bit by bit. Especially hunting down questline NPCs & their loactions is tricky withouth searching up all the progess/interaction triggers.
Like useing a new bornfire & resting moves NPCs fowards. The lever in the tomb is a progess trigger. Killing bosses obviously is a progress trigger. A event in the fuming forest at P0 counts as progress etc etc.
Like there is a LOT of events you can find or just miss 80% of them.
On my first run back then i never meet Vernai and missed the entire questline. Or until recently i had a hard time trying to figure out Jack O Laterns questline. (The pumpkin NPC)

I think its really normal being lost in the sauce. The story is set up that way. Considering you played BS1 tho i wonder how many endings you got because. "Spoilerwarning for BS1 final ending" BS1 already tells you the entire game was a set up of Mary Sue. All the "characters/heroines" toys/actors to make you suffer. Especially the last sequence where the world falls apart or seconds before blacking out should give you a big hint as to whats going on in BS2.

I also think you should look into the SEN mechanic viva the search function because its a important feature.
Might be to much info so read at your own judgement. SEN reflects how you view the world VS how the world really is.

Reactions: Anonymousthe22nd

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
I think that's kind of sad too, though. I finished the first game without using a guide (except referring to the internet once to find where the hell goose goes after running off) and felt like different endings weren't hard to get, I got the non-obvious one accidentally, because, well, its disguised as a sidequest, and I tried doing all of them.
Yeah, this is one of my few complaints with the game. There is nothing in the game that tells you the requirements to get G end so it's very possible a person will miss one of them and just never get it, locking them out of a good portion of the story unless they look up the endings.

Gotajarofdirt

Apr 20, 2020
Does anyone have a Full Gallery Save with zip not rar? I'm on android joiplay and I can't open or combine individual files involving rar.

4.80 star(s) 71 Votes